Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordinance insertion tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
5f9cd06a882b0fb2d91ba838f74cdf70.jpg

• Intent: A tool to fire ordinance through walls in a stealthy manner.
  • Image Source: Fuze's gadget from siege
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: (Please link and cite the sources which you are modifying for your use in your submission.)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Talohn Atar
  • Affiliation: Talohn Atar
  • Market Status: Open
  • Modularity: The ability to choose which explosives the gadget fires.
  • Production: Mass produced
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Detonator
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Extremely light
  • Explosive Type: Any
  • Delivery Method: Launched
  • Effective Range: Dependent on projectile fired
  • Area Of Effect: Dependent on projectile fired
  • Damage Output: Dependent on projectile fired
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • This tool is not a grenade so much as it is a gadget to deliver them. When placed on a surface, the OIT will attach itself to the surface and breach it with a tube that goes through to the other side. When this is done, the user activates the detonator and whatever ordinance is stored inside the OIT will be launched into the room.
STRENGTHS
  • High piercing: This tool has to pierce walls to fire it's projectiles. Thus it is equipped to breach most surfaces without difficulty
WEAKNESSES
  • EMPS: This tool by all intents and purposes is tech. EMPS will deactivate the tool before it can launch ordinance. If the ordinance isn't tech based, you risk blowing up the tool and the surface it's attached to. Also yourself.
DESCRIPTION
Talohn made this before joining Strill Securities as something to aid the squad he was apart of with breaching and taking down threats. Not much to say. A useful tool for inserting all kinds of things into an enemy base. Flashbangs, regular grenades, EMPS, you name it. All can be thrown into a room with this toy.

Last edited:
Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

A useful gadget, I'm sure. Unfortunately, including a rating in fields that ask for one is not optional, at the moment; I can see why you did it, but if the fields are largely irrelevant I might suggest using a different template instead. I'd personally suggest Basic Technology since this is less ordnance more delivery system; if it was a rocket/grenade launcher it'd be squarely in Ranged Weapon, but that's not quite right either.​

Whichever template you end up using, please include any required ratings; you may note variability elsewhere.​

Other than that, there are some minor issues I will be handling in bullet point format.​
  • Please including a link in Image Credit, either to this "Fuse" character or to the game (?) itself.​
  • Please link your character's bio under Manufacturer (and, should you so desire, Affiliation as well).​
  • Please remove the instructional text in "Primary Source", replacing it with "N/A" or the equivalent.​
  • Please link "Strill Securities" if possible.​
Finally, I am not entirely sure what you mean by: "If the ordinance isn't tech based, you risk blowing up the tool and the surface it's attached to. Also yourself." Is that meant to imply that the tool might explode if struck by an EMP, or that it might launch the ordinance without breaching first?​

AMCO AMCO Alright, I'll get to work on this when I can. When I say ordinance I mean like. The tool itself is tech based. If you fill it full of non tech based grenades and press the launch button, but it's hit by an EMP before it can launch the grenades, those grenades are still live. So it's best to get yourself away.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Update on this? I can give you a few more days if you need them, or I can move this to Pre-Factory if a more distant deadline is preferable.

If no response is received by the 12th of March (this Friday), I will be archiving this submission for inactivity.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

What is the status of this submission? As per the rules of the pre-factory, which can be found here, submissions may only remain in the pre-factory for one month before being archived. Unfortunately, your submission has been in the pre-factory for longer than a month, if you could please update us on if you still intend to complete it, or if you would rather the submission be moved to the archives till you're ready to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom