Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Friends, New Opportunities

Caedyn Arenais

C
"If you are less inclined to trust the biases and interpretations of other Jedi, how can you know you can trust your own? And if the interpretation is up to you, is that still following the will of the Force or interpreting it as we want?"

Caedyn's gaze dropped a little, and gave an abrupt chuckle in response to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun 's insightful query; "I guess it has a lot to do with Faith" Caedyn answered, "Whether it's myself, a member of the High Council or a rogue Force User, we can only do our best to interpret that which we're provided. And not all things are meant for one person, the message that is passed down will differ from person to person" Caedyn theorized, speaking what he assumed to be the case.

"We can't know for certain, of course...-But that's where faith comes into play, and our mindfulness to do our best in serving the Force. Protecting life, allowing it to flourish, standing by other people and giving what we can, when we can" Caedyn concluded with somewhat more confidence in his voice. He was, at heart, a man of faith at the end of the day.

"Are you suggesting to want to achieve Oneness as a permanent state?"

Tiland's question took him off guard, however, and Caedyn's surprise would have been visible. "Is that possible? For a living being to become one with the Force?" Caedyn asked. "I've only ever heard people refer to someone becoming one with the force, in death," he told the elder Jedi Master as they walked through the gardens together. While uncertain of their destination, the walk was pleasant and the environment around them was both beautiful and peaceful. It was enough for Caedyn to feel at peace, and at home once again on Svivren where he had previously resided.

Caedyn Arenais

"Ah, faith," Tiland replied, smiling wistfully. "That is always the challenge isn't it? Is our faith in ourselves misplaced? Can we trust our faith in ourselves? What about others who do not have the same faith in our selves that we do?"

He considered for a moment. "And those are wise insights- it will indeed be different for each of us, and the answers are ultimately unknown. I think that was the greatest challenge of Jedi in the past- they have been reliant on certainty and unwilling to admit that we lack many of the answers."

At the final question, he let out a deep breath, hands clasped behind his back and staring down at one of the plants in the garden. "Possible, yes, but even rarer than becoming One with the Force upon death, and it is often fatal. It requires a complete abandonment of self, of consciousness, and of identity, acting solely as a conduit of the Force."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Then that is not the answer that I seek" Caedyn spoke decisively in response as the pair walked the gardens of the Svivren Jedi Enclave, "I cannot yet risk losing myself and the positive impact that my service to the Galaxy could provide, the lives I may go on to serve, for the sake of clarity in my understanding alone. Such insight needs to be shared, not kept to any one individual" he expressed, his eyes travelling the ground ahead of them as if searching for answers in the stone pavement.

"Do you know of any particular Jedi Masters most capable of teaching one such as myself in the way of the seers, or would I be better suited to look outside of the Order for guidance on this path?" Caedyn would soon ask, glancing back to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun with a curious and thoughtful gaze. The Jedi Knight was not at all above seeking the guidance of other Force Users, for such a thing would be a waste of potential knowledge and experience that, despite not being Jedi, were still valuable members of their community. Such thinking would have been arrogance beyond the fibre of Caedyn's being.

"I cannot help but feel as though I am reaching for something, only to watch the air slip through my fingers" He added, speaking with a sense of loss. The Jedi Knight knew his goal, but not how to see it achieved, nor even which direction to take from here.

Caedyn Arenais

"There is wisdom in that answer," Tiland replied, considering. "That is one of the significant differences between Jedi and the Sith- when offered the chance at truly ultimate power through the Force, to an extent the Sith can only dream of, we give it up in favor of serving the greater good- and sharing that with the rest of the galaxy."

At the last question, Tiland tilted his head in consideration. "I have spent a great deal of time studying the Seer's path, and I cannot say that I know of many others who traveled that path."

There were the Tree-Dreamers of Qi-Ko, but the Sith occupation of their world had scattered them across the galaxy. He suspected some of them might have ended up in Svivren, but none he had heard of escaping the massacres. Many, he suspected had disappeared into the thousands of kilometers of tunnels and caves that ringed the world, but he had not been able to get in touch with them.

"The Baran Do sages were known particularly for their skill in precognition," Tiland added after a moment, deep in thought. "Dorin may be worth a visit. You may have met Veino Garn and the Jensaarai, while not ones for looking to the future, they did excellent work at establishing a powerful resistance movement against the New Imperial Order in that world. They may be able to connect you with some of the Sages."

Caedyn Arenais

C
" Veino Garn Veino Garn , yes I have worked with his people before, back when I was still the charge of this Enclave" Caedyn Arenais nodded, sparing another glance at their splendid surroundings. The Force was strong here, a neutral nexus of the Force surrounding the Enclave for the tragic past that had occurred during his father's youngling days. Life and death, a battle between the Jedi and the One Sith that had left few survivors, Veiere Arenais being among the only two, and his apprentice turned to the Darkside of the Force through his perceived abandonment and being left for dead.

"The Baran Do Sages and the Jensaarai" Caedyn repeated to himself, "These are good leads, thank you Master" he concluded with an appreciation for Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun 's assistance and guidance in the Jedi Knight's quest for knowledge. Caedyn was grateful for all that Tiland had done for him, now and over the past years. The man was wise and kind, and had long supported Caedyn; Even more so his Father Veiere, though Caedyn wasn't aware of their history. While some may have thought that Master Kortun spoke in riddles in response to the Jedi's questions, Caedyn had understood and welcomed the shared company, whether during a time of need or simply sharing a stroll around the Enclave's grounds.

"Can I trouble you with another question, Master?" Caedyn would soon ask, feeling somewhat guilty for the time that he had taken up, having approached his old friend with a need rather than having greeted him and spent time together as the friends that Caedyn felt they were; "What do you make of me? Of my current pursuits and my progress on the path?" he would enquire, seeking some sort of assurance that he had indeed come a long way since the days of his early entrance into service as a member of the greater Jedi Order.

Caedyn Arenais

Tiland nodded as Caedyn spoke. "You're certainly welcome, Caedyn. It was no trouble at all." The real trouble would be making enough connections to learn from them, but Caedyn was a highly experienced Jedi Knight. He was more than capable of arranging those connections and building up what he needed to learn.

The last question made him pause and lean heavily on his staff, lips pursed thoughtfully before turning to face Caedyn. "I am honored by your trust in me with that question." He spoke slowly, considering. "I think this journey you are on is the one you have always been on. Would you have had these questions and this desire if you had not lived your life as you had?"

He slowed to consider again. "Our lives, no matter how much we may regret them or second guess ourselves, are never wasted. Each choice is a footstep on the path the Force has put before us. But the path is yours and yours alone to gauge- I can no longer see your path's end than you can. Nor can I see how my own path ends. We see it as if with a lantern, only a step at a time. Looking back on your path, how do you assess your own journey?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn remained silent as he reflected upon his past and where he was today, within himself and the direction that he was headed as a member of the Jedi Order. Finding the importance in his pursuit of knowledge and respect for the Force felt far more fulfilling compared to his participation in past wars. This journey felt as though he was working to serve a much larger picture, giving him the purpose and direction in life that truly mattered.

"I feel at peace with my place in life, through this search for greater wisdom and understanding. There does not appear to be any risk or downside to this goal, and I find myself looking beyond what is considered commonplace in Jedi practice. To once again be seeking this knowledge, seeking to grasp what the Force truly means for me, yes I feel this has been something I started long ago as a Student of the Je'daii". Despite the remorse for his past contribution to the war, Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun was indeed right about the fact that where he was today, was because of all that he had been through. Were it not for all of his experience beforehand, then perhaps he would not have found himself pursuing his current goals as they were.

"I do expect that many of my questions will go unanswered, and I think that I will need to learn to be comfortable and accept that. To understand the Force in its entirety, I believe is beyond one man's lifetime. Though I do not plan to let this discourage me, I simply feel that what will come, will come" Caedyn concluded with a sense of peace about him. The Jedi Knight had always believed that the present was a blessing guided by the Force, and so whatever challenges and achievements might come his way, would do so when the time was right and when he was ready. There was no sense in worrying about things that had not happened, after all.

Caedyn Arenais

Tiland waited patiently as Caedyn reflected on the questions, then smiled as Caedyn began answering his own questions. That was often the process of learning, at least when it came to self-reflection and growth.

"If you feel at peace, then I think you have the answers you are looking for," Tiland said at last, with a gentle smile. "And even more than one man's lifetime, it is beyond even the lifetime of an Anzati. But that is the joy of the life of a Jedi, is it not?"

He chuckled. "Knowing there is no way to complete the task frees us from the pressure of feeling the need to complete it."

Tiland paused to cup a blooming flower in one hand and inhaled deeply "So what does that make of your next step?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Yet another great question from Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun sparked by the insight that ultimately gave Caedyn Arenais a sense of resolution, "If I'm never to understand the Force in its entirety, then I suppose I should simply focus on doing some good in the Galaxy and listen close to the knowledge that it does bestow upon me when it's the right time" Caedyn stated, "I guess if I set aside this 'need' to understand the Force, then I can focus on more achievable goals that will benefit the present while keeping myself open to higher learning through my experiences". It seemed like a simple conclusion to come to, to let aside all his concerns and need to control every aspect of his learning, but being able to sound off to someone like Master Kortun really did help to put things into perspective.

"Perhaps I'll speak to Veino Garn Veino Garn and offer him my assistance in whatever he might be doing with the Rimward Trade League. Put my energy into doing some good for the Outer Rim Territories when I'm able to. I still have a Padawan on Coruscant, after all," Caedyn smiled softly at the mention of Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau back within the Jedi Temple at the heart of the Galaxy. He often thought about the things he might be able to teach her, these thoughts and lessons that he himself had been undertaking; Yet at the same time, everyone learned at their own pace and he did not wish to overload her with his own questions and thoughts, on top of the classes and assignments that his Padawan was already tending to.

"There's always this Enclave too. I could teach others here. I used to be the Steward of the Enclave, after all" he mentioned thoughtfully, turning his gaze back upon their surroundings. The beautiful gardens surrounded the sizeable Jedi facility while the two walked one of the cobbled stone paths between the lavish and varied flowers in bloom.

Caedyn Arenais

Tiland could feel the shift, a sense of closure and acceptance in the subtle currents of unease that soothed them into a new sort of current. He smiled and nodded slowly.

"That is a wise conclusion, I think, Caedyn." There was something different in an approach like that- one counterintuitive and radically inefficient, at least when it came to achieving goals of understanding. Understanding, of course, was a form of power. But one of the Jedi ways was to surrender the need for power on behalf of the greater good.

"And those are both excellent options," Tiland agreed, "I'm sure he and Elias would appreciate your experience and insights, and Svivren Enclave could certainly use your skills."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded in agreement, satisfied with the outcome of their meeting and the wisdom shared between them. Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun had a way of reaffirming the Jedi Knight's confidence while saying very little, instead asking questions of Caedyn which would often lead him to draw out the answers in his own uncertainties. It was a skill that few others shared, and it conveyed the wisdom in all Tiland's lifelong experience. Perhaps Caedyn needed to look inward upon himself rather than seek the answers from others, and perhaps Tiland Kortun had identified this early on in their discussion.

"I shall reside here and operate out of the Enclave then, for the foreseeable future" Caedyn Arenais concluded, "It will be good to spend some time here at home once again, as the Outer Rim has not been my particular stomping ground for quite some time" he chuckled softly, making light of his absence as a means to lighten the discussion between them. Truthfully, Caedyn had always felt bad about having left the Outer Rim, but he was one man and could only be in one sector of the Galaxy providing service at a time.

Perhaps Elias Edo Elias Edo would welcome Caedyn's company on one of their exploration and excavation endeavours. The two had met prior to Tiland's arrival and so the Jedi Knight had a couple of leads to go on whereas the Rimward Trade League and the Jedi Coalition were concerned. There was always the possibility of breathing further life into the Coalition, although he had been gone a long time and did not wish to assume the mantle or step on anyone's toes by assuming he could just up and return as if nothing had changed. Still, the opportunity to contribute was an appealing possibility.

"I appreciate your assistance, Master Kortun. If there's anything I can do in return, please do ask it of me" he encouraged.

Caedyn Arenais

"Very excellent," Tiland replied with a smile, "We'll be glad to have you back. I'm sure the Svivreni will appreciate having a familiar Jedi back in the enclave rather than us eccentrics and mystics." He moved over and returned to sit on the bench with a sigh, smiling up at Caedyn. "And anytime, Caedyn, this is what the Jedi life is about, is it not?"

At the offer, he chuckled. "Well, if you know any particularly rare or unique tea plants, I can certainly appreciate those."

Caedyn Arenais

C
There was much to be done, with regards to the Jedi Enclave. Caedyn Arenais had already been delegating between numerous worlds, Mnemosyne, Coruscant and Kashyyyk, but making the Svivreni Enclave home again was a welcome idea. He had enjoyed serving within the Temple on Coruscant but the sheer size and fashion were a bit much for his taste.

The only thing that truly required him to return regularly was his Padawan Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , and this would also encourage his keeping in touch with Valery Noble Valery Noble and the few other Jedi that he had come to work alongside often. Truth be told, he had enjoyed being a member of numerous Jedi Organizations rather than simply focusing on one, much as he had done within the Order of the Silver Jedi. Now, he could come and go, offer what he could to a larger number of students and people, while also enjoying the sights and downtime upon the Repertoire where he would meditate and reflect between trips.

The Enclave of Svivren had been where his Father Veiere Arenais had grown up. It had also been used by the Je'daii Order where Caedyn's Master had taught him and then later given him the title of Enclave Steward. Caedyn had carried this title over to the Jedi when the Je'daii had disbanded and so returning once again, at this point in time felt like the right thing to do.

"I can't claim to be an expert on plant life but if memory serves, we do have a hydroponics facility here, so perhaps paying them a visit might assist you on that front. I'm guessing these herbs are for your tea" the Jedi Knight grinned, knowing well the elder Master's love for the hot beverage.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Caedyn Arenais

Thoughts and feelings emerged and rippled through the Force as Tiland sat in the silence of Caedyn's consideration. He hummed silently to himself.

"Oh? A hydroponics, is certainly an exciting place and method of growing herbs." He stood and rested a hand on the top of the quarterstaff. "I must admit to have not found it yet. I have been finding buildings not entirely to my liking recently. Perhaps you could show me the way?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Absolutely. Off to the Agricultural & Living Sciences Wing then" Caedyn Arenais responded happily, extending a hand in encouragement for Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun to accompany him. The outside gardens were a marvellous place to meet and talk, but the air was beginning to cool, and the older Master had given Caedyn cause to return indoors to the old familiar territory of his once full-time home.

It was an odd feeling to be back. Caedyn was very glad for it, and yet with all the history that had passed and the knowledge that this Enclave was once his ambition to lead with a drive that seemed so distant nowadays, it was difficult to imagine himself being in a place of leadership once more. The Jedi Knight had been fond of the position, and that others would look to him for support and guidance, yet he had since dedicated himself to several pockets of the Galaxy in recent years that it felt like an unrealistic dream of his youth.

Perhaps returning to Svivren on a more permanent basis would do him some good, feel less rushed to transition from world to world and be able to put more time and care into each place he visited. "So, I think you mentioned being less involved with the Jedi of the Rimward Trade League these days?" Caedyn spoke as they moved indoors, leading his friend through the main hall towards the eastern side of the Enclave where they would eventually find the Living Sciences Wing. "From what I've gathered, it sounds like many of the people I had known, have since moved on", Caedyn hadn't seen any familiar faces since he had stopped by, though perhaps with time that could change.

"And here we are" he announced as they arrived within one of the larger rooms of the Living Sciences Wing, the hydroponics and vegetation area for which several other Jedi were present and tending to the needs of the produce that had been being grown there. "Where you looking for anything specific, Master?" Caedyn asked, turning to look at Tiland curiously.

Caedyn Arenais

Tiland nodded and followed Caedyn as they made their way through the Enclave. It was quite a large building with more than a few corridors and other ways of moving. Tiland had to admit that he had never actually memorized the layout of the building, primarily only coming in and out for brief stays.

"In a sense, yes," Tiland replied, letting the rhythm of the staff guide him. "They are good people and good Jedi, and I am helping in teaching many of the younger Jedi. But as is most of then case, I am not one to be tied down to locations or organizations."

Starting them, indeed, perhaps even helping them chart their future course, but it was not his way to remain in any one place. The Force continuously called him forward and onward in his path across the galaxy, wherever it may lead him. Some called it restlessness, others a lack of commitment and dedication. But what does it mean to be committed to an organization? To its people? Its ideas?

The thought mulled over in Tiland's mind as they walked and he quirked an smile at Caedyn's question. "I must admit that if I knew what precisely I was looking for, that would be the answer. No, I remain open to exploration and what my instincts tell me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom