Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One hand down, one foot up

GEAR: Lightsaber | Jedi Robes
TAG: Ceri Fraissi Ceri Fraissi

FS3Gb3Y.png
Vayl's body moved with grace and precision as he practiced acrobatics in the Jedi training grounds. His every motion seemed to defy gravity, but in truth it's just years of built up training that allowed him to move around with such a grace that seemed second nature to the man. With a powerful leap, Vayl soared through the air, limbs outstretched like a bird in flight. They flipped and twirled, executing a series of intricate maneuvers with astonishing fluidity. Their movements were as effortless as a dancer, each step purposeful and deliberate. As he spun through the air, their robes billowed around them like ethereal wings, catching the light and adding a touch of theatricality to his performance. Vayl's eyes gleamed with determination, their focus unwavering despite the complexity of the acrobatic routine.

All well and good, until that one foot tried to land on a narrow ledge, resulting in a slip and fall to the ground. A hand pressed onto the ground, blocking some of the impact that would've been hard but nonetheless, his body slammed down on it's side. He took a few seconds to catch his breathe until he got back up again, patting down on his robes. "Oof. Goddamnit. I can never seem to get that one down." when he's starting and during a routine? As far as he knows, he's perfect. It's when the routine starts to reach it's end that he messes up sometimes. Over time, he's practiced consistently to try and nip it, but now it's just annoying.

Deciding to pick the nearest padawan as his target for the training routine, he made sure to grab their attention with a wave before walking over. "Hey! Mind helping me with this? I just need someone to yell at me or keep a track on me while I practice my acrobatics. I'll uh... shout you a dinner sometime. Or a lunch. Whatever you prefer."

banner2.png

SPARKY
GARDENS | CORUSCANT TEMPLE
TAG: Vaylaar D'artagnan Vaylaar D'artagnan

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

Life couldn't get better.

She was at the Temple for a change. FINALLY. She enjoyed jamming with the boys, but being couped up in the Bright Knight could get tiring after a while. So thankfully, Starlin Rand Starlin Rand decided his very eccentric Padawan needed surface time and dropped her off.

So she had her headphones on, bobbing to the beat while sitting cross-legged in a little flat area of the Gardens. Many other Jedi complained at her because of it, but her own Master seemed to realise that this was her way of meditating.

Some people found it weird though. They couldn't figure out how keeping your eyes open and music blaring in your ears could equate to meditating, but here she was - doing it.

There were some other Padawans and Jedi around in the Gardens, but she didn't pay much attention. That was, until one of the other Padawans was waving at her as he walked over. Bit older than she was but still cute. Probably them Zeltron genes. She pulled the earphones back.
"Hey, sorry, did you say something?" she asked. Only then did she realise that she recognised him. He had been on Eadu as well.

"Hey! Mind helping me with this? I just need someone to yell at me or keep a track on me while I practice my acrobatics. I'll uh... shout you a dinner sometime. Or a lunch. Whatever you prefer."
Ooooookay? Weird request, but who was she to judge? She bullied her master into teaching her how to play the guitar, sooo....
And she could make a new friend out of the deal. She loved the lads, but being stuck in their company almost constantly had her needing new friends. Not she complained about Eli's puppy.

"Sure! What do you need me to yell?"

FS3Gb3Y.png
Vaylaar D'artagnan's eyes lit up with appreciation as he realized she had agreed to assist him. He gestured toward the open training area, where patches of soft sunlight filtered through the gaps in the stone walls. "Just keep an eye on my form and give me feedback," Vaylaar replied, his voice filled with anticipation. "And if you see any areas where I can improve, don't hesitate to let me know. Yell it out, if you must. Constructive criticism is the key to growth, right?" he wasn't sure why he's suddenly acting like a wise Jedi. Is it to impress her, or is he really in that mindset? It's hard to tell, it could be both honestly.

Vaylaar prepared himself, stretching his limbs and shaking off any lingering doubts, the atmosphere seemed to shift. With a deep breath, Vaylaar leaped into action. His body became a flurry of motion, twisting, spinning, and somersaulting through the air. The acrobatic display was a marvel to behold, a seamless symphony of strength, balance, and grace. The last cartwheel unfortunately failed, and he failed to hold his balance as he tip-toed back involuntarily to try and regain his balance. The sight seemed to be witnessed by a few Jedi. Padawans who shamelessly laughed, Knights who didn't laugh, but were critical in silence.

His anger showed itself, anger at himself for failing yet again. He performs the beginning and middle part exceptionally well, but when it comes to closing up his routine? He struggles. He looked towards his new friend, arms shrugging out. "What do you think? What am I messing up on?"

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

Huh.

Like she was one to ask about keeping an eye on form. She wasn't exactly perfect herself when it came to stuff like this. She was still stuck on Form I because her mind wandered too much.

But maybe she could see something that could help.

So she shrugged but smiled.
"All right. But I won't yell at you. That's not cool." she said before shifting her seated position a bit so she could see him better as he moved to the more open area. Shouldn't be too hard to watch him anyway.

And it actually wasn't.

He moved far better than she ever could. It was strangely intimidating while still amazing to see. She should really work harder. Although, Starlin didn't have too many issues with her when he's training her. He didn't expect wonders from her. He focused on her strengths and interests. But looking at Vaylaar now, she wondered if she had to expand her horizons.

But then the Zeltron seemed to make a mistake toward the end. It was only then that Ceri noticed that others had turned to watch as well. While she tried to put her finger on the issue he had, they found it funny, which caused a very rare frown to spread on the Chandrilan's forehead. Why couldn't everyone just get along and be nice?

"What do you think? What am I messing up on?"
She could see his frustration. So she replaced her frown with a big smile and bounced up and over toward him, her wireless earphones around her neck now.
"I think I figured it out now. You're thinking too hard. It's like you expect to mess up." she said. "Here, try this." She removed the phones from around her neck and held it out to him enthusiastically along with the musicplayer. "Stop concentrating so hard, listen to music instead and just feel the movements. Let the Force do the rest." Music made everything easier for her. Starlin even showed her how to use music to cast spells. Perhaps it could help him too. "I have a bunch of different music on there. Go through it and see what works for you."

She bubbled back and sat down again, looking at him expectantly.

FS3Gb3Y.png
Vaylaar stared at Ceri for a moment, his brows furrowed with a mixture of curiosity and skepticism. He took the offered wireless earphones and music player, turning it over in his hands as if unsure of what to make of the suggestion. The frustration that had weighed upon him moments ago now mingled with a hint of intrigue. Curiosity getting the better of him, Vaylaar inserted the earphones into his ears, the faint hum of music filling his senses. The rhythmic beats pulsed through his being, resonating with a vitality that he hadn't expected. As the music took hold, Vaylaar's muscles seemed to loosen, his body responding instinctively to the melodies that flowed into his ears. He closed his eyes, surrendering himself to the music and allowing it to guide his movements.

The Force seemed to dance alongside the music, weaving its energy through Vaylaar's every motion. His acrobatics took on a newfound elegance, each twist and turn an effortless expression of his connection to the Force. In that moment, amidst the pulsating melodies and Vaylaar's graceful movements, it became clear that the Force worked in mysterious ways, guiding them toward unexplored avenues of enlightenment. During the last step once more, he almost fell, but caught himself instead. A significant improvement compared to outright falling down.

He smiled, walking over to Ceri. "I can't believe you were right. Music helping me get rid of my doubts... huh." he's not quite sure what to say to that. He felt like masters and other Jedi wouldn't approve of this method, but he gave them back to her. "Thanks for that. It's... helped." and with that, it might be good to take a break. He needed time to process what had just happened anyway. "Can I help you with anything now? Favor for a favor, I owe you big time."

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

Ceri grinned.

Clearly it did help to give him music. It just proved again that music was the cure for all issues - including the Force. It made her feel good to know that her own freakish thing actually helped someone else.

He moved better, still not 100% on his end move, but definitely better. When he finished, she actually clapped and bounced up and down as onlookers dispersed, clearly bored that he didn't fail again.

"I can't believe you were right. Music helping me get rid of my doubts... huh."
She smiled at him.
"Music fixes everything." She nodded. "Granted, it does help if your master is cool with it also. If they support it, it only makes it even better when you use music during your training." she added, thinking of the fact that Starlin really used her quirky habits to teach her funky Force powers.

"Can I help you with anything now? Favor for a favor, I owe you big time."
Ceri waved his offer away.
"Nah, I'm just chilling for a bit. I might hit you up at some other point though to teach me some of that stuff you just did." she said. "I'm just glad I got a friend out of this." She grinned. "I won't say no to lunch though." She was starving.

She got up, dusting herself off, and held out her hand.

"I'm Ceri, by the way."

FS3Gb3Y.png
"Teaching you some moves sounds like a plan," Vaylaar replied, his voice filled with enthusiasm. "Consider it a future favor, and I'll make sure to show you a few tricks. And lunch? Definitely. I know a great spot nearby. Consider it a date." he eagerly said whilst his hand gripped her own, shaking it. "Ceri, it's a pleasure to meet you," Vaylaar said, his tone sincere. "I'm Vaylaar, but feel free to call me Vayl." his hand then parted from her own, turning around with his head still turned towards her, beckoning her to come along.

With a bit of a walk, there's one place that came to mind; it called itself the "Galactic Grub", it's a popular spot amongst Jedi, offering a comfortable atmosphere and a diverse menu to suit various tastes. The restaurant's exterior boasted a mix of sleek metal and warm earth tones, inviting patrons inside with its inviting glow. Upon entering, the sound of chatter and the aroma of delicious cuisine filled the air, creating an ambiance of camaraderie and contentment with mostly Jedi Padawan already there.

He took a seat at the front of the establishment, hoping for Ceri to sit along with him, if not the opposite side of the table. "This place is pretty good. You rarely see knights or masters here though. Always assume they're too busy or they moved on from this place. Not sure." a few options came on the menu for him. "I'm going to get... a stellar stuffed prawns, and a galactic sunrise cooler." the drink sounded really sweet, and he's honestly more excited about that than the food itself. "Anything got your eye? Remember, it's on me. Don't hold back."

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

She grinned at his excitement.

It was epic to actually come across someone that could keep pace with her own energy that wasn't her master for a change. And one more person that would appreciate music! The prospective band was growing.

Though a slight blush did brighten her usually rosy cheeks slightly at his mention of lunch being a date.

It was quickly covered up, however as they shook hands.
"Nice to meet ya, Vayl." she smiled before bubbling after him as he led the way to the joint he knew of. She wasn't super familiar with all the places on Coruscant as she didn't spend a super lot of time at the temple. Starlin preferred teaching them on the Bright Knight instead. So it was awesome to get out a bit and see the places one can hang out in.

AND THERE WAS MUSIC ALL AROUND!!!!

She all but skipped into the restaurant with Vayl, one of her favourite bands blaring over the speakers.
"Why am I only now learning of this place?! It's a scandal that I haven't been here before!" she all but squealed.
"This place is pretty good. You rarely see knights or masters here though. Always assume they're too busy or they moved on from this place. Not sure."
"Huh. Their loss though. They should get out more. Skip the serious stuff for a spell." she said as she almost bounced into a seat next to him, grabbing a menu. "I heart Sithspit." she mused almost to herself as she bobbed along to the band's newest song.

"Anything got your eye? Remember, it's on me. Don't hold back."
She grinned. "Not gonna lie, this tip-yip wrap looks like it can be good. And then some quint-berry juice, please." she finally decided.

"So how the heck did you learn of this place?"

FS3Gb3Y.png
"I stumbled upon this place during one of my solo excursions," Vayl replied, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. "I've always had a knack for discovering hidden gems, and this one just happened to be on my radar. The ambiance, and the mouth-watering food—it's a perfect spot for fellow padawans like us." When Ceri mentioned the tip-yip wrap and quint-berry juice, Vayl nodded in agreement.

When both orders were placed, his eyes scanned over her once more. A natural intrigue. A hand held up his chin, with two fingers extending over the bottom of his jaw. "So... You're not like other padawan I've met. They're either stick ups, a little on the edge or somehow completely eccentric. You're all three at the exact same time." or at least, that's the impression he's had so far in the short time he's known her so far.

"It's like you carry a galaxy's worth of joy with you. Could I have some?" he played it up a notch, but he did mean that. Her energy felt infectious.

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

Huh.

He was an explorer. That was a bonus she could definitely make use of more often to find other fun places.
"Then it's official - you'll be designated tour guide." she grinned at him in response. She needed to see more of Coruscant. Being couped up in a ship most of the time had its drawbacks, even if she was training through most of it.

"So... You're not like other padawan I've met. They're either stick ups, a little on the edge or somehow completely eccentric. You're all three at the exact same time."

She gave him a confused, questioning look.
"Stick ups? On edge? Is that really what a lot of us seem like?" she asked him, genuinely curious. It was concerning if they did. Not very nice if they do. What's the point of being Jedi then?

"It's like you carry a galaxy's worth of joy with you. Could I have some?"
She gave him a parsec-long smile then.
"I keep none of that happiness for myself, silly. I mean, it doesn't help anyone to get upset about stuff. We're all alive and that should be something to be happy about. Living life and enjoying it." she said happily. "And music really does fix everything. So being happy is free for anyone." She never could understood why people had to keep dwelling in the past and be all serious, cranky or sad. It wouldn't reverse things or make it better.

Her dark, big eyes did regard him a bit closer then. She may be a happy person, but she was still a sensitive soul.
"What happened that you need more happiness?" she asked him more sincerely, leaning on her elbow to look at him better. She was very far from a wise person, but she knew that sometimes it helped for people to talk to someone that isn't all-knowing. Or like, a Jedi Master or some such.

All that she had was that she cared about friends.

Even if they were kinda cute.

FS3Gb3Y.png
Vayl was taken aback by Ceri's genuine concern, her empathy shining through her bright eyes. He paused for a moment, considering his response. Opening up wasn't something he did easily, but there was something about Ceri that made him feel comfortable, as if he could trust her with his thoughts.

"Well," he began, his voice carrying a hint of vulnerability. "Life hasn't always been easy. I've had my fair share of challenges and losses along the way. Sometimes it feels like the weight of the galaxy rests on my shoulders, you know?"

He looked into her eyes, a mixture of gratitude and a touch of longing in his gaze. "I guess what I'm saying is, I could always use more happiness in my life, and being around you brings me just that. You have this way of making everything seem brighter and more hopeful." but with a sudden clap of his hands, it's as if he intended to dissipate the seriousness of the moment and bring them back to reality, in a sense. "But enough about that! Let's get some lunch going."

Both orders came, with his side containing the stellar stuffed prawns, and a galactic sunrise cooler. The dish consisted of large, succulent prawns, perfectly grilled to a golden brown. Each prawn was delicately slit open and filled with a tantalizing mixture of finely chopped herbs, spices, and a hint of citrus. The aroma wafting from the plate was enough to make one's taste buds dance with anticipation. Something that overtook Vayl, wasting no time to chow down.

His eyes ocassionally looked over at Ceri's side, hoping what she ordered is just as good.

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

NEW RULES

She immediately felt bad for asking.

It was clear he felt uncomfortable talking about it. But she still listened to what he was saying. If she could help anyone in any way, she would.

"I guess what I'm saying is, I could always use more happiness in my life, and being around you brings me just that. You have this way of making everything seem brighter and more hopeful."
She grinned at him then, albeit almost shyly at the compliment.
"Well if that's the case, I'll have to ask my Master to bring me to the Temple more often, then." she said happily, wanting to alleviate the situation. No one deserved to be unhappy, after all. "You have to teach me some of that acrobatics in anyway." she added for good measure.

Their food arrived just about then and she once again realised how hungry she was as her nose picked up the delicious scents coming from her plate.
"This looks amazing!" she said excitedly before she dug in. Coming from the upperclass of Chandrila, however, had Ceri still using a fork and knife delicately, but that didn't take any of the amazingness away from the food. And the juice was made to perfection as well.

This was happiness.

Good music, good food and good friends. All that missing was a pet. Even Evie was left at the Temple on charge. But it wasn't the end of the world. It would come with time. Hopefully. In the meantime, she was just having fun enjoying the food and bobbing to the music while doing so.
"You know of any audio shops nearby?" she asked him after swallowing a bite. He might find it an odd question, but after music helped him with his training, she thought it would be cool to get him a music player of his own. It clearly works wonders.

He didn't have to know the reason for her question just yet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom