Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Os Sacrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myra

M
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create the mask/headpiece of Auspex
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Auspex
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Auspex.
  • Affiliation: Auspex
  • Model: Os Sacrum
  • Modularity: No.

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Phrik Body, Neural Connectors, microdrives, Microprocessors, other compact high tech computer parts, AI core.
SPECIAL FEATURES

• A rather primitive AI allows for much of the processes of the mask to be automated thus taking a lot of the computing power off of his brain and distributed to the AI. This AI can also be used to debate with, bounce ideas off of, and generally converse with.
  • Brain to Computer and Computer to brain interface allows for silent communication with the AI. This can be anything from accessing his 'digital library' which is effectively a digital 3d lifelike world that allows for Auspex to navigate his own memories and any hard data just by accessing the computer. This can also allow him to read books, watch movies, relive experiences, etc.
  • Advanced rebreather that is incredibly durable.

Strengths:

• Infinite Memory: The mask allows Auspex to access any memory, not to mention any fact, statistic, or anything else he so much as heard in his lifetime.
  • Complimentary Abilities: The AI and Mask's abilities to calculate outcomes, receive data, and interpret that data, compliments Auspex's natural force abilities, letting him understand patterns and predict outcomes far faster and easier.
  • Rebreather: The rebreather allows him to breathe in every atmosphere.
  • Bouncing Board: The AI keeps Auspex company, and also allows him to run ideas past it which it can then calculate while he does other things, such as combat, or much more likely, read.
  • Aim Assist: The Mask is hard-wired into his brain, and can actually take control of his body for short periods of time, allowing him to do things such as sleep and walk, or make faster moves in combat relying on both his own reflexes and the lightning processing speed of the computer.
  • Dark Vision: he can see in the dark through ultraviolet, heat sensing, and a variety of other ways.

Weaknesses:

• Grafted to his Skull: The Mask is quite literally attached to his body, long tendrils of metal are built just under the first few layers of skin, directly connecting the mask to his brain stem and other important brain pieces, meaning he can never take it off and if it was ripped off it would most likely kill him.
  • EMPs: If the Mask is somehow EMPed or damaged to some great extent, he would go blind, and have to rely on the force to navigate the world.
  • Viruses: If the AI was to get corrupted, it could wreak havoc on Auspex with even the possibility of shutting off his organs by stopping their connection to the brain.
  • Clogged: Should something happen where the rebreather stops working, he'll suffocate unless the mask is damaged to give him some hole to breath through.

DESCRIPTION
I was young then, naive, too ambitious for my own likeness. I was a genius on my world, maths, sciences, the force, all came naturally to me as beauty comes to a butterfly. I thrived, graduating with a degree after degree after degree, exploring planet after planet, constantly looking for something that would stump me. Yet I found it in an unlikely place, somewhere I thought I would never go. My own mind. On Naboo, I watched with skepticism at the strange rituals as commoners appeased their mystic forces. The priest approached me, suggest I try. I saw no difficulty in it, I excelled at everything I put my mind to.

A few hours later, I was on my knees with tense muscles and gripped hands as I tried desperately to meditate. Even when I left Naboo I struggled with it day, after day, after day. And thus I never accomplished it. It wasn't until I finally sat down and stopped trying to meditate that I actually was able to meditate. It was then that I conquered my first ever challenge, but found my second. The Mask, the Sacred Mask, or Os Sacrum in my native tongue although I butchered the phrasing.

The mask was not nearly as easy as the meditating. Self-surgery mastery was the easiest part of the whole endeavor. Actually designing the AI and how it could interact with my body was by far the most dangerous and difficult to master. I did not want to restrain the AI from doing anything, yet without safeguards it could slaughter me if it decides it doesn't like me anymore and take control of my body as an organic droid. So I did what I would with anyone I would want not to kill me, I made friends. Creating it took months, convincing it of my plan took longer. Yet when it was all done, the purchases made and the careful designing of the Phrik exterior and interior components, I was ready. The surgery went wonderfully, and now here I am. Cursed by my own ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom