Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Oops!

oliver-lundt-hangarlookfinalized001.jpg

gwyndiv.png

The roaring of engines and clattering of metal were all too familiar to Gwyneira Krayt. Safe. A sort of natural environment. She belonged in the hanger bays and shipyards. She was at home working on ships and fixing up broken engines. She was a genius mechanic and licensed engineer. She preferred it here. In fact, she could only fall asleep with the noises of busy shipyards lulling her these days. That was why despite having an apartment in Kestri's residential district, she was more likely to be found in the Tauntaun, her freighter, here in Kestri's shipyards.

But today, she had pressing concerns so deep, even a power saw drilling through a damaged hull could not distract her from it. She was an artist and an engineer. She was used to building machinery and robotics, even weapons. But now, she had a new creation. A creation that easily was her best masterpiece, yet was something she had zero experience with. She was flooded with fear and joy all at the same time. Excitement and terror. Her heart pounded as she paced the empty spot in the shipyard, waiting.

I could have easily just called him while he was away. Or told him before he left. But I wanted to take the test before he left and save it for when we were face to face! Oh Manda above, I'm so nervous! Will he hate me for this? Will he turn around and leave? No, that's not like him! Even with some of his memory still gone he loves me! Oh Manda! Oh Manda! Oh Manda!

A large above ground catch opened as a familiar ship ascended upon the shipyards. Gwyn's heart stalled for a moment before she stepped back, standing out of the way of the ship. Manda help me!

The ship landed, giving Gwyn a moment of nervous anticipation. Then, the ramp lowered. Even while it was still lowering, the half-Arkanian darted for the ship. Despite Kestri's bitter cold, the Mandalorian tore her buy'ce off as she darted up the now lowered ramp. The split second Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt appeared, she did not waste a millisecond. She took his arm, hurriedly spilling, "Jac'Eli'Zirem, we kinda need to talk, like, right now."

lLcXg5L.png

Bit by bit he'd been recollecting his armor. At least now he had his cuirass. And a vambrace. With each piece he was starting to remember more. The people he'd left behind and forgotten. The people he loved. He was remembering more and more about Gwyn. Or just relearning her. Either way, she wasn't a stranger anymore. She never should've been to begin with, but at least now the awkwardness had been dealt with, right?

And now he was back home, ready to see he- oh?

He blinked, following along as she dragged him off without any resistance on his part. "Uh- Yeah. Sure. What's up? .. Did you get shorter?"

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn was kind of bewildered at the height comment. It was only when they entered the Tauntaun across the hanger, and she turned to look at Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt , that she realized.

A big smile formed on her face.

She reached out, placing a soft hand over his head and comparing it to the familiar surroundings of the ship interior. She beamed, even tearing up as she laughed.

"No! You're getting taller!"

She gave him an excited hug, "I thank the Manda again that that blasted serum was purged from your system! You're finally growing the way you should have!"

She pulled away, a tear slipping down her cheek, "I'm so happy for you!"

Then, a blush as she placed a finger on her lip, "Happy for me too. Cause you're even hotter than before, handsome."

The blush only grew as her eyes widened when she remembered. She looked away, suddenly overcome with what appeared to be shyness. She lowered her hand, pulling her arms behind her back as her heart pounded, "Um, Eliz... What I wanted to tell you... I-..."

Visible fear flooded her face, then happiness, then terror, then celebration. She reached into one of the pouches on her utility belt. She fumbled with it, cursing nervously beneath her breath over her anxiety induced clumsiness. Finally, she pulled what appeared to be some kind of medical test instrument out. She lifted it for Eliz to see, turning her head away with an anxious expression, entire face flushed red.

The test read positive.

Gwyn spoke in a quiet, happy, and fearful tone, "Jac'Eli'Zirem, I'm with child... our
child."

She shivered. Despite how well they knew each other, she had no clue how he would respond.

lLcXg5L.png

Taller?

Yeah, no, that made sense. He had been. Though, was it something to cry about? He frowned for a moment, reaching up to wipe away the tear for a brief moment. Pushing that away. There was nothing to cry about, right? Well, maybe. He still didn't remember everything. Though the change to a blush and a flirt had his head spinning. Was it happiness? Sadness? What exactly was she feeling?

Oh.

For a moment he just stared in confusion. Between her and the test. Stared. Blankly.

Then laughed. Without warning he lifted her up in his arms, spun as he hugged her close.

"That's-! Haha! That's awesome! Great!"

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn gasped in pleasant surprise as Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt joyfully spun her around and hugged her. She hugged him back, tightly, overcome with emotions. She should have known he would be happy! She sobbed once, "It is awesome..."

She sniffled again, hugging Eliz more before gently pulling away. Despite the tears streaming down her cheeks, she was smiling in excitement. She did a little bounce, "I can't wait to meet her! I've already been looking through online names, been looking up baby clothes, reading mommy blogs..."

She lifted her hand to her mouth, biting her nail. It was a near instant transformation from joy to fear, "But I'm so nervous! I know nothing about being a mom, what if I kark this up? What if I can't figure out what she needs? What if the apartment generator blows up!"

She took a step forward, hugging Eliz again. "Oh... Jac'Eli'Zirem, I have no idea what I'm doing."

lLcXg5L.png

"Hey, hey. We'll uh, we'll figure it out. I've no doubt we'll figure it out. Together, at that. And y'know, we can always bug the others for help." He hugged her for a moment, closer. Tighter. Yeah, there was a lot to figure out. But they didn't need to figure it out now, right? He let out a sigh, smiled. Pulled back just enough to kiss her forehead.

"We got this, Gwyn."

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn hugged him back. She was used to uncertainty and taking risks. Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt knew how reckless she had once been with her own life, in her plans for mission success. But this was more than just her now, and she was scared of somehow putting the child inside her in danger. Yet, she had to take in what Eliz just said. They could figure this... parenting thing out. She leaned into the forehead kiss, soft and gentle.

She had an arm wrapped around his waist as she turned and looked around the Tauntaun. Then, she remembered her own apartment. It was a little bit nicer looking since Eliz had come back, but it was obvious that it was not her primary residence. It was very much sloppy. While Gwyn was a brilliant artist and tinkerer, she frequently left her projects and tools just lying around. Not to mention, she seemed to have no idea what a hamper was, and it took ages for her to wash dishes after spending a whole day training, working, and fighting. She frowned, remembering her mother's apartment. A dump cluttered with trash, reeking of death sticks and spice, and infested with mold and rot. It had been cramped and unsuitable for any child. She remembered the lack of safety, the discomfort, and the heat of death stick fumes making her eyes steamy.

She closed her eyes, sighing, "I want to get a larger house, better quality. In a safer spot in town. Keep it clean, make it somewhere a child can grow up in with a sense of security."

She looked back up to Eliz, knowing fully well that he harbored bittersweet memories of his own parents. He probably knew way more about being a father than she knew how to be a mother. "I hate to bring back any sad memories, but... what did your father do to help you in your environment? Anything we can apply?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom