Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the Third Date You Get Arrested [Isaiah]

Isaiah Dashiell

I
It didn't take long for Izzy to "get comfortable". He'd traded the armor for a spacer's jacket, loose-fitting tunic, trousers and comfort-worn spacer's boots. He wasn't all lazy though and so a holstered blaster sat on his hip, ready to fire at anything or anyone that got in the way of their trip. When he'd worked up the courage to face Mags again they were nearly to Ryloth. He'd heard that the Confederacy First nonsense had been slowing travel down along the Mara and the other hyperspace lanes that ran through Confederacy Space, but so far their ride had been smooth sailing. After a quick stop at Ryloth it would be a straight shot to Corellia outside of one or two refueling stops. Or if Mags wanted to stop and smell the roses on the way. Mags was in the kitchen doing...Something that looked like cooking.

"Hey Mags," he started, easing his way into the space. He plopped down and pulled a datapad out of his jacket pocket. "I was thinking, we agreed on Corellia, but the planet's so big, the Sector's even bigger...What do we wanna do when we actually get there?" There were the floating mountains, the giant Kyprin, Centerpoint Museum, and all manner of bars, cantinas, and music venues. He wasn't really a guy for local history or mysticism but he'd heard the two Green Jedi temples were open to visitors too. There was just so much that he didn't really know what to do...Though he had a sneaking suspicion that she wanted to stay clear of any cantinas since he'd promised to remain...Somewhat sober this trip.

But they were going to Corellia!

How could he call himself a scoundrel and not drink even a LITTLE Corellian Ale or veg out with a LITTLE spice?

It was good to see he'd taken her word and made himself comfortable. Simple civilian clothing put her much more at ease - his armor seemed to engender some discomfort that she couldn't help. Perhaps because it had been his hallmark back on that planet where she'd nearly died. Magda shivered slightly and pushed the thoughts away. This was not the time for those memories and, frankly, she didn't think there would ever be a time for them again.

"Hi," an amiable greeting as she moved about the kitchenette, pulling out bread, milk, butter, eggs, and bacon before setting to work. A pan was placed on the little stove area and a pat of butter added. She was moving to cut a circle out of each piece of bread when he began speaking.

"Well we're going to see those lights you were telling me about?" Mags offered, brow furrowing as she picked up the hot pan and sluiced the melting butter across the surface. She listened to him list off some options, nodding along, considering her capabilities of doing certain things. Though she knew Corellia to be a host for great cuisine and foods, those were strictly off limits to her. Not that Izzy's time should be defined by her ... disabilities and restrictions.

"The mountains and Kyprin sould fun," but they could both explore together. That had always been something they'd shared - she'd just have to remind herself that this wasn't for work. "And I've always wanted to see the Jedi Temples ... but they don't just let tourists in do they? That doesn't seem quite right."

She plopped the two pieces of bread on the pan and grabbed a bowl next, cracking some eggs into it and pouring in milk before mixing.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
"Oh yeah, the Goorlish lights!" he said as he leaned back in his chair. He nodded as if he was thinking deeply on the place before sitting back hunched over the table. "Yeah...I think that's on the other side of the Sector from where we're flying in to if I remember the hyperspace calc right. We could drop by on our way out of the sector." If they didn't arrest him first. Corellia had been one of those places that he and his brother had frequently visited on their...Credit Expeditions and he'd sold more than his fair share of counterfeit Corellian Flame Miniatures, which was how he knew about the Goorlish lights in the first place.

"The Jedi Temples...Well, we could always just lie and say I'm there to take a midichlorian test if we wanna see the big temple. But I think Coronet has a little enclave that's more open." He shrugged. "I think trying to sneak into the main temple would be more exciting." He gave her a wink and his trademark wolfish grin. The smell of bacon danced across his nose and his mouth began to water.

"Okay," that sounded like a plan to her. She whisked the eggs before moving back to the stove. Bacon was set onto the frying pan next, one hip cocked to the side with a hand set on it while she prodded the bread with a spatula.

"It might be more exciting but I'm not looking to cause trouble," Magda smirked behind her faceplate, glancing at the man but only for a moment so she didn't get that grin of his seared into her mind's eye, distracting, "one day I hope to bring GUIDE to Corellia and I don't need a bad track record there to fudge up the discussion. Why don't we go to the one at Coronet?"

Plep. Plap. She flipped the bread, poked the bacon about, and poured the egg mix into the holes cut into the bread. The smell of fried eggs and bacon had filled the kitchenette and she was only somewhat glad that most of it was being filtered out through her breather.

"Is there ... some place you would really like to go?" This trip wasn't just about her, it was ... well, about them. A date - strange as it seemed. She was trying really hard to make it less like work but for as much as Isaiah struggled to stay out of trouble, Magda struggled to stay out of work.

Last edited:

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Izzy pondered this for a moment. He'd never really thought about where HE wanted to go. He could ride some elephant Kyprin for sure, though that was also likely to get them into serious trouble...But he could do that sober. That was what he was really concerned with, keeping his promise and maybe Corellia wasn't the best place for that kind of challenge. Even when he was working he was a very play it by ear kind of guy. You had to be as an explorer, you had to be flexible or else the tyranasquid would drag you down, chew you up, and spit you out.

He shrugged in response, the motion nearly causing him to tip over. His face was a wild display of fear and embarassment when he set the chair back into a proper sitting position.

"Let's hit the temple when we get there and play it by ear after we get settled in. How's that sound?" What season would it even be on Corellia when they got there? Fall? Spring? Summer? By the Force he hated Summer, especially on Corellia. Too many tourists.
Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe

She missed the near-death-by-chair experience for the plating of the food. Just one plate, all for him. By the time she turned back he was seated properly and looking a little ... ruffled. Odd.

"Mm-" the words play it by ear did not resonate well with her. Structure, meet chaos. Magda lived by the planner - as was the way her mother had raised her. Plan, plan, plan. See all the things, get all the experiences, never miss a beat. Her father, however, was a great deal like Izzy. His plans only ever consisted of having fun. Truly, her adventures with her father were greatly memorable but rather harrowing to endure.

She found she missed them quite a bit. Missed the spontaneity of it all.

Magda nodded and set the plate down on the table for him before taking the seat to his left, "that sounds good."

"Uhm - that's Cat in the Hole,"
Mags indicated the fried toast with the egg in the center cutout, "one of my dad's favorite meals my mother makes. Thought you might like it."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Izzy looked at the plate of food suspiciously. Cat in a hole? He had gotten better at holding back his most harrowing of words and questions but the question begged to be asked....

"What cat lays eggs? And why do they do it in a hole?" The only cats he knew were mammals, or at least mammalian, and he'd learned a lot about them working for GUIDE before it went belly up (for the time being). It smelled of bantha butter, some sort of egg - he wasn't sure if it was carton, ration, or organic - and bread nicely toasted. His eyes narrowed at the plate, and then at her.

"Your family has weird names for food Mags," he said suspiciously The proximity alarm beeped loudly over the ship-wide com. They were approaching one of the first systems in the Corellian Sector.

"We're almost there sounds like."

Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe

Magda blinked at him through her visor, arms slowly folding. For a split second she was going to go through the long-winded story of why it was called Cat-In-A-Hole and then she decided that it was beside the point, and also too complicated. Instead, she focused on the annoyance of him taking issue with the name when he should have just been thanking her. And eating. Honestly.

Boys.

"You're welcome," Mags shot at him, looking off at the sound of the chime and rising from her seat, "...that's odd. Way ahead of schedule. We should be in hyperspace for a few hours more at least - I'll go check navigation."

She disappeared through the galley doorway and headed into the control cabin, taking a seat in the Pilot's chair. After a moment of assessing the navigation, Magda brought up an all-points-bulletin missive on the console.

["We're being re-routed,"] she said into the intercom, ["there's a major disturbance on the route ahead. Some kind of Pirate raid."]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom