Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On Wayward Wings

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Existing concepts? Do you already have an idea?"

This was, ironically enough, another level of the training. Talking to her while she tried to evade the droid made it that much more difficult and, well, distracting. She was doing well. Perhaps the talk was distracting her from the negative thoughts and doubt. That'd be useful.

"What are you thinking about?"

Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Not really, I was just…thinking out loud.” With both droids down, one disabled entirely, the other prone on the ground, Katherine returned her attention to the remaining drones. She had felt every shot they had landed on her wings, but the burning pain simmered beneath the surface.

Katherine was too focused on her goal, and her senses on alert for any more tricks her Master might pull.

There are other races in the galaxy that have wings. I’m sure they’ve had armour designed that suits them. But my thought was-” Katherine interrupted herself as she deflected more shots, gradually shifting the angle closer to the specific drone. With a definitive flick of her wrist, she sent one last bolt straight at the drone itself. “To research those examples, and design something based on them, but unique to me. Plus adding the kind of things you create, Master.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"To learn more about the species of this Galaxy is as much the duty of a Jedi as protecting them. I approve of this."

Kahlil was all smiles, especially as the last drone fell and Katherine was left the only one standing. She really had grown quite quickly here. Good. He set down the controller, nodding to her stance.

"It's not just your wings we should think about. Fighting styles unique to those with wings, you should look into them as well."

It took a moment for it to settle in for Katherine, but it eventually clicked no more drones or droids were going after her, or trying to shoot her. She glanced around at first, then turned to face her Master, a big smile on her face equal to his. It had taken some time, but Katherine had finally gotten through a session without stumbling over her own feet, or losing her focus midway through.

Now, if only that same progress could be made with her being comfortable anywhere outside the Temple, or parts of Coruscant.

One set at a time.

My mind says yes, but my body says…let’s give it a bit.” Katherine let out a small laugh, followed by a groan of pain. She knew she was gonna feel it later, but that was always how it went. No pain, no gain. “I’ll look through the archives, do research on the subject. After I’ve gone and collapsed onto my bed for a while.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ah, yeah. You certainly look like you could use a rest." Kahlil chuckled as he reached out to ruffle her hair. "You did certainly earn it. Remember, no more letting yourself get in your own head, alright? If you ever have trouble, you just need to come talk to me. I'll always be here to help. Hell, Val will too if you want to speak to her."

He had no doubt Valery Noble Valery Noble would. They were separate Masters, but their Padawans were just as much each others as their own.

"You're not alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom