Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction One Mans Trash (Agents of Chaos)

Scintilla Space Construct
The Unknown Regions

When Salem Norongachi had first set foot on Eve, the capital city of Agents of Chaos, his first thought had been that ‘construct’ didn’t quite do the engineering feat justice. Not quite a planet, not quite a station. Its artificial skies too close, yet so high the mind boggled. Whatever the opposite of vertigo was the lizard part of his brain that recalled the safety of an earthen tunnel somewhere in Humanity's distant ancestry, experienced it and recoiled in acute discombobulation for several seconds.

That had been nearly eight months prior and many more immigrants like himself driven by the promise of a better life, idle curiosity or because they had no where else to go flooded into the city proper and the interconnecting hub of spheres. He’d watched entire areas of the city, preconstructed and waiting for inhabitants, flourish and swell as the administration built to meet and then exceed demand. Sentients found their niche in this strange new not-world and life, as they say, just got on with it.

But for every success story there are a dozen where lady luck grimaced. No matter what planet, species, society or governmental system there would always be the haves and have nots. People who underestimated the material wealth needed to start again or overestimated their own personal worth to the overall job market available (There's a call for jugglers and mimes, but it's usually in the low double digits and after awhile the novelty tends to wear off) and those people became the outliers. They moved to the ragged edges of society and made the best of what they had while trying to make the best (Usually with a polite poke of something sharp) of what everyone else had. Thus the slums, like slums the galaxy over, had come into existence.

If it wasn’t nailed, riveted, welded and under heavy guard, the people of the slums used it for construction. The buildings were a slapdash mishmash of metal sheets, synthetic plastics, and patchwork tents. Somewhere, in some other part of the city, a worksite foreman was having to explain why a full pallet of twenty feet wall panels had mysteriously vanished into the night and if the same foreman had taken a wander through -for lack of a better word- the main promenade of the slums he’d have seen suspiciously familiar walls, roofs, signs and tables made from shiny and, coincidentally, similar material that had cost him a weeks pay and his balls being raked over the metaphorical (Although it was a close thing at points) coals.

Norongachi liked the place, there was something refreshing about knowing that everyone around you would stab you in the back for the shoes off your feet, it certainly saved on the worry. He’d found himself a squat building in those early days and while the occupants were reluctant at first they changed their tune when he deposited enough credits to catapult them to the upper echelons of slum society (Which put them below janitorial droids but much higher than jugglers and mimes). It became the Kark Off. It wasn’t his first choice, but after a fashion the name stuck. Not that he’d bothered with a sign to advertise the name. Those that knew the Kark, knew the Kark and he’d been here for his entire duration on Scintilla, plying the grubby and honestly violent residents of the bulkhead side of the Slums with booze of varying purity and questionable ingredients.

The interior wasn’t spacious, scattered with battered tables that might once have spent life as a park bench, and a small bar at the back. There weren’t any shelves behind it glittering with bottles of rainbow coloured liquids just waiting for a bar fight to kick off and a chair to kill his profit margin. Anything that could be smashed by accident or design was secured under the bartop. It was a lesson learned.

Still, despite the possibility of grievous bodily harm being only a look, sneeze or a misplaced word away, he did a steady trade. If anyone needed to drown reality like a bag of mynocks, it was the residents of the Slums.

Sal opened his eyes on a familiar ceiling, ‘Best Speeders In-’ it proclaimed although he never had found out where. From it hung a bare bulb, unlit, and beneath that was a rug on a floor of mismatched wood and plastic. His bed sat atop it, and as he moved to sit up the entire room creaked ominously, like at any moment it would fling itself apart. A window lay just above and to the right of the head of the bed, weak artificial light streamed through its glass, illuminating dust motes that moved lazily as if they had everything figured out.

He stood, stretched and winced as the base of his spine sent an age warning to his brain. His clothes lay draped over the back of an old wooden chair (A real started out life with aspiration of being a chair, chair) and he picked them up, walked to what passed as a ‘fresher and returned several minutes later clothed. It wasn’t his usual attire, because the attire of several life times ago was either an expensive suit or an equally expensive set of head to toe combat armour, both of which would have bought the slums twice over. Besides, clothes make the man, or so he’d heard, and he had no intention of bleeding on the front lines or risking a corporate board meeting (Both sets of attire were interchangeable for this purpose, he had always felt.) any time soon. So he wore a simple shirt, sandy brown in colour, and equally non-descript trousers. There wasn’t much call for anything else as a barman, especially in a crap-hole like the Kark.

The door to his private room was solid, a heavy bolt and key number, probably lifted from some detention center somewhere, and he pulled it aside. The room itself was adjoined to the back of the main building, opening up on the left hand side of the bar after a short hallway. There were another two rooms off to the right but there wasn’t much call for lodgings in the Slums,(It wasn’t the type of place you vacationed for one, and if you had any family there they weren’t the sort you’d ever want to visit on public holidays) so they were used mostly for storage; replacement tables, empty kegs, that sort of thing.

His hand found the light switch and the empty bar and bare tables were illuminated by a dull artificial glow. It was the type of light that cast deep shadows in all the right corners where a privacy conscious patron might want to have a quiet chat with other equally private sentients about totally legitimate business opportunities. It took a few minutes of drumming a tuneless rhythm onto the bartop before he felt ready to face the day, and then flung open the doors to the street. He got behind the bar and like any self respecting barkeep surreptitiously set about cleaning a glass with a not-so-clean rag.

“Another day in paradise.” he spoke quietly.

Last edited:

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk had appeared at the bar. He had a hectic day with, well, just alot of stuff. He just got rescued by a group of people that asked him to join their faction. He, reluctantly, agreed. Black did, however, vowed to find out why Agents of Chaos wanted him. Is it because they were trying to use him as a tool? Were they trying to kill The Red Dragon?

Black Hawk sat down. He was tired and exhausted. He wondered what his next steps should be while he ordered some blue milk and some type of dessert.

Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi

Sal had just enough time to get a particularly stubborn stain from the bottom of the glass when the first faces began to show. It wasn’t that he ran a bar with dirty glasses, it was that he ran a bar in the Slums where sometimes you put them in the sink and they came out a whole lot worse. (Most of the water being siphoned from Eve’s mains which was either coming from or going to reclamation. It wasn’t something they liked to think about).

He didn’t know the regulars by name because he didn’t ask and they dained not provide them. The set up suited them all fine; Sal got paid, they got drunk. Everyone was a winner and no one was overly bothered should one of them end up quietly drowning in their own vomit down one of the myriad alleys the shanty town had to offer.

They growled their orders at the bar, settled down to their assigned seats (Earned by the ancient custom of ‘Dibs’, but with a more defined promise of violence if it wasn’t respected) and not long after the barkeep made his rounds, a tray filled with pints of beer and the occasional low grade whiskey. He tucked the tray under his arm as the last of the pints found its future, although temporary, home. It was precisely at this moment someone new walked in the door. No one bristled, the room didn’t grow silent with the forboding promise of murder most foul (It takes a decent run up to most foul, and a hangover coupled with the rattling of alcohol withdrawl would have made anything beyond a crawl seem like a herculean feat), everyone just stared into the promises that lay at the bottom of their glasses.

“No milk. No desserts either.” he responded to the newcomer as he passed his table. “I can do you booze. We call it beer and whiskey but that's just to add a touch of class to the place.” he added as he got back behind the bar and deposited his tray under it. Luckily the sentient had chosen to sit at a table fairly close, so he didn’t have to raise his voice that much.

Black Hawk

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk did not care. He just wanted to have SOMETHING to drink. He was hot mad and wishes to kill one person and one person only, Mike V'Trechen. Mike needs to burn in hell.

"I do not care," said Black Hawk. "All I want is a Bespin Fizz and a side of blood. I am really mad. Please do not say anything else to me. Thank you. I appreciate your cooperation."

Salem Norongachi's dark eyebrows rose quicker than a teenager on the seedier parts of Zeltros but he was a professional and simply flicked a switch. It illuminated a gaudy holo-sign behind him; "Beer and Whiskey!" it proclaimed with flashing arrows pointing at the words. They didn't have brands, they didn't have makes. They were brewed locally (In an old boot or a bathtub, if you were lucky.) or so much a mongrel that if homeopathy were to be believed, it would get drunk on memory alone.

With that done, he worked his way around the other patrons. It was stupid to ask if they wanted another and equally stupid to refuse them. He gathered up the empties three to a hand and set about refilling, all the while humming a tune. Tray reloaded he took them to where they needed to be and then back to his station he went.

Aside from the occasional slurp, squeak of a chair leg or expulsion of gas, the bar was quiet. He took a rag and gave the bartop a polish, soaking up any wayward ring marks and enjoyed the silence. Some people couldn't do that, they thought of silence as crushing or oppressive but having been crushed, quite literally, Norongachi was of the mind that these people had no idea what they were talking about.

Black Hawk

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk went to the bar table and looked a little pale. He is just tired and upset. It has been a while, since he gotten a good night's rest. He saw the bartender and walked over.

"Can I please just have something to drink?" asked Black Hawk. "I am just tired, mad, and upset. I just cannot think. Give me the hardest drink you have. I do not care what it is."

Green eyes flickered over the mans face and he gave a quiet nod before setting to the task. He fished a bottle from under the bar, set it down between them, and pulled two half glasses from another small shelf before placing them on the stained wood. "Thats all you had to say." he replied while pouring two fingers in each, then after another look at the man, added a third to his glass. He nodded toward the weak amber liquid and picked up his own measure. "A word of advice from a humble barman? That stuff won't help you think any clearer."

The bartalk had been the hardest to grasp for Salem. He'd spoken at length with bartenders from every world from the Core to the Rim, had spoken thoughts that the Galaxy was never meant to hear, but he was Kark'd if it was easy when he was on the other side. He actually had to care for a start, and he did, after a fashion; people drank more with conversation and an airing of their unmentionables.

Black Hawk

Black Hawk

B
Black hawk sat down and took a sip. He just needed someone to talk to. Espically with the whole sibling rivalry, after the Brother War. Black Hawk would have died.

"I am Black Hawk," said Black. "My real name is FIreson V'Trechen. You, no doubt, heard of my brother, Mike V'Trechen. Lets just say that our parents left me at a foster home for years. When I found out who my parents were, I killed them. I actually saw that I had a brother that night, but I took pity and did not kill him. After years on the run, I got trained a little bit in the Dark Side. I decided to kill Maria Fel. Mike found out and decided to track me down. He decided that, instead of killing me, stranding me on Mustafar. I was lucky that I had a friend with Scherezade deWinter. She recued me after a year. Now, I am here. I had a bad life, dude."

That makes sense, he thought, as he took a drink and listened. Now that he turned his attention to the kid, he could taste the Darkside seeping from him (It tasted not unlike the 'Beer' the Kark sold, an earthy day old corpse that had yet to vacate its bowels, but only just). He reached for an empty pint glass, picked up a rag as Black Hawk went on and subconsciously set about cleaning it.

"I don't really follow news beyond what you see here and out there. Rough." he said with a nod, because what he'd heard was. A look at the kids face told him all he needed to know without the details; the ride from there to here hadn't been a pleasant one for mind, body and soul. "So what are you going to do about it?"

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk looked at the bartender. He does not know WHAT to do about it. Black knows that he cannot show his face in very public situations, for fear Mike would know.

"I honestly do not know," said Black. "I am just trying to learn more of my skills with the Dark Side. I really just want to have my revenge against my brother, but he is powerful now. Espicallly, with his new wife and faction."

"Time is on your side, Hawk was it?" this was the first time someone had walked through the door and introduced themselves. Somewhere in the last eight months the general vibe of Slum mentality had seeped into his bones and he had forgotten his manners. "I'm Sal by the way." he threw it out there like an afterthought, it was probably that look the kid had. He'd been there himself, countless times.

"Like I was saying, time is on your side." the rag squeaked against the glass in his hands. "You either get strong enough to see it through or someone who is knocks him off for you. Its a win by proxy, but a wins a win in a Galaxy like ours." he looked at the glass with a critical eye and set it down, before picking up the remnants of his whiskey and tossing it back. "Either way," he uncorked the bottle again. "I never met an issue that looked easier on one drink alone." he refilled his own glass and topped off Black Hawk 's.

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk gulped down the rest of his drink. He was getting a little lightheaded, but he did not care. Black was just so frustrated. He put his cup down and burped.

"That is ANOTHER issue," said Black. "There are far and between Sith Masters here in this faction. I mean, I do not know who to go to or who to trust. I am basically having to start over."

Sal watched Black Hawk upend his glass and finish it in one and no sooner had it hit the bartop, Sal had refilled it. "Strange place, stranger faces. You'll find your feet if you give it time." he replied, taking a mouthful of whiskey.

He knew, in a round about way who the Agents of Chaos were but hadn't the slightest idea what made up their number or who constituted the Darkside guru in their ranks.

re3GLA.png

Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi Black Hawk

She was not the Dark Side guru that was going to do that. Even without holding an official leadership role, Scherezade, as one of the Firsts, was regarded as one of the leaders within the Agents of Chaos, and her schedule was full to the brim with things to do just because of that. Between leading missions that were a mish mash of participants from all around the divisions, to going on solo stuff, to occasionally sleeping, there wasn't too much free time left in the Sithling's hands.

Anyway though. For days, Scherezade had been battling those who had attacked Eve. Most of the attackers had been dealt with, their bodies flung into space to float until some planet's gravitational pull grabbed them and they then would burn crisp and cease to exist while entering orbit. As far as the vast majority of people in Eve were concerned, the threat was over and done with, and life had gone back to resuming as normal.

But everything wasn't back to normal just yet.

Scherezade had been using her special skills by virtue of being a Blood Hound these last few days to hunt down those that remained. Her mind throbbed with the expansion of the blood index held within there, and she had gone as far as into the tunnels beneath the city to hunt those who thought they could hide and signal for a pickup. Or just hide. The tunnels went deep, and there were a lot of things down there that a person wasn't truly meant to see.

Why Discordia had chosen to build them like that, Scherezade wasn't sure, but she knew their twists and turns as well as she knew the back of her hand. Not, because she had designed them, but because they mimicked the tunnels beneath the Forbidden Temple so perfectly, and there were things that you never forgot, not even after 700 years, not even if you were but a baby the last time you had been in them.

Still, the last one was a brute that had properly defended himself. Scherezade had almost been blown to pieces, and it was by luck and a boost of an adrenaline stim that she had managed to take him down. But in the fight, her commlink broke, and she had to make her own way out of there.

The nearest exit had taken her to the Slums. Not really a first choice, but only because it wasn't an area she knew as well as the rest of the city. Still, she knew what the building was, the very first one her eyes had fallen on. A cantina. Or bar. Or whatever the locals wanted to call it.

Her armor was ripped in several places. From a few different angles, one could easily see the bits of wepon leftovers stuck in her. It had been so long since she'd been dubbed as the best pin cushion in the verse, but considering she assumed she had a precious few minutes left before the adrenaline and shock wore off and she started to feel it, she wanted to get something yummy inside her stomach.

Don't ask her about priorities, she's a young woman. We never get our priorities right.

Dragging herself in, Scherezade didn't notice that every step she'd taken had left a print of blood behind her. It didn't matter. No one cared about cleanliness in the slums. And she certainly wasn't taking a look at who else was there. Why would anyone she know be in the slums? Most of the active Agents kept better lodgings or didn't reside in Eve anyway.

With a grin, she sat herself by the bar. "Cream, hot, boiling, please," she said with a smile, "and a platter of bantha wings. Or whatever else you've got deep fried. All the deep fried."

Essada pushed her way into the bar, carrying a long metal pole in each hand.

"I 'found' these on the way over boss. We'd need to secure them somewhere, but I'm getting really tired of dancing around your mop." She glanced down at the path of footprints across the floor. "It looks like it has another job lined for it, anyway." She sighed dejectedly, knowing full well that she was the only person who cared about it - and by extension the task fell to her.
She made sure to walk around the blood as she dropped the poles onto the counter and moved over to the closet to retrieve Oscar, but not for the usual duty of performing a foxtrot or tango.

As she started her mundane task, she reassured herself that this was still better than the last place she was working. The guy behind the bar didn't even ask for her name and still hired her. She hadn't caught his either, she guessed that's the way things worked around here. It made her uneasy, but she could still go outside and had a place outside of the bar to sleep, regardless of how bad it was.

"Its your money," Sal responded to Black Hawk with a once over glance of Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter . "We don't do food though. There are hygiene laws and unfortunately the Slums isn't fit for service."

Sal found another glass that looked like it needed his attention and set about it with a rag when Essada Termiss Essada Termiss made her entrance. The girl had quite literally been a buy one get one free. He'd opened a crate of entirely legal goods and there she'd been; Half dead and more than half naked. She did good work though and the Force knew he wasn't going to clean up all the lost teeth and bloody marks left after a Saturday night.

"Stick 'em storage and then, yeah, the Saturday night special." he responded to her before casting an eye back to the leaking blood bag. "Do you need a Doctor because there's a guy up the street, he isn't terrible at stitches but then again it depends on the time of day and how much home brew he's had."

Everything on Black Hawk's tab? Scherezade blinked in surprise, and then shrugged. It was a gesture. She could accept it. So she shrugged, and did, making herself more comfortable as she did so.

"You could be a touch gentler with him," she said, raising a brow, "he's going to get us the drinks we're ordering, you don't wanna give him cause to spit in your glass."

Turning around, she glanced at the complaining Twi'lek, not entirely sure what she was complaining about. Wasn't blood prints on the floor a normal happening in these parts of town? She didn't feel any special leaving those behind. But still, with a shrug, she left a few credit chips on the side of the bar for her. If the bartender himself would try to do something about it, she'd just remove his arm. That, she was certain, was totally legit in this part of town.

Turning back to him, she was more focused on the no food bit to notice he was offering her a doctor.

"Food, not a doctor," she said, shaking her head, "How rude is it gonna be if I order takeout to come here? I can buy you a round of bantha burgers too if you're hungry. Your lekku friend as well."

Black Hawk

B
Black Hawk was happy. He did not really care about the food. Black was just happy that one of his best friends was there. He just sat down and listened to her.

“So,” said Black. “How are you today? Are you having a good day, Scherezade? I know that I am.”

Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter Essada Termiss Essada Termiss

Last edited by a moderator:
Essada froze in the middle of swabbing as she processed the words that the barkeep had spoken to her. She had lost track of the days and hadn't brought the heels or musical instrument to perform the special routine. Not much she could do about it now, she figured as she mopped up enough of the footprints so that she wouldn't slip on the blood.

She tried not to draw too much attention to herself and blend into the background as much as possible as she retrieved the metal cylinders and place them in Oscar's room, as instructed. He probably won't notice or care, his attention seemed more heavily invested in the two people trying to place an order. The conversation was lengthier than she was accustomed since she became employed at the Kark Off. She was curious but made the decision that it was best not to eavesdrop.

She entered the cleaning closet and closed the door behind her as she started to get dressed for her show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom