Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Opening Doors

H9JKu8a.jpg

SENATE BUILDING, CORUSCANT
SENATOR OFFICES

Senator Alicio Organa, of Alderaan.

He still wasn't used to the title. Whenever someone referred to Alicio as 'Senator', he caught himself wanting to look over his shoulder, to find who they were talking to. In that sense, he didn't really feel like a senator yet. Part of that was likely the current freeze of new motions on the assembly floor, leaving him plenty of time to get acquainted with his new situation.

That meant sending lots and lots of messages.

Which was what the aforementioned senator was doing in his office. Sitting at his beautifully-carved desk, the sun shining through the opened blinds of his window, and a tea well on it's way to whistling on a small stove in the corner, Alicio sat engrossed, with a pair of datapads strewn before him. He traded his attention between them, trying (and mostly succeeding) to juggle two lines of thought at once.

Alicio had vowed to be as open and honest in his position as he could. Many in the Assembly claimed that to be their platform, but Alicio was attempting to live it. In the pursuit of sincerity, the Senator from Alderaan had instituted an open-door policy. Any senator, Jedi, or Alliance member with the proper clearance could walk in, and he'd listen to them. If they needed help, he'd see what he could do.

That was how he could help build a better Galactic Alliance. With leadership that listened.

But until someone showed up, he'd be happy to finish up his paperwork.

- OPEN -

Last edited:

Amalia teral

A
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

SENATOR OFFICES
Matriarch of house teral of alderaan.

Amalia had friends on the council mostly from smaller planets or businesses but she was in the senate hall and figured she would see how the new senator from alderaan was settling in. She wore a black suit as she walked the halls Taping onto a datapad trying to run her buisness while she had free time it helped she looked the part of a senator maybe due in part of running a major house on alderaan and transport buisness for the galaxy. She was used to being and looking proffesional as was her station. Knocking on his door then walking in "amalia teral from house teral" she said formally hoping he would recognize the name. Stopping before his desk "was in the area figured I'd see how your settling in to your new position" she asked sitting down. Straightening out her pant legs "I know we may have never formally met but figured having someone to talk to from home might help alleviate any problems you might be having I know first hand how it feels to take up a position that was first held by a family member" she said giving him a friendly smile.

Alicio was so engrossed by his work that he nearly missed Amalia's entrance.

The Alderaanian loomed over his datapads, constructing a well-meaning letter on one, and researching the events of the recent chancellery debate on the other. It was... awful, what had happened. Even if it painted his favored candidate in a good light, and removed one of her largest obstacles.

A senator had died. An representative of the Alliance, in the heart of Alliance space, in front of the entire Alliance to see. He wouldn't wish that fate for anyone, even Senator 'Legalize Murder' Gore.

But he was able to push his fears to the side for a moment. Alicio smiled, nodding to Amalia as she walked in, and frankly happy for the distraction. He could doom-spiral later.

"Duchess Teral," he said, standing and bowing. "I don't think we've met, but I'm glad to finally put a face to a name." He made a point of learning at least the names of the Alderaanian Houses' heads.

"I know first hand how it feels to take up a position that was first held by a family member"

Alicio smile tightened a bit, reminded of his stresses. "They leave us with large shoes. I only hope to fill mine, as best I can."

"Would you like any tea?"
Alicio hurried over to his stove, just as his water started whistling. She was Alderaanian, so he assumed she wanted some. "I have Gatalentan. Picked it up from the planet myself."

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A
SENATOR OFFICES
Matriarch of house teral of alderaan

she could tell she caused him stress by his smile even if she didn't mean it like that. But decided to drop it as to not cause Alicio any more stress then she already did letting it go the dutchess smiled as he offered tea. "Oh I love gatalentan tea I'd love some haven't had any in forever" she said happily. Walking over with him helping him get the proper glasses out and helping him make the tea. "Missing home much yet if you want I can send you some alderaan delicacies or atleast the ingredients to have them cooked" she said trying to offer him a slice of home. As she helped with the tea she held her pheromones off she didn't want anyone from alderaan knowing about her mixed heritage it might jeopardize her legitimacy to house teral.

Alicio took the kettle off of the burner, careful not to scald himself. With gentle, measured movements, the Count prepared their tea, as if he'd been doing it all his life. The mindlessness of it let him think about what Amalia said.

"You know," he finally said, offering the Duchess a cup of tea, "there's an old story I heard, where some wealthy, homesick Alderaanians tried to introduce a pod of thranta to Coruscant. They died out quickly, due to the air pollution."

Alicio shrugged, blowing over his tea in an attempt to cool it. "I think I'll survive a bit better than them, but I do miss the clean, mountain air, all the same. Some mementos of home might be nice."

The senator took a seat at his desk, gesturing with his cup at the chair across from him. "So, what brings you to Coruscant, Duchess?"

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

Amalia watched him try not to scald himself she used the force in very subtle ways to help. Making sure it wasn't obvious Making natural things happen trying to ease his mind as he offered her a cup she smiled and took it blowing on the tea to cool it herself.

She listened to him speak she laughed a bit "that was my great grandfather he loved those things watching them fly through the air I heard he was a great politician and had buisness sense but he wasn't bright about anything else" she laughed about it. He had a painting in their home in a far off corner of her home she remembered "what the story doesn't say is that a few of those birds flew through this very building pooping all over senators desks and a few senators he was obviously asked to move back to alderaan and retire from politics after" she smiled she would have loved to see the aftermath.

"Well house terals fleet can't transport fresh mountain air atleast not here but we make regular shipments to corusant make me a list and I'll make sure it gets here within reason of course" she offered him. Sipping on her tea she was happy a moment of quiet no meetings no junko who she cared for Just her a cup of tea and a hopeful new friend.

She walked over sitting next to him with happily as she readjusted her suit subtly through the force as she sat down. Looking at him she thought about his question "meeting a few customers who enjoy my companies services which includes a few senators and I figured I'd pop in to see how your acclimating to the air" she said.

Amalia's story about her ancestor being the one to introduce thrantas to Coruscant was fantastical, bordering on mythical. He smiled at the tale, amused, but his raised eyebrow betrayed his dubiousness. Especially the part about thrantas in the senatorial chambers.

"I don't need actual air, Duchess," he said, taking his first sip of tea, and seeming to enjoy it. "I can breath the same as everyone else here. But I do miss the food." Alderaan had some of the best culinary artists in the Alliance. "Let me know if you have any of those shipments coming in, and I'll buy some from you."

"What all does your company provide?"
Having a little bit of Alderaan on Coruscant wouldn't hurt.

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

She figured he didn't believe her story she would admit. It sounded fantastical but it was all true even if he didn't believe her she wouldn't in his case so she understood the eyebrow raised about the senatorial chambers it was a tall tail even to someone with proof. But she wasn't going to push the subject any further.

"Don't worry we don't deal in mountain air or any air anyway" she said sitting there as she took a sip of her tea "I do understand missing alderaani cuisine tell me some dishes you want and I'll make sure your cook gets the ingredients" she said sitting there she knew the alderaan had the best cuisine in the world. She pulled out a datapad and typed a few buttons "I have a shipment coming in two days there Is some alderaan foodstuffs on there along with some other offworld products" she said.

"We provide shipping throughout the galaxy and ship some products from alderaan along with making more commercial ships so if you wakt something let me know and ill get it here as soon as possible" she said sitting there she knew the want of wanting a bit of alderaan after being away for a long time.

Alicio smiled, showing a bit of embarrassment. "If you send me a catalogue, I'll make some selections, for sure! But, um... well, I don't have a cook." A rarity for an Alderaanian Count, for sure. "I like... doing things myself."

His only staff members were either connected to his senatorial duties, or his security. He felt odd, having people serve him. His father was the same way. Simon Organa also built his life on his own two hands.

"I'd also love to look at purchasing a ship, but... I don't have many credits at the moment." He refused to use House Organa funds for personal matters, and most of his money made in the Senate was funneled into charities. "Once I'm more situated though, maybe we can have that conversation."

"How is House Teral faring? Since your appointment to Duchess?"

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

Amalia sat there as she pulled out a datapad "here's a catalog of all the wares we transport and its fine I prefer to cook for myself too" she said sure she found it a little wierd but he wanted independence nothing wrong with that.

"When your ready let me know I'll arrive as soon as possible" she said sitting there she knew senators made a good amount of money and he was a nobles son. But figured he donated most of his earned money towards something that wasn't any of her. Buisness in knowing so she wouldn't pry into it unless he felt like sharing "although I'm more than willing to work out a payment plan aswell I can custom make the ship to have alderaan like ascetic if you wish no extra charge" she offered having a friendly senator in her corner wouldn't hurt.

"House teral is flourishing I've managed to open trade with several ports across the galaxy although I'm still trying to find time to relax a noble house of alderaan and a galaxy spanning shipping buisness aren't easy things to run"

"Thank you." Alicio gratefully accepted the datapad, wasting no time in transferring the list to his own. He'd been thinking about taking up baking; he'd need some supplies and ingredients for that...

Something he could worry about later. When he wasn't entertaining a guest.

"We'll be in contact about that ship. For the moment, I don't see myself moving around too much, but... in the near future, I might be in the market for something." Alicio wouldn't mind having his own vessel for relief and refugee work. Perhaps once he'd settled into the Senate more.

Alicio's smile twisted in sympathy at Amalia's assessment of House Teral. "I can only imagine the workload. But I'm glad that everything is going well for you, and your people."

"Is there anything I can help you with? You know, excluding tax cuts and preferential treatment?"
He grinned sarcastically. He knew of a few senators that might actually consider those options.

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

Amalia smiled " no problem I always keep a catalog on me when I travel" she said sitting there although she had gotten her buisness back off the ground. She enjoyed doing it to a degree but enjoyed moments like this more just two people sitting enjoying a cup of tea and talking.

"My comms will always be open for you senator for when you'll want that ship" she said she wondered what kind of ship a man who had no help would want. What would he use it for besides campaigning maybe refugee work she wandered but then a fleet might be better but to each their own.

She saw his smile twist "oh I enjoy the work don't worry about that and I've got a loyal group of employees helping me out so I and my people are in good hands" she said smiling sipping her tea.

" and here I was hoping that you'd give me Just those things" she said sarcasticly with a playful wink. Setting her cup down "the majority of the work I had to do is done now its just general upkeep and board meetings I'm more likely to die of boredom over anything else" she said sitting there as she picked up her glass again and took a drink.

"oh I enjoy the work don't worry about that and I've got a loyal group of employees helping me out so I and my people are in good hands"

"That's good to hear," Alicio noted, staring calmly at the tea in front of him. "I've found that the most important thing to have as a leader is a good support structure. So it doesn't all fall on your shoulders alone." Alicio got caught by that trap plenty. Doing all the work himself made him feel good, accomplished, but having people to prop you up, and help take the load, vastly improved productivity.

Alicio flashed a grin as Amalia picked up his joke. "Well, if you don't have anything, I may have a request of you, Duchess."

"Before I became Senator, I helped build refugee cities. I collaborated with three, and... we're currently in the process of adding another."
The Shi'ido city was proving to have more setbacks than any of them had anticipated. "Having a starship manufacturer in these cities would do wonders for the job market, might even jumpstart a whole new industry."

"To start with, would you be interested in setting up a branch of House Teral in Sanctuary City, on Alderaan?"
The best part? There weren't any current shipwrights in Sanctuary City, to his knowledge. So the chance of local businesses being affected negatively was small.

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

Amalia smiled "I agree that's why I'm glad you have senatorial staff helping you with your work just make sure to stay well fed and healthy no one on alderaan wants to see your health suffer" she said. Hoping he would take her advice for his own safety and for the well being of those who relied on him.

"Oh you have a request of your own hopefully it's not a date" she said sarcasticly with a joking smile on her face. Bur actually hoping it wasn't a date for both their sakes.

She listened to him speak about his past with helping sanctuary cities on alderaan and her involvement on putting a branch of house teral in sanctuary city. She sat there thinking for a couple minutes "I'd have to do the proper paper work and get workers to help build it to house terals standards but I think it could be done assuming I can get workers lined up that live there" she said she wasn't worried about the paperwork part of it. More expanding house teral security to secure the worksite.

"I agree that's why I'm glad you have senatorial staff helping you with your work just make sure to stay well fed and healthy no one on alderaan wants to see your health suffer"

"I'll keep that in mind. After all, you can't pour from an empty cup," the Count responded, sipping his drink thoughtfully. Alicio put his work before his personal health, nine times out of ten. All-nighters were a common occurrence for the nobleman, and he sometimes skipped meals to tap away at his datapad.

But he knew that he was at his most productive when he was happy and healthy. So, recently, he'd been treating himself a little better.

Amalia's mention of a date elicited an amused smirk from the Senator. "Afraid not. I'm happy to report that I'm already taken." Just thinking about his girlfriend brought an idiotic smile to Alicio's face, which he quickly covered with a shy hand.

He let Amalia take the time to ponder the offer, then taking a moment of his own to ponder his response. "Well, a benefit to working in a refugee city is that there are always people that need jobs. You wouldn't get much business selling there, but House Teral would be doing it's part in helping with the Alliance's current refugee crisis."

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

"No you can't as much as you might try" she said sitting there she picked up her glass and took a sip from it the put it back down. Amalia wasn't one to talk she had on occasion spent many a sleepless Night working away either for her buisness or for alderaan itself.

It was her captain of the guard who always suggested she get sleep and food he even suggested she go off world on occasion that's how she met junko. Seeing his smirk she smiled as he said he was taken "that makes both of us then" she smiled seeing him smile and the thought of junko popping into her head.

She let him finish talking about the refugee city since he let her think for a moment. "When I get back to house terals office building I'll definitely start the process needed to build a ship factory at the shi'ido refugee city" she Said. Sipping from her tea she then continued "after all every bit to help the alliance refugees and if i make a small profit from it then that could go back into helping more refugees" she said sitting there

"after all every bit to help the alliance refugees and if i make a small profit from it then that could go back into helping more refugees"

Alicio found another genuine, if small, smile at the Duchess' pledge. "You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that." He continued, eyes trailing to his window, and the speeders passing by. "It can sometimes seem like everyone in this building has an agenda. Ulterior motives. It's... nice to be reminded that there are people in the Alliance who still care."

"I'll send you the necessary information."
Alicio shrugged. "I think Sanctuary City would be a good fit for your company. We can talk about other cities once you settle in."

The senator paused, his tone softening. "Now, to deviate away from business for a moment... If you don't mind me asking, who are you taken by? Another noble?" Part of him wanted to know who might possibly be joining Alderaanian royalty. Part of him was just curious.

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

She noted alicios smile she could sense it was genuine "what wanting to help those in need if it helps my bottom line" she said honestly she knew most here had ulterior motives its why she didn't advocate for this very office. They both found themselves in but she understood politics "well most senators here are trying to either get their planet and/or political party more power in the senate and the alliance as a whole so im not surprised" she said sitting there "although most pass bills that aid the alliance as a whole some must be in it for either personal gain or the gain of their planet or political party" she said sitting there.

Looking out the window aswell the blonde alderaanian couldn't help but think about how this expansion will affect her houses and businesses standing on alderaan or the alliance as a whole. "Well any info you can send will expedite the building of my factory and hiring of workers" she said sitting there with potential factory lay outs and material shipping and training of workers that would need done. "We can discuss further cities once my factory is operational ofcourse" she said happily not figuring this office visit would work to such an advantage for her.

She looked at him and noticed the tone change before he spoke maybe part of that was her zeltron half that she and her parents kept hidden. And then listened to him speak "oh kinda personal question there I'll tell you if you tell me who's got you wrapped around your finger" she said jokingly trying to figure out who managed to wrap him around their finger.

Despite being a senator, Alicio was glad to see the conversation drift away from the Senate. He knew about the political corruption that plagued it's halls. Part of the reason he'd wanted to be appointed to the position in the first place was to fix that. Create at least a voting bloc that cared about the Alliance's citizens first, instead of credits, or power.

It was a tall order, and one he was truly passionate about.

But, for now, he was glad the conversation shifted to his favorite topic instead.

"Amani," he said, smiling softly. "She's a Jedi Knight. A healer. We met, helping refugees on Tython. She's..." How could he describe her? He would need a book, and at least a few days. "...Amazing. Simply amazing," he settled on.

"She isn't nobility," he ventured, realizing that a fellow Alderaanian might assume that about that for a member of the ruling House, "But frankly, I couldn't care less."

He looked at Amalia expectantly. "Your turn, Duchess."

- Amalia teral -

Amalia teral

A

She listened to alicio speak about amani the resemblance between their Two lovers where uncanny. She didn't know if it was an alderaan thing but she loved a jedi aswell "she sounds amazing I hope you get to keep that relationship it sounds like there's lots of love there" she said with a smile.

Sitting there She wouldn't bring up the senate unless he brought it up. Again but thinking of his question "her name is junko Ike princess of atrisia" she said thinking of junko "shes gorgeous, funny, and she cares for those in the atrisian commonwealth" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom