Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Last Time: The resignation of Caoimhe Crannach

GalidraaniDivider.png

OBJECTIVE: One Last Time: The resignation of Caoimhe Crannach

Allies: Andien Gale Andien Gale
Enemies:
Neutral:
Equipment:Equipment In Bio
Song: One Last Time

She entered the building calmly. She was in her old Galidraani officers uniform. It was a strong statement of her purpose here today but it was one she needed to make. She approached the office and spoke to the secretary.

“Commander Caoimhe Crannach to see Admiral Aiden Gale.

She gripped the handle of her briefcase gently the flimsy contained within had the formalized version of the conversation she was about to have.

GalidraaniDivider.png

Coruscant wasn't where Andien would have liked to be.

Her strike force was typically stationed on the edge of the Alderaan Sector, deployed in uncontrolled space where the Empire had once been the closest threat to the Alliance. Her strike force was scattered there, following leads on would-be Imperial Warlords and pirates. It was also simply closer to home, which she adored.

Coruscant was the opposite of Alderaan. How did one manage to create a living space with less greenery than a space station? She'd grown up on the Ascension, the temporary home of Alderaanians hundreds of years ago after the destruction of their planet and inside was...Well, it somehow had cleaner air than the Senate District. She sighed heavily watching the cloudcars and speeders fly by.

Her com dinged. A visitor? She furrowed her brow. Commander Crannach? She didn't know the name.

"Send her in."

Caoimhe Crannach Caoimhe Crannach

GalidraaniDivider.png

Enemies:
Neutral:

She nodded her thanks to the secretary as she was let in. She paused once she arrived at the desk technically speaking she didn't have to as she was off duty and out of uniform so to speak.

“Thank you for seeing me so quickly Admiral. Normally I would take this kind of conversation directly up my direct chain of command but given its nature I thought best to not wait on getting the time to speak with them.

She opened her briefcase and pulled out a large stack of flimsies which she briefly organized before placing them neatly on the Admiral's desk.

“My apologies for jumping around in the chain of command to do this Admiral."

GalidraaniDivider.png

Andien quirked a brow when the commander entered her office. She walked with an imperious confidence that reminded her of some of the Admirals she'd served under in her own youth. She stood to greet the commander, offering a quick salute when the woman did not offer one.

"Commander," she said, a question in her voice. "Please, sit." She took her own advice and sat back in her chair, pulling the stack of papers to her. Brown eyes scanned the flimsi documents, her brow furrowing with every page. Crannach. Where had she heard that name? She opened up her datapad and scrolled through a list of naval officers in her strike group and then expanded her search to Battlegroup Kenobi and then the greater 5th Sector Fleet of which she was ultimately a part of. There she found her name.

"Defected from the Empire just before the battle of Tython," she murmured, "Saw action there and later on during the campaign for Empress Teta..." She knew the battles, though she hadn't been a part of either military action. She and her strike group had been off fighting more traditional Maw Raiders and their blasted Path Engine driven warships in Chiss Space.

"You have quite the record with us," she said, though when she smiled it didn't reach her eyes. She didn't much care for Imperial defectors, especially not after their betrayal at Ilum.

"What is it that you are here for today?"

GalidraaniDivider.png

Enemies:
Neutral:

She returned the salute internally kicking herself for letting herself be so distracted by the situation she forgot the formalities. She at the Admiral's offering. She took a breath before answering the question.

“Simply put ma'am as is formalized by those the documents before you I'm here to tender mine and the resignation of a selection of those of whom serve under me."

She let out a soft sigh and her posture seemed to straighten like a great lift had been removed from her shoulders.

“Not all of us of course since we have come to the Alliance a number of us have settled down and started families. Then of course the replacements sourced from within the Alliance wish to remain with the Alliance an act I cannot begrudge them for. We could have just ran of course we done so once before but we wanted to do this right."

GalidraaniDivider.png

Andien sighed and set the stack of flimsi onto her desk and folded her hands on the wood. Resignation? And so many together...Well, it definitely set the claxons in her ears ringing.

"You understand the position you put me in, yes?" She waved a hand over the stack. "Everything looks in order and I double checked...You've already submited the forms formally. Except that instead of going to your own direct superiors you've come to me to sign off and send them up the chain."

"You were already defectors, allowed for the most part to keep your rank once you joined the Alliance due to the lives you saved with the information you brought to the Senate. But now, should you leave and join some other military it will be my hand that will have sealed the documents and sent Alliance secrets to a potential enemy." She shook her head.

"It is doubly suspicious that you are taking with you some of the officers that you came here with as their documents are also present. While it is none of my business, I have to ask. Are you leaving one military to join another?"

GalidraaniDivider.png

Enemies:
Neutral:

There is something to be said here about knowing something was coming and actually dealing with it in the moment. Did she know the position she was putting the Admiral in by doing this? The answer was yes. Had that position been a consideration when the officers and enlisted had the meeting that led to this conversation admittedly no not till much later in the conversation.

"Yes ma'am and you have mine and the apologies of those under me. Unfortunately we knew that the burden would lie on someone's head regardless which is the same reason I'm here today in person to deliver papers rather sending over the wire I wanted to bear the responsibility of it myself."

She nodded at the Admiral's statement and withdrew a second packet of flimsies and placed those on the desk.

"Yes ma'am we accounted for that. This packet has the sworn non disclosure agreements of all those accompanying me including myself. A detailed list of all ships of Alliance make that were remanded to the dockyards. Along with an itemized list of all weapons, technology, fighter craft, small ships, etc that were removed from the ships of the former New Imperial Order make. Finally a detailed scrubbing of all classified and unclassified data was performed on droids and vessels. We were exceptionally thorough ma'am in preparation."

Those preparations had been largely first on the list of things discussed as they all knew the more thorough they were in them the easier their departure would be. She tried to keep the wince off her face at that last question. It was the one she had dread the most and the answer she was least confident in.

"Technically no ma'am. That would require us to enter the service of a formalized military which simply put isn't an option. We're returning home to Galidraan ma'am which as you may or may not be aware is currently under the control of the so-called Empire of the Lost. As you can imagine, that raised more than a few cries of protest. So simply put ma'am we aim to return to Galidraan and free it from the Empire of the Lost's control or die in the effort. Given that even our status as former Alliance service members will cause controversy in the Alliance, it is why we are undertaking as much effort now to distance ourselves as to cause as little turmoil as possible."

GalidraaniDivider.png

Empire of the Lost...She'd seen the upstarts come across her desk, though she still wasn't sure if they were just unruly warlords capitalizing on the Empire's implosion or if they were a new, more organized force. She hadn't known that they'd taken Galidraan though and she sympathized with the officer. Had she been of age when the Sith held her homeworld of Alderaan...Well she would have returned home to fight as well. She offered a sad smile and nodded, understanding.

"I didn't know that," she said sadly and sighed, taping away at a few keys on her datapad.

"I've finalized your resignation and sent it up the chain. You should hear back in a few days."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom