Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out and About

Hanna was so glad to get out of the ambasador's residence, as she made her way to her favorite restaurant. She liked to sit at the bar and read, it got her away from the world of politics. She sighed as she noticed the body guard in a seat near by. She smiled at the wait staff as they brought her favorite drink. This was the best part about being on Coruscant, being able to enjoy the nicer places. She pulled out her Datapad and began to read, She wanted to escape for a while and this was how she did so.

Flint Pherson

F
"Can I join you?"

A smiling man dressed in cream white slacks approached. He had a datapad in one hand and a coffee in another. He seemed very military but unfailing kind.

"...Sorry. All the other seats were taken. Mind if we share?"

" Go ahead"
Hanna said with a smile, She looked him over, she was in a simple dress, and had her legs crossed as she read.
" I am Hanna, Hanna Lissiri. "
She gave a smile as she wondered what the man did for a living.

Flint Pherson

F
He smiled warmly and set his things down. Pulling up a chair and getting rather comfortable. He beamed again and reached across the table for a handshake,

"Flint. Flint Pherson. Nice to meet you Miss Lissiri. ...And, heh. Thank you again for sharing your table with me. It is most welcome."

He leaned back in his chair and removed a pair of reading glasses. Flint was 38 years old and required glasses for less-strenuous reading. Smiling as he turned his datapad on for a read.

Hana smiled, looking back at her datapad. She enjoyed a good read and was glad to have company. It wasn't often she was joined at her table that didn't want in her pants. That wasn't to say she was sure he didn't, it just didn't seem that way. She shook his hand, and was looked back at her datapad for a bit. She wondered if he knew who she was... but he didn't seem to which was good, she hated when she met friends of her mother and all they wanted to talk about was politics.

Flint Pherson

F
Flint read the latest news from the Republic Senate and pondered upon the coming topics of war and conflict. It was very thought-provoking and sometimes deeply troubling. That was why he found such solace in the simple act of drinking coffee at a Cafe' House. It served to relax him. Even on the worst of days.

He touched his glasses and sipped his coffee. Taking no leisure to disturb Hanna's meditations. His thoughts, concerns, and duties lay outside of the influence of the civilian lifestyle. Her world was an alien to him. And Flint was comfortable simply reading and browsing in good company for now. Hanna's presence was felt by the warmth of her heart and the kind offer to share her table with a stranger. She remained, the untouchable angel just above his view.

She decided to ask him what he was reading. " So what you reading? " She wondered though who was this guy, he seemed nice. Though then the lights dimmed and she took a deep breath, she hated when someone dimmed the lights, she couldn't see much anymore, let alone read. She was releived when her favorite server fixed the lights, she could see again. Hanna hated being a Hapan some times.. her lack of being able to see in the dark was always embarrassing. " I am just reading a romance novel, trying to escape the world"

Flint Pherson

F
Ah. Romance. And what fine fancy is love indeed. Flint smirked even as the lights dimmed and returned. He paid it no mind,

"Oh? ...Well. I am reading about current events. The, happenings out in the world. Haha. Just browsing really."

He enjoyed her desire to talk. It was a welcome distraction from business,

"Haha. Trying to escape the world now are we? Well. That's too bad." He shifted his glasses with a smirk, "...I rather like the world myself. Don't see why a fine woman like yourself would want to leave it. Haha."

His eyes browsed his datapad with passing interest. Was there more to Hanna's interest than just a story? Only time would tell.

" Well, its more I tire of the realm of politics, and was finally not required to meet whatever politician my mother is entertaining this evening. So here is my time away, from the realm that is my mothers job. " She said with a smile, She liked meeting random people and talking, They were far more interesting than most of the diplomats and such she was forced to help entertain. Though she wanted to become a reporter which was the funny thing, about this all and her desire to escape the world. " I am sorry , I can explain it a bit better, My mother is the Ambasador from the Hapes Cluster. " She said, blushing a bit at the fact she was called a fine woman, she usually didn't meet men so nice to talk to.

Flint Pherson

F
"Ah. Well. No doubt it is a life of luxury and entertainment. I am sorry if such things tire you. Perhaps? ...Perhaps with time and with effort, you will begin to grow a career of your own. One in which, you will excel and find the happiness you so wonderfully seek."

He nodded with a smile and sip of his coffee. She was a well spoken woman. Hanna. And very bright.

" You make me sound spoilied... I want to find a career, It is just that I am not sure what to do, I don't want to be a pretty face to some man's arm or anything. Its hard to find something of your own to seek. What do you do? if you don't mind me asking?" She was curious as she took a drink of her carbonated drink. Hanna always enjoyed learning about the various people of a place. It was the perk of her mother traveling.

Flint Pherson

F
Taking his time, Flint put down his coffee and pressed his datapad aside,

"I'm in the military. So I fly ships from here to there. It's fun. Heh. A little travel, a little politics, ...I manage."

He smiled and waved away the comment. Choosing to continue Hanna's desires instead,

"But your desired career isn't a military one, I take it. Well then... What would you like to do. A smart and educated woman like yourself? ...Surely you must have many wonderful options available to you. Maybe even a childhood dream or two? Haha."

The man relaxed in his chair and looked about the room. It was a busy morning indeed.

"The military is an interesting world, but no, I of course have always wanted to be a princess, I want to help people I suppose, or inform them of the happenings of the world, I have thought about maybe becoming a politician like my mother, but I don't know." She smiled and wondered what sort of military work this man did.

Flint Pherson

F
"Haha. A Princess. What a fun idea." He laughed at the playful thought. It wasn't something a man like himself had ever considered as a career. What a strange and unique place Hapes must be.

"What about school? Surely you've seen some education. Held jobs in the past and such. You cannot reasonably have no single focus for employment?"

Or could she?

"I have been taught by the finest tutors and such that my mother has arranged, but that's about it. " She had a pretty round education, and was still being tutored about more advanced topics. She was sad to admit it but she had never really worked, She was mainly a socialite, when she wasn't out with friends she was either busy or with her mother. It was a rare time to have "time" to do something like this.

Flint Pherson

F
"Oh. Well. ...Then I'm sure you have your own challenges to face. As do we all. But don't fret it. Everybody has to start somewhere."

Home schooled, never worked, and no free time. Ouch. Worst resume ever. Flint sure hoped her mother had important friends. But then again, maybe she'd have better luck back on Hapes. Every place was different you know?

Flint didn't really have anything else to add. So he pick back up his datapad and began reading again. Hanna's lifestyle might not have many any sense to him, but the news sometimes did.

She similed and went back to her datapad, wondering what the man did, trying to get her nerve up to ask him more questions, but alas she didn't. So instead she kept reading her book. It was a good read, and she was glad that she had taken a friends suggestion. " So what Branch of the military do you work with? " She finally managed to get out.

Flint Pherson

F
Flint raised a singer finger and excused himself for a moment. Going back to the bar and ordering another drink. He kinda wanted a chocolate shake right now. In a moment he returned and settled himself back again,

"What was that you ask? What branch do I work with? ...Oh. Well. The Navy mostly. I find that delegating your duties out to the people underneath is a very healthy way of doing business. I have more time for things like this. ...And the people underneath me have new opportunity to test and show their skill. It's all about teamwork I suppose."

He took another sip of his coffee and stood up. Gathering his things, getting ready to leave, and taking his new chocolate shake with him.

"Thank you for sharing your table your with me Miss Lissiri. It's been a pleasure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom