Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Sith, New World

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Somewhere in the Southern Outer Rim...

The stillness in the dark void space was interrupted for a brief moment as the Altorius exited from hyperspace, the small ripples left behind quickly fading as the ship's engines began to propel it forward. Thankfully the hyperdrive was one of the few parts of the ship completely undamaged and without needing repair, thus far anyway. And with any luck it will stay that way for a good long while, outrunning patrols on engines alone gets old real quick.

After the ship had emerged and began continuing on its voyage, a short and simple message told the rest of the ship that they had arrived at another of the checkpoints on their journey. Once the hyperdrive was ready and the route was clear, they'd be going right back into hyperspace until they had to stop again. Best to keep on the move nowadays, especially this far away from any potential support. You never know what or who you'll stumble upon out here- His inner monologue was interrupted by his commlink going off. He sat up from his position laying on the floor of the cargo hold and tapped the device.

"Alisteri sir, please report to the bridge immediately." The Sith paused, clicking his tongue at the interruption to his meditation. Nevertheless he took another moment to straighten up his clothing and mask and tapped the commlink again. "Understood bridge crew, I'm on my way. Give me the short version if you wouldn't mind." He wasted no more time waiting for any sort of response, already making his way towards the bridge quickly. "We have strange reports and readings from our scanners, we're not sure what's happening but the captain wants you on standby."

Darth Tevris

Darth Tevris

D

The vessel emerged from the tear in real space, the Netherworld beyond visible for the briefest of moments before vanishing as quickly as it had come.

Tevris stood in silence on the bridge of the Serpents Shadow, golden eyes staring at the empty expanse of space. Around him, the crew of his warship were shouting, running from station to station trying to understand what had happened. Their voices agitated the Sith, but he did not focus too much on them. His mind was elsewhere, drifting through the currents of the Force. After years spent trapped in that other world, it was refreshing to finally be able to connect with the Force properly once again, and yet...

It was different. It felt like he remembered, of course, but there were so many slight alterations. So many presences within the Force of such exponential power. In his time, only Exar Kun had shown such sheer Force power to be sensed from across the galaxy. Now, Tevris sensed at least three such entities. The Force as a whole felt more powerful, more present, and far more wild than what it had once been. He tried to rationalize all these thoughts together as reports began to pour into the bridge.

"My Lord, we were able to contact a sub-space relay. It was difficult, our systems barely managed to decrypt the information sent out way, but from what we can tell the current year is 867 ABY." Glancing at the deck officer, Tevris let little of the inner turmoil he felt be visible, raising but a single eyebrow. "And what, pray tell, is ABY supposed to represent?" The curt remark from the Sith silenced the officer, quickly turning his head away and returning the the rolling screen of information. Tevris grunted beneath his breath, turning to begin walking towards one of the nearest displays. Just as he was about to try and understand the information himself, an alarm began blaring across the bridge.

"My Lord, unknown starship approaching. I have never seen anything like this sir." Turning to stare at the viewport at the front of the bridge, Tevris was silent as the deck officer stepped forward, barking orders to the stunned crew. "Raise shields and charge all weapons. I want targeting solutions on that ship the moment it drops out of hyperspace and a volley of laser fire right down their..." The woman fell silent as Tevris raised a gloved hand, his eyes slightly closed. "No, send a transmission to them. Greet them on behalf of the Brotherhood of the Sith and the Krath." The deck officer gave Tevris a brief look but did not question his orders.

Tevris lowered his hand, folding it behind his back with the other. He felt something on the approaching vessel, Dark Side energy he had not felt from others in five years when he had fled the Brotherhood of the Sith and the Krath in the finals days of the Great Sith War. Perhaps other survivors had managed to escape as well.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri was swift to the bridge, but no one had any more information. The scanners and scopes were probably just malfunctioning in truth, but it paid to be careful. Thankfully, none of the crew had to wait too long to figure out what was wrong with their equipment. A sharp spike of pain hit the Sith somewhere in the back of his mind, his hand coming to clutch the side of his head right as a ship appeared in front of them. The pain didn't last too long thankfully, but the dull ache it left would stay with him for a few moments longer. "The feth is that!?" "Battle stations, raise shields and prep the guns to fire on my mark." "Why do those engines look so...old?"

There was a pause as a couple eyes turned to the Acolyte and then back to the ship. The make and model was unfamiliar, yet something about it seemed so archaic. It certainly wasn't a ship that any of them recognized, and the limited database that they had available similarly turned up no real results. Not that it mattered too much at the moment anyway.

"I don't care if it's old, new, or somewhere in between. Be ready in case-" "Sir, we're receiving a transmission from it. Permission to let it through?" The captain paused at the interruption, shooting that crewmate in particular a small glare before looking at Alisteri. The Sith looked back and simply gave the officer a nod, the captain sighing but giving the order regardless. "Patch it through, but keep the shields up." The message itself caused quite a stir throughout the bridge, but one question was on everyone's minds.

"What in the world is the Brotherhood of the Sith and the Krath?" Alisteri offered the captain a shrug in response, his gaze glued to the ship ahead. "I've never heard of them. Maybe they're from the Empire? Here, someone send them a transmission back. Tell them we're loyal to the Sith Empire and that we mean no harm." With any luck, the ship was full of refugees like they were.

In the back of his mind though, he could feel that wasn't the case. His senses in the Force were untrained and abysmal, but he could still feel the presence of someone or something on that ship. Another Sith perhaps? Hopefully this one is feeling merciful, or maybe those weapons are too old to properly fire.

Darth Tevris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom