Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order from the Darkness

A flash of light exploded out of nothingness was the only sign the Termagant gave as it entered the Rothana system. The darkness of space engulfed the vessel as it exited hyperspace and now sat motionless in space just outside the worlds defensive ring. In the distance, the world loomed like a beacon, Its white icy surface reflecting light back into space. Around it the shattered remains of what once was a honeycomb of shipyards. Stretching out in both directions until they looped back around to the back side of the planet. Most were now scrap as centuries of neglect and attacks had left them inactive and constant battle wrecked them. The Imperium was there to make the world great once more. The outer ring of security beacons now cycled up their weapons and targeted the Termagant, its recognizable shape meant it could be nothing else but a star destroyer. Any world would be cautious of such a vessel appearing over their world. A single destroyer was enough to level their cities and destroy their world if let to its own devices. That was no the case today. The Imperium did not wish to destroy the world. Gerenthum had been infested with darkness and the cancer of the dark force cult there could not be taken down, at least not cheaply. The destruction of the world was the only way to bring it to order and see that the dark cult growing there would not spread its hate and power to other worlds. Here no such problem existed.

Joren Greth looked out at the frozen world and the ring of dilapidated and broken industry and frowned. How marvolious this world must have been, how glorious it must have been to look upon its industrial might. In his heart, a swelling of pride came as he thought of the Empire of old. The New Order it had been called. A galaxy spanning machine of order and peace. He would see this world great again. See it restored to its former glory and then use that power against his enemies.

"Is it not beautiful" Greath said as he looked down at the panel before him. He entered in a security code then transmitted it to the defense stations. It was on old override code but Joran had been assured it would work. The man who gave him the codes could not have been lying. Greth seen to that, he knew the man's information was sound. The keypad gave way under Jorans fingers and the code was sent out into the system. Immediately the automatic defense platforms powered down and the targeting beams once pointed at the Termagant disengaged.

Beside him Lady Sinistra stood looking out at the world as he had. He lifted his eyes up from the console once again and spoke. "This is what we have sought and what we have chored for so long for. It will make a wonderful bastion for our power."

The sphere of ice and land hung against the backdrop of stars as the star destroyer decanted from hyperspace. The system sat on the fringes of the galaxy, far removed from the warring giants pounding each other into oblivion in the Core. Perhaps at one time she would have laid down life and limb for the cause of the Sith but now, she could no longer accept that path for her own.

The word Sith had begun to sully in her mind, and she could look now at the things she used to think defined her to see that they were not the pillars she held dear any longer. Kuat still weighed heavily on her and now that she had fully left the family business, her future was uncertain and wide open.

A different prospect for sure.

No longer hiding who or what she was, she wore a long dress coat over a suit cut with very business lines to it though, the folds of the overcoat floated like the cloak of a force user. Being addressed as Sinistra without her mask on by someone who was not Darth Carach was an adjustment.

She turned to him, nodding.

"It will. There will be lot of work to build up Rothana again but I think the time we invest here will pay off for the direction we wish to take. This sector needs stability."

[member="Joran Greth"]

Joran nodded and entered a second set of codes into the board on the console before him. HE turned to admiral Blissex and spoke.

"Admiral you may take us in." he said to the man standing to his right. Blessix had been as loyal an officer as any Greth had seen. Hs was the image Greth imagined now when he thought of the Fleet. The image of what he expected of every one of his commanders. Sadly this image was not a realistic one. It was hard to find good officers, Hard to find loyal men to the IImperium'sfleets. He returned his gaze to the world in the distance and the shattered remains of the orbital shipyards. Soon he would breathe life back into them and once again they would give birth to Imperial might.

He turned to Kira and smiled. "Yes Stability and order are needed. The Imperium will bring this sector to heel and impart order upon it. First we have a belligerent governor to deal with. I will get you there and you can us your" Greth paused a moment then finished. "unique diplomacy" he finished grinning at the idea of what the woman was capable of.

[member="Kira Corsai"]
[member="Desente Blissex"]

"Unique diplomacy. You make me sound simply untoward, Joran." There was a low chuckle as she moved from the windscreen to look over the radar display.

There was a familiarity between that she felt comfortable enough to chide him with his first name. Indeed, since their last day on Gerrenthum, they had been rather open with each other about many things. While she could be ruthless, and calculating, she was also pragmatic and rather even tempered most of the time. Joran had yet to see her truly angry nor did she seem to lash out like so many stereotypical Sith lords.

"Besides, you're the one who glassed a city. I tend to be more subtle."

She pulled a face at him, a joking smirk at his parting shots for the world that birthed their alliance.

The ship headed for orbit and she stayed clear of deck officers who scrambled to complete their duties smoothly for the Executor, her arms crossed over her chest as she leaned against a bulkhead.

"What are we using for a temporary base while we negotiate the surrender of the governor? And are you leaving his fate to me?"

She was a little curious about how he thought on the subject.

[member="Joran Greth"] [member="Desente Blissex"]

"Yes yes I was" said Greth smiling at the mention of Gerrenhum,. He had indeed left his mark on the landscape of the world. "Given more time to prepare and I would have glassed my name in the surface so that anythin left of that cult of want to be force users would never forget it. But we had to move our time scale up, that was very inconvenient. Yes I blame the supreme Commanders disappearance, that was not planned for. Yet my plan did come to fruition, even with the unexpected acceleration of it. They survivors can rebuild and I even gave them a new export, if they can find someone to buy glass." Said Greth as he watched the world grow larger.

"As for where we will set up, I believe the governors high rise complex will do. No need in us hiding out in icy caves when a perfectly good governmental center is already in place. We just have to do some pest control first and rid ourselves of any vermin." Greth said with a snicker. "Colonel Tagge has orders to expedite the governor and any other vermin infesting the building. If you would like to..." Greth paused for a moment to chose his next words. "Negotiate a peaceful transition of government with the good Governor, by all means, he is yours. Otherwise, we will just terminate his office and its power and inform the populace of the transitional period our replacing him will incur. I am assured by my advisors the population will not miss the man or dispute him being retired from politics." Greth paused for a moment and turned to look at Kira. "I will leave it in you hands either way"

[member="Kira Corsai"]

"Oh you know I'm not looking for a peaceful transition but before I strap him to a chair and plum his brain for information, I would like to know that he's not needed for something else."

Governmental records could never be reviewed fast enough to discover the secrets they would rather keep hidden. No matter how fast her people were, there were liable to be assets that would go to ground and wait for the opportunity to strike or to exact contingency plans. The best way to get around them was to know were they were and how to cut them off.

Reading classified files wasn't going to supply that information. That would need to be taken from the deposed and she had a knack for it.

"I don't do icy caves. If you've got a night high rise picked out, I'm all for it. I'll carry out my diplomacy at an undisclosed location though. No need to have uninvited guests spoiling the fun."

[member="Joran Greth"]

"I am sure we can accommodate you" said Greth grinning. "I will have him expedited into you care then once we have arrived planetsaide. The city has a few unimpressive buildings you can use at your whim. Just have my men get you anything you need once you have decided on a domicile ." Greth said as he typed in a set of commands assigning a group of assistants out of his personal retinue for Kira, They would see to her and help her get set up on the world.

" I will find a suitable location on one of the orbital platforms for my department's offices. Once we have our respectable operations centers set up we should meet to discuss the future. There are unlimited opportunities here that I can see. Which ones we chose will determine how we move forward." Said Greth as he turned to face Kira. he smiled and motioned for her to follow him.

"Now if you will join me we can ride down witht he first security forces to the surface."

[member="Kira Corsai"]

Once on the surface Greth and Kira parted each having their own tasks and agendas to see to. Greth walked across the courtyard and into the governmental center, now the central headquarters for the Imperium. There was still signs of the battle which had seen the original government toppled and the Governor and his group expelled and run into hiding. Cleaning crews worked diligently to get the lobby f the building back int pristine condition but Greth imagined the tech would be all night cleaning the blood off the floors and walls. He stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the top level of the building. The doors opened to the penthouse level and the offices of the Moff his people had set up before his departure from the mid rim. the lift opened into a large lobby where three aids sat carrying out the day to day business Greth needed done. Across from the lift a set of doors opened into a very large room lined with bright white backlit wall panels. In the center sat the only piece of furniture in the room. A table and chair sat in solitude very much out of place int he massive room. Greth walked over to the wall of windows which looked out over the city and the large starports in the distance. Beyond that, an icy chain of mountains filled the horizon out past the ports and edge of the city. Greth knew a bunker was being constructed there but few else did. The project was secret and any besides him and High Admiral Blissex who knew were currently at the facility working. Greth looked out at the traffic moving in and out of the port and the busy streets of the city below and clasp his hands behind his back.

"This will do" he said watching the world he now possessed reborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom