Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once upon another time

The Eternal Queen
It was just after the military ball on Naboo, and the newest Queen was back safe and sound. This time, she wasn't alone. It was no big secret that the Queen was married, and it was no secret who she was married to. But that did not mean she was without her secrets.

She sat at her desk, quietly revenging her work for tomorrow, just one last time before it was time for sleep. The gown from tonight's ball had been taken away by her handmaidens to be cleaned and pressed for the next occasion. Unlike many of her predecessors, Queen Feenarah was a good bit less wasteful. Where it was not uncommon for a ruler never to be seen in public in an outfit more than once, Feena refused to waste taxpayer credits on something so silly.

The Queen sighed and set her work down for the last time that night. It was time to take her medicine again anyway.

"Keter," she yawned, shaking the bottle until one tiny green pill fell out into her palm, "When are you thinking of going to bed?"

She had a good reason for asking now. Graxin was here on Naboo. He was home. And she needed to tell Keter before he figured it out himself. It was time for her dirty little secret to come out.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"As soon as you do," the blond said, embracing his wife from behind, speaking into her ear. "It is going to be oh so nice to sleep with you by my side again..." he whispered, before pulling back with a smile. "How are you feeling?" the blond added softly, seeing the bottle of pills in her hand. The disease still had almost a year to run, and Keter was taking a month off to spend time with Feena before setting off in search of a cure. She should have come with him, but the renegade knew Feena was far too responsible a queen to go off and care for herself whilst others relied on her.

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
She swallowed the pill without water, entirely used to this routine. Every night at the exact same time, and in the mornings, and in the afternoon. Always at the same time, just like clockwork, she would force a tiny green pill down her throat.

"I'm fine," she assured him, "a little tired, but better than before. The Protectorate certainly knows how to take care of their people."

It was true enough. After joining, she'd found their medical practices to be far more advanced that the Confederacy. Could it be they cared more than the Confederacy? Somehow, Feena figured the answer had to be 'yes'.

"Keter? Can I... introduce you to someone? Tomorrow?"

She bushed a little, staring down at the bottle in her hands. This was it.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter would have blinked in surprise. Instead his red eyes dimmed for a fraction of a second, the closest he could get to the gesture, soemthing that had taken him over a week of tinkering to achieve. But he thought it well worth the time - facial expressions were such a key part of interaction. Plus he could actually wink at Feena now. THe blond nodded. "Of course. Another friend?" he guessed. He had seen a lot of Feena's coworkers at the ball, the woman he loved gliding through all the attention like a graceful avian.

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
She wasn't looking at him now. Her silvery eyes were still focused only on that bottle in her hands. No. Graxin wasn't her only secret after all. Nobody knew just how ill she was, except for a small few.

"No," she answered slowly, "Not a friend. Keter? Do you remember me, before I was the me I am now? Before I was your wife?"

She was going to have to find a nice way to say this. A way that wouldn't send her husband into a panic. And then Felciity would need to know. Celeste was still too young, but Felicity... Oh no. How was she going to explain this to her? She was really not ready to give the girl 'the talk' yet.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
"Uhm..." The obvious answer, mad scientist, would not go down well. What was she getting at? "Not really. You've always been you to me. Then again...It was only a year or so between our meeting and...ahem, things changing," the blond pointed out, smiling slightly to set her at ease. She didn't turn to look at him. "Feena? What's wrong?"

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Her hands were shaking. She tried to stop them, held the bottle even tighter.

"I met someone at the election. Someone I met a long time ago. Do you remember when I told you who I was when I would younger? Remember when I told you about my, err, 'rebellious phase'?"

For someone who was so good at talking for a living, she was doing terribly now. She tried to smile and set him at ease. Tried. Failed. He was not going to be happy with her for keeping this from him.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter sighed as he leaned down to kiss her cheek. "It's alright. It's the past. What happened?" he asked gently, moving around to kneel in front of her. Feena had a long and chequered past, and it was something that Keter rarely looked into. If she felt like sharing, she would share. Like now.

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen sighed again, hand finally letting go of the bottle.

"He goes by Graxin now, but when he was born I named him Cyril. Cyril Greyson. I had him when I was fifteen."

She stood up from her place at the desk and moved to walk around the bed room. She bent over, smoothing out the dark bedding, looking for something to do. Anything at all. Anything to keep her from meeting his gaze.

[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
A son. Another son.

Keter was still as his wife turned away from him. Well, he knew she had had a life before him. Everyone did. To not know that would have been foolish. It was who she had been, before all this. But why bring it up now? And most infuriatingly of all, why did she refuse to look at him? Anger flashed across his face momentarily. Was she...afraid? Of him, of his reaction? After everything they'd been through? He willed himself to calm down as he stood up and walked over to the woman he had pledged his life to. She always expected him to react like...how did she describe it...a normal person.

He was far from normal.

He slowly reached out to rest a hand on her shoulder, gently turning her around. "Feena..." he said softly, trying to catch her eye. "What is it? Is he coming for you? You know you are safe here..." the blond continued, pulling her close and holding her.

[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The closer her pulled her, the more she wanted to cry. It was actually getting quite difficult resisting the urge to just let it all out.

"No, no..." she sighed, "It's not like that. He wants to stay. Be part of the family. And he wants to meet you too."

That was a good part of her worry. Would Keter accept him? Would he accept Keter? Would the girls be okay?

[member="Keter"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom