Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Man's Food

There was a long pause as Marrow considered the question, a frown spreading across his brow.

It was not terribly visible, of course, as he was still hiding behind the torn-off slab he used as a shield.

"My purpose is to hunt and learn." He did not sound entirely certain, but it was what it was.

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"Hunt and learn?"

Sofiel canted her head to the side, seeming to actually mull that thought over. Then, she smiled. The calm smile that spread over her face. The same that never met her eyes.

"No orders, but, would you like to make a deal?"

Felix Astermo Felix Astermo

A deal? Marrow considered that prospect for a while.

She would ask for something of significance in return, no doubt, but could it still be worth it? She had a strange kind of power and might well be able to offer truly esoteric things. Things he could not hope to steal or seize.

"I am listening."

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

"Do not eat the Sith. This man here is your last meal from them." She motioned to the body on the floor beside them, but didn't turn her gaze from him. She kept those eyes on him exclusively, just in case the deal didn't go how she wanted.

"In return, I'll give you those you can eat. A place you can live in, if you'd like that."

Marrow was not a fan of restrictions, but he could see the merits of her proposal. For one, it would safely extract him from the current situation - but playing along and then 'defecting' could accomplish the same thing.

Beyond the immediate benefit, there was the promise of a steady of prey to consider - and the implicit promise of information about the world he found himself. Marrow had to admit, especially after receiving the clarity brought about by a proper meal, that his intel was lacking at best. He barely knew the difference between Sith and Jedi, for one.

"Your terms are acceptable. Mostly." A long pause followed. "If I ever have to defend myself from a Sith, I will not waste their life force." How liberally he would interpret 'self-defence' depended on the society he found himself in.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Do not kill Sith, unless you are defending yourself."

That made no difference to Sofiel. Her deal was much of the same, after all. What was self defense, what wasn't, that was still up in the air for her, but it would work, right? She stepped over, raising a hand, extending it out.

"Agreeable?"

It was agreeable, but Marrow still spent a little while considering it - and another short pause figuring out the handshake. It was how these people traditionally sealed their bargains, if the impressions he was getting from the consumed prey were being interpreted correctly. A strange way of doing things, but Marrow did not care one way or the other.

With the hint of a shrug, he reached out and shook her hand - likely squeezing harder than decorum dictated.

As far as he was concerned, it was better to appear aggressive than weak, when in an uncertain situation.

"What next?"

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Next?"

She reached up to stroke at her chin, deep in thought for a moment. What was next? Technically she was here to apprehend and eliminate the threat to the Sith. Technically she had, by turning it into an ally. That's what she could put into her report. Darth Temerant Darth Temerant would accept it, surely.

"Oh! Of course. We should find you a place to stay. Is there a place you'd prefer?"

Tilting his head in consideration, Marrow gave that some thought, then shrugged.

"No." Realising that his statement provided too little information, he quickly elaborated. "I am... unfamiliar with the state of the Galaxy. I have only visited the jagged wartorn place and a few less chaotic locations. Like this place." It was likely not entirely clear that 'jagged wartorn place' meant Exegol, but then he had not gotten the name during his brief stay.

All he had was the scent of some particularly frustrating 'Jedi' prey.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Oh."

She tilted her head, really going into thought this time. So he was, in a way, similar to her? Still learning how this galaxy worked and how the laws and rules truly affected everything. Well, that was her desires to learn at least. He seemed like the type who didn't want to be beholden to such rules.

"Then why don't we go visit a city together?"

A city? A compact gathering of sentient lifeforms?

Such places made for decent hunting grounds, but he did not imagine that was what she had in mind. Still, he was not opposed to learning more about the various types of prey that claimed the Galaxy as their own.

All the better to eat or exploit them, of course.

"An acceptable suggestion. Purpose?"

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Purpose? I suppose to better learn how to mingle with the people in this galaxy."

For him or for her, was the real question. How she answered left it pretty up in the air. And she didn't linger on it either. Instead, she stepped forward, past him, kept her eyes forward even as he was probably still somewhat on edge.

"Ready? Or do you need a moment to.. Change back."

Marrow answered with action, not words; stretching his limbs one by one, he pushed himself back to a more normal state, then went further yet. When he was done, he could easily pass for some sort of near-human.

Albeit a rather creepy one, as exemplified by eerie eyes and overly angular features.

"Shall we... mingle?" He seemed much less confident at the prospect than he had when he was attempting to tear out her throat and feast on her life force. That sort of thing felt a lot more natural.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Of course. I'm an expert."

She was, in fact, not.

Sofiel lead the way from the morgue with new bodies and broken slabs, uncaring of the mess that would have to be dealt with. Darth Temerant Darth Temerant would see to it that things were fine. He always did, right? Perhaps that was the folly of her confidence. Or maybe she just didn't have it in her to truly care. And so, two of the least human people around left with the intent to blend in with the people around. She'd lead the way right to the street, turning her gaze around it curiously before glancing back towards Marrow.

"What is your name?"

Marrow took her word for it. Compared to him, she seemed reasonably 'well-adjusted'.

Following her out of the morgue, he did his best to look 'normal' - walking without striving to be soundless, blinking on occasion, and not eying people like walking, talking treats. The works, in other words, though the blinking could use some work and the last point was a work in progress. Especially in regard to particularly tasty-smelling lifeforms.

"Marrow," He responded in a clipped tone. After a pause, he opted to elaborate. Somewhat.

"Marrow will do."

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Marrow it is."

They certainly got odd looks, the pair walking through the street. The not quite human predator. The what should be a normal looking human with a black, white masked bird perched on her shoulder. The average person gave them quite the wide berth, but Sofiel either didn't care or seemed none the wiser. No, instead she continued to lead them through with a seeming purpose. A seeming purpose, for sure.

She paused in the middle of an intersection, reaching a hand up to tap her chin.

"I don't actually know where we are."

Marrow patiently followed along, ignoring the attention of the mewling prey in the process.

Let them look. If he ever decided to hunt them, they would not find him so easily detectable.

As Sofiel admitted that she did not have a particular destination in mind, Marrow glanced around and then shrugged. "Does it matter? It's all the same?" Habitation. Commerce. Industry. Habitation. Commerce. Industry. Some places were cleaner than others, some more crowded, some brighter. The differences were fundamentally shallow, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom