Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order [Invite]

Suddenly there was a loud crashing sound as Thurion was knocked to the ground by something unknown at the moment. That alien object, however, was about to become very clear to him what it was, as a purring mixed in with random "Furry"-s and "Jaa"-s was heard eminating from what moments ago had pounced Thurion. Overjoyed at what he discovered, the boy quickly forgave the bruises he'd been given as he wrapped both arms around Daux. "Kitty!" he yelled in sheer joy and surprise. "What are you doing here, Kitty?" he asked, not caring whether he would be given an explanation or no, and given Daux' predicament, he wasn't likely to be given one. His hands went all over her, scratching and petting wherever he could, before eventually settling for a big hug. "Thank you, Kitty, for being here." All worries or doubts of coming to this place, leaving Tython and Republic space behind, were snuffed out at the sight of his dearest friend. Now everything was as it should be, he thought, smiling and laughing, almost crying tears of joy.

@[member="Daux"] @[member="Asha Seren"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Qae Shena"] @[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] @[member="Jericho"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Boolon Murr"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Quinn Vos"]

Jericho stood quietly observing all who were in the meeting room, he watched the movements and listened closely to the words of the everyone around the close three. The close three referring to himself and the two he was familiar most with in comparison of everyone else in the room, Thurion and Master Seren. He saw the abundance of positive of emotion in the air around them. All of the tight hugs, the warm smiles shared by the masters and their padawans, the warmth of the hand holding of the two who stood before him. The glances of the man referred as Jaxton to the pair whom of which he did not know but assuming that they had history. The reluctant padawan, who eventually caved in and decided to join revealed more of her intelligence as she spoke.

All had their unique personalities, their own ways of speaking, their own levels of intelligence, wisdom, and experience. As Qae stated, they were all different but they all had seemingly a single goal, the betterment of the galaxy as whole, just doing plain good. In doing so, all of them had agreed the to not to join a formal branch of government, after hearing a murmured statement by his Master, he had to assume that she was also in agreement of the statement. So, in his mind, he expected no type of corruption to be made unless a member decides to turn their path which was, from all the hype, doubtful to happen. In his case, he would never turn on his master and fellow padawan, so he wouldn't be betraying anyone anytime soon.

Qae's words stirred the adrenaline of the young padawan. Jericho had a unique feeling, he wasn't completely sure how to explain it; it was something he had never felt before around so many people at once, what was the word? Happy? No. Grateful? Yes, but not exactly what he was feeling. Excited? Almost but not quite, it was similar. Inspired? Yes! That was what he was feeling, the normally calm and analyzing young padawan was feeling absolutely inspired as more moved to fully join the cause. Even more so when his younger fellow padawan, Thurion, spoke up to the other master. Though he was much younger, he had enough courage to speak out to the much older and wiser master, even making showing the connection he had with master Seren. As a padawan, he too had to show his abilities; all of his abilities, meaning his martial, diplomatic, and social skills to show that his master was doing well in the instructions of her padawans.

But not only that, he was starting to actually feel the warmth radiating from the environment around him as thought he was part of something and meant something, instantly he began contemplating means to help the cause. Maybe with the war going on, since they were under the radar for the most part, members can travel in groups giving aid to those in need. Or the stronger members can go and take down those of the dark side and save many innocents from their slaughtering way. Getting creative with his abilities in stealth, maybe send agents around to spread the ways of peace to route out violence in an area in a peaceful manner with out being detected. But how would he be able to voice this? As much as he wanted to the young padawan was barely able to speak to his own master. Lowering his guard he contemplated ways to say his idea without making him, Thurion, and Master Seren look like fools.

Then the unexpected happened, Jericho was caught off guard. Unaware of the presence of "kitty", the moment she pounced on Thurion, Jericho's martial instincts quickly took over. He quick jumped backwards getting into a fighting stance, hitting the ground with his feet rather loudly instinctively using the sound to "shock" or causing the foe to react to the sound so he could make a quick move. Luckily he quickly adjusted to the situation and was able to stop himself from taking his saber, having realized that the person that had pounced Thurion was friend and seemed to be close to him. Still, he felt embarrassed for his action and felt like he made the two before him look bad, unknowing how to act, he lower his head. "I....Apologize..." He said under his breath, he looked to the other and bowed his head then motioned to Asha that he would be exploring the temple for the remainder of the meeting. He then moved to make a hasty exit, so they could continue on with their desired meeting.

[SIZE=10pt]Quietly, she slipped the dagger back in its sheath, determining @[member="Daux"] was not an enemy. The Kiffar warrior fell back into a sentinel position at Qae’s side. Of course she looked at things tactically, including a response to her teacher’s question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“We do not have numbers to hit the larger enemies of the galaxy. They will take care of themselves. We must hit the smaller numbers-guerilla style. Keep them unorganized so they cannot add numbers to those they oppress.”[/SIZE]

"We cannot get ahead of ourselves yet. Not quite," Seroth spoke as he moved to a pace forward, regarding the tiny assembly, hands outstretched in empathetic gesture.

"As Teynara voiced, and as Qae acknowledged, we are just a handful of men and women trying to follow what our conscience is telling is right. We have much to do in laying the foundations that will keep us knit together, though, if asked, I would lay what I possess on the line for each of you. Any of you. I have found that I am not alone. That what I have wished to say and act out is not a case of simple anomaly.

"And now... From what I have endured, first hand, these are some loose strictures that we could, if we are all so inclined, agree to," He said, and began punctuating each line with a nod to the assembled faces that were closely observing. "...We do not engage in acts of cruelty or hatred. We never accept someone's coin or payment to go and take life at their word. ...We do not leave family behind. And that our neutrality does not mark us as indifferent.

"...We cannot become the things that have driven us away," Seroth murmured, blinking with quiet regret. "We cannot become so unbending that we cannot allow one another to make mistakes. This... silent conclave... has to be a bastion of kindness and respect. And no small amount of love."
@Daux @Asha Seren @Jaxton Ravos @Qae Shena @Teynara Jeralyr @Jericho @Spencer Jacobs @Seroth Ur-Rahn @Boolon Murr @Rosa Mazhar @Quinn Vos

@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

[SIZE=10pt]Emerald-fire eyes never left Seroth as he spoke. Someone new, an unknown. Brows crinkled in concentration as she tracked along with his basic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]He was cautious, not an action, ACTION man. It was something that would be frustrating for Quinn, much like meditation had been. But hopefully, waiting would yield the same rewards. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Hopefully.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“What if your family betrays you?” Remaining alert, the clipped question left plain-lips.[/SIZE]

Asha frowned as everything happened all at once. Daux was suddenly there, and Jericho was leaving... Raising a hand to her head the Knight rubbed her temples. "Give me a moment, or maybe longer. Know that I and my Padawans are fully onboard. For now Thurion can speak for me." Reaching out she ruffled the young boy's hair as he sat playing with Daux. She knew that was a lot of responsibility to put on a twelve-year-old's shoulders, but she also knew that this was a more laid back scenario than he was used to. Hopefully both aspects would compliment one another.

Then she turned on her heels, bowed to each individual gathered, promising to return soon, and wandered across to where Jericho had headed, hoping to speak to the young man in private...

[Short post, sorry, but I need to start winding down my Asha-posts. I'll stick around as Dauxy]

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
"I'm sorry, that one's mine." Jaxton said, blushing a bit as his apprentice @[member="Daux"] ran around. Those who probably didn't notice before would have noticed he had more than a few teethmarks on his arms, a product of his interaction with the touchy-feely girl who still partly believed she was a cat. Which was no problem really, he was fine with it, but it became a bit odd to explain sometimes. "Thurion, could you take her to play for a little while?" He asked the boy @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. He didn't know the boy well, but he kept up with @[member="Daux"] and who she interacted with, and knew the name well enough.

"You are all right of course, we need to create a covenant, a guideline for us all to follow, and it needs to recognize our beliefs for helping people of all walks of life, and all the nations they fall under. I think we can sort out the exact wordings and creed later, but we all have a general idea of what it should be, which is what is important." He spoke, before Qae's apprentice asked a rather tough question. What would they do if someone betrayed them?

"I don't think we'll face as many 'betrayals' as the Jedi or Sith would, due to our tolerance for the neutral and our naturally lesser numbers. However, I guess their is still always that possibility. If someone wishes to leave the Conclave I think we should let them, provided they promise not to expose the safety of the rest of us. If someone were to try to hurt us though . . " He said, and paused for a moment, thinking. "I think it should be case by case. We determine what to do based on the severity on what they've done. In the extremes however." He said, and thought for a moment of the earthquakes at Metalorn. "I am not opposed to stripping the Force from someone, or . . . or even killing those who commit atrocities with a sense of righteousness."

Cherishing the loving embrace of his friend @[member="Daux"], Thurion was now treated to the touch of @[member="Asha Seren"] as well. His hair was ruffled by her hand as per usual, but he wished it would last longer, as Master Asha turned and walked away, leaving the others to resume their conversation. When @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] suggested him taking Kitty for a walk, Thurion couldn't agree more readily. With an over-exaggerated nod of his head, along with a wide smile on his face, he rose up from the floor and gently grabbed Daux by the hair to have her follow. He did not pull or tug at her, but merely did so to suggest that she follow him. "Come on, Kitty, let's go for a walk." He felt eager to explore the vicinities of the temple, as well get some alone-time with his friend. They hadn't seen eachother for some time, several months, at least. It surprised him to notice she'd not changed that much, neither in stature or weight. He did not dwell on it, though, as there were more stranger things in the galaxy than to wonder about Kitty's growth. She was already very different from anyone else he'd met, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Away they wandered from the others, the boy keeping a hand on his not-so-furry friend, who in turn bounced along on all fours beside him. He'd stop from time-to-time just to give her a quick hug now-and-then, emphasising his most intimate and unhinged love for his friend.

@[member="Qae Shena"] @[member="Quinn Vos"] @[member="Jericho"] @[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Boolon Murr"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa watched it all silently, taking a mental step back and simply observing, heart swelling with pride at Seroth's words, surprised at Jax's extreme punishments, touched by the sweetness of young friendship and Thurion tugged little Daux away, pity for Asha as she moved away to deal with a more troubled student. She settled her eyes on Quinn, watching her carefully, trying to understand the girl a little better she reached out and looked with the force. There was pain in her heart.

"Even when family betrays you, you should not turn your back on them. Oh you will be angry with them, maybe even hate them for some time. But you should never turn your back on them, for two wrongs do not make a right. The make a bigger, much messier wrong that has cataclysmic effects on more than just the family."

She gave Jaxton a stern look "Keep your capital punishments, if family strays off the path of betterment then its our responsibility to find out why and bring them back, not treat them like a criminal." The tone in her voice added another length to that statement, it said, very clearly 'I'm disappointed in you'. "Treat them like a criminal and we place our selves at the same level as the Order."

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
"Death is not a punishment we would ever give our own," Qae said with enough finality to brook no argument. "Most of you know how I work. Even the black sheep, I do not kill - we wipe their minds and let them back into the Galaxy." The Vagrants amongst them would understand that punishment near and dear to his heart, because it worked for him. It worked well, in fact.

To Quinn. "If they turn their back on their family, then they have forgotten us and we leave it there. They are no longer one of us, but we will not forget the good they did for us. Such a thing should be rare. Very rare."

Which left them in an interesting and precarious position; how to handle criminals. The death penalty.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's be real. A lack of realism and grounding killed the Jedi Order, so we need a measure of it - it is in the Jedi Code that there is a time and place that killing a man is acceptable. I propose that time and place to you now. We have plenty of available punishments: detaining them, cutting someone off from the Force, wiping their memory. What if that's not enough? What if their detainment brings down an army? What if they aren't a Force-user? What if their memory is not the reason they are dangerous? In an extreme case, the death penalty is warranted. But I stress extreme. There are some people in this Galaxy in very sore need of death. Is it necessarily our lot to deal it? Probably not. Many such people find their death on the field of battle. But if the time came, and for the sake of the Galaxy someone had to die by our hands..."

He sighed. "So be it. I would do that. I would take a life - I have, and will continue to do so to protect that which needs protecting. But this is something we can't turn onto each other. Quinn's right. We are family. This is our home. I have people here I would already gladly give my life for." Eyes cast around. "My Apprentice, Quinn. She's the best student I could ask for. Seroth's like a brother to me. Rosa's practically my sister and we share the same Master. Jaxton is so close to my blood-brother that he's almost family, too. The rest of you? I will know you all in time. Killing family, no matter how close, leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Let's not."

Qae nodded to Seroth, as acknowledgement of his statements. "Neutrality is not indifference. No acts of cruelty or hatred. Don't leave family behind. No accepting bribes. Good rules. Simple, solid rules. Things that will help. We need these rules. We need a guideline. We need this Covenant, to better ourselves."

The tiny feline child purred openly and loudly to the tight embrace of her beloved Furry, nuzzling her cheek up against his. He continued to make odd noises at her, but all she knew was Kitty - the name she had initially mistaken to be his, and later learned was her own... That and Daux. A small mew left her when he tried to move, and the girl tried to leap up and pounce him back to the floor... But she could sense a sudden seriousness around him, while his loving and caring side still roamed free. With a glance in Jaxton's direction, honestly not realising there were so many others here, she emitted a small "Jaa" before turning to follow the soft urgings of her Furry. From the meditative gardens they wandered, and every so often, whenever Furry halted, she bit against his hand affectionately, nuzzled up against his legs while they were travelling, and all in all relished his presence. It had been a long time since they had seen one another, and their strong bond in the Force still remained...

[We will take this elsewhere for you guys <3]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @Qae Shena @Quinn Vos @Jericho @Teynara Jeralyr @Seroth Ur-Rahn @Spencer Jacobs @Boolon Murr @Rosa Mazhar @[member='Thurion Heavenshield']

Teynara wasn't even sure why this discussion was happening. We declare ourselves traitors to the Jedi Order by choosing to resign from it's ranks and seek a different path, and already we start wondering what happens if one of us chooses in turn to become a traitor to our new covenant. It didn't seem right, in truth, and smacked a little of the rigid structure they were trying to escape. Aren't we pragmatists, being here? Sever ties to the rigidity of the Order, and start working to make a real difference. Surely it would be better, in light of that, to worry about it if such a circumstance happened, rather than fretting over a potential future that might never materialise?

Her nature had always been one of a pacifist: she couldn't so much as swat a fly unless it got really irritating (and therefore would frankly deserve it), so this talk of harm and execution didn't sit well with her. It was a reality that she'd been required to accept among the Jedi: occasionally, life dictated death as the only option, and she'd done so with some difficulty. It didn't mean she was about to condone execution for those who turned their backs upon their loyalties. If the Jedi, misguided as they can be, thought that way, we'd all be slated for execution even now.

"There's no cause to speak of such things now," she said, her tone preemptorily, placing her hands upon her hips and staring at the others with what she suspected might be more of a glare than her usual calmer expression. "We're traitors to our own brothers and sisters now, and we have the gall to speak of the penalties we might offer if those who join us betray us in turn? Don't you think that just makes us all hypocritical?"

She shook her head, a wave of blonde hair cascading around her shoulders and brushing softly against the fabric of her tunic as she did so. Teynara typically wasn't the type to criticise, but this...maybe it was just rubbing her the wrong way. Instead of thinking optimistically about the future, we're already planning to cope with betrayal. That wasn't right, not at all.

"To exist together as a family, we need to treat each other as such," the blonde woman added. "Families fall out, and yes, betrayals happen. Doesn't stop us working together, or doing our best to reconcile our differences and focus on the things we can do together." That was the failing of the Jedi Order, right there: trying to include everyone in the family, and failing to reconcile those natural differences. Combined with the fact that they kept getting involved in everyone else's fights, propping up the Republic instead of focusing on the larger goals... Hardly a wonder that this had happened. "Let's focus on the positives, can we?"

Sure, there'd be negatives: the idea behind everyone having a voice was to offer a range of options and ensure that they all focused on making the right choices, but it would also mean disagreements and moments of conflict. Our job to act like adults and deal with them when they happen, though. She wasn't blind to that - it just didn't pay to concentrate on what might go wrong. What was that old expression? "Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction"? Seems reasonable to me.

"The important thing here: we go our own way now," Teynara observed, dropping her hands from her hips and clasping them gently in front of her. "We're not part of the war between the Sith and the Republic, and we do what we feel is best, rather than just waiting for orders to be passed down from the bureaucracy to serve the interests of the privileged minority," she continued, feeling a little more relaxed now that she'd said something. "A good Covenant guides us, but should not chain us. Let's be free to act and react now. That's the most vital thing for us now."

@Thurion Heavenshield @Jericho @Qae Shena @Spencer Jacobs @Jaxton Ravos @Seroth Ur-Rahn @Boolon Murr @Teynara Jeralyr @Rosa Mazhar

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton listened to Rosa, and before he could reply Qae took charge. The Nautolan had his back it seemed, and that gave him a bit of solace. As Qae continued on Jaxton enjoyed that Qae was a bit more diplomatic and expressive as to what Jaxton meant. The amphibian had more talent than he for words, and it made Jaxton again wonder on the Nautolan's past, where he picked up these skills. Perhaps he'd ask Jae later, look for stories on this temple and what Qae had been up too. Then again, part of him doubted Qae would share such things with his pro-balling brother.

Overall, no cruelty, no leaving family behind, no bribes. This covenant thing had a good start to it, and as Jaxton didn't think any of the men and women he invited were of the legal or persnickety sort he figured he wouldn't need to hammer it down into a large, overlaying document. Merely the 'gist', so to speak, of the rules would be fine with all of them. If they ever got significantly larger . . . well, he'd cross that bridge when he got to it. Between the minds he had gathered around him he was sure they could figure something out.

And then Teynara spoke. Why was it that all of the women at this meeting made him feel stupid when they talked? Perhaps because you are stupid Jaxton. He thought to himself as he listened to the young healer. He again found himself glad he had friends here, to keep him in check and to steer him the right way. Keeping each other accountable would be crucial, and he had the right people to do it.

"You're all right of course, and I apologize for seeming . . . aggressive I guess. Ther's just one particular case I can't get out of my head." He said, thinking of the actions of a Jedi Master in the last battle he'd been in. "I think we've got the beginning of a good 'covenant' with what Qae and Seroth have emphasized. No taking bribery, no acts of cruelty or hatred, never leaving family behind and so an so forth. For now I think we've got that taken care of, but we can always look at it later if we need to." He said, before his demeanor shifted a bit, and he looked a bit more cheerful.

"And I guess it's time we start talking about the future, where we're going. As Teynara said we're not bound to wait for any bureaucracies to approve us or orders to come from above the chain, we're free to do as we please. So the question then lies, what do we wish to do first? I've half a mind to go to the planets that have been battlesites, try to fix the damage there, but as I'm sure all of you know not all of such places are safe, so if we decide to go we'll have to be cautious, at the least."

@[member="Qae Shena"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] @[member="Jericho"] @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @[member="Quinn Vos"]

OOC: Sorry this took so long guys, my ability to write Jax has been kinda dead this past week.

"Perhaps it is just a certain truth, that in these times we will not be wanting in people requiring aid and a sense of charity," Said the lad, drawing up his haggard cloak and tucked the frayed hem of a cloth rain-hood across his brow. "Metalorn may be such a spot. The Republic brought down the weight of its war machine, and the Empire responded in equal kind. Sith space presents an awful challenge. Mayhap foolhardy, a risk we are unprepared to take and commit to. But it is such a spot where folk live uncertainly. ...We may be in a position to ease some of their hardships.

"But for now..." Seroth turned to the congregated company, smiling ruefully and collecting dew off his chin scruff with his backhand. Prior to stepping forward, he'd given Rosa's a hand a warm squeeze and a firm promise in the flinty tints of his careworn eyes. "We have a consensus. And we have a heart and will, and understanding between one and all. Which is more than I can say for that which we have sojourned from. Pardon me for now. I have come from a very long road. Some peace and quiet would be nice..."

Conscience gladdened for the simplicity of thoughtful discussion, each member voicing concerns, suggestions, and anecdotes in turn, Seroth bowed to present attendees and hauled a patched rucksack up over his shoulder. He hadn't been fielding a fib that he'd been trafficking over star lanes, sand, earth, and snow for a goodly while. It'd been... too many weeks to reasonably count when he had laid back and was afforded enough calmness to sleep as needed. His constitution felt stretched impossibly thin, waking hours spent keeping an eye to his fore and back. There was always a hand on the haft of his tomahawk. Caught up in Rosa's prior embrace, he swore that he felt a temptation to simply weaken, in the face of the torturous drive that told him to keep moving. Seroth didn't know if he'd ever feel comfortable once more keeping still in one spot.

And hesitant to speak for 'Master Mazhar', the lad managed a more discrete mode of catching her attentions, on the possibility she wished to accompany him for a spot of silence and relaxation. Passing by, their hands touched, flesh to leather, palming a sliver of paper he'd idly writ upon while Teynara had broached her worries. Ostensibly taking notes for later recollection, it was in fact a simple, one worded question he prayed Rosa would catch on. 'Storm?'

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar @Seroth Ur-Rahn @Teynara Jeralyr @Jericho @Thurion Heavenshield @Quinn Vos

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa closed her eyes for a moment as Seroth excused himself, pressing a sliver of paper into her palm. She drew in a deep breath and smiled at the remaining, eyes flicked momentarily to her hand reading the single word left for her and a rush of emotions rose up within her as she was reminded of the wild nights on Spira. Such thoughts were swiftly followed with the realisation the there was another, very perceptive empath in this room. Pink hues flashed across her cheek as she caught Qae's eye, then looking at him entirely.

She cleared her throat "We've all come a long way and could do with a more personal catch up instead of this formality." She shot Qae a warning look, urging him to hold his tongue against whatever smart remark might be brewing. "Quinn is was nice to meet you. Jax, Teynara, Qae I shall catch up with you all later." Offering them a small bow, she turned on her heel and padded softly after Seroth, catching him up quickly enough, her hand sliding neatly into his, flashing a smile meant only for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom