Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Winds of Change

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze's voice cut through the serene morning air, steady and unwavering. "So you think he's too great to touch. No one is untouchable. It's arrogance to think such things, no matter who you are. In that arrogance, I will find the answer," he stated, his resolve as firm as the ancient wood supporting their treehouse abode. "My tenacity and resolve know no bounds. And it wouldn't be for vengeance; it would be for justice. There's a big difference between those two concepts," he continued, pausing to take a long, refreshing sip from his glass of homemade lemonade.

"Jedi aren't supposed to fight. We should consider combat as a last resort, striving to win the battle before it's ever begun," Braze remarked, before turning his attention to the delectable breakfast spread before them. He took a few more bites of his meal—a savory ensemble of eggs nestled atop a freshly toasted bagel that crunched satisfyingly with each bite. The bagel was lavishly layered with a vibrant array of toppings: thinly sliced avocados, rich and creamy; a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice; and a drizzle of a tangy sauce that tied all the flavors together.

"I don't personally relish the idea of acting as an arbitrator, helping adults resolve their squabbles. It's honestly embarrassing how many so-called adults bicker daily. How can they be considered adults if they fail to behave as such? Aren't they embarrassed by their actions? I often wonder if they were raised to be shameless and selfish, to act so poorly. And that's coming from me—I frequently get reprimanded for my own behavior," Braze mused, offering a self-deprecating smile.

"If I'm to end someone's life, it would only be to eliminate a threat they pose to others. If evil is the sole light they hold within their hearts, I have no qualms about extinguishing that flame," he said with a gravity that belied his youthful appearance.

"You are, however, correct. Someone like me couldn't simply confront someone like Carnifex with brute force to exact justice. That would indeed be a poor course of action. Achieving such a goal would require meticulous planning, study, tact, and flawless execution. It may be difficult, monumentally so, but not impossible. I refuse to believe in ideologies or sentiments that sew seeds of doubt or hopelessness. The moment you relinquish that spark of hope for the future is the moment you lose everything," Braze spoke with a passion that lit up his face, even as he enjoyed his meal. Gently, he scooped up the kitten, settling her in his lap, offering her a few soothing pets, a soft purr resonating in the quiet of the treehouse.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa laughed a little from his opening words. Though she continued to listen to the words that followed words that was filled with a sense of pride. "Is there a difference? Are you really sure justice is not a form of vengeance, does rules not stem from how the mass punish and chain those who don't fall in line, to punish those who are threats because they inspire a different view?" It was clear by this response her distain for the concept of rule.

"And never said He was untouchable or unbeatable. I just think nothing currently can achieve it. Even if there where I would stand in the way first." There were reasons she said that with such confidence. The Valkyrie knew the reach of her Master and she could not fathom the depths of His power, it seemed endless to her. It was for these reasons she did not fear his loss.

His next words felt like a contradiction to her however. More so they did not match up to the experiences she's had. How most are quick to draw their weapons. Even her last encounter with a jedi on the battlefield was one who challenged her. How she etched the face of his bloodthirsty look into her memory. It was that conflict that cemented the fact she had to stay away from the battlefield for some time, she could not face losing her child before it got chance to draw first breath.

As the valkyrie sat there remaining to tuck into the meal more choosing to remain silent to delve more into the delectable spread prepared for her. His words had a wisdom in them that she shared well. Teresa too found the squabbles irksome and pointless to her perspective she knew the issue, but those of power would call her ideals dangerous. Regardless she lived by them as if it was her code.

She was glad too that he at least understood he was no match though the flicker of hope to exact justice was troublesome and cause trouble later. "You are right too, about adults that is. I often look at them and see mindless dumb chits droning on about the same things worded differently. They bicker because instinct tells them to become on top, to be selfish. People will disgust you in the worst ways. The more people you add to this mix the worse it gets."

"History repeats thats why its boring."
She softly chuckled. "This is why I don't care who has what or this need to rule. I leave that to those who are ambitious to obtain those things. I just care about preserving my way of life." That ment her days of training, her times of battle and the leisure of a place she calls home.

Last edited:

"I'm sure there's a difference... Rules are... " Braze paused, furrowing his brows as he pondered the concept. Why did rules exist? The question lingered in his mind, prompting him to reflect. He recalled a time when he was tasked with overseeing younger students on a crystal-fetching expedition. It dawned on him then – the true purpose of rules. "Yes," he murmured to himself, a revelation washing over him. "Maybe if the rules are made by someone in power who is corrupt, the very essence of authority should entail responsibility for the well-being of those they govern. Anything else is likely an abuse of power." Braze's voice held conviction as he spoke. "Rules should be crafted to ensure people's safety and uphold that fundamental ideal. Any deviation from this principle amounts to a misuse of authority."

"To each their own, I suppose,"
he continued, speaking on how she wanted to protect her way of life. his tone calm but resolute. "I can't force you to change your perspective, but I can certainly articulate why I hold mine." Braze's words carried weight, reflecting his steadfast belief in justice and fairness. "I don't believe it's ethical for those in power to inflict harm upon others, whether for selfish reasons or sheer enjoyment. Just as with rulers who manipulate others through arbitrary decrees – it's a misuse of authority. It's immature to exploit power for personal gain; the mark of maturity lies in using it judiciously to effect positive change."

He listened attentively to her response, absorbing her words with introspection. "I suppose that's the expected response," Braze conceded quietly, his mind still processing her viewpoint. "But I'm determined to embody the change I wish to see in the world. If we don't take that initial step and lead by example, nothing will ever change." His voice, though soft, resonated with conviction. "How can we expect someone to show kindness or empathy if they've never experienced that kindness from others, themselves? We can't."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"Therein lays the issue though. If you try to hold everyone to the same ideal, you limit their view, their potential. It is so easy to deviate because of individuality then those individuals become outcasts, those outcasts become passionate of their way and spread it like gospel. Eventually the original group see them as threat that needs to be squashed. Some times that new way of life wins and eventually does the same." She had twenty seven nearly twenty eight years of looking at everything from the outside. "To create the perfect system is to oppress individuality. It goes against the force."

She sipped more of her tea that was not as warm now but still sweet. The Valkyrie could appreciate his next set of words well. A far opposite to how her estranged father begged and pleaded to go to the jedi with him. To be 'reconditioned' and fixed. A laughable idea because to her she did not need fixing. Teresa could not help but start to struggle keeping up with some words the kid was using. It would not be the first time someone so young was a tad more intellectual than her.

Like with Kaine she tried to focus the parts she could keep up with and try to remember the complex words to look them up later. "I don't think it leading by example is what's needed. There are plenty of those out there. Just live life by your own ideals and not those made by others. What I mean is be free. Sure be jedi, but be Braze first, that is the very first thing you own and something no one can take from you."

"Though do not mistake that I am incapable of kindness. I like to think I have do my share of kindness as I do carnage. Probably not in line with your views. Each child my head retainer trains currently where once impoverished slaves, their masters fleeing the influence of the Alliance,"
She said with an amused tone. "Weirdly makes them easier to catch, they move predictably."

Despite being Sith who refused that title, she did do something compassionate stemmed from trauma from time to time. She took joy in the murdur of child slavers. The Valkyrie did not care so much for those already adult. The kids however was easy to inspire loyalty.

"Anyway, the ones we picked up not so long ago now live with security, an environment to grow. I play no influence in how they wish to improve themselves. Longs as they perform their duties to adequate level. I do not ask for much nor anything that would break a person." Rather she was fond of her servents. "Believe it or not, there are a few who disagree with how I treat my retainers. Though if a single one was harmed, the offender suffer twice as much."

"I protect what's mine and what I like."

Braze hesitated, his thoughts churning as he absorbed her words. She was right, he realized. Perfection was an unattainable ideal, and imperfections were inherent in every system. "Well... There is no perfect system, neither will there ever be in truth... nothing is truly perfect," he conceded, his voice carrying a note of contemplation. He finished his meal while she spoke, taking in her perspective.

"That's how I live... I do what I want when I want," Braze admitted, reflecting on his past mistakes. "I've learned from instances where I disregarded rules and suffered the consequences; and seen when others have suffered the consequences of my own actions. I've felt oppressed, trapped within a rigid framework, but gaining the freedom to make my own decisions has provided clarity." He acknowledged his past errors, acknowledging that while he wasn't proud of them, they had contributed to his growth.

As he finished his glass of juice, Braze efficiently cleared the table, placing the dishes in the sink before returning to Teresa's side. He offered her a warm, wet washcloth in a bowl of heated water, along with a dry hand towel, a small gesture of hospitality.

"You can't view everything in extremes and absolutes," Braze remarked thoughtfully, settling back down in front of her. "What you're saying is true, and such situations do occur. However, societal expectations for basic decency seem relatively innocuous. When individuality is stifled to the point of oppression, it becomes an abuse of power. Those responsible for such should be held accountable and removed from positions of authority."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She politely took the hot water bowl with a smile and wiped her mouth and fingers before drying them. "Never lose that clarity or this ambition. It will serve you better. Besides it's not that you did not follow rules persey. I find life likes to play nasty jokes, putting you situations where only the least favorable options are present. It's not till you have all the information later you realise the thousands of answers you could not see then. The point where either regret is born or growth is made."

The Valkyrie often loved to visit past choices, past fights, past mistakes. How she reviewed them to draw out the true favorable actions for the best outcome. She did not regret much of anything, least nothing to far damming in her mind. The boy joined her again after clearing up the dishes. "I just see things how I see them. Perhaps extreme to you but I am always learning so I would hardly say they are absolute. Maybe someday my views could change. After all, I no longer have just my future to think about."

The woman let out a low exhale and relaxed backwards best she could. "Besides I am all for individuality," Teresa said with a little enthusiasm. "It makes a person more powerful. Maybe not with strength or combat prowess but potential to have other skills. My dear Komi, she has skills that are beyond me. Her sense of time is sharp and attentive to my needs before I realise it myself. I see the enjoyment on her face and it makes me proud." Her statement was matched with the soft expression on her face.

"My skills are all tailored to being a warrior, I love hone my saber skills, learn new fun abilities like this," Her eyes blinked closed and after a moment they looked what would be considered normal. Her sclera was white and the woman's iris was ruby red, reminiscent of her natural colour before the embrace to the darkside. "The potential for teasing and mischief is to much that when I asked if it was possible to change physical traits my mind was exploding with ideas." Teresa softly chuckled allowing her more passionate side take over as she briefly touched on her interests.

Braze nodded, listening quietly as she spoke. "Maybe... people change... time changes everything in one way or another," Braze offered softly.

"I think you're right... but variety is the spice of life... life would suck if everyone was all exactly the same... all uniformity is suffocatingly stifling..."
He paused, his brow furrowing as he noticed her eyes changing, leaning back lightly.

"That's a neat trick... where did you learn such a thing?" Braze asked. He wasn't the best at seeking out new skills or abilities on his own. He had been more experimental with things he had learned, trying to combine the skills he'd been taught so far or working on his forms. He rarely ventured out on his own to learn new abilities, but that was amazing to see.

He moved the kitten he was petting from his lap to lean forward then trying to get a better look at her eyes.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Her smile grew bigger hearing his interest even as far to shoo the cat for a moment to lean closer. "Well, Master taught me. Like half the force techniques I know. Though this is perhaps the most complex, next to the one that lets me see past flashes. I find looking through and being read biology texts helps understand how to change more accurately. For my eyes it's quite simple or at least I have an accurate beat on how to return to my natural eye colour. Though I can take it a step further by shifting the M cell thingy," A soft shimmer covered her eyes as the hue began to shift. From the current red it turned blue then white as the Melanin was suppressed. "With a mirror I can fine tune the colour I want."

"Unlike shape shifting species limitations, the force can let you change far much more. But I am no way near that good yet. I am no good at explaining how to do this stuff but. It's like using the force to rearrange and reorient the cells in your body."
She pondered a way to show the ability off in another way. So far she had only tested with basic changes to grasp the fundamentals. Holding her arm out this time she tried something else... something new.

A long hard line began to raise along half length of her forearm, eventually a rachis protruded out and flicked up a little as tension released. It took a moment to create a new black feather in a place that was not natural to her. Teresa concentrated hard mixing the colours of a portion of the barbs finding this a little easier. Finally gripping it between her fingers she plucked effortlessly holding the feather with now a red tip. The Valkyrie looked over it with a little excitement at twirling it between finger and thumb. "Here," she said releasing the feather slowly floating it over to Braze. "I hope to do so much more with this skill, given I've lots of reading time ahead that will help too."

Braze smiled, captivated by the marvelous feat she performed, which drew awe-struck interest from the enthralled and enchanted youth witnessing her abilities.

"M-cell thingy?" he tilted his head, not entirely following along or understanding the technical jargon. His focus was on the visual spectacle unfolding before him, leaving little brainpower to decipher the intricacies of her explanation. Accepting the little feather she offered, he twirled it between his fingers before bringing it up to his cheek, reveling in its softness.

"Wow... that's pretty impressive," he remarked lightly. "I don't know if I could do all of that. It seems pretty complicated just to think about." Braze leaned back, adjusting his braid and adorning it with the quill of the small feather, fashioning it into a decorative addition to the tip of his padawan braid.

"Thank you," he chirped lightly before scooping up the kitten and showering her with affection. Moving to a cat perch built into the wall, he gently nestled her onto a soft bedding, giving her a few more pets.

"So, are you often on Lothal, or is this just a special outing for you?"
Braze asked curiously, eager to learn more about her and her travels.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"Sorry, I just remember the word began with an M. It's a cell in the body that the more of it changes the colour of things. Mmmmm, mah, meh, melalallln, melalin?" Teresa struggled and felt close but the pronunciation was a little off for the tongue twisted word. The woman chuckled lightly not feeling all to embarrassed about the blunder and hope the kid at least grasped what she was trying to say.

Seeing him fix the feather into the braid tucked in the back of his white locks, it stood out in contrast. Teresa did not expect that, there was not so much one could do with a feather but adorning it as a hair ornament caught her off guard a little. It was an appreciated feeling and perhaps that did make her a tiniest bit embarrassed. "You are welcome," She said warmly responding in kind to the politeness as she would those a bit more formal on Malsheem. "And you can do more than what you let yourself believe. I get it though because even I still feel shocked at every corner. You'd think it would get less shocking but... it doesn't makes it all super fun."

Finally the question she had expected from the very beginning. Admittedly Teresa was surprised it took this long, the blackened valkyrie remained silent for a moment. Once more she began to draw the metal to join into one in front of her shaping it while pondering how to answer. Of course there was many ways to answer the question, but perhaps honesty would be more fun. "Well, I have been popping back here for a few times these past few weeks. I am trying to find my mother, that's kinda why I asked that question earlier. I know which places she frequents it's just a case to see if I can sense the familial bonds."

Last edited:

"Melanin?" Braze voiced the word, a trace of uncertainty lacing his tone, unsure if his grasp on the concept was accurate.

"Yeah, it's fascinating," he continued, a spark of realization lighting up his expression. "A friend ( Ko Vuto Ko Vuto ) once showed me a trick that really opened my eyes. Made me see that my own perceptions were the only real barriers. It's challenging, sure, to think outside the conventional bounds, but entirely possible."

His expression shifted to a frown, brows knitting together momentarily. "Sounds like you've allowed her to occupy a vast space in your thoughts, monopolizing much of your time. That's not something I'd willingly embrace," Braze remarked. His mind occasionally wandered to his mother, not to her current state, but to the warmth and tenderness she embodied in his youth. What had shifted over time? Was he romanticizing his memories, viewing them through the rosy lens of childhood innocence? Pondering on these memories for too long wasn't something he was keen on. His preference leaned towards focusing on individuals who play a significant role in his current existence, anchoring him to the present.

"Ever wonder where you'd be now if things had unfolded differently?" Braze inquired, his curiosity piqued, harking back to their earlier discussion. He was eager to explore the landscapes of her imagination, to see the paths untaken that she envisioned.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

It was not that Teresa wanted the woman in her thoughts especially now when there was something more important to focus. Rather she'd rather not think about her at all, but it's not so easy. If not for her Father's inability to let go, Teresa would have never finally connected the dots. Perhaps it was the idea that she cast aside so easily. Was it so wrong seek the truth? It needed to be heard and vindication for all the messed up thoughts of everything leading up to patricide that excites. It was hard to not see it in her eyes that shimmered back to normal, that her thoughts were swelling.

Braze's however drew her back and with quite loaded question. "Of course I have," she said softly with a slightly saddening expression. "I've though who i'd be where i'd be. Before Carnifex, it felt like every breath had a cost, one that increased each time drawing me quicker to my last," delicately the woman unclipped one of the pair of sabers she had made. Her hand released the hilts floating gently, slowly it moved over the top of the table before it set down with a tap tap. "The only times I could live was in my dreams because when I was awake every thought was simply survival."

Parts of the hilts slowly disassembled till two crystals could be seen in each sat inside a cyclic crystal array. The crystals that had a deep red shine to its otherwise light absorbing black center slipped out and placed one in front of the boy and one into her palm. Teresa waited to see if he'd pick it up into his hands. If he did, the crystal would feel unnaturally cold, it was beyond bled but utterly corrupted in unimaginable hellfire. "I know you refused my earlier offer to teach you something but if you wish to glimpse at my past. I will try to talk you through a technique that to me was natural."

"I found when I was young, some objects contain stories, ones that feel real. It was not till I was older that I worked out what this technique does is lets us glimpse into the past. We leave echos pure truths on the objects we use, more personal and sentimental often have the best imprints. Ones so vivid." Her pale fingers wrapped around the crystal rolling it in her hand. Slowly the Valkyrie closed her eyes. "Focus on the object, and listen for the echos, let them come to you like dreams do. Feel the moments I fist connected with the crystal and you'll see glances of my past."

Braze picked up the unfamiliar crystal, its surface shimmering in the light. As he examined it closely, a strange sensation washed over him, and before he knew it, he was engulfed in a vivid vision. Time seemed to blur, and he found himself in a different place, a different time.

Braze felt the emotions of the scene wash over him, experiencing the intensity of the moment as if he were truly there. The vision held him captive until suddenly, he blinked, and reality snapped back into focus.

Shaking his head to clear the remnants of the vision, Braze found himself back in the tree house, the crystal still in his hand. He wiped away a stray tear that had escaped his eye, his mind reeling from the experience.

"Wow..."
he muttered, his voice tinged with disbelief. "That guy was a grade A. jerk."
Curiosity gnawed at him as he pondered the significance of the vision and the crystal in his hand. Braze decided to delve deeper into its secrets, knowing that there was much more to uncover than met the eye.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

As Braze delved into Teresa's past she could feel his emotions twing at the worst moments. Of course she watched alongside him, with the one in her hand. Though remembering the day she could feel the ache of battle as the overflow of power pressed into her. Remembering was not the same as reliving those flashbacks. The Valkyrie opened her eyes seconds before the boy and witnessed the tear that began to roll before being wiped away.

"Which one?" Teresa asked rhetorically in slight amusement at the comment. "Those were just glances of my worst trauma, that is the path I was set upon. After all my innocence was just commodity from the beginning. Despite the haze of my past I kept fighting." Drawing in a deep breath the woman let it out slowly. Floating the crystal from her hand she sent it back into the hilt it came from. "I think given everything, I did well to just survive and not be broken utterly. I could simply have given up at any point and let that sweet cold embrace take me." It was bittersweet line of thought that was hard to deny.

Eventually her eyes flicked up from the hilt to Braze. It was not hard to see the curiosity in his eyes, she was used to it from watching Komi or the kids she trained. "I do intend to get that back, I would hate to lose a part of a pair. A feather is one thing, but an important part of a warriors weapon is another wouldn't you agree?" The hilt of the saber with the missing crystal slightly rolled towards the Jedi a better look into seeing the slot where the missing crystal belonged.

"I'm sorry people were unkind to you," Braze said softly, his expression turning into a frown. "Yeah, both of those guys were complete jerks," he added, sharing his thoughts on the matter. Holding up a small red crystal, he flashed a mischievous smile. "This?" he began, his tone shifting slightly. "The first Sith I met took my crystal from me and tried to corrupt it," he explained, rolling the gem between his fingers.

"I even helped her open a tomb, which was pretty cool. But she betrayed me the moment I looked away,"
he recounted, a hint of betrayal lingering in his voice

. "My dad gave me that crystal practically from the time I was born," he shared, a touch of nostalgia in his tone. Finally, he placed the small object on the tabletop, letting it rest there.

"But I think I'm not going to be like that... she didn't seem like she was having fun with her life then. " Braze trailed thinking of Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

"I do miss that crystal though... I feel incredibly insecure with out it. "
Braze admitted. " But... I miss my friend more. "

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

It was strange for another to apologise for the actions of another so unrelated. The sentiment was not entirely lost on her as she thought it was perhaps one of those empathy things Jedi did. The Valkyrie was unsure if it was pity or what but she'd rather not have him say those words for the accounts of people like those. "Please don't do that." She spoke ever so softly with a slight saddened tone. Faint lines formed at the bridge of her nose for a second.

As he held that crystal up with that expression on his face, Teresa was ready to snatch it from his fingers. However she hesitated letting the boy speak and rolled her crystal between his fingers. Admittedly she was not moved by being betrayed by a sith no less. Of course the woman had heard many tales of betrayal and deceit amongst those within the wider ranges of the sith itself. Granted those not part of the Kainite she did not consider allies, but threats. Not so much her particularly she had her way of staying out the politics.

It was the fact it was something of more meaning to the kid that stirred her. It was not because it came from kin but more from someone that he felt connected to. For her it was the ancient lightsaber she carried and maintained was such an item. It was a reminder to the brief respite of darker days in her life, before finding some level of normality and stability. The time she spent with San-Ji-Yan in their adventures would always be cherished.

Her eyes glanced at the crystal being placed down and she waited for the last of his words to come before deftly shifting it into the missing slot. Teresa intentionally let the moment be silent holding her words till after each part was back in place. "I get what it's like to lose those you feel close to. It is a type of pain I do not enjoy."

As the two hilts returned to her side a different one came onto the table. It was a long duel bladed saber that had years of wear etched into it. The black wrapping that probably once was black had turned blue and cream where extreme rubbing had occurred. With a click the saber separated into two and slid apart. Its smaller blade slowly, much more slowly than opening a familiar hilt began to come apart.

"I will want this one back too, eventually, but I'll assist you in getting a new one." Really she just wanted to see one of these places where crystals lined the room. A romance novel she had read not so long ago involved a scene that took place in one. It mentioned how the walls were as dazzling as the crystals flickered like a sun hitting an ocean. However this was not where the sentiment in her actions laid. "I know it would not replace the stolen but as a token that I will not betray you."

"This blade belonged to my father"— a yellow crystal floated out towards her palm. The small rock began to shake as Teresa let her emotions free. She did not fill the space with a heavy sensation of anger and rage. Rather running off the tones of the conversation drew on the sad notes and passion. Its yellow hew became red in moments. There was no grand vision or overwhelming power this time, but she felt the connection to the crystal. Pushing it out towards braze it dropped in front of him —"So till we get you a new one, you can hold onto that and use it as you like. I only ask it comes back whole and usable."

"Strangely I quite enjoy that sentiment of your fathers, if you don't mind me saying. I think I'd like to do that for this one." Her hand softly rested on the small bump.

Braze's frown deepened as he observed the transformation of the crystal, fascination and unease flickering across his features. He recoiled slightly, the sight of the crystal's change stirring a whirl of emotions within him. After a moment's hesitation, he reached out, his fingers tentatively encircling the now-red gem, lifting it for a closer examination. The warmth from the crystal was heated, as if it pulsed with a life of its own, a stark contrast to the cold material objects he was accustomed to handling.

"Your... father had a... lightsaber?"
Braze asked. He turned the crystal over in his hand, observing the way the light danced within its depths, casting a soft glow on his face. The notion that this crystal, now altered in hue and perhaps essence, had belonged to Teresa's father added layers of meaning and history to the object in his grasp.

Braze's gaze shifted from the crystal to Teresa, seeking answers or perhaps understanding. The act of transforming the crystal, of imbuing it with new purpose while dishonoring its past, struck him as profoundly significant. It was a gesture that spoke volumes of Teresa's intentions and her respect for bonds forged in trust and shared experience.

He pondered the weight of carrying such a legacy, of wielding a saber that bore the mark of another's life and choices. The idea of accepting Teresa's offer, of temporarily holding a piece of her history in his hands, was both daunting and deeply moving. It was a tangible connection to the stories and lives that intertwined with his own.

"In that case... I'll take care of it," Braze said finally, his voice steady but filled with an unspoken promise. "And I'll make sure it comes back to you whole and usable, as you asked." The commitment in his words was clear, a vow to honor the trust placed in him and to respect the legacy of the crystal and the saber it would temporarily call home.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She nodded quietly at the question affirming it. "He did." Slowly the smaller hilt began to connect together, unusable for now but it was no great loss for the Valkyrie. Her eyes flicked up meeting Braze's, the red glow from the crystal cast its soft illuminations onto the boys face. To her, his pale complexion and pure white hair soaked the colour up like paint on fresh canvas. Teresa could also notice the questioning look in his eyes, curious as to why she bled it perhaps, but he didn't asked.

Rather the resolute sound in the teenagers voice as he agreed was warming. "I appreciate it, and I'll hold you to it. I really wanna see one of these places." The woman leaned to the side a little to more easily flip the top of a small pouch. Her fingers wrapped around the item and pulled out a Holoprojector. Rubbing her thumb over a button the side casting the code to contact her. "Here, so you can get hold of me. If you are willing I'd like to get yours too?" She asked plainly wanting to ensure lines of communication could be easily kept.

Her eyes glanced out to the window, even though the canopy of the tree house cast a wide shadow, Teresa could tell it was getting quite late in the morning. With a slight huff, the ex-jedi's saber came to her hand and connected it onto her hip with the rest, before coming back up to rest at her side, she hit the fob that called Her ship here. "By the way had a very lovely start to my morning with you Braze... Thank you, I mean it." Her appreciation carried clear in her tone.

Braze quickly fetched his comlink, navigating through its interface with practiced ease to add new contact information. He exchanged his details with hers.

"I'm glad it wasn't a poor experience,"
Braze said with a light chirp. "Meeting you... it was interesting. It's broadened my horizons, knowing a little more about you." There was a genuine appreciation in his voice.

With a hopeful glance, he added, "Perhaps you'll join me for dinner again tonight? By then, I'll have utilized what I could for today." His invitation was casual yet sincere, an offer to extend their interaction and deepen the newfound acquaintance.

"You can take the rest with you because I can't use that much,"

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"I... will take you up on that offer." She paused a moment her eyes flicking up to the corner as the woman took a moment to think. "I've summoned my ship to come to this location, so If I leave it here for now I will know where it is." The woman slowly rose, and collected her holo-communicator before holding her wings in place behind her back. Feth they where a pain in the ass in room designed for those of regular proportions.

"I am not sure but it is a possibility, my retainer could show up. More the shuttle will come to dock with the ship, if you interact. Best leave the fact you're a jedi out." Walking to the door she began to open it. "One of your kind killed her mother and little brother in cold blood for being a Kainite. You can probably understand her hate. Otherwise Komi is a sweet girl and about your age I believe." That was a lie, but she had said it so often that the words flowed like truth. A deception she would keep secret for her precious servant so loyal and dependant.

With a soft smile on her face she looked back to something just as precious. "Anywho, see you later Braze. I'll be back before sundown." Teresa did not wait for his response before taking two steps out the door and leaping into the air. Large wings whooshed out carrying the woman off and out into the sky. Not long after her ship arrived landing a short distance from the treehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom