Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Friends

Keera Major Orbital Array
Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn

Sleep. She just craved sleep. Hester had fought and connived, adapted and manipulated, distracted and built, all her life. In her nearly seven decades, she had run planetary governments, administered empires, run multi-billion credit corporate endeavours.

She had raised a son. Successfully? She couldn't be the judge of that.

She sighed, sipping on her cocktail, a tart flavour on her tongue, sharp and acidic followed by a warmth and sweetness, like a honey. She longed for her home world and yet Scarif seemed out of reach. Perhaps she would never return to the world she had built, long obliterated by the Fireflash.

A sad collateral.

Today she was visiting as the head of the Sterdo corporation, its mining operations still going strong. She was visiting an old friend, long serving together in the now diminished and forgotten Confederacy.

Amelia had stayed at the heart of intergalactic politics. Hester had fallen into the crevice that straddled the corporate and the criminal. Approaching the orbital array was always exciting, no matter how many times you had seen it or its kind. There was something so defiant, so wilful of man to build such a preposterous invention.

Her cruiser, armed though designed for speed and comfort, began its approach to the assigned landing bay and Hester stood, her drink unfinished. She was wearing something that evoked one of the more traditional outfits of Scarif, an elegant gown that sat softly, nothing thick or heavy. This was a dress that almost appeared nude in colour, except it was just a trick of the light, the satin-like threads cool to her skin.

Her red hair pulled back, high in an ornate fashion. She was still a woman in her seniority and she would not be accused of trying to look young, especially to the seemingly never-again Amelia.

She walked into the hangar, her own security detail standing at the base of the ramp and she looked out for her reception detail.

AmeTemp.png
OLD FRIENDS

The woman wasn't one to ask others to do what she was not prepared and in this instance, it was to greet an old friend that she'd known for decades. Those memories of the Confederacy remained, deep in the back of her mind, and in some instances they would bubble to the surface, bringing with them doubt and concern that perhaps she could have taken some action or done something differently that would have resulted in a more positive outcome for what had been her home. Each time she was faced with the past, she confronted it, and the answer remained the same, there was nothing that she nor others could have done that would not have resulted in the Confederacy remaining and its people not being scattered across the Galaxy.

She had, for a time, remained with the remnants of that organization, hidden at the far ends of the Galaxy in a secluded grouping of Star Systems and Nebula. However, that was not where she felt she belonged, and after some time the woman had made her way back into the Galaxy proper; and it seemed that something pulled the two women together once more when they had first arrived along the Braxant Run. They both had found themselves within the circle of House Renoux, each with their missions and objectives, each slowly slipping away when it was clear that their fates lay elsewhere.

Amelia stood silently in the hangar bay, her hands resting in the pockets of her coat as she was adorned in simple attire that she had become rather accustomed to when not in armor or forced into a proper gown. The lights of the hangar had been dimed, though only such and not to the extent that an individual would not be capable of performing their duties or seeing where they were going or coming. A soft smirk tugged at the edge of her lip, a hint of her fang revealing itself when she saw the woman, still stunning even at her age.

"Welcome to the Keera Major Orbital Array, I trust that your trip wasn't too arduous."

There she was. Ever young, ever defiant. Hester rolled her eyes with a level of disbelief that peaked beyond sarcastic and opened her arms to Amelia.

‘Amelia, just waking these days seems arduous.’

She pulled her old friend close to her in a hold and looked at her intently. Hester had always felt like she was somebody on the run, desperate to escape whatever it was from her past that was chasing her. She wondered if her friend felt the same.

Hester had a son now, a grown man for all intents and purposes. He might find something to do in the Galactic Alliance. She had wanted him to follow her into the corporate world, inherit her millions but his love of flying fast and furiously seemed to draw him towards the excitement of a military posting. She would see.

‘You defy age so shamelessly. Have a care for the rest of us!’

She smiled warmly and checked behind her, Hester’s security detail and staff forming a group behind her as they walked.

This is all rather impressive, Supreme Commander Van Sorenn!’ she said with a playful weight.

‘Once the time was we’d have wanted to see this monstrosity out of action. Are you based here? Or is that a deep dark secret that only the military classes can know?’

Last edited:
AmeTemp.png
OLD FRIENDS

Amelia's lips pursed into a soft smile, one that was unusual for the woman given her propensity for stern looks and even sterner words when the need arose. She hadn't seen the woman in what seemed like ages, even though it had only been recently that they were both settled along the Braxant Run. Even after having found a new home in the Galactic Alliance, she still felt like something was missing, as though there was some hole within her very soul that was yet to be filled or satiated. Being pulled in had caught her off guard for a moment, though she recovered just as flawlessly and gracefully as ever as she permitted one hand to rest on Hester's hip whilst her other slipped back into the pocket of her coat.

"Shamelessly, perhaps. I find that some of the perks of my species are more enjoyable than others. Perhaps you could too, if you don't mind having to avoid sunlight and drink a bit of blood now and there."

The woman would permit a slight chuckle to slip from her lips, knowing that not many would choose to become the creature that Amelia was unless it was under some circumstance most dire. Her attention shifted away for a moment, golden-yellow eyes falling upon the entourage that was forming behind Hester before she was pulled back to provide her full attention.

"Most days I find myself working out of Coruscant, though the Orbital Array that you see has become something of a home away from that ecumenopolis at the heart of the Galaxy. For the moment I reside here, though there are plans to push further into the Deep Core for other purposes."

Amelia permitted a sly smile to cross her lips at the thought and the plans that she had for the Deep Core. However, that was neither here nor there for the moment, as she was more focused on her friend.

"And what of you? What is the ever-present Stateswoman and Corporate Magnate of Miss Shedo planning to spend her time in the Galactic Alliance?"

In truth, she needed a favour. She need absolution, an escape. She was, in a deeper sense, bored. She was tired of the games and the machinations. She wanted something worthwhile to combat, to build, to grow.

"Oh something to keep me occupied. My son is in need of a career and I thought 'if you can't vaporise them, join them!"

She laughed the melodic laugh she kept only for private and personal interactions. She sighed, loudly.

"Is it women only that must master the art of reinvention? They must be daughters, then lovers, then mothers, then grandmothers, all the while men stand static, locked in their sense of self, sure that if they remain steadfast, the galaxy will bend about them. We determine that the best way to get ahead is to plough ever onward. We have both seen the coming and going of grand ideas and small minded people. We have tasted extreme power and crushing falls from grace."

She looked meek, for perhaps the first time since in her life.

‘I haven’t seen Scarif for three decades. I built the bloody place!’

Her frustration soon turned to the same laughter, a release from the tension.

‘Tell me. What does the all-powerful ‘Gee-Ay’ have that all the others didn’t?’

AmeTemp.png
OLD FRIENDS

"Nothing..."

Amelia said in response to the question that had been poised, though it was just as much truth as anything else. The Galactic Alliance had nothing that had drawn the woman to their shores and permitted herself to be thrust upon the plinth of command. However, at the same time, there was so much more that it held within its territory, and even with the promise of conflict growing on the horizon, she still thought to forge ahead.

"Everything..."

She said, showing the other side of the coin that could be the Galactic Alliance. She took the moment to think, to pull the memories from the deep well as she thought about what had happened when she returned from the fringes of the galaxy. Each stop seemed to have something missing, and it wasn't until she arrived in the Galactic Alliance that she found those missing pieces that allowed her to, as Hester had said, wrap herself in a cacoon of reinvention.

"As to your quest to find something to keep you occupied, I do have something in mind that I could use an additional set of hands. An idea that came about after the experiences of watching the Confederacy fall and splinter until nothing remained save ash and memories."

She was intrigued, to say the least! It wasn't often that fortune favoured the outright hostile but that was Hester's way; ask directly.

"What could possibly require such attentions as the likes of me? You have piqued my interest. Amelia!"

She thought of the long fallen Confederacy and her role within it, of her rise to the inner circle of governance and its fall from grace. She had left, quickly and without overture, before the enemy at the gates could wrestle her from her office, the collapse coming fast and with fire. Her beloved Scarif, left in the hands of Viceroy Pravus Cruento, withstanding most of the ferocity with some success; it would be a dangerous and toxis virus that would see to the end of the region. She shook her head, trying her best to dismiss the images of that time.

"My son will be looking to make strong foundations here, Amelia. I hope my name isn't one of villainy and outrage. I'd hate to be snubbed from all the best parties. You know my wardrobe is grown considerably since we last met."
She spoke with warmth always; she saved the calculating venom for those she needed to strike down.

She was impossibly dangerous.

AmeTemp.png
OLD FRIENDS

Amelia took a moment, allowing her thoughts to collect as she chose her words carefully in regards to the question of her companion's last name. Carefully slipping her arm into the crook of Hester's so their elbows were linked together firmly, the woman nodded quietly as she permitted a slight sigh to slip from her lips before answering.

"Name, no, I do not foresee your name being one of villainy or outrage. However, unfortunately, it is our previous affiliation with the Confederacy of Independent Systems that will cling to us until the very end. In fact, part of the confirmation for me becoming the Supreme Commander involved the demand that I answer for the actions and decisions of the Confederacy merely because I serve in its upper echelon."

She shook her head slightly, disappointed that her previous affiliation would be held against her so that she was demanded to answer for decisions that she had no power over nor made. She had merely sought to serve the people that had claimed that region of home, just as she had come and established herself once more as a protector of the people now that she was within the Alliance. Those memories, however, could just as easily be dismissed and pushed to the back of her mind as she once more regarded her friend.

"I'm sure I could find your son a position somewhere, though not too high up as to avoid any claim of abuse of power. As for the other, it might be better if we got out of this stuffy hangar bay and into a bit more of an appropriate setting. My Office isn't too far from here if you don't mind a short trip."

The woman said with a soft and simple smile, one that showed she was genuine. There was no reason for her to hold all the cards to her chest when it came to the individual that stood by her side, not after what the two had accomplished and dealt with in the last few decades.

Hester listened intently to Amelia's words, her expression betraying a mix of understanding and frustration. The weight of their shared history with the Confederacy hung heavily in the air, a reminder of past deeds and allegiances that they could never fully shake off.

As Amelia linked her arm with Hester's, a gesture of solidarity amidst the uncertainty, Hester couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude towards her friend. Despite the challenges they faced, Amelia remained a steadfast ally, willing to navigate the murky waters of politics and power alongside her.

"Ah, the lingering shadow of the Confederacy," Hester mused, a wry smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "It seems our pasts continue to haunt us, no matter how far we try to put distance between the blast zone. But fear not, Amelia, for we shall weather this storm together, as we always have."

With a nod of agreement, Hester allowed herself to be guided towards Amelia's office, eager to continue their conversation in a more private setting. Though the spectre of their past loomed large, she found solace in the knowledge that she had a trusted friend by her side, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Hester couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. The mention of a new idea from the Commander intrigued her, and she was eager to learn more. However, amidst their conversation, she couldn't shake the weight of governance and the ever-shifting sands of power. There were a billion stars to count and not enough hands to count them on, her father had said to her on Scarif.

"It's remarkable, isn't it, Amelia?"
Hester remarked, her tone contemplative. "The complexities of governance, the constant struggle to balance ambition with responsibility. Power is such a fickle thing, always slipping through one's fingers just as it seems within reach."

She glanced sideways at Amelia, a hint of curiosity in her eyes.
"And yet, here we are, forging ahead despite the odds. What is this new idea of yours, my dear friend? In a world of uncertainty, I find myself eager for any spark of innovation or hope."

AmeTemp.png
OLD FRIENDS

Many would simply say that it would be easier, no, that what was needed was to let the past die, to kill it, and forge a future of their own making without looking to those that came before. However, there was still much to be learned from the past and to build upon the foundations and achievements of those who forged their path. It was unfortunate that the shadow of the Confederacy lingered over their actions, it would influence the attitudes of those around them more so than what they said or did now. Amelia, however, agreed with Hester, they were still there, standing tall and forging ahead whilst the Confederacy lay in the tomes of history and lore.

"The Confederacy will follow us, it is unfortunate, however, there was something I regretted losing more than anything else when all we had built began to crumble and fall."

Amelia mused for a moment as she walked with her old friend, admiring that the woman was still full of curiosity and a fire that had not been snuffed out from all that had been dealt to the two women. The idea itself was one born of the Confederacy, one that had already been shakily tested and implemented in the underbelly of the Sith Order that now spread across the region that their former allegiance had once held firmly in its grasp.

"When the Confederacy fell that was much that was lost. Achievements, great works, the people. However, of everything that was lost, it is the knowledge that we held that I lament most when I think of the end. I sought to alleviate that, however, I was too late in implementing the plan before the Confederacy was laid low."

She had looked to those that had come before them, watching as the Sith Order of its time along with the Outer Rim Coalition began to falter before ultimately failing. It was these moments that had born the idea that she was willing to share with this individual, a woman as stoic and steadfast as herself and willing to look into the very depth of the Galaxy and tell it that they would not be bent. It was refreshing, to be in the presence of one that was just as ambitious to grasp for power.

As the two made their way to the opulent Office that the woman often called home when she was away from Coruscant, Amelia smiled softly as she brought Hester towards the small display case; a brilliantly designed and embellished book sat within the case, as though it were waiting patiently to be opened and the contents within devoured by one with as much fire and ambition that Amelia held.

"This book, a tome of knowledge, lays out a singular plan, and though it specifies the Deep Core, it is a plan that can be implemented anywhere in the Galaxy. A means to allow those who come after to rise from the ashes when everything crumbles to dust around them. I was on the verge of creating its predecessor when the Confederacy came under attack; I was too late then to see The First Vault established."

Amelia looked up from the book, her golden-yellow hues falling upon her old friend as a soft smile slowly crossed her lips. Her hands carefully reached out to the display case, opening the glass door and reaching within as she removed the silvery songsteel embellished tome.

"The Solania Initiative, written as a contingency plan born from the experiences we faced in the Confederacy. I want your help to see it brought to fruition."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom