Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Icebreaker (SO vs. SJO)

HÛSAVIK

As far as Flux Company was concerned, the war had started proper now. Everywhere Aeon could see there was fighting. To be in the midst of the heat of battle was why they had come here, but it was not supposed to be like this. Now they fought on their terms. This was not the engagement they had sought nor wanted, and the Valkyre knew it. They had arranged it. Ultimately he felt confident in the Crown Legion's victory here. This was but a village, Thainbroek was where the main fighting was taking place.

With the planet's capital caught up in fighting, no reinforcements would be coming to aid the natives at Hûsavik. But as sure as he was of their overall advantage here at this village, Dyson had a strong sense that victory was not their intent here. This was not the brilliant counter-attack to win the day. It was the brave last stand. They were seeking to deal as mighty of a blow as they could towards their enemies before their lights went out. A final sacrifice, to go down in the history as heroes who refused to lay down their arms and watch their world burn and be sold into slavery. Dyson might've admired them more, had he not been too occupied with seeing them fail.

Though victory was on the horizon for the Crown Legion, the future looked dim for Flux Company. They were taking far worse than they were giving. Even more infuriating, it felt as if there was nothing he could do about it. It was then a blur of red and black caught his attention at the corner of his eye. Before he even realised what it had been, he inexplicably felt as if he was swelling up inside with a will to fight. They weren't going to go down, not like this. They were Flux Company. 607th Battalion. If these people thought they would simply roll over and let them have this minor victory, they had something else coming. Of course, Private Dyson was completely unaware that it was the Force at play.

The symbolic crimson blade was now on the battlefield, wielding by none other than their Sith Lord commander. Undoubtedly he had observed what was happening on the front lines and he was taking matters into his own hands. Darth Pyrrhus was here! With a supernatural speed he outmanoeuvred his opponents, and cut the Valkyres down to a man. His presence on the battlefield had the men and women of the Crown Legion fight even harder, with renewed vigour. The Force filled them up with bravery and an unshakably belief in their invincibility. Their enemies? As a contrast to Dyson and his men, they would instead be filled with a growing sense of dread and hopelessness. Suddenly they did not feel so brave. Suddenly they did not feel so confident. The tide of the battle was turning.

It felt as if this had been the hardest Aeon Dyson had ever fought. His life had been hanging in the balance more than once. When it was over he thanked the Force he was still alive. His early assumptions proved to have been right; this was where the hardest fighting had taken place. They had pooled all of their resources on this brave last stand. With the fighting at the main gate put to an end, the rest of the village soon fell into the hands of the Lord of Ruin. They were not here to stay though. The village would be sacked and set ablaze by the Crown Legion, and then they would pull out. Darth Pyrrhus split off from the main forces, possibly heading for the capital on his own. As far as the Crown Legion was concerned, however, this was it, and they were being pulled out. Their target had been Hûsavik. Other detachments would have gone for other minor villages and settlements, and under the command of Darth Carnifex, the Blackblade Guard would bring ruin upon the territories surrounding Thainbroek. It would appear the capital city remained as the site of the final battle to decide the fate of Midvinter. Dyson wished his allies on the other side of the planet good luck, and moved in with the rest of his unit into their transports.

Objective: Take down Jedi
Allies: [member="Eldaah Aderyn"]
Enemies: [member="Lynn Nantaris"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]

--

Eldaah provided the distraction – or stronger attack – Connor needed to get his bearings and stand his ground.

It was going from bad to worse – this had not been an assault as he envisioned, and he was losing. No support, bar one he could count on, and facing a stronger foe. He stood his ground as Eldaah bore her Force Lightening, an attack he always felt was strong. But Lynn continued to show her ability.

With Lynn countered, he ducked, following her movement and rolled out the way as she landed to strike, bringing up his blade in a clear move to simply bat hers back.

Another signature of the Light was near, and his eyes darted left and right.

"Eldaah, I’m going to hinder you. I…I can’t do this…they’re stronger than me.”

He gripped his borrowed blade – and that was the issue. He had nothing of his own. No weapon of his own, no army of his own, no real allies bar Eldaah, no Master…he was out on his own.

"There’s another coming,” he hissed.

Objective: Keep Harrison alive
Allies: [member="Connor Harrison"]
Enemies: [member="Lynn Nantaris"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

She pivoted to avoid the saber to her back, rather disappointed that Connor had not acted when their opponent had been distracted. He was despondent that this whole affair was not going as he expected, but what had he expected? Well, there was only one way to avoid any furthering of this conflict if she had an ally doubting his ability to help her. From a concealed pouch, she pulled out one of her balls and held it in her hand.

"Stop, Jedi." she said. "This ball contains a specialized variant of the rakghoul virus and if any more pressure is applied to it, it breaks and unleashes the virus. Now while I may be protected, you and your Master certainly are not. So, here's the deal. You let us walk away from here and I don't have to alter the planetary ecosystem."

It was cheap, but then whoever said Sith were fair?

Allies: [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Enemies: [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Eldaah Aderyn"]

Lynn continued her pivot noticing she did not context with ether, but nowe face to face. Her eyes first turned to Connor. He use to be a great warrior, now he was a coward, "So, the dark side made you powerful? Seems it made a coward out of a warrior and brother."

She said her words without spite, but her words were blunt and direct. Her gaze then turned to the person in armor. Her gaze dropped even further as she spotted a ball. Her eyes widened a bit at the mention of a virus. Lynn giggled a bit at its mention. She held a virus that came from the Old Republic era that was curable then. Now most people were given vaccines as children to prevent that virus. It would seem illogical to believe people would not be immune to an old virus.

She did, however, power down her lightsabers and replace them to her wrists. Her hands went behind her back in a sort of surrender, "Are all Sith so cowardly and foolish? Why would a virus so old have any effect on anyone? Unless Sith don't believe in vaccines or something. If you want to leave, then leave. You are the invader, not I. If you try anything deceitful I will bring both of you to your graves."

Objective: Take down Jedi
Allies: [member="Eldaah Aderyn"]
Enemies: [member="Lynn Nantaris"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]

--

Connors fingers gripped his hilt tight on the now de-activated lightsaber. Her words cut deep. They were true. He was weak, and a coward.

He closed his eyes and turned to Eldaah.

"I'm sorry. Tell her I'm sorry.”

With a final look to Lynn, he offered a small smile.

"I'm sorry too, Jedi. This isn't how I wanted it to be.”

Swallowing, he pulled his cloak and glanced up to the wall he had failed to navigate up, and the opponent he failed to defeat. He should never have come here with the Sith - they were not the ones to guide him.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Objective: Keep innocents alive
Ally: [member="Lynn Nantaris"]
Not an ally: [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Eldaah Aderyn"]

Sorel heard the threat from the woman. And there were of course defences.

Plan A was to rely on the fact that Lynn was up to date with her immunisations. Given a Jedi’s travels, these were delivered as a matter of course.

Plan B was similarly straightforward. Sorel’s bracelet was designed to filter any poisons, toxins or viruses from her bloodstream. Not that this approach helped Lynn if Plan A was not viable.

So plan C was even simpler. To throw up a Force Barrier. The bubble would keep anything outside from entering their airspace and they could swiftly exit the scene or rely on the winds to dissipate the virus. But then there was the risk of loss of life elsewhere, and for a Jedi, that was not an option. For she could not be entirely sure every local was immunised against such an old virus.

And finally she intervened, in a fashion. “Leave here.” She echoed Lynn’s words and ensured her voice carried no challenge nor the potential to inflame the Sith’s temper. “You have outstayed your welcome and I give you my word that I shall not hinder your escape.”

She shot a glance at Lynn – hopefully her Padawan was going to go along with the approach. But there were few guarantees in life – other than taxes and death.

Objective: Keep Harrison alive
Allies: [member="Connor Harrison"]
Enemies: [member="Lynn Nantaris"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

"You clearly need to brush up on your science lessons," Eldaah chuckled. She wasn't using the old virus at all, she had even said it was a specialized variant. As soon as someone tinkered with a virus, made it new, then suddenly the old vaccines wouldn't work. Happened all the time with illnesses, hence why one needed to get a new vaccine for flu viruses every year. She also didn't care about being called cowardly or foolish. She had been taught to be pragmatic. "Or perhaps you should read up on what what happened at Galidraan to your Rangers or the population of Lialic when I unleashed this virus?" She turned her attention to the Padawan's likely master.

"Then we shall be taking our leave, Jedi."

She would slowly start moving back towards the ship she and Connor had arrived on, all the time keeping an eye on the Jedi and the ball containing her specialized virus in her hand.

Allies: [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Eniemes: [member="Eldaah Aderyn"], [member="Connor Harrison"]

Lynn's face was neutral as the Sith still tried to play the role of conquer and list her accomplishments. Lynn would have loved to stop those, but as a Jedi she would not swell on the past tragedies which was unchangable.

She stood there, but she was not doing nothing. Both her hands were at work. One had drawn her Lightdiscs and the other was concentrating the Force. She was letting our her senses. Should the Sith decide to spit on Lynn's mercy and throw the virus she would catch it or if she would simply break it and release it then Lynn would have to act quickly and contain the virus.

Even in Hell Calder never felt as helpless as he did now. The Netherworld, where even the spirits fell silent, had been a place that had tested him and his people, where he had to learn how to fight and had to learn how to kill. The sword pressed against his neck screamed of pain and misery, just as the forests burning did. All he saw was death, and as he was thrown through the air again. He slammed into the wreckage as another sensation of pain tore through his torso. A rod had pierced his thick hide.

The Beorni could only groan as he pulled himself off the metal. Once white snow ran red with blood. It was hopeless. This struggle against the Sith, against Death itself. Frustration built within him as he tried to stand again, his massive paw still holding the Icehammer. Frustration turned to anger as his blurry gaze turned to the forest once again, seeing the fire, hearing the pain. Anger turned to hate, and it no longer mattered to Calder if he could stop the destruction. No, his only goal now was to kill [member="Darth Carnifex"] before he could harm anyone else.

He stood, waiting, seething. Calder knew the Godking would come. He knew how weak he looked bleeding out on the snow.

Let.

Him.

Come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom