Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ordinary World | The Hubris of Wrath

Wrath.png

Jax-temp.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Mandalorians were mobilizing. The Sith were showing their numbers once more. What were the Jedi doing? They were being stretched thin, trying to rebuild enclaves that had been attacked, all while attempting to carry on their mission of keeping the evils of the galaxy at bay. Jackson had little time to pay attention to any of it. His time was focused, or supposed to be. Romi had him working with CJ to rebuild and resupply the enclave on Jakku. The trips back and forth from Coruscant had been tedious after a while, tiresome, but someone had to do them.

This time it came with a small errand which differed from the rest. A Briana Sal-Soren was said to be recovering, and Romi had insisted that he pay her a visit. There was something familiar about the name, like Jax should have known it from somewhere. In truth he was so distractible that it was likely a name he knew, but had forgotten it, or dismissed the moment he first heard it. That would have been right in line with who he was.

A Lesan.

Jax had often been accused of hearing only what he wanted to hear, and that was not often inaccurate. It was only partially inaccurate. Jackson had learned to sift through information, and often disposed of what did not seem relevant to him at the time. Unfortunately, the young Corellian had yet to learn how to judge accurately.

The medbay was stark, boring, clinical. He supposed that was a good thing because hopefully it meant the area was also sterile. The last thing a patient needed was to die of some infection because of some unaccounted for pathogen in the environment. Jackson looked at the single flower in his hand. He was bringing some in.

Ironic.

His brow furrowed in a puzzled expression when he crossed the threshold of the room Briana was staying in.

“Just?”

“Jax, what are you doing here,” the equally curious voice replied.

“Romi sent me to check up on Knight Sal-Soren. I did not think you would be here.”

“She’s an old friend.”

“Ahhh… a friend…

“Not like that you dolt.”

Jax chuckled.

“I should go, Bri. Get better huh? Hollis will stop by a little later and check in on you too.”

Jackson smirked. Hollis… the woman that had Justice’s heart. There was no one better than her for his cousin, but the way Just looked at Briana, there was definitely some kind of history there. He was not about to buy the two of them had never been a thing. Even if the truth was they had not been. How was Jax supposed to know she was the reason Justice had lost his arm?

“Uhh… so this is from Master Jade,” he said as the Corellian Rose was placed on the table next to the bed. “I’m Jax, and now I can tell her I visited and get back to other stuff I’m supposed to do.”

He looked around the room…

“...so… what happened?”

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan
Briana-Side_Pic.png

"Thanks for visiting Just, I really appreciate it." Briana said with a warmth that belied the exhaustion in her voice. "If you happen to see Hollis before I do, please tell her how much I enjoyed the snacks she prepared." A delicate smile lifted the corners of her full, pale-pink lips, attempting to convey her genuine appreciation as her fingers wrapped around Just's organic hand in a gentle squeeze before he departed.

Despite knowing that no amount of doting would expedite the process of her regaining her connection to the Force, Briana didn't bother trying to argue about not needing Just and Hollis' fussing over her. She knew that'd be as foolish as challenging a tempestuous sea with nothing but a rickety old boat; futile, and a waste of limited energy. Still, knowing that they cared somehow made the gaping void left by her blocked connection to the Force a little easier to tolerate.

The room grew quite after Justice left, though the assumptious one that Justice referred to as 'Jax' seemed eager to fill it.

"Uhh… so this is from Master Jade, I'm Jax, and now I can tell her I visited and get back to other stuff I'm supposed to do."

Thick lashes lowered, eyes briefly flickering to where Jax laid the rose on her table before raising to meet his gaze. "Romi sent you, huh?" she picked up the rose, carefully placing it in the vase near her bedside along with the rest of the flowers that'd been sent to her, at least until she could get it into its own separate container. "It's been a while since I've seen her, guessing you're either one of her students or one of her star-struck admirer's — if you're running her errands."

There was an underpinning of humor beneath her tone as she settled back into the pillows of her cot, clearly taking a small jab at him for his eagerness to jump to premature conclusions earlier.

"...so… what happened?"

One brow arched curiously, surprised that he hadn't already heard. Briana figured that the rumor mill would have been in full swing by now and that most would have known, or at least would have known the surface details of what'd happened on Ryloth. Part of her was relieved that wasn't the case.

"Mandalorian," she said, her tone dry and matter-of-fact. "Lily is my padawan, the one who was taken by them recently. I went with a group to negotiate her release and things went south rather quickly. Got shot in the leg with a voidstone bullet trying to protect her... Didn't even know they had access to that kind of arsenal. Didn't know voidstones were that easy to come by." she gestured to her injured leg, trying to keep the bitterness from her tone. "- and as you can see, I'm paying the price for it. It's rendered me quite... ordinary."

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

Wrath.png

Jax-temp.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

“Student… she’s a bit old for me, don’t you think? CJ on the other hand…”

The words trailed off with the thought. They were not there to discuss how pretty the Jade women were, even Jackson had to admit the were very good looking.

“...it doesn’t matter anyway as the Jade women are far out the league of any Lesan.”

Jackson knew of the mandalorian conflict. He had not known how it started. Briana had given a simple explanation, one that was far too simple for Jackson’s liking. Oh he had no doubt of her padawan’s involvement, but Jax was pretty confident that one lone padawan did not have the importance to be the starting point of intergalactic war. There was something deeper, a larger issue, that was driving all of it.

“Your padawan is the excuse,” he said a little defiantly, but also matter of fact like.

He looked at her more carefully.

Ordinary.

The word was either used on purpose, or it was just a coincidence. She had used a word which Jackson identified with too much. Though for her he could sense why. Upon further investigation Jax realized he could not sense her force signature.

A puzzled look was on his face.

“Did they… like are you not able to use the force anymore?”

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Coruscant | Tag: Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana's manicured brow arched in amusement, as Jackson seemed to trip over his own explanation of how exactly he related to the Jade women, a smirk pulling on her full lips. "I didn't think Lesan's cared about that sorta thing," Briana further prodded, testing how deep that Lesan blood ran and how far he'd dig his own hole, much like others she'd met of his ilk tended to do.

Unfortunately, he switched subjects long before it got to that point.

"My Padawan was the excuse," she confirmed with a nod. "But many won't see it that way, people like having someone to blame." There was always a scapegoat in every dynamic, and Lily would be the most convenient in this one. Briana only hoped she'd be able to shield her from the brunt of it and that it wouldn't impact her training and experiences too negatively.

She shook her head slightly when he asked if she wasn't able to use the Force, gently tousling her hair. "Not for the time being," she confirmed, feeling the weight of those words as the acceptance of it truly began to settle. "The healers are adamant that once the remaining particles of the slug pass through my system that I'll be right as rain again, but they've never seen anything like it either, so really it's all a waiting game at this point. Spells trouble for any future conflict with the Mandalorian's, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom