Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OS520.G Scarlet SubMachine Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Image: Link
Image Source: Borderlands (Patrol SMG)
Intent: A platform for semi-modular tactical blaster PDW, also for using coloring crystals as well as some of the minor physical effects of focusing crystals such as making tighter beams.
Development Thread: I/N
Manufacturer: Arcrystal-Mnaya Corp. / Arakyd Industries Inc.
Model: OS520.G Scarlet SubMachine Blaster
Affiliation: AMC, AIC, Open Market
Modularity: Top Weaver Rail and other standardized blaster mods.
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, Thermoplast, Blaster Components, Energy Crystal
Classification: Blaster Repeater
Size: Handheld
Length: 71.1 cm.
Weight: 3.7 kg.
Ammunition Type: Power Cell & Gas Canister (Compliant with CC-2P and BTI-EOU Power Packs)
Ammunition Capacity: CC-2P: 240, BTI-EOU: 200, Hi-Cap: 360, Gas Canisters: 540
Effective Range: 150 m.
Rate of Fire: Single Fire, Full Automatic (1,100 RPM)
Special Features:
  • Twin Hair Triggers for quick single or automatic firing.
  • Elevated Weaver Rail for comfort and fast reaction timing (includes removable 2x HUD Optic)
  • Adjustable Stock with spare Power Cell Holder
  • Thermoplast Handle and Foregrip for no-slip grip and comfort
  • Optional barrel Weaver Rail for Underslung Weapon Systems
  • Gas Compensator reduces light emissions and muzzle drift
Description: The OS520.G Scarlet is a sub repeater blaster commissioned by a private customer, and was designed for the open market to facilitate sales and availability. It is incredibly tight and responsive, with features minded towards tactical and close-quarters use. The inclusion of a crystal allows bolts to be given distinct colors based on personal preference or friendly fire identification, with link:certain (non-Force related) effects, such as ionization, tighter or wider bolts, having minor results in the overall bolt pattern. The stock focusing crystal is White Rubat, which generates a slender, tight white bolt to assist with fine aim.

Primary Source: Tokarev M 1927 (range, fire rate, concept), E-11 Blaster Rifle (capacity), Compensator (component), Blaster Mechanics (proof of concept)

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Nyxie"], I understand the concept of muzzle brakes on firearms, which is why I was curious if there was a canon blaster muzzle brake.

Blasters seem to me to be one of those things that aren't well-standardized in canon material. From what I've been able to find, and I could be wrong on this, blasters emit a particle beam. Because of that, there aren't any propellant gases for a muzzle brake to shunt in various directions to redirect the muzzle. The good news is that one of the key advantages over slugthrowers is their low, almost nonexistent recoil, so such a device might not be needed in any case.

But I don't see how having a muzzle brake would hurt the submission or break game balance.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]?

[member="DarthDraven Lord of Draven"]
As you're using a Rubat crystal for your Prismatic Focusing Crystal lens, how comparable is the effectiveness of this weapon to a lightsaber, in terms of penetration?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"] - Incomparable.

Nowhere I could find is there any mention of a Rubat changing the effectiveness of a lightsaber blade, so the fair assumption is that there is no change to the effectiveness of a blaster bolt either. A Rubat crystal is only said to sharpen the beam, making it easier and quicker to track, and that is the same exact and only effect it is said to have here.

A lightsaber is a lightsaber, a blaster is a blaster. If someone decides to change the crystal in theirs, that's a potential for abuse inherent in the canon mechanics of blasters, not any particular model. It doesn't mean a blaster is going to shoot lightsabers just because someone used, for example, a Qixoni crystal instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom