Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OPR-1 Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
28i1e6h.jpg

Intent: To create a standard blaster rifle for the Omega Protectorate.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Fondor Terratech
Model: OPR-1 Blaster Rifle
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Duraplast/durasteel

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 1.1 metres
Weight: 5.9 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 300 shots
Range: 500 metres

The standard blaster rifle of all Omega forces, the OPR-1 is a lightweight duraplast-cast weapon that trades fire rate for accuracy at long range. The weapon can be used in either single-shot or 3-shot burst mode, but does not have a fully-automatic option, teaching Omega soldiers to make each shot count and avoid Stormtrooper Syndrome wherever possible. Unlike many modern military-issue blaster rifles it does not come with an underslung option, instead choosing to prefer its utility as a marksman's weapon of choice. It has a laser sight for those choosing to improve their aim using a red laser guide.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I have a question or two about this one. On the surface, it looks a lot like the firing options of a starfighter's laser cannons (single vs dual or quad shot). It looks a lot like you're just trying to make a semi-automatic weapon with 3-shot burst capability. Bambambam, pause, bambambam, pause. Again, not sure this one needed an actual proposal. What weaknesses does this weapon have, apart from the recharge time? Can you nail down a specific length for the recharge time?

Five second recharge time. And yeah, it's being reworked into a semi automatic weapon. Whether or not it needed a proposal isn't really known to me, but as they say it's better to err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom