Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Way Ticket

will you sink down to me?
f1f60a56852179e83c03c7beb95a121f.gif

A S S E S S
Tag: Mallory Bash

Damsy had slipped off somewhere by the time Mal circled back to the galley-lounge. Upon some cursory exploration of her own ship, the Nagai hybrid would find the newly-found-out Confederate major in the cargo bay. She was lunging across the empty deck, clearly taking up Mallory's earlier offer of exercise. Her seafoam jacket was folded and set off to the side by the door, revealing a blacks-like tank top.
Mere moments under a piercing, ghastly gaze was too heavy for the mesomorph, so she straightened and crossed over to face Mal. She swallowed the pain of working out her sores even as she answered, "Nah, I'm--"
"Or should I say Major?"
Oh. "Well." She looked sideways, set her jaw, then back to Mal. Chit.
She should have been prepared for this eventuality, should have expected basic holonet research to be on a freighter flygirl's resumé. Next, her gaze shortly drifted down to the alcohol Mal came bearing. It was never a good idea to put alcohol in an aquarium and, along the same logic, Damsy didn't often drink herself. Her humanoid form could hold its liquor, but it would effect her shark for much longer and much more strongly. She made exceptions though when life got exceptionally shebby. Now was one of those times. Plus, after today's accident, she didn't plan on shifting anytime soon.
"Seems I've been made, Cap'in," she said matter-of-factly, grabbing one of the outstretched drinks. "Is that gonna be a problem?"
As she waited on an answer, one she wasn't too bothered about being 'yes', she popped the bottle cap with the inside of her elbow. Extending the beer to Mal, she offered wordlessly to open the other.
BcjYxQ.png

Last edited:

Mallory Bash

M

Tag: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

6tAcoBF.jpg

Following the passageway from the galley to the lounge and hold, Mal finally found her infamous passenger. The spacer's steps faltered a bit and there was a moment's hesitation as she caught sight of Damsey. Far from the afflicted woman she had seen earlier tugging on her pants, the woman now stretched out her body in long-legged lunges, having shed her jacket to reveal more of her seemingly perfectly fit body.

There was a very unusual self-consciousness come over Mal. The pale, smaller woman could not match the strangers stature, fitness, beauty or celebrity, and it was becoming clearer. Having the beautiful veteran Major call her Captain seemed a little silly. She was a Major in an elite fighting force, Mal was the captain of a mediocre freighter and a one-droid crew.

But the trick with her elbow was pretty neat. A woman had to have some musculature to pull that off. Mal took the offered bottle and handed over the other.

Mal took the bottle with a nod of gratitude. She did feel a bit proud that she had figured out Damsey's secret. Well, part of it. Mal knew there was more to the woman's story, much more. But at least she knew something about her mysterious passenger.

"No problem at all, Major. "
Mal answered matter-of-fact, the opening of the bottle soon covering her mouth. She took a good long swig. "Well, since you obviously know your way around a fight, I can show you where I have a few weapons, well, a weapon, if you don't have any on you. Just in case. Its a slug thrower submachine gun, probably a lot more primitive than what you are used to." Mal added, wondering if she had wandered into the realm of babbling. She stopped to take another swig.

As she tipped up the bottle, her gray gaze looked up at the dark maned soldier, then cast her eyes away. No. She would not be intimidated by the rather impressive and lovely Damsey. Straightening her spine a bit, Mal glanced down at the decking then up at Damsey, her brows raised a bit quizzically. "Is there anything else I should know, as the captain of this ship?" Mal inquired with all the authority of a commander of a star destroyer.

T R A N S P A R E N T

Damsy took her own swig as Mal spoke about the submachine gum. She didn't mind the ramble, as she talked about weapons quite in-depth given the right audience and circumstance. A slug thrower, though... "'Haven't karked with slugs much myself," admitted the officer. Dauntless had a love affair with blaster bolts in more way than one. "But I'm not opposed to." Damsy waved a hand generally. "Bring her out."
The gig was up. Why hide the fact that she had, in fact, brought her own weapon along for this ride? "My sidearm's in my cabin, but no harm, no foul toting more firepower." Kaminoan poison might have worked fast, but bullets always seemed to work a hair faster.
Well, the gig was only mostly up. Damsy hesitated when she was asked for any other pertinent information. There was a verbal line to walk somewhere here, but the amphibian couldn't quite identify its boundaries. At least there was a hint in the fact Mal hadn't brought up AWOL in any manner. It was still early for CDF to realize her absence, let alone ascertain her intent to desert or eventually return, but it was still a comfort to know she held esteem in the pale woman's eyes a bit longer yet. Still, she was sure she'd lose it eventually, whether still aboard or not. And, likewise, the CDF would at some point try to retrieve their most decorated major. When that happened, Damsy didn't want to reap collateral damage. She could help it - she knew it. Into Kamino's raging Equatorial Countercurrent with those who would tell her she had no control over that outcome.
This, what had started this too, was between Damsy Callat Vi'dreya and the Confederate Defense Force.
No one else.
"That, after transport, it's better if you forget about me," she began. A vague warning was still true. "Imma be real because you 'ave a good head," she paused, thinking through the next parts of her revelation - "and I don't want my mistakes to rebound on you. If you keep passenger logs, cook 'em. Trust me."
BcjYxQ.png

Mallory Bash

M

44o72iU.gif

Mal raised the bottle again for a swallow. It wasn't particularly high quality ale, it was the inexpensive stuff you could grab a case of in the convenience shop on a typical layover space station. But it did the job, which for Mal was often to provide enough of a buzz to ward off loneliness or stress. And, more than was good for her, into a drunken stupor.

"Fair enough. Records have a way of getting lost when traveling through space, ya know, with the random solar flares and electromagnetic storms and all." Mal offered with the smallest smirk touching the corner of her lips. But Damsey's response had a foreboding undertone. There definitely was much more behind Damsey's presence on her ship, and from the comment of her notable passenger, it was trouble that Mal didn't want any part of. Still, it piqued the Nagai mutt's curiosity.

She'd show the CDF officer her guns, more out of simple need to know information in the unlikely event they were boarded. And, after learning about Damsey's true occupation, she was not surprised to know the officer had her own sidearm as well. Mal pushed herself off of the bulkhead against which she was leaning "It ain't much, but I'll show you what I got."

Mal slipped down the passageway from the hold, stopping by one of a number of panels, a touch of a button and a small locker-like door slid open. She retrieved a blaster pistol, which she slid into the empty holster hanging from her belt and strapped to her thigh, then she pulled out the simple stamped steel submachine gun. Passing the galley, she slowed, noting that her bottle was almost empty. The usual second, third and fourth bottle would be neglected this time, with her passenger aboard.

Returning to the hold, Mal laid the gun on a crate. It was small with only a simple folding wire frame stock and a short barrel. "Tenloss PTS-N Partisan." She rattled off the name like she was a weapons expert. When it came to guns, she wasn't. "Its cheap, its small,32-round magazine and it only fires 9x19mm slugs, but in a pinch it can take care of most lightly armored bad guys. I've only used it a couple times. I ain't a solder, my philosophy is to avoid or escape a fight, or get in close... " With a lightning-like motion, the Nagai Tehk'la knife appeared in her hand, the wickedly serrated dagger held lightly in her grasp. "Daddy taught me how to use a blade much more effectively." Mal offered a wry grin. She was a blade girl, it was in her blood. The blade was returned to its sheath at the small of Mal's back.

R A P P O R T

Damsy was listening intently even as she felt up the carbine, a multitasking skill she had long since mastered. She rose the gun and fit the stock against her shoulder to peer down, align the sights, but not before she had checked the fire setting to ensure safety was active. Her finger ran horizontal down the trigger guard, but still, it paid to be cautious. Lives could be lost when assumptions were made instead of double-, triple-checks.
She pulled back from the sights and moved her firing hand to press the magazine release - or, what she assumed was it. She was right, as the metal casing slid out of its nest aided by gravity. Damsy caught it before it could fall further towards the floor and clicked it back into place. If there was even a slight possibility she would need to use this, she needed to be prepared. Know her way around the Tenloss like she knew the back of her hand. Make it an extension of her body.
Next up was cocking back the barrel, an action for which she once again readjusted the weapon in her arms. By pulling the steel bolt back, she revealed a chambered slug. It had been the first time she had gone through that motion in a while; doing so with a blaster would result in grave injury as plasma didn't always act as a solid.
"She's a beauty," commented the Major after Mal had finished rattling off the Partisan's specifications. "Mm, then I'll take good care o' her if we get into a scrap." She set the carbine back down onto the crate as the captain flourished her knife with a smile. Shi'ido mut smiled back to the Nagai one. "Good man," she added, crossing her arms and throwing her weight onto one hip. "'Sure he's told ya, but knifeplay right, and you'll outspeed a blaster or," she tapped the submachine's stock with her almond fingernails - "gun in terms of reaction time. I used to use an electrostaff trident myself. Shocky, but also slicey-and-dicey."
And, without it, she didn't feel entirely like herself.
A Sithspawn and her weapons...
BcjYxQ.png

Mallory Bash

M

Mal couldn't help but watch how Damsy handled the gun. The officer's hands moved with such familiarity, caressing the stamped body, holding the grip with perfect pressure, her long finger clear of the trigger but poised to pull it with the slightest reflex. Such precision, but completely casual, as if the weapon was a back scratcher and she was idly dispelling and itch. It was not a very impressive weapon, cheap but effective. Yet Damsy gave it respect and a good handling. There was no doubt the soldier could use it lethally if they were boarded.

A small smile touched the pale spacer's ruby lips at the mention of her father. She took a swig of her ale as she leaned against the bulkhead with one shoulder. "Not a great man..but I suppose a good one." She agreed. "And yes, at seven meters, I can slit a man's throat before he can clear his holster. Longer distance if he has to turn. "I do much better up close and personal." The half-Nagai grinned wickedly.

"Electrostaff, huh? That's a pretty wicked weapon, takes some skill to swing those around." Mal replied, impressed. "And a trident version..." she whistled lowly, "... even more nasty. You must have been one kick ass soldier." The girl added, drinking again from her bottle, eying the beautiful, mysterious Confederacy officer.

Mallory's curiosity only grew stronger as she conversed with Damsy. A CIS elite forces officer traveling alone, out of uniform, in a random transport for Sith space was enough of a mystery to keep Mal's brain spinning. But the woman's strange reaction to water, her confessions of mistakes and the insistence that any trace of her passage be forgotten rendered the woman supremely intriguing. There was no doubt that bringing Damsy onto her ship had put Mal is some measure of danger. But that was not totally unusual for her. Still, Mal usually understood the nature of the danger posed. With Damsy, she had no idea, other than it was probably pretty bad.

"I'll whip up some dinner in the galley in a bit. Its nothing special, but I do tend to have fairly palatable food on board since I take passengers." She paused a moment, remembering Damsy's strange reaction to water. "Anything you can't eat?".

acabbc07189253c83ecdc9ad8cc7e7ed.gif

R E L A X

Shaking her head in answer, Damsy verbally confirmed a negatory. She had no so-called mundane allergies - just the one species-specific oddity. "I could do with some seafood if you're taking requests, but I'm not picky." The sithspawn had gotten used to simply eating whatever CDF deemed fit and financial to put in front of her, but she was never able to shake the cravings of a water world predator for
or oceanodromous prey. While she might have learned certain civilities since her introduction into greater Confederate space upon leaving her home, facets of nature could not be boot camped out of her.
"Appreciate it, Mal. Imma...uh, return this." Rigidity and awkwardness in tandem swept over the officer, a marked different air splitting her statement, though she tried to hide it by slinging the Tenloss onto one shoulder.
She was quick to not only excuse herself but retrace Mal's steps to the cargo hold. Along the corridor, she found the carbine's home and tucked it safely back inside. "Holler when!" Damsy herself called back to the flygirl before beginning to wander towards her cabin. She found her way well enough thanks to well-sharpened memory and sat down on the bed. Since Mal had armed herself with a pistol, Damsy took the liberty to do the same with her dartgun. As she pulled the first of her signature weapons out of her rucksack, a piece of folded flimsiplast tumbled out with its momentum, landing between Damsy's thighs on the made bedding. She was quick to shove it back into the cloth recesses before fastening them closed again.
Likewise, she pushed the bag away. "I have time for a quick shower?" she called out to Mal again as she returned into the Kart's hall. While it was typically a standard feature of starship refreshers, she was praying for sonic.
BcjYxQ.png

Mallory Bash

M

Mal coughed a soft laugh when Damsy asked about seafood. While Mallory did try to keep tasty food onboard, since she did carry passengers at times, she usually only acquired what was available where she docked, none of which consisted of seafood at the last port she visited. Storage space was limited, so stocking a large variety in say, deep freeze unit was not practical. Though there was a small refrigeration unit with a smaller freeze drawer in which she did keep a few things. Maybe there was something seafoody in there.

The Confederate officer's demeanor shifted in a breath, as if a wall slid shut between them. Mal's weapon was not handed back to her, but instead shouldered by the celebrity soldier. Rather curtly, Damsy slipped by and down the corridor to the weapon locker. Mal's gaze followed the statuesque woman walk out of sight. Brows furrowed at the mysterious beauty. Soon Mal heard the locker door swish open, assuming the gun was being stowed in its place. Then Damsy's voice called down the passageway, Mal's melodic voice lifting to answer.

"Sure, take your time, everything you need is in the 'fresher." Mall called back. While Mal's wasn't sure she would be able to fulfill the request for seafood, Damsy would be pleased to know that Mal had taken the effort to make the 'fresher pleasant, including a sonic shower. It also reduced the amount of washcloths and towels to manage, since one usually only needed a towel to wipe oneself down after the sonic, and no water meant no sopping wet laundry. While the sonic was efficient and had a subtle relaxing effect on muscles, Mal grabbed a good hot water shower whenever she found one in a starport.

Heading to the small galley area, the spacer looked through her supplies. On her own, she may only fix herself a nice full meal a few times a week. But with a passenger, she tried to provide at least one decent meal a day. The rest of the time the passengers were welcome to help themselves to a small choice of small prepackaged, preserved foodstuffs designed to be nutritious and filling, but not overly flavorful. Checking the cold storage cabinet, Mal was surprised to find a few wrapped up Salar she bought for a Bothan spice merchant to whom she offered quick passage when his lover's husband turned out to be the local crime boss. The small fish were rather bland in taste, but with some spice maybe Damsy would enjoy them. Some fresh sizhranian lettuce, cucumber and tomato on hand would make a salad, and ghoba rice to round out the meal.

While none of her options were rich in flavor, Mal had become handy with spices and simple sauces, and she whipped up a reasonable meal for herself and her passenger. She set the small round table with metallic plates and eating ware that were slightly magnetized, keeping them from being knocked to the floor should the ship encounter some form of turbulence, but weak enough to be easily picked up. She waited to pour drinks until she knew what Damsy wanted for her beverage.

ce34538ad43666db74b9f8650674fd65.gif

R E L A X

She did indeed have sonic.

And so the shower went off without a hitch.

She returned to the galley/lounge in her requisitioned blacks. "Water?" she asked, seeing an empty glass at the bar setting she sat at and assuming Mal's own question. "Just...uh, hand me some salt, would ya? Not lookin' to make a fool of myself twice. ...Sorry again." Damsy took the offered single-use salt packet or shaker, whichever had been offered, and deposited a good sedimentation of crystals into her empty glass. It was easier to dissolve this way - before the liquid's addition.

She looked up then, either handing the salt shaker back to Mallory or setting the packet down beside her glass. The sides of her ocean eyes crinkled slightly as she smiled. Her previous, lighter demeanor was back it as quickly as it had gone. She shook her head gently and offered, "Galaxy's weird; I dunno what else to tell you."
BcjYxQ.png

Mallory Bash

M

BasicTinyHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

It was true, Mal may have put a little more effort into the meal than she would have for, say the Bothan merchant who she fed those bland fish to before. Damsy made an impression, several impressions on the young transport captain. The Confederate special forces officer was goddess-like in appearance, tall, fit, gorgeous and carried herself with confidence.

Damsy was intimidating, in that she was a highly trained soldier, and the woman just had an air of authority around her. Not imposing or threatening, just something innate Mal sensed. And the dark-haired stranger was a huge enigma. From her mysterious business in Sith space, to her curious apparent covert departure from Confederate space, to the bizarre reaction she had to simple water. Yeah, Mal may have wanted to do something special for her guest.

Damsy entered wearing another uniform-like outfit that only reinforced that subtle military feel about her. The dark locks of her hair were more lustrous and full, she though too. The half-breed spacer was relieved when Damsy replied, sensing the more amiable tone first heard when they met. "Sure." Mal said with a smile, filling the water glass, not full to the top, and setting it on the table, not wanting to risk a foible by handing it directly to the Kaminioan. She then thumbed a button that opened a long drawer full of small packets of every imaginable form of condiment, as if she had raided every space port food stand and diner in the Outer Rim. She dug out some packets of salt and placed them in Damsy's hand.

Mal coughed a laugh at Damsy's wry comment. It seemed a bit dismissive, as if to explain away all the curiosities Mallory had about her passenger. But Mal wasn't dissuaded, she would just have to work with more patience. "Have a seat." She gestured to the chair closest to the water. Turning, she brought over the pan with seasoned fish and rice, dishing it out onto their plates, trying to make it look as appealing as she could. Next she brought a bowl of salad for each of them, with a generous assortment of dressing packs, probably lifted from a restaurant as well.

"I was able to find some seafood, though I am not sure how it will taste. Its a kind Bothan's eat." Mal explained to preempt any complaint about the flavor of the meal. Once everything was in place, she grabbed the bottle of beer she had been drinking while fixing the meal and sat across from Damsy. With her fork poised in her hand, she waited to watch the woman take the first bite.

"We are making good time. S19 was able to remove an entire jump from the route." Mal commented. "In case you were on any kind of schedule." Mal added rather leadingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom