Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship OS-I1 Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
starship_____instructor_____3d_commission_by_adamkop-d5i8v91.jpg

Image Credit: Here
Intent: To create a standard interceptor for the Omega Protectorate.
Development Thread: N/A
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Fondor Shipyards
Model: OS-I1 Ranger
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel alloy
Description: The X1 Project is the line of starfighters designed by Omega's Fondor shipyards to be their mainstay line of mass-produced starfighters intended for general purpose. Designed using similar parts and systems across the range, tweaking individual parts only to fit the starfighter's role, each is intended to be a high-performance machine emphasising speed over armour durability. High-capacity shield generators increase a pilot's chances of survival, balancing out the fighters' toughness. Each X1 starfighter has an inbuilt astromech droid, which can be removed by an access panel near the rear of the ship; this reduces the chance of it being damaged in the middle of combat.

The Ranger, also known as the I-One, is the interceptor model. Designed for high-speed combat, long-distance reconnaissance and general interception duties, it is lightly armed compared to other X1 models. It is, however, equipped with a passive sensor jammer to reduce the ability of long-range scanners picking up the I-One until it is at closer range, improving its chances of survivability before it enters effective combat. It also makes use of concussion missiles instead of proton torpedoes to keep the load light and the systems minimal.

Classification: Interceptor
Role: Interceptor, reconnaissance
Height: 2.2 metres
Width: 4.1 metres
Length: 7.2 metres
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1.0
Crew: 1 pilot
Armaments:
  • One Heavy Laser Cannon
  • Two Concussion Missile Launchers (4 warheads apiece)
Hangar:
  • N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Built-in Astromech droid
  • Ray Shield Generator
  • Standard Targeting Computer
  • Standard Sensor Suite
  • Communications Relay
  • Sensor Jammer
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 25 kg
Consumables: 1 week