Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship One Sith "Avenger" Class Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:
16829d1337272430-new-sci-fi-wargame-archangel-interceptor-e1336848372192.jpg

From Google Images
Model: Avenger-Class Interceptor
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Titanium Hull with Duraplast, and Durasteel Reinforcement, and G-35 Armor Plating; The cockpit has transpiresteel.
Classification: Interceptor
Length: 11 meters.
Height: 6 meters.
Width: 4 m meters.

Armament: 10
-2 Dual Light Laser Canon spread across the hull, offering excellent defensive/offensive coverage.
-1 MG2 General Purpose Warhead Launcher(url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M-g-2_general-purpose_warhead_launcher)(Can Launch proton/concussion missiles of a wide variety, as well as the armaments for the MG2 General Purpose Warhead Launcher)
Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
-Standard Targeting Suite/System(Advanced Targeting Computer,Heads Up Display, Combat Multi-view Display, Tracking Computer, and Targeting Link Up Helmet)
-Military Grade Deflector Shield Generators
-Standard Life Support System
-Standard Sensor Array Aural sensor, Dedicated Energy Receptor, Electro photo receptor)
-Standard Communication Array(IFF Transponder, Holographic Display, Subspace Transciever, Ion scrambler, Holo-transmitter)
-Holonet Transciever
-Lateral Control
-Standard Grade Engine and Maneuvering Systems(Twin Ion Engine, Inertial Compensators)
-Solar Ionisation Reactor

Maneuverability Rating: 1
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: N/A
Strengths: -Shield Systems : The interceptor has better shields than something for its size.

-Maneuverability:As you would expect from an interceptor, the ship has excellent maneuverability, and speed systems, making it an ideal interceptor for those that wish to use it.

-Weapon’s Rate of Fire: The Dual Light laser canons offer a high rate of fire, each dealing ½ the damage of a medium repeating laser canon

-EMP/Ion Weaponry: The ship is highly resistant to ION & EMP weaponry, due to the duraplast reinforcement.
Weaknesses:
-Weak Hull: The ship has a weak hull.

-No Hyperdrive: The ship has no hyperdrive, making it rely on a carrier to be able for to be able to travel in the galaxy

-Fuel Systems: The ship doesn't have the best fuel systems in the galaxy, mostly because if the fuel part of the ship is hit, it will explode in a somewhat violent manner.

-Speed: The speed is still fast, but for an interceptor, it’s somewhat sub-par.

-Laser Canon’s Damage: The damage of the laser canons overall aren’t that impressive.

Description: With his recent promotion to Lieutenant General, Krayzen Dratos, a member of the One Sith began to observe the ships of the OS. He had heard, especially from the OS Navy crewmen that the OS Navy could not much the power of other navies, and the general opinion(at least from what he heard) was that the OS didn't have good ships. Krayzen instantly ordered for the "Iron War"(couldn't think of a good name) to occur, in order to help the OS Navy, and the ship builders that support the OS course produce quality ships. After years of constant design, and hard work, the first ship, the Avenger Class Interceptor was created.

The armor comprises of Titanium, strong metal, with duraplast reinforcing electrical, and critical systems like the weapon, shield, and engine systems, of the interceptor. One Sith also made sure that the ship would have a G-32 Evasive Armor Plating in order to make sure the ship would also maintain the maneuverability and speed that interceptors are most famous for.

The interceptor also possesses a standard deflector shield system that is common with most interceptors in the galaxy; as most people know, the deflector shield system protects against kinetic weaponry like concussion missiles, and mass drivers. It also protects against energy based weapons like laser canons. Drakos System made sure to add in lateral controls toward the interceptor, making sure that one could refocus a shield’s intensity toward another point of the ship.

As with most ships, the ship is not without its weaknesses. For instance, this is designed purely for battle-usage. Things like a hyper drive were not considered; additionally, the titanium & durasteel hull makes the hull strong, but it is evidently not as strong as other starfighters. It's speed is also considerable, but for an interceptor, it' sub-par.

Ultimately, the ship performs well as an interceptor, and is a good ship for One Sith navy pilots.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/81238-the-wasps-of-the-sith/
Intent: To provide a mass produced, and excellent interceptor for the One Sith Navy.
Who Can Use This: Members of the OS only.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Looks like a solid sub, it looks like there might be some broken hyperlinks in there to fix (it happens pretty frequently to me too).

Krayzen Dratos said:
Model: Twin Ion Engine
Model is typically the name of the ship class, so I think you may want to change this to "Avenger-class Interceptor".

Krayzen Dratos said:
Armament: 3 -2 Dual Light Laser Canon spread across the hull, offering excellent defensive coverage -1 Missile Launcher(Can Launch proton/concussion missiles of a wide variety; the maximum amount is 6. )

I'd suggest an armament rating of 10 for this; by weapon count, this is a pretty typical weapon loadout for an interceptor.

I'm a bit hesitant about modular warhead launchers that aren't very defined in their payload. I'd suggest adding in there that it can carry up to 6 warheads the size of concussion missiles. Alternatively, I might suggest using the M-g-2 general purpose warhead launcher instead.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Hyperwave signal interceptor
This sensor is a bit large for a starfighter this size; I'd recommend removing it.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Ion scrambler,

This is another item I'd suggest removing.

Alternatively, you can keep the Hyperwave signal interceptor and the ion scrambler, but I'd list that as a strength like "advanced avionics". With that, I'd like to see another weakness added to this vessel to keep it balanced.

Krayzen Dratos said:
-Hull: While its hull is strong, for starfighters, it is not strong, inheriting the highly durable, but low density hull that titanium is famous for. The ship is somewhat denser due to the durasteel reinforcement, but the hull is sub-par compared to other starfighters.
This seems a bit confusing to me. Is the hull strong or weak compared to the average starfighter? I'm guessing it's weak since it's listed as a weakness, but the description seems conflicting to me.

Krayzen Dratos said:
-Fuel Systems: The ship doesn't have the best fuel systems in the galaxy.
Can you expand on this? What makes them bad? Do the systems not carry a lot of fuel, have a bad fuel source, or are they vulnerable to attacks, etc?

1) Titanium as a metal is extremely strong; it has a high rate of durability, but it is also somewhat denser than other metals, therefore making its overall strength not good; I'm pretty much stating its overall hull is strong, but it isn't as strong as other hulls that are made of something like Quadrinum Steel and Titanium.

2)Removed the HIS staff; I kept the ion scrambler.

3)In terms of the warhead launcher stuff, I think personally with the amount of weaknesses outweigh the amount of strengths I have, I was hoping that I could have a modular warhead launcher to be able to balance it out. Alternatively, would it be ok if I used the general purpose warhead launcher you linked, and then increase the speed rating by 1?. :D

I also fixed the hyperlinks.

Any thoughts?

Krayzen Dratos said:
1) Titanium as a metal is extremely strong; it has a high rate of durability, but it is also somewhat denser than other metals, therefore making its overall strength not good; I'm pretty much stating its overall hull is strong, but it isn't as strong as other hulls that are made of something like Quadrinum Steel and Titanium.
This isn't a weakness then. If something is average or above (such as an average or slightly better than average hull strength), it's not weakness. This will have to be changed to reflect that.

You can keep above average hull strength if you come up with another commensurate weakness for this design.

Krayzen Dratos said:
2)Removed the HIS staff; I kept the ion scrambler.

A starship submission generally can have one special system without development. I see two special systems on this right now: the ion scrambler and the advanced targeting computer. You can pick one of these, or keep both with a ten post development thread.

Krayzen Dratos said:
3)In terms of the warhead launcher stuff, I think personally with the amount of weaknesses outweigh the amount of strengths I have, I was hoping that I could have a modular warhead launcher to be able to balance it out. Alternatively, would it be ok if I used the general purpose warhead launcher you linked, and then increase the speed rating by 1?. :D
I don't see any issue with using the M-g-2 General purpose warhead launcher as is. It's a pretty standard system that's balanced as it is, so I don't think there's any need to make any changes to the design to incorporate it. However, I would ask that you hyperlink it to the wookieepedia article so that people know what it can carry and its capabilities.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Image Source:

Can you put a link here to the website where you found the image?

Squadron Count:
Usual Squadron count is 12. It can be fewer ships though if it is more powerful than normal, or a larger number of ships if it is less powerful compared to a normal interceptor.

As an aside...

Krayzen Dratos said:
-Shield Systems : Drakos Systems made sure to install a Military Grade Generator Shield System/Generator, making the interceptor have better shields than its fellow interceptors, and starfighters.
It's okay to say that your ship has somewhat stronger shields than normal for its class (with a valid weakness or other explanation), but I'd be careful with relating it to other designs. Most interceptors and starfighters carry military-grade deflector shields. In general, I'd recommend staying away from defining other people's subs or tech work or act in your own submission.

I'd rewrite this as "the Avenger-class Interceptor has stronger shields than normal for its size", or something to that effect.

1) Wouldn't it be a weakness considering the fact that(Titanium Hull)was what made the durability of TIEs bad, other than they didn't have a deflector shield; additionally, every ship, from my understanding, would have a strong hull to protect against the various unknown forces in space, but in terms of the hulls for it's class, its bad. I'm pretty much stating that the hull is strong, but not that strong compared to other interceptors of its class. Just like the way Yoda stated he was strong in the force, but not that strong. I also believe that I've seen descriptions that pretty much state the same thing in the approved section of the sub-forum.

2) I added in a link; sorry about the bad hyperlinks. Idk why it isn't working when I linked it before.

3)I'll do the dev thread.

4)Would it be possible for myself to add that there are redundant standard shield generators in the shield? In terms of the warhead launcher, I just wanted to be clear that I meant having modular missile launcher as a strength so that I can have the same amount of strengths, and weaknesses. It doesn't really matter now, but I just wanted to address that.

5)Edited my description on the shield strength; I also added a link to the source.

6) Apologies for not doing this sooner, but I also put the squadron count, and I changed the model name to the "Avenger-Class Interceptor"

[member="Gir Quee"]

Dev thread is finished :http://starwarsrp.net/topic/81238-the-wasps-of-the-sith/

Krayzen Dratos said:
1) Wouldn't it be a weakness considering the fact that(Titanium Hull)was what made the durability of TIEs bad, other than they didn't have a deflector shield; additionally, every ship, from my understanding, would have a strong hull to protect against the various unknown forces in space, but in terms of the hulls for it's class, its bad. I'm pretty much stating that the hull is strong, but not that strong compared to other interceptors of its class. Just like the way Yoda stated he was strong in the force, but not that strong. I also believe that I've seen descriptions that pretty much state the same thing in the approved section of the sub-forum.
I agree that there is a certain durability needed in a ship's hull for spaceflight. For simplicity's sake, make this a weak hull. Strengths and weaknesses are generally listed in comparison to baseline stats of similar items.

Krayzen Dratos said:
)Would it be possible for myself to add that there are redundant standard shield generators in the shield?
If it was your only special system, I'd be okay with it. But this ship has a lot going on with it, especially for a mass-production ship. We're talking about a pretty lengthy development and moving this ship to minor production.

Krayzen Dratos said:
-Fuel Systems: The ship doesn't have the best fuel systems in the galaxy, mostly due to a bad fuel source.
What makes this fuel source bad?

[member="Gir Quee"]

I removed the Durasteel, and edited the weakness.

For the fuel source, I stated it was a solid fuel source that made it bad; I'm not good with this area, but I remembered reading that a liquid rocket fuel system is better than a solid one, so I just decided to add that in. Is that sufficient?

I also am willing to srap the ion scrambler for redundant shield generators. Would the current development I have be sufficient enough for this?

Krayzen Dratos said:
For the fuel source, I stated it was a solid fuel source that made it bad; I'm not good with this area, but I remembered reading that a liquid rocket fuel system is better than a solid one, so I just decided to add that in. Is that sufficient?
Most Star Wars ships use ion engines, which typically means that the exact fuel source shouldn't make much of a difference. Unless it's unusually volatile or fuel-inefficient compared to standard.

Unless you're thinking about real-life rocket systems. There are some Star Wars ships that used chemical rocket drives, notably the Trade Federation's Vulture Drone fighters, which use a solid fuel slug of some sort. They're reasonably fast, but they also have a limited flight time.

Which option do you want to pursue?

Krayzen Dratos said:
I also am willing to srap the ion scrambler for redundant shield generators. Would the current development I have be sufficient enough for this?

Add somewhere between 5 and 10 posts into it, and that'll be fine. The more quality the posts have, the fewer posts will be needed.

Krayzen Dratos said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

Ion engines?
You've got a couple of options then. It could be that the fuel source is very volatile, meaning that it explodes pretty violently if hit or jostled. The fuel source might take up a lot more space than normal or is just inefficient, meaning that it either has a shorter operational range than most interceptors or a limited flying time before it needs to get refueled.

Once this part is figured out, this will be ready for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom