Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oracle Amongst the Squirrels

Dagos Nasscar

D
Nelvaan
Rokrul
Rokrul was but a small village on the planet of Nelvaan, but it was important. It also served as the home for the Theo. Being most likely the only sentient squirrel on this planet was rather difficult, especially when co-members of the species thought you are a god or something. But he was just an intelligent person, not a god, and that made him worry a bit. Maybe they lost faith in him one day and decide he's better off his own. Of course, by that time he should've already lived on his own. But he was depending on others, meaning he wouldn't even manage to live for a single day if he was alone.

So he had a dilemma: go his own way and be free without the pressure of other squirrels, but at the same time have to be independent. Or stay, live a comfortable life, yet feel the pressure of others forever.

He was too young for such decisions. A typical squirrel turned adult when they were about a year old. He, however, was really young and definitely not a mature squirrel yet. His way of thinking was, even though being a sentient, still quite primitive, even though he spoke in two tongues and was able to use the Force. He needed caring and love, and that's what also set him aside from other squirrels.

There were too many differences between him and the others.

Of course he was the only Force-sensitive squirrel in his home location, too, and it gave him these strange powers which sometimes even helped him at his Oracle work. Yes, definitely.

Now sitting on the top of a house in this village, he thought a bit. His fluffy tail hanged next to him, just like he was a bit worried or sad. He had never managed to let his tail rest like that. People passed by and didn't see him, but he saw everybody. And sensed everybody. None of them was like him, none of them was sensitive to this strange powers he was able to use.

Sometimes it was strange being... different.

[member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

Why had he come to this poodoo-hole? What purpose did it serve to trample around in the mud and get attacked by every fething mosquito while doing so? The answer was unclear for now. The lone shadow of a man would wander solemnly along the ridge of a lake, only he was not a man - not anymore. His spirit had left him when word of his Queen's disappearance reached him many months ago. Now, all that remained was a husk; a lifeless form lost within his own thoughts with no-one to guide him or to seek his help. He was a Sith Knight; a warrior of great skill with endless amounts of loyalty to the one that mattered. He'd proven his loyalty by not even letting death itself take him away from the one he loved. But that was in the past, and the past did best to remain forgotten in this case. After hearing about his master, he went into exile. He stumbled onto this planet, where no-one knew his name or what he looked like. The perfect place to be forgotten. The only problem was that he could not forget.

The indigenous Nelvaanians paid him no mind and allowed his wandering aimlessly across the planet's surface. These last months had been the worst so far; his mind began to collapse on him, and the constant danger of being ambushed by the local fauna took its toll on his body and sapped his strength. He'd probably killed more predators than anyone in the history of Nelvaan, adding a fang for every kill to the necklace he now wore. He bore them no hatred; they were doing what their nature commanded them to do when they attacked the intruder, much like he had in the service of Darth Kyros. He'd always considered himself a beast more than a man, anyway. Having served his beloved taught him he would never become the perfect being that she was, so why even try?

He was tired, and he had to rest. The man known as the Ashborn took a seat by the lakeside, welcoming any chance at death by the hands of a predator or that he would be given some sort of purpose again. Not bothering to eat or drink, the large man simply lay down in the grass and shut his eyes. He would welcome whatever fate had in store for him. Come what may.

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D
The little Theo, sitting on top of the house, was feeling rather strange that next moment. It was like an irritation everywhere around him, for a moment like a furious tickle, then like a calm pat. Was he going crazy? Or was he ill? He was he oracle, he should have known that. But he didn't and that was the problem. Being called an oracle didn't matter when he wasn't actually what he was told to be. He was a simple squirrel, not a supreme prophet. Nobody on the planet could tell him what he was feeling. Except one.

Once in a while, this little squirrel saw random visions popping up during the most random times. Only this time, it was not random. For a moment, he saw a picture of a lake in front of him, but truly only for a moment. With this time, it was nearly impossible to give the full overview of the place, but he knew this place. The vision showed everything he already know, besides one little thing, which was a dark figure. Theo couldn't understand what it was, but it was something, maybe another person.

Maybe that's what the irritation meant.

Quickly rising to his feet, the squirrel felt the need to go. Carelessly jumping down the buildings, he had but one target in mind: the lake. There was something special about it, something he had to inspect. Being only an Acolyte made it sure that he couldn't sense what it is, so there was no use in meditating to get some more information about. It was time to act, it was time to do something.

Quickly running down the cliff the village resided on, his legs were making the fastest movements they had ever made before, just because of this "stupid" reason. If a third person would have been nearby and knowing what was going on, he would have definitely told Theo to stop and forget it. But there was nobody like that, so there was nothing to stop him.

It was a long way to the lake, but for the sake of knowledge, he had to take on the travel.

An hour later the titanic man woke up, having drifted off into nightmarish sleep for the duration. A coughing fit woke him up, as if being strangled, only to find his own hand gripping at his throat. Did he truly desire to leave this world so much that he was willing to take his own life? Like this? It was not what his master and queen would have wanted. Then again, she was always very vague with what she wanted. She'd tell him she appreciated him being around her, that it made her feel safe. Then why would she leave him the way she did? His first instinct upon finding out was that one of her enemies had captured her, stolen her away from him. But that was not likely; she controlled the shadows and wielded powers beyond his feeble understanding.

No. She must've left on her own accord, with a goal in mind. Something he was not to play a part in, despite their close relationship. Perhaps that is what twisted the knife the most; knowing that she did not want him. For Thyrian, borne of ashes, there could be only one to steal his black heart, and that person was now gone. Perhaps forever. That is why he is strangling himself in his sleep; to end his unfeeling half-life. There was nothing left for him in this world, no personal goals or plans for a future. That all belonged with her. When she abandoned him, she took away his hopes and what few virtues he still retained after all these years. What remained of him was now just a broken mess of a drunken lout.

Turning to the lake encapsuled by forests on each side, the dark waters started to look real tempting. He never did learn how to swim back when he was a kid on Pelagon. There would be no pain; a nice, clean death...

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D
Theo had been running for many minutes now, and started feeling like he's going to die. But the more he thought about stopping, the more did his heart start hurting. There had to be something going on near the lake, something really important. Otherwise he would have felt the burning feeling of guilt for the rest of his life for not getting to the lake. There was only so little more space between him and the lake, but he couldn't have reached it. After all, squirrels had their own phyiscal limitations. Running so much at once would have not only made his muscles hurt, but he would have most likely just ran to death. Seriously.

But he had to. If he used Force Jump, however, he thought he would get to the lake really soon. Yes, that's exactly what he should do. The little Nelvaan squirrel stopped, and then jumped as high as possible with the help of the Force, and landed on the first tree of the forest. He knew there was a bit less than a kilometre between him and the lake, but with the help of the Force, it could feel like mere metres.

Then he jumped again, and tried to grasp a branch with his hands, but he missed it. And then started falling down.

"CHIRP!"

He screamed, not even controlling his voice. It was not Force Scream, definitely not, but it was something similar, and it was really easy to hear that in the forest as it was probably the only remarkable voice there. He was so close to the ground, he was nearly there. But then he landed on a branch, on his stomach. It was a painful landing, and he lost his breath for a moment. But only for a moment.

Lying there for a moment, he tried to rest a bit, but he knew it would be too easy to get speed up again if he stopped. He had to go on.

The Ashborn stepped towards the edge of the lake, balancing on the edge of a knife whether to drown away all his misery right there and then, to never be given a chance to see his Queen again, or to remain to wallow in his sorrows for a while longer. He took a swig of... whatever the kark was in his small travelling jug before deciding. Its contents created a burning sensation as it crawled down his throat, but few were so accustomed to fire than he who was born from it, even though he no longer retained his forged form of ashes and brimstone. Another gift from his master, one that he could never repay.

But then he was stopped from his attempted suicide by a loud crack of branches coming from behind him, his eyes closing and his nose wrinkling in annoyance of the sound. Could he not be given this moment in peace and let it be done with? With a snarl he turned away from the balancing act and paced towards the edge of the forest, assuming a challenging stance for whatever would crawl out of it. Was it a large jungle cat looking for a snack? Or a bounty hunter coming for his head, perhaps? He would eventually be proven wrong on both accounts, for it was in fact...

...a tiny squirrel.

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D
The squirrel was close enough to the lake. Only a few more steps. Jumping out of the bushes, he said, "I'm finally here..." And that was in Galactic Basic Standard, even though it sounded a bit unusual as the owner of the voice was a squirrel. Sadly, just after saying that, he fell down and just looked at the mean near the lake. His breathing was quick, even though he didn't realise the man was about to commit suicide, he was extremely tired from running and jumping and all that hat happened.

And then everything went black for a moment, and after it, he saw the same man in the lake, obviously not swimming, even though he's drowning. Is he going to kill himself? Trying to get out of the vision, he shook his head and shouted,

"Don't do that!"

His voice sounded like he was truly worried of the man's fate, even though none of them knew each other.

Eyes went wide as the behemoth was treated to the strangest sight he'd seen thus far; a talking rodent - a squirrel. Mouth slightly agape for a moment, he soon managed to compose himself as he regarded the tiny creature. "Don't do what?" he asked in a deep, grumpy and somewhat monotone voice. He made a passing glance at the lake behind him, and soon arrived at the conclusion that there was more to this little rodent than it seemed. Even so, he felt his temper boiling at the fact that he could not be allowed to end himself in peace and without witnesses, and so he sat down in the grass and again gazed out into the vast lake before him.

"Why? Why not let me?" he asked the talking squirrel, not even bothering to question what or who he was. "Have I not suffered enough?"

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D
"I'm sorry..." the squirrel spoke then. He was not an important being, others were allowed to do whatever they wanted to, live their lives like they wanted to. The Nelvaan squirrel, however, was too empathic, and didn't want others to do something which had serious drawbacks or which caused too much suffering.

Theo didn't know what the man had been through, he didn't know how much he had suffered. The only thing he knew was that he wanted to die and get out of this cruel world, and these were only assumptions, not facts which had been told to Theo.

He stood up, struggling to do that, but he still did. The squirrel was indeed only a little being when compared to this human (or at least near-human). But his voice was full of confidence and it was not like a request, or a prayer, but more like a statement driven by anger and desire to keep the man alive.

"But I don't want you to die."

"But I don't want you to die."

Those words had been spoken before, by someone he loved. He did not understand the words then; he was hers to sacrifice as she saw fit, yet she was afraid for him. Despite everything, he did die. Twice, now. The first was in his youth when the fire consumed his body and mind. The second was at the battle of Togoria, where forces of the former Sith Empire engaged Republic forces and he put himself between his Queen and a bullet. At least that time he was given an honourable death at the hands of a Jedi in a duel, and the Ashborn was able to pass away in a peace of mind. Yet he was brought back by the power of the Dark Lord leading the group called the 'One Sith', after his master had bargained for his return to the realm of mortals, this time in human form. It seemed he was truly incapable of dying. It was his price to pay for love.

His guard lowered at the sight of the squirrel, Thyrian still wouldn't look his way. The sparkling waters ahead had him mesmerized; they resembled his Snowflake's eyes, and it forced the faintest of smiles upon his lips. "I can't die, little one. I've tried to, but for some fething reason something or someone keeps getting in my way", he snarled the squirrel's way. "Doesn't matter. Seems like nothing matters anymore."

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D

"But why do you even try to kill yourself if you always come back to life?" Theo the squirrel continued. He was full of curiosity, he wanted to know why the man truly wanted to kill himself, why he had spoken of such things to him, and much more. He was truly a nosy creature, but this drive towards knowledge made him a person of interest, at least in the community of Nelvaan Squirrels who all seemed to pray towards him.

The squirrel set his little tiny steps towards the water and even though he couldn't swim, he knew he wouldn't drown. It was a possibility, but he was too confident in his actions that it seemed to him that such a possibility is non-existent.

He stopped only a few steps before the water of this lake, his little paws just hanging next to his sides, and the rest of his body shivering. No, he wasn't feeling cold. He was just a bit scared.

"It was not by choice that I was returned from the dead. Especially not the first time around..." He muttered something about 'sithspits' or the likes of it. Now looking down at the tiny creature standing at the edge of the lake, Thyrian felt a curiosity himself about the talking squirrel. His small frame was shivering as he gazed out onto the large body of water. "You too, huh? I also fear the sea. One of the few things I fear in this galaxy." The Ashborn then picked up a pebble from the ground and casually tossed it into the water. "When I was little growing up on Pelagon, everyone else would always prove what good swimmers they were. You had to be, the planet being made up of water, mostly. When I first tried my hand at swimming, I almost drowned. Didn't feel like doing it a second time." So the rodent had managed to make him talk. Cute.

"What about you? How come a common animal knows the basic tongue, let alone how to speak it? Who are you?"

[member="Theo"]

Dagos Nasscar

D

Theo was a bit too young to understand what it felt like if somebody emotionally touched you, either with their speech, or with their anything else. But the feeling he started having was truly something he had never felt before. The powerful feeling, even though his heart raced and body shivered, was full of understanding and the feeling that something powerful has happened.

He didn't know what it was. He had never experienced it before.

But the question the man answered interrupted the squirrel's thoughts and made him speak again with his chirping voice, "I was born with a mutation. I didn't know why I was so different until recently when I heard two women talking behind my back about some... 'sentience'. Then I understood I have the ability to think, and that unlike other squirrels, I don't have to rely on my instincts. This language you talk in is learned from the humans living not too far away."

"I am Theo."

"[member="Theo"], huh?" His fiery eyes gazed down onto the furry one, for the first time intrigued at something. "You can call me 'Ashborn', for that is what I am." It was the name that most knew him by, after all, and that described him most accurately, even if he had become human. Sometimes he missed being able to burst into flames on a moment's notice. It had some perks to it, despite the loss of sanity that came with it. No. He would never let the monster return. That thing inside him had made him hurt his beloved more than once, and he could do nothing but watch each time. It was what made him loathe himself the most; hurting the one good thing in his existence.

"What do you want with me, furball? Came to watch me wallow in my sorrows? Looking for a treat, perhaps?" he grunted miserably.

Dagos Nasscar

D
"Ashborn..." the squirrel whispered.

Did it mean the man was like... a phoenix? Theo had heard there are legends of fiery birds who, once dead, were able to rise from the ashes. Maybe that's what had happened to the man? Maybe Ashborn was a phoenix? That would have been cool. Sadly, he wasn't one and one would say Theo's imagination was just running a bit wild. Heh, but he was only a little squirrel, why would have he had to act like an adult one? Even though he was a sentient being, his childish behaviour was caused by his age. Well, truth to be told, most children didn't see visions.

"I saw a picture of you in my mind. I had to come here."

Without really thinking about it the Ashborn reached out and started poking the tiny creature; not harsh pokes as if he was checking whether it would suffice as a meal or anything, but rather gentle nudges, daresay playful ones. "You saw me?" He was going to ask how, but then realised that he didn't care. What's done's done. It appeared that this little squirrel had saved his life, or rather saved him from himself. "Then this is not the day I die", he muttered.

Still not showing much emotion other than self-loathing and brooding, Thyrian did however manage the slightest hint of a smile buried in his rough and rugged exterior. The smile vanished faster than it had appeared, however, although the surprisingly genuine curiosity he felt for this talking furball lingered. "Well then, [member="Theo"]. It appears that I owe you my life", he said in his deep, monotone voice. "Did those pictures in your head tell you what comes next?"

Dagos Nasscar

D

The poking didn't hurt Theo, it was quite held back like she was able to tell. "Yes!" he said as an answer to the man's question, but only then did he realise it was not a question the Ashborn had wanted to be answered. He was indeed young and quite a beginner at talking Basic. Why would he have had to know it was not a question which was meant to be anwered?

Then he smiled at the man, even though as he was a squirrel, it seemed quite creepy. The squirrel was so happy that he had managed to save the man from death. But now he was curious of what he's going to do next? Get off the planet? Leave forever just to kill himself in a different place? He had to know what's going on.

"Sadly, no. I rarely see many pictures in my head. If I do, they're so short," he answered with his chirping voice. His voice was definitely a lot more emotional than Ashborn's, but that didn't make the little Theo hesitate at all. "Maybe you can choose now what to do next?"

Once again the Ashborn lost himself in the lake stretching out before him and the furb-- [member="Theo"] next to him. This time, however, his mind was not in shambles; like it or not, this innocent squirrel had re-ignited his will to survive and hold out just a bit longer for the return of his master. If only for a little while longer. It would make all the difference, unbeknownst to him. Seemingly working on automatic, he began to collect the ragged and dirty, black robes he'd throw in the grass to the left of where he was seated. To his right there lay his lightsaber - his one constant companion so far. Rising to his feet, the six foot eight Sith Knight felt as if he was once again rising from the ashes of another failure, and he had a talking squirrel to thank for it. He wrapped the robes over his shoulders before igniting his crimson blade merely to see if he'd remember how to. It seemed ages ago he last fought something.

With a few quick practise swings, the blade disappeared back into its hilt as he clipped it onto his person before turning his fiery gaze down onto the microscopic Theo straining his tiny neck to look up at him. Calm, deep breaths resonated within him as the Ashborn spoke. "Then let's go, little one." His eyes were engulfed in flames for a brief second to mark his strength returned to him. "There is much to do and see." He bent a knee and reached out his open palm towards Theo. He didn't want to risk stepping on the furry one by accident, and his shoulder would not mind having a squirrel sitting upon it.

Dagos Nasscar

D

The Ashborn was truly quite huge, Theo had to really hurt his neck to look at his face when the man was completely on his feet. Goodness, he was really tall. To not hurt his neck too much, he took some steps back so that he wouldn't have to look as high as he had to before. Only eyeing the man, he did not too much else, not even making the squeaking sound he typically made.

"Then let's go, little one. There is much to do and see."

Theo hopped onto the man's hand and then asked, "Where will we go now? Away? Or to the village?" While running to the man's shoulder, he tried to constantly look into his eyes as a sign of trust, maybe? Or maybe just because he wanted to.

The Ashborn merely made a passing glance at his furry friend as he nestled onto his shoulder, instead opting to look ahead of him as he started walking. He still remembered where he had hidden his ship on this planet, and reaching it would take a few days by foot. It was time he had to spare. "If you need to say your goodbyes to any family or friends on this planet of yours, I would do so now if I were you. We're leaving. For good." No chance in hell would he ever set foot on this world again. Too... green for his tastes. Had he been what he once was, this whole forest would be in danger of being turned into kindling. It was fortunate that he wasn't, else he wouldn't have met @Theo. It's the little things in life, isn't it? Sometimes they are plain little, is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom