Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Natural light detected: 100%

Circes made her way through the crowds, sighing at the scan, her protective suit covering her from head to toe. The large amount of people in the city made the young woman uncomfortable, and as such she waded through them with head down and arms wrapped around herself.

It had been nearly a month since her Master, Muab, had gone missing. Circes had no idea where he was, and no idea what to do except chase after ghosts of information in an effort to find him. Unfortunately, she wasn't having much luck -- at least, not in the information-gathering area. As for survival...well, let's just say even she was surprised she was still alive.

In any case, the young woman had traipsed across the galaxy, eventually landing on Lianna. Someone somewhere had told her they'd seen someone resembling her Master's descrition, and as much of a long shot as it was, Circes knew she had to take the chance. It was the only lead she'd had in...forever, really.

But that didn't mean she had to enjoy the planet. There was just so much sun. Even the dry air was starting to affect her, making her skin itch and yearn for a cool shower, refreshing lotion, and darkness!

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Circes Litai"]

This was not a world she came to often.. mostly because coming here meant being out of silver jedi space and around business people. She wasn't like them, she wasn't about the credits she was about helping which could cause conflict. Slowly though with a small smile, Matsu moved about the city while she held her hands over the pack on her shoulder. She had some of her gear and credits but mostly she was just here to make a deal or two and trade for information. She had found some clues with Vulpesen and another with Anastasia, Aika and her were going to go off and search but there was a few things she needed to work with... mainly finding more information and here on this world was always a good place.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[SIZE=medium]Hands clasped over her head in a position that seemed as if she was taking cover from something, Circes continued to keep her head low. Even so, she could sense that, despite the multitude of various individuals, she was getting strange looks. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The girl sighed. Not for the first time, she wished that she could be normal. Sure, the heightened night vision was a plus, and she considered her violet eyes to be uniquely lovely, but suffering burns the moment any light graced her skin wasn’t worth it. And one would think that, having spent her whole life like this, Circes would have been used to the odd looks, but that was far from true. It still made her uncomfortable to be stared at.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Making it all the more distressing that her Master was gone. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wrapped up in her own musings (as depressing as they were), Circes didn’t notice the woman until it was almost too late. She bumped into her rather hard, eliciting a gasp from the albino. “Oh, I am so sorry!” Circes exclaimed, her voice made slightly distorted by her mask. “Are you alright? I didn’t mean to bump into you…”[/SIZE]

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu felt someone bump into her and she moved with it, her body twisting a little so she stayed upright while checking her equipment and credits. A pickpocket was just as likely as an average person bumping into her. "It is alright." Matsu stood there looking the girl over though with the force as she spoke. "Are you alright." Matsu backed up just a little while she stood there and brought her hand up to brush her robe off.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[SIZE=medium]Circes tilted her head down slightly to look at the woman before her, a feeling of relief welling up when she realized the other was fine. She, however, rubbed her arm a bit. It hurt a little from impact, but the albino was certain within a few minutes the pain would fade. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]At the woman’s question, she nodded and dropped her hand. “Yes, I’ll be fine. Nothing appears to be broken…” On impulse, the girl used the Force to gently probe the other’s mind. In truth, it wasn’t anything intrusive – more like a quick glance, at best. What she found was titillating – this other woman was a Force User! And she seemed friendly enough. Perhaps she’d be willing to teach me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Normally, Circes wasn’t one for starting introductions, but this time she again felt a compulsion. Sticking her hand out in a friendly manner, the girl said, “I’m Circes, Circes Litai. I’m glad I didn’t hurt you. What’s your name?” Alright, maybe not the best introduction in the galaxy. But it’d have to do. [/SIZE]

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu stood there when she felt it, a mental graze was something you had to know to feel and avoid while she raised an eyebrow. She didn't sense anything malicious in it, no ill intent meant but her mental barriers remained up. Cleansing her mind to prevent mental attacks as the black orbs of her eyes met the girls face. Taking in more of it while she heard the name Circes... a curious name as Matsu spoke. "I am Matsu Ike a jedi within the Order of the Silver jedi." She bowed her head while straightening and the petite jedi waited to see what she planned to do. "What brings you to Lianna?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[SIZE=12pt]Circes felt herself straighten up slightly when the woman, Matsu Ike, mentioned she was a Jedi. Well, a Silver Jedi. Are they a branch of the original Jedi Order? she wondered absently, retracting her offered hand and bowing instead. Well, no matter – a Jedi was a Jedi in her opinion, and the Jedi would certainly be able to help! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“It’s a bit of a long story,” the girl said almost sheepishly. “But…I’m looking for my Master. Well, sort-of Master. We hadn’t really known one another for very long.” Circes stopped, wondering how much she should tell Matsu. It had just occurred to her that Matsu might be lying about being a Jedi. No, that’s silly. Why would anyone want to pretend to be a Jedi to a stranger? Rubbing her palms on her legs, the girl continued. “See, we’d barely begun training together when he just…vanished. I’ve been looking for him, but so far I haven’t had any luck. Lianna was the only lead I’d had in a long time.”[/SIZE]

[member="Circes Litai"]

[[ah your internal dialogue I keep confusing for stuff I can hear]]

Matsu looked at the girl and had a small smirk on her face. The girl seemed to be thinking loudly as the jedi stood there leaving her eyes to go back. She wasn't listening she was just paying attention but spoke. "Then we will have to go and look for him." Helping one find their master was a big thing but who knew what else there might be. "Come and lead the way." She offering a smile and another bow while moving her feet quickly to back up a little. Senses going out as she felt for anythign on the world. "Now where were you supposed to find him?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[SIZE=12pt]Underneath her mask, Circes grinned widely. Finally, someone willing to assist her! Perhaps this wouldn’t be such a daunting task, after all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Bowing back to this intriguing woman, the girl gestured for her to follow as she weaved through the crowd. “Well, I had received a tip that my Master had been spotted in a local bar, down in the not-so-nice area of the city. According to the source, it was a recent sighting, too.” What she didn’t say, though, was that she wasn’t completely sure if the tip was accurate. She’d had so many dead ends so far, all she could do was hope, now. Hope that the lead would be fruitful. Hope that she’d become close to finding Muab.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hope that her Master hadn’t died before they’d really gotten to know one another. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]((I’m so sorry for the delayed reply – I could have sworn I’d replied ;~; ))[/SIZE]

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu looked at her and gave a nod. "Then we shall start there, there is information even if it isn't accurate. We might gleam something from the patrons." The jedi let out a small breath and held a smile on her face for that as she was thinking about it. Motioning with her head. "Come on then, this is your master. Lead the way and I'll be here to help."

[[no worries]]

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[SIZE=12pt]Circes grinned behind her mask, even though she knew Matsu wouldn’t be able to see it. Gesturing with her hands, she said, “If the map I read was right, the bar should be down this way, up to the left, and then we…” As she walked, the girl continued to list off the directions with a confident air about her. There were few personal abilities that the human had faith in, but her mnemonic memory was one thing which she was proud of. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The girl also pointed out things about the city to Matsu, little things that she’d come across while researching the city. Just little tidbits that, in the grand scheme of things, probably didn’t make a difference. But when Circes got a chance to demonstrate her knowledge about things, she took it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Eventually, the streets became less pleasing, the crowds became seedier, and the buildings had a darker look about them. The girl noticed the change and found herself staying closer to the older woman, even though most of the people stayed away to begin with. Leaning in slightly, Circes whispered, “We should be close, now. We’re looking for The Burly Droidbreaker Tavern.” As the girl scanned the streets, she caught sight of a group of beings standing in a tight group. One of them looked at the pair with narrowed eyes, and Circes quickly lowered her gaze. I hope we don’t run into any trouble, she thought. [/SIZE]

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu was looking at all of it, the city was many thing but she wasn't one to take it for granted or as a sign they were safe. This world was dangerous to the unwary which as they got into the less and less clean areas she was taking in more of it. A nod of agreement when the girl got closer but she shifted so her saber was displayed on her hip for ones to see and even when it wasn't ignited would deter most from trying to mess with a jedi. She had a few ideas of what they might find though while she was going down towards the bar the girl mentioned. "An interesting place, I hope your master is well and thought this out. The ones who do business here do not like people mostly jedi on their world. We'll have to be careful and ready to go should problems arise."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The sight of the lightsaber was enough to deter the group from trying anything, and they prompty turned their backs on the pair. Circes relaxed slightly, though she still remained near Matsu.

"My Master....wasn't necessarily a Jedi, so to speak. I don't really know what he was, to be honest." Hastily, she added, "But he wasn't a Sith, either -- at least, not a Sith that the other Sith liked. The night we met, there were a pair of acolytes who attacked him."

Eventually, the bar came into sight. Loud music and noxious fumes -- probably from the substances being smoked -- poured out of the entrance, which had no doors. A drunk was laying against the wall, snoring loudly. Circes tugged gently on the Jedi's sleeve. "I guess it's now or never, right?" she asked, only a trickle of her trepidation leaking into her voice.

As the armoured girl stepped inside, the patrons paused in their conversation, turning all eyes on the newcomer. Feeling very self-conscious about herself, she read the light display. Reading the light display always made her a little more comfortable, a little more calm.

0.01% Natural Light Detected. 8% Artificial Light Detected.

Turning back, Circes asked quietly, "Do you think the bartender will know if my Master was here?"

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu looked at her as she took in the sight of the patrons in the bar and spoke. "Possibly, it is hard to know what they know but a bartender is perceptive. The other hard part will be determining if he wants to share such knowledge should be know one way or the other. That is the real trick." She said it with a small smile though on her face and walked forward towards the bar moving her hand slightly not to persuade but to get the attention of the bartender as she spoke looking up at the man. "My companion has some questions and we would be most pleased if you could help." Her eyes remained on him but senses were going around the room as she pulled her hand to her pocket and withdrew several credit chits putting them on the counter.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The bartender swiped up the chips with an ease that spoke to having completed this motion many times before. Then, testing them with his teeth, he slid them into a pocket before turning to Circes. "Yeah?" he grunted.

Oh boy, she thought. This was it, this was the moment where she discovered if her mission was a failure, or not yet dead. Taking a deep breath, the girl removed a small datapad from the side of her belt. It was a sorry-looking thing, one which she had had since she was a child. But it served her purposes well, and the albino found no rea to be rid of it.

Typing quickly, she pulled up the only picture of her Master that she could find -- a wanted poster. Holding it out to the bartender, she asked, "Have you seen this man? Human, taller than me, short dirty-blonde hair, and glowing blue eyes? There's also a bit of a stubble on his chin."

The bartender barely glanced at the picture. "No."

A bit of pleading crept into her voice and, shoving the datapad further, she begged, "Please, you didn't even look at it for very long! Please, please, please look again! Are you sure no one like him has come in?"

The bartender, irritated, knocked the datapad away and sent it tumbling to the floor, where it broke. "I told you lady, I ain't seen a single fellow who looked like him! That's all I know, so unless you wanna get kicked out, I suggest you quit your begging." Harrumphing, he turned his back to the two women and began to talk with another patron.

Tears stung the girl's eyes, but she couldn't wipe them away. That would have meant removing her mask, something she was loath to do in a place like this. Instead, she knelt down beside the scattered parts of her datapad, scooping them together and looking at them dismally. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I dragged us all the way out here for nothing."

[member="Circes Litai"]

Matsu looked at the man and made a small face at how he was brushing her off well the girl at least. She was here for the moment as a background until needed while she listened. The results were not favorable while she backed away and bowed a little letting the man go off to talk with another. Her eyes flicking to the girl and a hand rising as Matsu spoke. "It is alright, there is no problem with it and we might yet find something. You just have to know where and how to look. Now clear your head and refocus yourself. Look within and search for that cord that is with your master, filter out the rest, me, the ones around you and search to find that strand."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom