Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original Suikoden writers come together...

Not sure if there are any other folks on the site who played the Suikoden games. They were a series of classic JRPGs that released in the 90s into the early 2000s. Elemental magic with an emphasis on realistic civil war and a massive cast of characters (108 recruitable in each game!) which created this huge rich awesome world...

Except it's owned by Konami, the game developer that really doesn't want to be a game developer. I had really hoped they were going to sell the license because I still think there are incredible stories to tell in this world but my hope slips away every bloody year as Konami sits on the license and lets it rot...

But not to despair! The original writers of the franchise came together and put a very successful kickstarter together: Eiyuden Chronicle sounds like a spiritual successor in every way. I was too late to help crowdfund as I just heard about this project, but I'm incredibly excited. They have plenty of outside backing to help make the game and it seems like their keeping the spirit of the old Suikoden games intact.

Anyone else excited about this? Bring back memories? Interested in something new?

If it's successful I would imagine it'll get a port. Though they specifically list limiting the ports at the get go so that they can focus and get everything right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom