Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Only Time Will Tell

Seo Linn walked through the halls of the Jedi Temple. This was something a bit rare for her since she was more at home in space and traveling than she was on the ground. Technically she wasn't even on the ground but among the treetop buildings of Kashyyyk. If she thought of that way, then she was much happier. The only time she was comfortable with her feet on the ground was when she was at home with her family. Even if that world was controlled by the Sith. They left the people alone there for the most part and they were happy. She was even sure her son was safe there and that was saying something.

The Knight was one that listened to the Force and followed its call. Today it guided her here and she didn't know why. Bowing to a Master as one walked by, she stopped and closed her eyes to listen once again. Shaking her head, she opened her eyes and wandered into one of the training areas. Looking over the younglings and Padawans there, her attention was drawn to one in particular.

He held a training saber in his hands but appeared to be daydreaming instead of paying attention to the class in front of him. In a way, he reminded her of her younger self. A girl that had just been freed from slavery and one that wasn't sure what life was going to hold for her. With no proper education at his age, when she was in class, she had found herself dreaming through most of her classes. That was until she started learning about the Force and fighting.

It was then the light turned on in her mind and she excelled in her studies. Ending up a librarian on Lorrd, a few years later her world came crashing down and her future was again in turmoil. Finding the Silver Jedi, she joined their ranks and eventually they felt her ready to become a Knight. Not yet having taken a Padawan, that might be now. Why else would the Force have called her here and to this room?

Perhaps that dreaming boy that caught her attention...Returning her attention back to the class, she noticed it was starting to disperse. The way the young teen moved indicated he knew what he doing. This boy was ready to have a Master and Seo suddenly felt that it indeed was time for her to have a Padawan.

Walking over to the Master of the class, she introduced herself and watched as the class started leaving the room. Asking the name of the boy, she thanked the Master and started following the students out. Since he had been dreaming more than paying attention, he was one of the last to leave. Joining them, she wasn't trying to sneak up on him in any manner and hoped that when she attempted to tap him on the shoulder, he wouldn't jump out of his skin.

"Excuse me Castus. I am Seo Linn."

And she stopped. How does one ask if they wanted to have a Master? As she stood there probably looking pretty dumb, she decided to just take a dive and ask him.

"Do you have a Master? If not, are you looking for one?"

Hopefully, she wasn't coming across too strong, she chewed on the inside of her cheek as she waited on his answer.

Castus Theirin Castus Theirin

Castus sighed as the Noorian master droned instructions at the group of younglings. Today she had them working on the basics of Shii Cho, lazily flailing their training sabers at the open air. No velocities, just dull, slow form work. The pale yellow blade of his own saber shone against his face as the familiar nicks and grooves of the well-worn and long used hilt pressed into his palm. The sensation brought the restless boy a sense of peace. He'd "claimed" this particular training saber as his, even going so far as to make arrangements with other younglings to ensure that it found its way into his hands during exercises.

Blue eyes focused past the beam, settling somewhere in the middle-distance as the youngling began going through the sequence as the Master called out the steps. As he went through the motions, a shadowy form materialized in front of him, its own red saber moving to meet his. Castus fought his fantasy duel, changing positions an instant before the Master would call them out. So engrossed was he in his daydream that he almost didn't realized that the lesson had ended. Hastily, the youngling deactivated the training saber and returned it to it's place at the side of the training area. He let his fingertips linger on the rough surface of the chassis for a brief moment, then began to exit the area with his contemporaries.

The tap on his shoulder, though not startling, did catch him a bit off guard.

"Excuse me, Castus? I'm Seo Linn."

The boy turned to find himself being addressed by a woman not much taller than him. He bowed respectfully.

"It's an honor."

They stood together a moment, silent and slightly awkward, before she broke the stillness.

"Do you have a Master? If not, are you looking for one?"

Did he...? Was... Was she asking...? His mind immediately rushed off in a dozen different directions.

"Um... I uh..."

Castus scrambled to reel in his thoughts and recenter himself. He took a few moments to steady his breathing.

"I've been... considered by a few potential masters. Nothing stuck. Something about being 'too headstrong'."

The youngling shrugged, the nonchalance of the gesture betrayed by the disappointment in his eyes. He raised an eyebrow and cracked a crooked smile at Seo.

"Why? You in the market for a Padawan?"

Seo Linn Seo Linn

Last edited:
This was a slightly odd situation for Seo. Normally the woman was one to be quiet, observe and then speak. While she had done some watching, actually speaking to a person she had never met before was something new for her. Standing up straight, she listened to the boy's answer and nodded.

"I too had a few masters before I became a Knight. None of them really understood me, where I had come from and what my life had been like."

Maybe the two of them would be good partners if he accepted. Only time would tell if that was going to be the case. She had a good feeling about Castus however and hoped they could get along well to have a working relationship.

One of her many skills not related to using the Force was reading people and their body language. Deciding not to be closed to him, she displayed far more than anything she would to an adult. That little smile was returned with one of her own that showed a bit of her humor. Rubbing her hands on her pant leg just a little she nodded before speaking again.

"Yes, yes I am. Are you in the market for a Master?"

Oh. Oh wow.

It was happening! It was finally, actually happening! The boy's eyes went wide as she flipped his snark back on him. He coughed a bit and scratched the back of his head as he tried to regain his cool and collected facade.

"Sure, I guess. Not that I'm desperate or anything."

Nailed it. There was no way she'd be able to tell he was, in fact, not cool and collected but a bundle of excited, nervous energy. Castus didn't want to give the impression that he was anything less than ready for the honor... Nay, the responsibility of becoming a Padawan.

"I've still got a lot to learn, but I like to think I'm a good student. I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I..."

He furrowed his brow a little and bit the corner of his bottom lip before continuing.

"I just want to help."

Ah to be that young again. Their training and lives were probably quite different, but yet here she was trying to pick up her first Padawan. Well, her first official one at least. She had taken one on a few missions but had never really trained one.

"It wouldn't bother me if you were."

Giving him a very clear wink, Seo saw through the mask he was putting on. Subtle signs in his movements and body language told her he was quite excited at this prospect. Unless he pulled away or avoided her hand, she would attempt to gently place it on his shoulder with a light squeeze.

"Learning is something that is ongoing. Even I still have a lot to learn."

Releasing his shoulder, she would start to leave the room. Hopefully, he would fall into step with her.

"We all want to help."

The youngling stood there, awestruck, as Seo Linn walked away. She was almost to the edge of the training area before he snapped out of his reverie and scampered to catch up with the young knight. Though she was only a few inches taller than the boy, she seemed to tower over him as he looked up to speak.

"So how do we do this? Is there someone who has to approve it, or do we just let them know what's happening and go?"

He tried to mirror her purposeful stride, but ended up basically speed walking beside her to make up for shorter legs. Castus was still in shock, and perhaps a little starstruck by who had, until now, been just another random Jedi. He'd been chosen! Soon he'd be off across the Galaxy helping people, fighting villains, and having adventures.

Unless she was a diplomat. Not that Castus thought any ill if that branch of the order. He'd just always imagined himself as the one who would stand between the helpless and the coming darkness, with just his lightsaber and the Force to guide him. Still, the work of a diplomat was just as important as that of a warrior. Perhaps even more so. Regardless of where this path led, he was sure it was going to be incredible.

Last edited:
He ran after her to catch up and they stopped while he asked a very important question. It caused her to blink her eyes a little in surprise and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Let's go find out. I'm not really sure. This is going to be a first for both of us."

Because she did have a child of her own, she slowed down once she noticed him struggling to keep up with her. Now the two of them walked side by side.

"I don't seem to recall there being any sort of official procedure for this. It should just be something accepted."

While it could be seen as a job or duty of a Jedi to try and be diplomatic, this wasn't something Seo had ever really focused on. Her calling was more action-oriented. Hopefully, that was what Castus would be interested in learning. A foundation needed to be found though and she expected to discover that soon.

"You'll no longer need to live with the other younglings unless you want to. New quarters are provided for Padawans that are closer to the more private training area. Is there anything you need to gather up? You can take the rest of the day to get settled in and meet me after breakfast."

At the moment, Seo was more businesslike, but she was still being friendly. Not at all cold or distant. Just providing him the information he might not have already known. When they came to the hall where his room should be, she stopped and if he needed to get anything, she would wait.

Once that was done, she would take him to where the Padawans stayed.

"Pick your room and I'll see you tomorrow."

With the first step finished, she would walk away and start planning just where they would begin the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom