Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One to Teach; One to Learn

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Devoid of life, the ship was eerily silent on all frequencies. Rarely - extremely rarely - ships might pass through the system in hyperspace, but the likes of marauders could benefit little here. Two planets were barren, dwarven rocks; the last was an ice planet. Orbiting its icy body, a moon orbited it in a tidal lock, relatively thin in its atmosphere. No, there was nothing exciting about this place. Not to the simplest of minds, that is. If either of the Sith tuned into the Force, they'd sense nothing, save for themselves. But out there, floating through the black abyss, the old freighter ever wandered. It was no beauty of a vessel, in any sense. Various sections of its exterior had suffered critical breaches. Its engines were long laid to rest, and most of the systems did not operate on their back up generators. Still, Tennacus would not give it up for anything other than one thing. His apprentice would soon find that out for himself.

Tennacus gave a silent nod to board the vessel. It was not a large vehicle, and Senthral's ship would struggle to squeeze through its gates to descend onto the landing bay. Once they were down, Tennacus rose from his chair and threw his hood back up over his head. "Stay close," he ordered, "and don't touch anything. Is that understood?" The question required no answer, and Tennacus didn't wait around for one. Once the ramp had unfolded for them to descend into the blackness of the bay, Tennacus led them down into the ancient freighter, who had not operated to her full capacity for some 1,000 years or more. Her prolonged life was slowly coming to its dawn. But before that would come to fruition, Tennacus swore that he would take everything that he held of great importance here.

From shattered medical wings to tarnished storage facilities, the two Sith walked through it all. Damage not only existed on its exterior; inside was an atrocity. Wiring, circuitry and old technology laid out in ruins, either torn apart or blown to pieces altogether. For over an hour, the two Sith battled through the treacherous ruined paths of the ship laid out to them, jumping, kneeling and climbing their way deeper into its bowels. Orders were given here and there: Go that way, watch the broken sensors, avoid those pockets of radiation leaking from the fuel rods, and so on. By the time they had reached their intended destination within the vehicle, they relied on the Force to cast luminous vistas to guide their way.

The Master and Apprentice had reached a long and narrow hallway, having passed through some form of laboratory once used to exercise the greatest secrets of Sith alchemy. Tennacus paused at the end of the long path, forcing the two to remain idle before a large, vault door untarnished by the suffering the rest of the ship had endured. Its steel was that of the agents, and many a whispers from the Dark Side called out behind its sealed doors. Tennacus had demanded his Apprentice to wait whilst he tampered with the keypad, still functioning from days long past. Pressurised seals hissed positively upon him entering the necessary commands, and the old mechanisms crooned and croaked as they had done a thousand years ago. Ancient hinges stirred and groaned, until at last the doors parted, allowing them to enter. The Dark Side was intensely strong in there. In the blackest of blacks it called out a thousand whispers, voices of days long passed. But Tennacus fed light to the old, grand room, activating a switch on the interior wall, forcing the room to explode in a barrage of floodlights revealing his most treasured troves and secrets. Only one other had seen this place upon the Sith Lord's reawakening. Now his Apprentice would find out why.

The room was no vault any banking clan would horde their treasures. No, this room was a vast, ascending expanse filled with storage containers, of which many a treasure laid upon their lids. The ancient runic language of the Sith decorated books older than the Jedi Order. Holocrons laid in stacks across both the floors and boxes, teeming with ancient wisdom. Artifacts were piled in the likes of blades and weaponry, infused with Dark Side energy.

"This is it," Tennacus announced. "All of this is what we have come here for. Knowledge older than you can believe. The wisdom of our ancestors, who harbour vague and estranged secrets of the Force. It is through all of this that you will learn to become a Sith like no other. We shall take everything, and then we will finally blow this ship out of existence. Go forth and look while I gather some things, but be mindful of their delicacy. One thing breaks - one spine of a book snaps - and it shall be your spine that snaps with it."

Darth Senthral nodded and obeyed his Master’s words. The threat taken seriously, though maybe threat wasn’t the best way to put it. More like an assurance of consequence, something that was set in stone if he ruined a bit of these treasures. Yet he did not need to be told, his eyes did all the inspecting needed. As he walked along looking at Ancient Sith Treasures. The knowledge here was beyond the likes he had ever seen. More so was not the quantity of it, but the quality. The Future had a standard of improvement in comparison to the Past, but with the Force this did not apply. Things were lost along the way, ancient powers forgotten. Some existed only in script, waiting for someone to rediscover. The Sith Way was one of Life, and in all Ways of Life things changed over time. Even if it was always for the supposed best, many crafts were lost along the way. The Dark Side was like puzzle. Waiting for someone to come along and add another lost piece. The bigger picture was already supposedly known, and yet couldn’t truly be reached without all the pieces.

At the end of the day though, that was simply his perception of it all. His own ideals. Maybe they were right, or maybe there was no right in this Galaxy. Only the one the self chooses to seek out. Right is different soul to soul. Maybe. Either way he would capture his own aspirations, for the greater of the Sith as a whole. He had to. It was a need in a list of wants. A must. “How did you happen upon all this Master?” He asked aloud, though did not raise his voice as to yell. “It’s amazing. Though my description does not do it well enough. I’ve no words that would.”

ChVAW7n.png

Lord Senthral's appreciation came nothing of a surprise. Long ago, even when Tennacus had long familairised himself with the hoard, he often stopped to bask upon its many offerings. A great many of things still dwelt there he had not uncovered, but there was one box in particular he sought after. A large, black container was mounted on another in the back of the room, marked with the ancient runic Sith symbol for his initial. It was the Grand Plan - everything he considered worth studying, all contained in one place. Old research promised him how to obtain things very few Sith had, and one thing in particular he had long sought after. Silently, he made his way over to the container, dragging it down across the floor to open it. He knelt down with his back to his Apprentice and started to search through his old archives of data, Holocrons, texts and artifacts.

"In the days of my apprenticeship, my Master and I conducted several expeditions in search of ancient Sith wisdom. Korriban was a treasure trove of secrets in its ancient past, with many promising aspects in relevance to the Dark Side. There was one thing in particular that we were- my Master, originally, was trying to accomplish, but I believe he died before he discovered the secret. My former Apprentice and I took up the mantle and searched ourselves for the answers, but her desire to overwhelm me relayed our studies. But I believe you and I will come to discover the answer ourselves."

The sound of Tennacus' rattling through his personal hoard came to an end when he retrieved an exceptionally beautiful blade from his possessions. It was a weapon of gleaming silver, engraved deeply with the Runic language of the Sith, and heavily saturated with Dark Side energy. Under the right performance, it might be subject to alteration. For now, he decided to place it in the reach of his Apprentice. "There's many things you and I will come to discover together, but I suggest for now we begin returning this to your ship. We are going to establish a place of operations, you and I, Lord Sentrhal. A place only you and I must ever know of, and reduce to ashes in the event of its exposure. I have a sum of roughly 11million credits for us to use to purchase materials for the establishment of a facility, but I need your knowledge of the galaxy to guide us to the cheapest and most understanding of merchants. Our purchases must remain in ultimate discretion."

ChVAW7n.png

“Fortunately my Master, I believe I can find us just the merchants. I will not fail you. My desire is with furthering the Sith, and for now I know I can not do so alone. My personal search for freedom is naught without other Sith. One who believes they might do everything alone is unwise to think so.”

His own personal ideologies, even if his Master did not share them. They still would work together, they were Master and Apprentice. He had much to learn, and Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus much to teach. He took the blade in his own hands and admired it, for all the chaos that stirred in him, he was far more careful than he knew any Jedi capable of. “My knowledge is at your beckoning, as your own has been at mine.” Words of respect, not meant to be flattering complimentary, but fact in his eyes. His eyes saw much, now they saw a beautiful blade. An ancient artifact, and one he could feel the importance of without any amount of firm grip on it. A testament to the Dark Side’s connection in him, and it’s powers that flowed among these relics in great amounts. He couldn’t help but think the former apprentice must have been a fool. See beyond immediate power, and you shall obtain far more in time. This was the way of things, and always had been. Perhaps not all would see True Freedom before their eyes one day. At the very least he would, and he did not hope that notion. He knew it for fact. Another must.

ChVAW7n.png

"Be mindful of that weapon," Tennacus added amid his search through the container. "Understand it's power. It can harness the power of your Force Lightning, concentrating it within the blade. When you strike an enemy with the blade infused with such power, it will release an electrical discharge in the form a generated explosion. Make sure not to hit yourself with it when under such infusion."

Tennacus did not further quote on Lord Senthral's ability to see the task at hand through. He did, however, retrieve a credit chip from within his cloak, with a denomination of 2million credits within its archives. In a quick glide through the Force, he sent it to his Apprentice's hand. "Hopefully this should cover the expenses. Just ensure you employ those who know how to maintain discretion. But before that, I need you to take me to a illegitimate merchant so I can purchase my own vehicle. We will begin taking this stock on board your craft, and from there you can take me to someone who can deliver me a good ship."

ChVAW7n.png

“Yes Master, I could tell it was a weapon that required due caution when you handed me it. Though I cannot say I immediately knew of it’s abilities.”

Of course he could tell, both were attuned to the Dark Side of the Force. Him and the weapon, perhaps in different ways, but still attuned. It was like the way his Master read through his own emotions, saw what he felt. Whether it was a blind fit of rage and sorrow, or a honed chaos ready to be unleashed very precisely. Again he listened to his Master’s other words, now holding both the sword and the credit chip. “Well then, let’s get to loading shall we? I know just the merchant, a nice selection of ships. I’ve always been able to negotiate with him, and as long as nobody asks where he got them, he’s quite tame.” With that he tied the sword into the same holster he would his lightsaber if he did not stow that away in his cloaks. Away the chip went into his cloak along with that very lightsaber.

“Let’s get loading then, myself with due caution.” He assured, though he knew the weight many of these relics carried, he knew not the fragility of them. So he awaited his Master’s beckoning.

[/CENTER]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom