Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other factions - What are we doing to interact with them

[member="Isha"]

Quite the busy bee.

Well, as this thread (of which I'm not sure why it got moved to the archives) outlines, we've already got a plan in place for activity with the First Order. My announcement here details a break of hostilities between us and the One Sith. The only other faction that we presently have any interactions with is the Techno Union over the matter of Naboo, of which I would assume you're aware of since you started the thread (My mistake. Mistook Aela and the Naboo thread with the Dominion of Bpfassh.) We've yet to see how that's going to play out.

So there's all that. Presently there aren't any plans for further overt, intentional violent confrontations with other factions. Ideally, I'd like to keep any talks of armed conflicts off the table for at least another week or two while we see about getting other projects off the ground, but we'll see where things go from there.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

I'm aware. Was simply giving a breakdown of things as they currently stand.

The First Order, One Sith, and Techno Union all come up because they're our immediate neighbors with whom we've have standing or developing interactions with. Beyond Roche, which was a bit of a confusing quagmire to begin with, I'm not aware of any existing interactions with the Republic or other factions beyond our borders. If people want to see us interact with the other major factions beyond our borders, I'd certainly like to hear those ideas and general desires. But they're not my current focus. Doesn't make much sense for time and effort to be spent trying to develop a plotline with a faction across the galaxy when we've got three neighbors with whom we're already active with, and with whom most people are already involved with.

If there is a group of peopel that comes to me with something to the effect of "Hey, we'd like to do a thread with the Silver Sanctum/Mandalorians/Some Other Major Faction," then that's great and I will make such a thread a priority to be made. But I need a group of people for that to happen. As much as I might wish otherwise, I have a finite amount of time and energy I can expend on the board, so I have to make decisions that affect and please the most number of writers possible.

Ayden Cater said:
My announcement here details a break of hostilities between us and the One Sith.
OOC it makes sense to catch a breather.

How does this come about ICly, are we saying that there are still small, probing skirmishes happening off-screen as they test each other's defenses? What's the story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom