Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Common Ground

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Ismael Skhaos"]

It had been a while since Kay had visited Commenor's biggest University. More grants and scholarships were coming in from various bio-tech and medicinal companies, some of them setting up shop nearby and getting interested students to work for them. The benefit in that was also to alleviate the strain on hospitals. Healthcare on Commenor was free for the most part, paid for by various taxes by individuals and businesses. Yet some elective procedures were not covered in a bid to keep available some beds for emergencies. It was a great system, though not entirely perfect.

The other wings and buildings within the University held other subjects, such as diplomacy and the arts. It was to the latter that she had been interested in seeing. The topic of conversation was kept under wraps, but she had a wedding ceremony to prepare, and who better to orchestrate it all than some of Commenor's finest? Ideas were being tossed about. Fortunately there wasn't a set date, so there was plenty of time.

With that business concluded, she made her way through the halls, two of her guards flanking her. Everyone was at ease, most of the students ignored her as they prepared for their next classes, which was just fine. She didn't need everyone to stand on ceremony whenever she happened to walk by.

[member=Lady Kay]

Ismael slowly breaths out to hide his astonishment of the size and scope of Commenor's university. Ismael slowly walks the halls as he starts to straighten his outfit to look more presentable in such a foreign place to him. He flattens his grey long sleeve, adjusts his black pants, and tighten his shoelaces of his black shoes. He then runs his fingers through his hair to finish up and hope he doesn't look too out of the norm. Once he feels like he is presentable he continues on as he starts to look throughout the university to see what it offers. Most of the colleges of study were of slight to no interest for Ismael. He was more interested in strategic thinking over, articulating words, yet the Arts did interest him as he peered through to see what is being done.

Kay-Larr

One could always spot a tourist. They tended to look around their environment with a different look in their eyes. There was no purpose, just the look of wonder and/or judgement. The slow pace at which [member="Ismael Skhaos"] led himself was also a clear sign.

Kay smiled a little to herself. There was a lot to take in when it came to the University. She quietly approached the man, her guards in tow behind her. "Afternoon. Are you just visiting? Or are you a student?"

As Ismael peers into the class he hears a voice behind him. He is startled as he stiffens up and turns to [member=Lady Kay] and says, "Oh uh, afternoon. I'm just, uh, here looking around. I'm just interested in the colleges held within this university, so yeah, I'm visiting I...". Ismael finally breathed out realizing he was doing nothing wrong and started to relax as he continued, "I suppose I am visiting".

He relaxes his posture as he takes in the scene to find guards following behind the woman, slightly curious, yet Ismael didn't showed it and just stayed calm.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little with small smile. "Well, there certainy is a lot to take in. What areas of study pique your interest?"

It probably did look a little imposing with her guards, but she was too used to them to give them much regard while she was focused on other things. There was hardly a time where she was by herself these days.

[member="Ismael Skhaos"]

Ismael let the silence fester as he wanted it to seem like he was thinking before he said, "The Arts intrigued me the most. I found the college quite interesting, I would personally never take it, but it did seem like a very well developed area of study".

Ismael wasn't really discomforted by the guards following behind the woman he is talking to, he was just curious why she would need them. Ismael might never know, but it's a curiosity of the moment.

[member=Lady Kay]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow. The Arts interested [member="Ismael Skhaos"] , yet he didn't want to study it. Perhaps he was just an admirer of beautiful things and fine craftsmanship. Some would rather observe than partake.

"All of our students are very talented. I'm hiring some of them for my upcomong wedding event. What were your areas of study while growing up?" There were various avenues of study in the University.

Ismael smiled out of politeness as he said, "Well I hope you have a wonderful wedding". Then Ismael took a moments pause as to think of what he studied past primary school and found nothing, so he thought of the next best thing,"I didn't really get past primary schooling, but I've been interested in engineering and strategic games. I'm almost certain this university doesn't has a college for strategy games or strategy in general, but engineering maybe". Ismael still hasn't seen the entire university, so he wasn't certain of a college or studies on engineering, although, he was almost positive that almost no university had a degree in chess or strategic games.

[member=Lady Kay]

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and bowed her head as [member="Ismael Skhaos"] wished her well for her wedding. Of course she was slightly nervous. All of the planning had been left to her. If she wasn't a Queen, then it would be a very small ceremony. But of course that wasn't the way that things were done.

She tilted her head to the side a bit as she thought of his subjects of choice. "Politics is heavy in strategy. It's just that it uses real people instead of game pieces. There are courses here in that, as well as plenty of placements for engineering as well. We have scholarships for those unable to afford it on their own too."

Ismael shrugged slightly as he said, "Politics never interested me. It never held high regard with me, although it is needed for a functional society, I never saw myself in a political position. In times of distress I wish to be apart of the relief crew and not in a political building forming it. I'm more active than passive, so it must just be that over me not liking politics".

Ismael tried switching up the conversation back to the university, he clears his throat as he says, "Well on the topic of the university again, it is still very surprising that university can cater to so many and help many more. Yet I'm not all too sure if I'll settle down for a while to pursue an education yet. I've been travelling and it would feel kinda weird to stop after such a short time".

Ismael still isn't sure of his path but a certainty still faces him, something must change for him to find his purpose. If there is one.

[member=Lady Kay]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded. She believed that everyone had their place. It would just sometimes take a while to find it. She had Commenor. It wasn't always that way, but becoming it's leader was something that just grew. It was as though everything else was preparing her to this moment.

"Our economy is going well. Plus we have some companies pitching in. People shouldn't be denied an education because of a lack of funds." To his comment on travel, she nodded again. "I used to do a lot of travelling as well. Plenty of public transport. I just wasn't comfortable with staying still. But then I was running from many things. At one ppint I had to stop and see if I was really being chased at all. It turns out that I wasn't." Of course she didn't assume that [member="Ismael Skhaos"] was running. But that was just her reason for not staying still.

As [member=Lady Kay] talked of their economy, he said with a slight surprise, "Not many think to help others in pursuit of education. Many just go about their own way. Many don't even see importance in education". Ismael then took a good few moments to think why he left and responded with, "I don't even know why I actually left. Maybe for the adventure? Maybe to run? Or maybe to find something? I haven't actually asked myself this question when I left. I just felt I needed to leave". Ismael starts to become confused on if his leaving was even one he made or was just internally longed for.

Kay-Larr

Kay knew that many didn't value education. But that was where Commenor stood out. It was true that education couldn't provide one with all of the necessary skills needed for life, but it did help secure a good future.

She tilted her head to the side a bit when she thought of what [member="Ismael Skhaos"] had said about leaving. For some reason he just had the urge to go. "Where was it that you came from again?" Kay wondered what kind of life the young man had led before becoming a wanderer.

Ismael questioned if he ever said where he was from, but shrugged it off as he said, "I'm from a small outer planet. Nothing really special, it doesn't really have a known name. I actually got extremely lucky when a courier ship came and I was able to hitch a ride". Ismael really doesn't like talking too in depth of his past, but he does have some details that are easy to divulge.

He then proceeded to ask, "Well, where do you come from? If you don't mind me asking". He knew some people don't like to takl of their past, so it is understandable to him if [member=Lady Kay] doesn't want to talk of her past. It is just a way he wishes to continue the conversation in a somewhat linear manner.

Kay-Larr

Kay shrugged her shoulders a little. "I'm not entirely sure. I thought that I was from Naboo, but I was only brought there as a youngling. Most of my adult life has been centered here on Commenor. I didn't always live here, but it was still a central part of my life and work."

And now she spent most of her time here, only travelling for diplomatic meetings. Vacations,? She didn't have those anymore, really. One of her bodyguards had called her a slave to her role. In some ways, he was right.

Her attention was soon brought back from quiet reflection to [member="Ismael Skhaos"] again. "I suppose that I should leave you to your pursuits. I hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for."

"Hmm, it's strange to me that you know not of where you come from". Ismael gave a nod to [member=Lady Kay] as she wishes to end the conversation, he leaves with, "And I hope you can find the same, if it's not found".

Ismael gives a slight nod as he starts to turn to his left and walks as he looks around the building again at its architecture and contemplating what is he looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom