Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Open Circle Armada Marine Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
ocamd_roundel_by_hardenedtrooper-d8vkh66.png

Name: Open Circle Armada Marine Division
Intent: To provide an infantry unit and boarding unit for the OCA
Affiliation: OCA
Availability: Common
Type: Infantry
Strength: 35,000
Description:

The Open Circle Armada Marine Division or more formally the OCAMD, is the main and only infantry fighting force for the OCA. Although currently without a leader it's capability is still quite impressive. Branching from space-to-ship infiltrations to ground defense the OCAMD is well rounded as an infantry. Being a marine division also limit's it's ability as an army, especially versus large forces. It is somewhat balanced placement between ships and the HQ on Terminus, making sure it is not too spread out.

It's standard armaments and armor the ACS-202 and ACS-003 make's the OCAMD a valuable asset anywhere. Alas, the division while new has no vehicles or explosives of any kind but in the near future that shall be fixed. Each soldier goes through a grueling six months of training on neighboring planetoid Polis Massa. Where they learn combat from a range of Zero G to ground assault. And to keep them in shape and on the bounce the OCAMD makes them do quarterly exercises. Two of which are military invasions, one defense, and one relief exercise.

Unit Chart:

Close Quarters Squad-
2 Rifleman
2 Shotgunners

Sniper Team-
3 Rifleman
1 Sniper

Heavy Gunner Fire team-
5 Rifleman
2 Blaster Canon Soldiers
1 Detonator Launcher Soldier

Fire team-
8 Rifleman

Platoon-
1 Close Quarters Squad
1 Sniper Team
1 Heavy Gunner Fire team
18 Rifleman
2 Communications Troopers

Links: http://starwarsrp.ne...ack-later-open/(Link to factory making gear, not yet started)
Gear:
Standard Weapon: http://starwarsrp.ne...eating-blaster/
Side arm: BTI-WB "Woebringer" Heavy Blaster Pistol
Sniper rifle: BTI-LRBR "The Reclaimer"
Blaster Canon: ACS-206 Variable Output Blaster cannon
Shotgun: BTI-CES "The Retaliator"
Detonator Launcher: BTI-TDL "The Reckoning"
Armor: http://starwarsrp.ne...s-marine-armor/

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
So under Availability you wrote common while linking to a "limited" sub. I copied and pasted the examples from the template highlighting the apropriate part.

"Availability: (How common is this unit? More powerful units are not as common, and specific named units are often unique. The available designations are: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Unique. Common are the main backbone units of the army using mainly mass produced items. Uncommon are unusual or less common units sometimes using minor production. Rare are special, elite units using limited production items. Unique are one off variants of the other type which have special features that makes them one of a kind."

Edit: Scratch that. Late at night and completely misread the armor tech sub. The rest Still applies though lol carry on.

This unit is common and rather large. Also the description could use a bit of shoring up on training and abilities in order to make it a little more clear to people. While I'm pretty sure I understand what you want from them extra clarity never hurt anyone and could add valuable insight and character to the unit.

We have a few grammatical things while you're editing you might hit. "an infantry" should be "an infantry unit"... I had another one but I don't remember anymore lol.

And then lastly... Can we get a general squad size as well? Something to indicate in a PVP or battle situation how many you'd face? I mean a full on organization chart would be nice but it isn't really needed.

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
That chart was looking good.... and then I refreshed and now the coding is off....

Either way approved pending secondary because I'm pretty sure that is on my end and not yours.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Though the chart is badly mangled I can just about learn what I need from it.

My concern is one of scale. Your 'armada' is not part of a major faction, right? So just as there are limits to how many and how large your ships can be, so too there are implicit limits on how large a military force you can have aboard.

Just how many ships do you have, and how do you fit 35,000 soldiers aboard them? After all, a Venator (which is larger than you can have) could carry only 2000 troops and a Star Destroyer only 9,700. How is this large force supported and where do they operate from?

[member="William Kerkov"]

Well, I guess your right about that but I can tell you how. Most of the troops are based on terminus because it has self defense force, and it is the Main base of the Armada. Now I know we don't own the planet but no one else does, and as soon as we have 8 different writers (I know that means unique characters only being written by different people each) We will become a major faction and be able to support it very soon and take control of Terminus. If it is too much trouble than I can minimize it by any amount you want. But it will also make my chart (which took a long time believe it or not, despite it's crudiness) obsolete.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="William Kerkov"]
Ah, that makes more sense. If they’re planetary based primarily I don’t mind this. Just so long as they’re not all on ships.

No rush on the diagram, if you want to update it, PM me.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom