Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oni-Karat Sevas

C59pTyi.jpg

NAME:
Oni-Karat Sevas (Goes by Sevas.)

FACTION: Currently unaffiliated.

SPECIES: Clawdite

SEX: Male

HEIGHT: 1.7m/5' 6"

WEIGHT: 240lbs.

EYES: Violet.

HAIR: Auburn.

SKIN: Green-blue.

FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :
Being trained by his uncle from the age of five in combat, he's well trained in melee and ranged combat. His major strengths lie in his focus, control, markmanship, and brute strength. His daily routine consists of managing his diet, training on a firing range, sparring in melee, and maintaining his arms. He relies heavily upon his equipment and tech, but isn't helpless without it. His combat style means an extremely fleet-footed opponent has an obvious advantage over him, but his extraordinary strength is his way of balancing it out. After all, when your humanoid physique is closer compared to that of a wookie than mistaken as that of a human, you leave an impression. While he is a calm sort of man, he's possessive to a fault. The quickest way to hit his temper is to destroy something that belongs to him, or he considers dear. Finally, Oni is partially insane. For a period of seven months he was stranded on Hoth and the combination of loneliness and hostile environment ensured his brain no longer works quite right. It normally isn't a problem, but hallucinations are a real problem, and he has no control of when they surface, or what they may be.

This warped connection with reality and perception is further complicated by his force sensitivity. Those of the Sith persuasion usually impart a feeling of emotions like hostility. These agitate his hallucinations to haunt him, tending towards an aversion towards these types. On the other hand, those of a more Jedi aspect typically bring out visions of his old compatriot, Chummy. These are not always welcome.

APPEARANCE:
Being a clawdite, his appearance is prone to shifting based on his needs. Granted he is out of his suit as little as he can manage, but if he takes it off in a public area, he appears Corellian. He has the usual subtle angularity of the jaw and nose that gives a slight regality to him, further enforced by the ear length black locks that settle upon his crest. His naturally violent eyes are adjusted to a dull sage green so none of his public features match what he really looks like other than his burgeoning, toned muscles.

In reality, his base form is a compact clawdite with an untamed mop of auburn hair, rough features typical of the reptile-like clawdites, striking violet eyes, thunderous muscles, and a grin of razor-sharpened teeth. His casual outfit is a mesh suit made to keep him comfortable and regulate body temperature when in his armor. The suit is simple and black, sporting only a light belt with a holster, and a few pouches for some light equipment.

His most common attire is his armor. The heavy battle plate looks true to its name as it seems you'd need a gun normally only needed for vehicles to punch through it. This of course isn't entirely true, but it is definitely a heavy set of equipment. At least his favorite set anyways. Rarely is he seen outside of it, thanks to his paranoia triggered by the last time he was wounded because he wasn't in armor. A note is that his pistol is holstered on his left side, while his shockball glove on his right hand is usually on unless he purposefully turns it off.

BIOGRAPHY:
Oni was always a special child. He had a way with machines and with animals that others didn't seem to understand. With only a few minutes of observation, he could tell how to take it apart. Of course, there were those who were horrified with his 'gift', but his only remaining relative saw the burgeoning potential. Of course, forcing a child to engage in hard training was frowned upon, but only if it is seen as training. His uncle more than handily explained that hard discipline would keep him in check. So for a full three years he was trained in physical endurance, in strength, and even trained in secret with tools to not only disassemble, but to reassemble.

Only when he was old enough to carry a gun without the authorities being called, was his training in marksmanship, hunting, and combat started. Of course he took to it well, he'd been taking orders and had come to be a disciplined individual by the time he was 12. He was never allowed to go to a public firing range, or fight for profit. His uncle was keen on keeping him out of the spotlight, lest the less savory element of the world try to snatch him up. A perfect system never lasts forever, after all.

Before the new season rolled in after his seventeenth birthday, Oni was picked up by a group of pirates collecting clawdites for an illegal research group. After all, if clawdite's could shape-shift, who's to say the cause couldn't be copied onto another species. Invaluable to fugitives of course. Oni wasn't the only one taken, but he was the most guarded. It wasn't that he tried to resist when he was taken, being shot with a tranq dart eliminated any chance of that, but the pirates were not dull. Even at seventeen Oni already looked formidable with his age-defined muscles. Thankfully, a slip-up with a girl who had been severely underestimated earned Oni his freedom, and his life. The scientists had no need for the subjects to be alive. They just needed bodies. Oni never saw her again, but he'd like to.

From age twenty, he signed on as a mercenary, keeping to himself to not stand out too much, but just enough to be paid well. He scrimped, he saved, he worked hard and well. Add in some luck and a few broken bones and he'd gotten himself a ship, armor, weaponry, and a droid by the time he was twenty-four.

Excerpts from Oni-Karat Sevas' personal status update via internal recorder.

"Nothing felt right anymore, something was always wrong with the drink, the faces, the sounds. There would always be the chill at the back of my neck when I got back. It wasn't that I had caught frostbite, or been poisoned. Something was wrong. I survived the cold without help, but why did I never go hungry? It couldn't have been the wumpas. Their courts could prove NOTHING. My cape was donated by the clippings. I most certainly did not try to drive extinct the vermin who slapped me. It was self defense, I couldn't stand their fur. I think I'll start to look for work again, maybe do some actual bounty hunting on top of being a gun for hire. Might pay well.....maybe I'll be able to afford my Hot Springs Resort on Hoth?"

SHIP:
Oni pilots an Aggressor Assault Fighter as his ship. He has named it the Ashen Phoenix. This is not his first ship, and in fact is his fifth. His first four were Miy'til fighters that he babied. Sadly, they had a way of being destroyed. So, he upgraded to the gunboat, and upgraded the sensors. At thirty-five meters long, it sports an easily recognizable insect-like frame, a thin main hull with two forward facing mandibles and twin, retractable steering vanes. Its mass, which is significantly higher than most fighters, is due to the fact that most of the interior is devoted to power cores and weapons systems.

Armed with two heavy laser cannons, a single ion cannon mounted below the cockpit, and tractor beam projectors located in the forward mandibles, the ships rather tight interior still has enough space for up to eight passengers. Outfitted with a class-4 hyperdrive, the Aggressor also sports impressive sublight speed, which it owes to a single KDY Galaxy-15 ion engine and three Quadex power cores. In addition to this, the twin steering vanes at the rear of the craft contain several ailerons for difficult maneuvers and braking. While they are kept tight to the hull in normal flight, the vanes are extended in combat for enhanced maneuverability. As a safety measure, a blaster pistol is concealed in the control panel, that if activated without the password, will fire into the pilot's seat.

Equipment:
  • TEA-4 Armor
  • TEA-5 Armor
  • A280 Blaster Rifle
  • K-43 anti-vehicle cannon
  • Custom T-6 Thunderer (vibro-blade bayonet mounted atop the barrel, reversible grip for using the bayonet for melee)
  • Shockball gloves
  • Jetpack
  • Discreet flamethrower (Left Wrist)
  • Durasteel plated field belt with 11 pouches and 2 pistol holsters. (One holster specially modified to house his T-6 Thunderer.)
  • 4 XR-01 Anti Personel Pressure Sensitive Thermal Detonators(pouch)
  • 1 collapsable datapad (pouch)
  • Mechanic's Tool Kit (pouch)
  • Electronic Tool Kit(pouch)
  • Stims(internal auto-injectors)
  • Smoke capsules(pouch)
  • Extra ammunition clips(pouch)
  • Lockpick set(false teeth)
  • Holoscreen(helm)
  • Droid Translator(Helmet)
  • Comm unit(Helm)
  • 1 Coat of Authentic Wumpa Fur

KILLS:
None.

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:
Learning the Ropes
That Cold Feeling...(The Story of Oni's time on Hoth)

Last edited:
Nice character bio! Interesting species... Don't see many Clawdites around here. Anyway, I'm glad to see you're settling in so quickly.

You may want to submit what you have listed under 'Equipment' to the factory. It just helps speed up roleplaying and allows other RPers to know what they're up against. Here's a link: http://starwarsrp.net/forum/52-the-factory/

[member="Oni-Karat Sevas"]

Slate Estrada said:
You may want to submit what you have listed under 'Equipment' to the factory. It just helps speed up roleplaying and allows other RPers to know what they're up against. Here's a link: http://starwarsrp.net/forum/52-the-factory/

Not sure what you mean by submitting it to the factory. I take it you want to me either link in existing weaponry to my sheet or make my own? I'll give it a shot, but more explanation will help.

This character defiantly looks cool, I wouldn't mind doing a thread with you sometime with my character Eziekel (who is also a freelance, except he's a mercenary as well).

I can't wait to read the backstory behind your character :)

With custom armour, weapons, ships and vehicles it is very much recommended that you write a submission (make your own) in the factory. It's the same with modified armour, weapons, ships and vehicles. Doing this just avoids controversy where somebody doesn't want to RP with you because "That armour doesn't exist; there's no factory submission." and it helps those who you are RPing with undertsand your equipment.
However, you are not required to submit everything to the factory. If you are using canon equipment (that isnt under the restricted item list) it doesn't require a submission, but a link to it would be helpful for people you are RPing with.

Hope this helps, if not it would be wise to take a wonder around the factory. Look at approved submission, denied submission and the Question Board. If you still have unanswered questions after that I would PM one of the Factory Judges, as they are much more knowledgeable on this subject than me.

Blech. It seems to be too much of a headache to start out with my own set of armor as described, since I'd have to start out anyways with just a bland set. So I'm looking into a replacement set of heavy armor until I can get mine in the works. It'll be entirely custom armor Oni will build himself. -sigh- Such is life of creation.

You know what? He's getting multiple sets of armor....eventually. Having one set allows people to get an advantage on you. Probably take out a medium set as well as being a walking tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom