Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oneirataxia

Eadu, Irenic, Elysian Districts, Nilia's Apartment, Bedroom, After Midnight | When It Comes To Us / On His Knees

Much like a mother hen, Nilia knew what to do. She fetched a towel-- Well, more than one, to be honest --and she offered them to him so that he could dry off, "You don't want a cold." Then she busied herself back in the kitchen, this time preparing an extra mug of tea.

Her apartment was grand and lonely at the same time. Pretty statues decorated nooks, and it featured stylized neon candelabra that mimicked the glow and flickering of real candlesticks. The windows had shades that were partially closed, the slats parted just enough to allow the grey light from the storm to seep into the apartment. On occasion lightning would flash, lighting up the apartment in a striped pattern.

It didn't take long for Nilia to soon be pushing a mug of brown, sweet-smelling warm liquid into Ar'ekk's hands, then directing him to the couch where he might get warm and relax. She had her own in her hands, going to sit down next to him, "How long were you out in the rain like that?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
EADU
Nilia's Apartment, Elysian Districts

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Nilia Saavilin"]

Ar'ekk remained motionless in Nilia's living room as she went to the kitchen to grab a spare mug of tea to warm him up. But before that, she handed him some towels to dry up a bit although that'd be a little difficult considering his entire outfit was dampened due to the massive walk under the rain that he took minutes earlier.

Not wanting to ruin her furniture, the young Knight simply stood on his feet even though Nilia returned to where he was to sit down next to him. Out of politeness anyways, he'd grab the mug of tea that was being offered to him and sipped ever so lightly.

It was sweet and he shivered as its warmth reached his throat and stomach.

"I would say twenty minutes."

The lightning outside made him feel at unease from time to time, not being used to this kind of weather at all. The slums of Coruscant hardly had any different type of weather besides cold, hot or simply both at the same time. He had been in a snowy planet, one with acid rains and another one where the heat of the sand could burn your bare feet.

But Eadu? Truly was something else.

Eadu, Irenic, Elysian Districts, Nilia's Apartment, Bedroom, After Midnight | When It Comes To Us / On His Knees

"You should have gotten an umbrella." She chided gently, blowing on her tea before taking a sip. At this point, she wasn't even questioning how or why he had shown up here; just grateful that he had. She hummed for a second in thought before looking up at him again, frowning now, "Uhm, don't you have any other clothes?" He was still soaked through from the rain, which had to be terribly uncomfortable for him. The heat was turned up enough to make her apartment positively toasty, but he was still in drenched clothing. Another thought occurred to her then, "And... Your ship?" She'd obviously seen to it that the ship had landed with proper credentials, but something had clearly happened that had been out of her jurisdiction.

Hopefully, it wasn't scrapped somewhere. That wouldn't be ideal for a first visit.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

EADU
Nilia's Apartment, Elysian Districts

He felt uncomfortable standing in the middle of the living room, clothes soaked through and being unable to sit down due to his fear of ruining the furniture from Nilia's apartment.

His eyes lingered around the cozy apartment as the lightning outside continued thunderously while rain droplets and the fog clogged the windows nearby.

"I couldn't get one. Got thrown off from the landing bay right away, only managed to grab a handful of things and had to walk. The ship's fine, still docked.."

Broadening a heartfelt smile on his face, Ar'ekk's eyes continued to look around aimlessly. Coming from a place like Coruscant's underworld, the only thing you were able to get as a weather was either rain or pitch black nothigness.

Eadu was marvelous with its furious rains and thunders going off at every minute outside, despite being some of an annoyance right now.

"Left them in my ship. I'd go get them but it's closed down and they looked serious about it, the people in charge of security. Don't really think we should bother them."

What a day.

A frown crossed her face but she nodded, another sip of the tea to settle her nerves, "That's... Not good. I can't say I know what's going on. But I'm glad to hear the ship is safe. I, um, don't have anything you could borrow in terms of clothes, obviously. Sorry about that."

It was clear a part of her felt bad for Ar'ekk's predicament, it was not at all a pleasant start to a visit to her homeworld. Though perhaps his ship should have an umbrella aboard from now on, "Well, tomorrow I can try to get your ship out of lockup, but for right now you should just try and dry off, and drink your tea, and you can, uh, sleep on my couch tonight?" There wasn't that much of a 'night' left, but it was something, and doing something was better than doing nothing. It's not like I can turn him out on the street like a stray puppy. A low, pitiful sigh left her before she took a longer gulp of the warm drink, offering a sympathetic smile up to her Force-bonded companion.

The couch certainly looked comfortable enough, more than likely it'd just need a solid lining of towels to ensure his wet clothing didn't seep through before it could be transformed into a makeshift bed. Simple enough.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

EADU
Nilia's Apartment, Living Room, Elysian Districts

"It's fine. You mind if I can use your bathroom for a few minutes? Try to at least dry up my clothes. That way I won't ruin your wonderful place."

Just hear yourself, former Jedi Knight. Even in the most dire of moments you try to find an answer to your problems, no matter how hard the road is. His predicament wasn't that awful as anyone else would think, some dampened clothes wouldn't really ruin their evening.

Hopefully, the lockdown would be lifted early in the morning but things seemed serious. Too much to be allowed to leave at least soon, so he thought. Nilia had power in this part of the galaxy so something could happen, probably.

"Thank you, Nilia. Sorry for coming up to you like this unnanounced. Trust me, I never thought I'd see you after knocking on your door."

A heartfelt smile formed on his face, trying to show the same compassion and lift up their spirits despite the "hardship" they were going through, one just feeling too cold to even stand up and the other probably worrying about this poor man that looked like a stray puppy.

"A couch is better than nothing at all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom