Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OPEN] Morally Questionable/Good Citizens Do Their Part - Lok Senator Hunting

Meraal turned his helmeted head to the droid,"Ya' know, there's an awful lot of us here to still be calling everyone organic, right? Might cause a little confusion in team building exercises." He said, trying his best to sound snide. Alcohol and combat, two things guaranteed to make the Mandalorian brash, and Meraal reckoned he would soon have his fair share of both.

Meraal readied his archaic blaster and began following the pilot. As he approached the door, he had a revelation in his drunken stupor: by leaving the bar to kill Leman he would still be missing the annual Taris-Classic podrace. Oh well, guess I can just watch it tomorrow, he thought. And besides, the nefarious activities that the hunting party was about to engage in were far more participatory.

Meraal looked to the pilot now leading the merry band, "Look, I'm all for hijacking starships. Hell, I'd even be willing to attempt hijacking a blockade-running corvette if that's what you have in mind, but if you're planning to board a star destroyer I'm out. My brother disappeared trying to retake a captured Venator, and I do not plan to kill off clan Vaun by trying to capture an oversized triangle." Meraal said, deadpan. He never found out what happened to his brother aboard that Star Destroyer over Mustafar, but he assumed that he was dead at this point.

[member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Drai Kor"] [member="Edward Blake"]

The droid began following its compatriots. The concept of "appropriating" a star destroyer sounded like a brilliant use of Mack's time.
"Statement: Indeed, many multi-cr3w starships could suit our purposes. But wh3re is the fun in occupying an old dusty freight3r, unless said freighter can be repurp0sed into a combat vess3l?" The droid said, having been programmed for combat and not fun.

"Calculation: I pr3dict that our party would have a .0035% ch4nce of successfully commandeering a star destroyer." Those were not the greatest odds.. However, Mack highly doubted that there would be a fully operational star destroyer on the planet of Lok.

"Commentary: A unit of 0ur size would be far b3tter suited for taking over a vessel under 200 meters, as they typically only have crew sizes ranging in the double or triple digits." The droid stated absent-minded. The final decision would of course be up to their new pilot, who the party still did not know the name of. Come to think of it, the droid did not have the Mandalorian's name stored in its databases either.

"Query: Do you have a sp3cific class of vessel in mind, unidentified org4nic? Or 4re we actually going 'window-shopping' ?"

[member="Drai Kor"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Edward Blake"]

"I do," Jim said confidently while walking to the hanger.

"While I was drinking my R2 unit spotted the perfect G9 Rigger-class Light Freighter, simple Corellian design it's what makes her beautiful" Jim said while grinning.

"That being said it seems to be owned by a Hutt, Now if I get the droid to shut down the security system in the hanger for about a minute, the four of you have to eliminate fifteen guards or else not only will the government be on our tails after this, so will the slugs." Jim says, knowing that's not what anybody wants.

"I would help you guys take them out, but it's going to take me a few to get that ship set up."

Once they had arrived at the hanger, Jim handed each member of the party a comlink, pre-synced.

"Now when I say go, you guys have to run in there and take them out."

On his own comlink Jim can hear the droid whistling.

"Fortunately for us, 3Z, my droid by the way, just said they're all hanging around the ship but one of them is inside the ship. I'll take him out, you guys handle the rest."

Jim takes out his blaster. Jim went to a closer entrance as the party stayed by the main entrance so they could distract the security while Jim snuck onto the ship.

"Ready 3Z?"

The droid whistles back in agreement.

"Now!" Jim yelled into the com letting everyone know it was the time to strike.

[member="Macrosoft Mack"]
[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Meraal Vaun"]
[member="Edward Blake"]

This was it, he was about to kill people again. Following in my father's footsteps wasn't enough, I had to go out and be the one pulling the trigger, Meraal thought. As he took one of the commlinks that the group's pilot was handing out, Meraal took off his helmet for a second and searched around his armor's utility belt. There it was, as always, on the left side of his utility belt was a full flask, given to him by his brother during a celebration. That event was a grand feast, hosted by his father to celebrate his first kill dedicated to clan Vaun. Shortly after Meraal left his family to join the Jedi order.

But it was not the last time he had murdered someone, and he was about to do so again. At least the Senator they were about to kill had it coming according to half of the planet's populace. Of course, the other half of the planet loved the man. If only killing was black and white. Meraal took a hardy swig from his flask. He knew he was already drunk, but he was thinking about what he was about to do too clearly. After re-holstering his flask, Meraal dawned his helmet and drew his DC-17m.

Meraal positioned himself to breach the hangar's interior by bracing on the left side of the main door and planting thermal tape on the door's frame. It was times like these that he wished he carried flashbangs on hand. Throwing a thermal det to clear the room was also likely to severely damage the ship they were trying to steal. "You had to pick a hangar with fifteen people guarding it, didn't you?" Meraal said over the team's commlink, trying to both keep his wit and stay cool-headed.

The pilot transmitted his signal to the team, and Meraal blew the thermal tape. The explosion launched the door forward into the hangar where fifteen people were about to be stormed by a diverse band of killers.

[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Edward Blake"]

Dria Kor takes the comlink from Jim and then runs next to the Mandilorian.

The thermal tape goes of and He can feel it in his gut like he just go punched.

He quick goes in to the hanger and ducks into cover not waiting any time. he waits for an opening but they are to far away to do anything to.

He waits to see what his team does as the chaos rages around the metal crates he is ducked behind.

Macrosoft Mack
Jim Pehico
Edward Blake
Meraal Vaun

"Declaration: Th!s is where the fun begins!" The droid pulled a flash grenade from its belt and lobbed it into the now-open hangar bay. After three seconds, the droid's audio receptors detected a loud "pop-bang". Hopefully the Jedi was looking away from that.

Drawing its dual DL-44 blaster pistols, the droid rounded the broken door's corner and moved into the hangar bay. Upon entering the room, the droid performed a sensor sweep.
"Analysis: I detect 14 lifeforms in our immediate v1cinity." The droid said over the team's commlink channel. The droid performed a second scan of the room and detected a large crate three meters away, positioned across from where the Jedi had taken cover. The droid looked out from its own cover and saw four dazed organics standing in a circle about five meters from its current position. It was apparently amateur hour on Lok. Any trained mercenary would have already scrambled for cover

"Statement: Beginning ext3rmination with extreme prejudice." The droid said, as it leveled its blaster pistols and fired eight shots down range, two blaster bolts for each skull of the four targets. The droid pulled back into its cover as it detected four heat signatures hitting the floor of the hangar, presumably dead.

The droid activated the group commlink channel,
"Analysis: F0ur lifeforms incapacitated."

[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Edward Blake"]

While the four that were accompanying Jim distracted the guards, Jim snuck into the ship when he got onto the ship he was sucker punched and fell to the ground. as soon as Jim fell he pulled out his S-5 Heavy blaster and shot the man who thought he had the advantage over Jim. After getting back up he signaled his droid to get on the ship over his comlink. As the droid got on, Jim was setting up the ship to launch as the commotion outside continued, at this point the party only had less than 40 seconds to get out of the hangar.

"You boy's might want to hurry up out there!" Jim yelled over the coms.

The remaining gaurds were fully focused now, and they were throwing as many blaster bolts as they could toward the hunters. The droid's initial attack had weakened the enemy's firepower, but it wouldn't be enough to kill all of the guards on time. And although the guardsmen may not have been military trained soldiers, they had begun digging in. Meraal decided it was time for a push which would divide the remaining guardsmen, which would make them easier to finish off.

As he was laying down suppressing fire from the hangar's entrance, he spotted it: a hover-forklift. The machine was positioned directly in front of the ugly freighter's boarding ramp. If Meraal could take cover behind the bulky machine, he reckoned he could kill five or six of the remaining 10 guards. There was of course one problem with his plan; there were way too many guards laying down fire on the group. What if I go above their field of fire? And that was how Meraal's already crazy plan became much, much worse.

Unfortunately, the Mandalorian saw no other way of eliminating the rest of the guards in a timely manner. Meraal tuned onto the squad commlink channel, "Lay down some covering fire for a second vode. I'm moving up!" Meraal exclaimed, trying to be heard over the roaring blasterfire. Meraal shouldered his DC-17m and fired a burst of bolts towards where he saw most of the enemy blaster shots coming from, and ran a few paces into the hangar bay. On his seventh step, Meraal activated his jetpack.

Meraal probably only had the flimsy device on his back active for three seconds, but it was long enough to give him that familiar, lurking feeling he always got when activating the thing in a combat scenario. Meraal had seen Mandalorians burst into balls of flame in combat because their active jetpacks were shot, he couldn't think of a worse way to go. Just as he came to terms with that sense of dread, Meraal cut his jetpack and dove behind the hover-forklift. He felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder blade. "Osik. I've been hit." Meraal mumbled, more to himself than to anyone in the comm channel.

He was still alive however, which meant that his plan had most likely worked. His suspicion was confirmed when a Gran armed with a blaster pistol pivoted around the forklift and attempted to fire into the Mandalorian's chest. With the assistance of the Mandalorians vibro-gauntlet, the bolt missed by several inches. Meraal heard the Gran shout in pained surprise, followed by the sound of a sickening Schluuunk as his right blade retracted back into its gauntlet.

"Five down, nine to go." The Mandalorian grunted. His shoulder blade felt like it was on fire, but he had to push through it. The Gran had refocused the man on the battle at hand, and he realized that he could now see four more guards hunkered down closely together, about 15 meters away from the rigger's ramp. The Mandalorian always carried around a thermal detonator on his belt, but he had never been presented such a great opportunity for its usage. He figured that the blast would be far enough away from the freighter as to not damage it, but there was only one way to find out.

"Hey sleaze bags!" Meraal yelled, "Fetch!" He activated the detonator, waited one second, and threw it with his good, un-blasted shoulder toward the group of guards. At least their deaths would be quick, it was better than what most of the galaxy could hope for. Five left.

Dria Kor staid behind his cover, listening to the blaster fire in the hanger and the teams yelling over the Comlink, then he heard a explosion that felt like it shook the whole hanger.

He knew that he had an opening and peeking around the crate he sees the last five men scrambling for cover, he runs out into the middle of the hanger.

He stops clasping his hands together gathering his strength, he takes a step back then lung forward keeping his back foot planted, he thrusts his hands forward sending a massive force wave straight towards the men that are left, they go flying in to the back wall, there are sounds of breaking bones and cry's of pain. while also rocking the ship.
Dria Kor steps back sensing if they are still alive, "1 left, but hurt." he says quickly in to the Comlink in a wavering voice obviously tired.

He looks at the 5 body's that are at the back wall, one man still alive but badly hurt and not moving.

The droid heard Drai Kor's transmission over the commlink and abandoned the crate it was hiding behind to go stand in the center of the hangar bay. The droid holstered one of its two pistols. The hunter team was dealing with Hutt personnel, which meant that only one thing could be done next. Organic lifespans shrunk exponentially after crossing Hutts, especially those involved in crime syndicates.

The droid slowly approached the back wall, where the last living guard had fallen. Upon reaching the wall, the droid ran a scan on the guard.

"Analysis: It is unl1kely that this organic filth will be able t0 move again w1thout cybernetic enhancement."

The droid fired its still drawn DL-44 into the guard's head and activated the comm channel.

"Statement: The gu4rds have been dispatched. Boarding the Rigger now."

[member="Drai Kor"] [member="Jim Pehico"] [member="Edward Blake"]

Once everyone had boarded the ship, Jim immediately took off barely getting out of the hangar.

"That was close." Jim said relieved. "Now Mack, where am I going from here?" Jim said hoping it was far, it'd take the Hutt only a few hours to learn his ship was stolen.

[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Meraal Vaun"]

The droid holstered its second blaster and took a place standing behind the pilot's chair in the cramped cockpit.
"Answer: W3 are heading to the Northeast side of Lok's hem1sphere. I will relay the coordinates to y0ur navicomputer now. There should be a maze visible to us on 0ur approach vector."

The G9 Rigger was a strange vessel for the organic to choose to steal. The Rigger's design was ancient, not as ancient as Mack, but it was still too old to even be called a regular collector's item.As the droid stood behind the pilot's seat, it noticed an astromech droid roaming around the ship.
"Query: Did your droid successfully disable the s3curity feed during the fighting?"
Mack was asking more out of curiosity than fear. The Hutts would have an extremely hard time tracking around an obscure, ancient droid model. They probably wouldn't even know the correct model of assassin droid that Mack was. Mack reasoned that only historians focused on studies of ancient robotics would know its factory model at this point.

Jim noticed the coordinates popping up on the navicomputer and put the ship on auto pilot. "Yea, long enough for us to not be recognized." Jim said. The astromech whistled sarcastically at the old droid as if to say "why would you even bother asking that."

Jim looked at his R2 unit. "Easy, don't insult anyone, or anything," Jim said looking at Mack "who could turn you into scrap. Go run diagnostics in the engine room, make sure this ship was even worth taking." The R2 unit looked at the droid and then scuttled off.

"So this senator, we're taking out, what's your story with him? Has he ever wronged any of you? Not that I care, just curious is all." Jim said looking back at the crew.

[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Meraal Vaun"]

Meraal had slumped down in the corner near the cockpit's doorway. An astromech droid rolling past him brought the weary Mandalorian back into the moment. Meraal wasn't really thinking yet, adrenaline from the fight was still coursing through his veins, and it didn't help that he had downed at least three brandies over the course of the day. As a result of this odd mixture, Meraal gave his answer to the pilot's question before he thought of the words he wanted to say.

"No, the man's actions have never affected me in the slightest. I'm just a spacer running from his responsibilities by jumping from backwater cantina to backwater cantina." Meraal paused for a second and let the reality of his situation hit him. He was an ex-Jedi who was also the heir to a very rich, and very corrupt Mandalorian clan. Instead of going back to end the corruption in his clan, he was spending his time getting drunk on backwater planets such as Lok, Nar Shaddaa, and Ord Mantell.

Perhaps this was a good place to start his quest to redemption. "But I have heard rumors. The people of Lok are politically divided, but very few attempt to deny the claims I've heard around the bars. They say that Leman has enslaved entire towns of his own people in order to build his own vain projects. People say that the maze we are flying to now was made on the backs of a thousand enslaved citizens of Lok. If the rumors I've heard of Leman hold any grain of truth, I bet that scum will be broadcasting directly from the center of his marvelous maze."

Meraal realized that he still hadn't checked his shoulder wound. "I can't believe I got shot for this ancient relic of a ship, but then again my ride is a Clone Wars starfighter so.." Meraal trailed off as he looked over carbon scoring on his armor. From the good ol' fashioned mark 1 eyeball, it appeared that the blaster bolt failed to penetrate his armor. However, Meraal reckoned there was a good chance that a bone had been broken. He doubted that there was any bacta on this ship, "Anyone have any bacta on them? I might have time to address this wound before we land."

[member="Jim Pehico"]
[member="Drai Kor"]
[member="Edward Blake"]

Dria Kor listen to the teams chatter as he meditated in the left corner of the control room, though he didn't take much interest in it till Meraal started to talk about his wound.

He comes over to where he is slumped, then he puts his right hand on his hurt shoulder, sensing the damage that had been done, "The top of your shoulder and scapula has been broken with three fractures on the upper humerus, i could heal it but it would take time and it would hurt. you want me to." He says very calmly as he is still feeling the damage of his arm, but it means he also feels the pain however he has learned to ignore it,mostly.

"Hey we needed something inconspicuous" Jim said looking back looking back at the skeptical crew. "And odds are if this senator is as corrupt as you all says he is, he's made dealings with the Hutts to keep the planet's underworld in check. Obviously to get into his airspace we're going to have to claim we're from the cartel that being said the second he doesn't recognize us odds are we're going to have to go in blasting." Jim said.

Suddenly a huge maze came out of seemingly nowhere. Jim started hearing a beeping noise. The ship was being hailed.

"Mr. Lok has been expecting you. Pleas feel free to land at the regular meeting place." The guard over the radio said. The transmission ended abrubtly.

"Well that's not happening." Jim said. He looked over to Mack. "Where are we parking this thing?"

Meraal looked over to the force user. He had seen Jedi healers work miracles before, but he had never been the one being healed. He was about to let Drai Kor heal him, but he was interrupted by the Senator's forces hailing the ship. At the moment, Meraal thought he could probably still shoulder his weapons and fire them without too much pain. As long as he didn't get shot in the shoulder again he'd probably be good to go for the rest of the mission.

"Don't worry about it Drai, I'll get this patched up later. I haven't been healed through the force before, and right now would be a bad time to see how much pain that may or may not cause to my shoulder." If the pain brought on by the healing process meant he wouldn't be able to fire his rifle, he would rather wait to be submersed in a bacta tank in some backwater's hospital.

The droid had severely underestimated the Senator's influence. Ties to a Hutt crime syndicate would help explain how Senator Leman stayed in power, but the droid doubted that it was the only factor. Nonetheless, it would be the last time the droid underestimated the Senator during this bounty.
"Statement: It w0uld appear that we stole one of the best possible ships on this planet."
"Explanation: Any other vessel may have drawn blaster fire on appro4ch. This is going to be a walk in the park."

The vessel was likely still going to take fire upon its retreat, but over the droid's millennia of operation all the good bounties ended with a dire need to escape a hail of blasterfire. The droid began scanning the maze for a good landing zone. Their target was likely going to be in the center of the maze, where a large statue of the Senator himself stood, looking skyward. The statue must have been 15 meters tall.

Since the group's target likely was filming his broadcast from the center of the maze, the droid figured that it would be best to start their search there. The droid began scanning the maze's walls to see if the pilot could make the droid's landing zone a reality. After several seconds of scanning, the droid concluded that the pilot was about to hate its proposition.
"Analysis: The w4ll's of the maze app3ar to be made up of shrubbery local to th1s planet."
"Statement: Set us down next to th4t statue in the cent3r of the maze. You 4re going to have to land on some bushes." The droid said, as it readied its pistols.

"Addendum: I am cert4in that you can t0uch up this be4st of a vessel's paint job later. And if it 1s any consolation, you can t4ke any of the fabulous jewelry we find on the Sen4tor's corpse to help pay for it."

Here is the antagonist we will be facing: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/110426-senator-horib-leman/#entry1575784 . Please keep in mind a few important things such as his strengths and weaknesses and appearance/species while posting. Also keep in mind that this guy is an NPC opponent, you'll have to work his actions and dialogue into your posts. It is also important to note that Horib Leman (our foe) does not have a lightsaber.

Dria Kor bolts to his feet at the sound of them being hailed.

He then walks over to the control terminal and hits a button which makes it show the ground, and the maze. Dria Kor studies it for a little bit, i don't think people normally land in the center?, he thinks because all of the bushes at the center are perfect with no signs of being crushed by a massive ship.

"if we land in the middle it will be the fastest but it will tell them that we are not who they think we are and they will be ready for a fight." He says still studying the layout of the maze.

He pulls his hood back over his head, shadowing his face, ready for a fight and turning for the terminal, "where are we landing then?"

Jim Pehico Edward Blake Macrosoft Mack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom