Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old And New Friends

It had been a couple months since Kahlil had found himself with the Silver Jedi. He had learned a lot on what it meant to be one of them, but he still hadn't figured out how to use the Force as they did. It was so incredibly different from how the Sith had taught him that he often felt lost and alone. It was only because of [member="Eenia Vahn"] that he had been able to keep up with his training.

But today was a day off, time to relax and enjoy the day. He was in the spaceport at the nearby coffee shop, drinking his usual monster of an iced latte and watching the people wander by. It had always been a preferred pastime of his.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie quite liked Kashyyyk. There were few races quite like the Wookiees, and few trees like the wroshyr. The raw strength and natural power of the planet reminded her to rely on only herself, to hone her abilities, her skills, her inner fire. The Wookiees had a fire few could match -- funny how they had so much drive but chose the opposite route to many other industrial races.

But her reason for coming here was not to admire the trees or carpets. She'd managed to carve out enough leave time after nearly a multi-month tour with the Dauntless. It had been too long, far too long.

The young woman was clad in her standard garb, with concealed weapons in all the right places. Black cap, nerf-hide boots, leather jacket, white t-shirt, jeans. And of course a fake ID so she can pass off as another young woman named Jacquelyn.

She'd taken a fair few precautions. The Jedi were not the sorts of people she trusted -- and hiding her presence was simple enough with a few Taozin amulets. And thus her search began... she hoped that he hadn't changed much.

[member='Kahlil Zambrano'][member='Eenia Vahn']

Bribing Eenia to go out was far too easy. Just promise the girl food, or iced coffee, and it was a done deal. No refusal, no protests, no real questions. Perhaps that was her naive side shining through, but naturally that thought didn't ever crop up for the blonde. Of course, Kahlil didn't ever need to bribe her to do anything, all he had to do was simply ask and that was that.

However, iced coffee was definitely a reward in and of itself. A fact which had Nia sitting beside Kahlil now with both of her hands wrapped around her admittedly smaller drink. She didn't seem to care that they were in the spaceport, though she had expressed curiosity more than once about what they were doing. Regardless, Nia was content. Spending her day off from training, just doing whatever with Kahlil? That seemed like a pretty good deal to her.

Though she did lean her cup back a bit and frown at it a little, "I should have gotten a larger size..." she said, more to just say it aloud than to actually address him with her words.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"], [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

"You can always get another one if you want." Kahlil grinned to [member="Eenia Vahn"] , glancing from his people watching when he heard her comment. He was certainly happy to have Nia around, even if it was just a small coffee date. She's what made him stick around to try and be a Jedi after all. He leaned on the counter, resting his chin in his palm as he looked her over.

"I'll buy."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

When she spotted Kahlil there was a moment of pause. He hadn't changed all that much -- and that was reassuring to Kelsie. It reminded her that it hadn't actually been that long, and she shouldn't worry too much. Still, she'd missed her friend.

After a few deep breaths she slowly walked into the coffee shop, sneaking in behind another person. She slipped along, coming up behind Kahlil and his apparent date.

"Boo," she whispered.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Eenia Vahn"]

Eenia made a slight face, "I dunno..." she let out, observing the cup in her hands. "If I get more, I may very well vibrate when I walk." she shrugged, and then grinned up at him.

A grin that faded slowly when the pair of them were no longer alone. The blonde loft a brow slowly at the body that had come up, once she had shifted around enough to see properly. Her fingers drummed just once against her cup, and her gaze flicked from this stranger, to Kahlil, and back again.

"Bah. I don't think you'd have that much of an iss-" Kahlil sorta jumped at the Boo behind him, his eyes going wide. He turned in his seat, glancing to [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] with almost a bit of fear in his eyes before they relaxed. Usually he was able to sense the people around him, but it made sense he couldn't feel Kelsie. She had the same amulet he did after all. A wide grin formed as he stood from his seat, pulling his friend into a hug.

"Kelsie! When did you get here? It's so good to see you." He was grinning like a goof when he pulled from the hug, glancing her over. No new scars from what he could tell, so hopefully that meant she hadn't gotten into any fights. Though, he doubted it. Hazel eyes turned to [member="Eenia Vahn"] as Kahlil kept the grin, nodding his head to Keslie beside him. "This is Kelsie. She's the one who helped me get free of the Sith and taught me how to fly." Then he turned, wrapping an arm around Eenia's shoulder to hold her close. "And this is Eenia. She's been helping me learn how to be a Jedi. And she's my girl."

Kahlil was as stupid as when he'd left.

Kelsie hugged him tightly, but let go when he did, giving one of her perfect smiles for a moment. She was just happy to see him again -- and happy that he wasn't an absolute mess. At least he wasn't dead... but perhaps this was worse; he was a Jedi. There was a small flicker of anger on her face, but just as fast it was replaced by... annoyance. As soon as he said what he did, her hand flashed up and she flicked him on the forehead. "She's not property you moron."

Her demeanor completely shifted when she turned to Eenia. Her smile returned and she stuck out a hand for a shake. "Nice to meet you, Eenia. Been keeping him on the right track, yeah?" Kelsie didn't really like the Jedi for... personal reasons. But if Kahlil liked her, then she'd stick it out for him.

Surprise colored Eenia's face when Kahlil turned and embraced this person. Though surprised she may be, she relaxed visibly as the greeting seemed to go over well. She and Kahlil hadn't really sat down and discussed very many people from his...before, though as he went on to explain just who this person was, Nia's face lit up.

"Oh!" she didn't quite exclaim, though came pretty close, and when a hand was offered out to her in greeting she took it eagerly. "It's nice to meet you too," she assured. Her gaze then shift to Kahlil and her smile turned warm almost instantly. "I've been doing what I can." she answered easily enough, which was true.

Kahlil blinked as he saw the flash of anger in [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] expression before it turned to annoyance. Oh crap. He already knew what was going to come next and braced himself. The flick made him flinch in pain, a frown forming as he rubbed his forehead. "I know that. I just meant.. Bah." He just shook his head as Kelsie and [member="Eenia Vahn"] shook hands and spoke to one another.

At least they got along. A relieved smile took over his features as he watched them. Kahlil met Eenia's gaze and smiled wide before turning back to Kelsie. "So what brought you here? A job?"

"Seems like my efforts didn't pay off, only thing I didn't teach him was manners." Kelsie chuckled softly and shook her head. She supposed he didn't need her anymore -- and that was fine. Having to check in on him all the time sucked.

She grabbed herself a chair and sat down beside them as she listened to his question. Did she really need a reason to visit? She let out a small sigh. "Oh Kahlil'" she said, rolling her eyes. "I came here to tell you how horrible you are at not leaving a trail. For one, you used the fake ID that I gave you. And you really didn't expect me to come track you down?" She didn't want Jedi to be the only people he hung out with. That'd be quite horrible...

Kelsie really regretted not coming sooner. She'd over committed herself to things that weren't as important -- she felt like she was missing the growth of her son into a man a second time. She didn't want that feeling, to say the least.

[member='Eenia Vahn'] [member='Kahlil Zambrano']

In that moment, Kelsie would never know how glad Eenia was that there was another person on Kahlil's side. Granted, she knew there were others who wanted to help, who were trying to help him, but there was a difference in tolerable/friendly acquaintances and friends. And seeing that Kahlil had at least one more friend on his side? It made Nia feel like she wasn't crazy for sticking by his side.

Not that he could get rid of her now even if it had made her feel crazy.

It just made her wish that more people could step away and see what he was trying to become. Yes, she understood bad blood, but even people like her sister - who had no prior dealings with him up until Eenia had introduced them...It just frustrate her.

So for the moment, she sat and let the pair catch up, with the slightest bit of amusement on her face as she watched and listened.

"Of course I expected you to find me. I just, figured you'd only come by if you had business." He mumbled a response to [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] as he retook his seat, glancing with an embarrassed blush between [member="Eenia Vahn"] and the other woman. Of course he used the fake ID she gave him. It was the only one he had that kept the general population from knowing who he was.

"It's really good to see you though. They uh. The Jedi. There's a way to help me."

"Jeez. You know me. I do things when I want to," Kelsie said with a small chuckle. Impulse, feeling, the Force -- whatever it was called, Kelsie followed only that. She was a surprisingly emotional person at times, despite her red streak.

She hadn't really expected him to find any other IDs lying around that he could use. But that begged the question -- "Does she know?" Kelsie whispered to him, before immediately going back to the conversation at hand, nodding as he spoke. "Yeah, you mentioned that in your note... are you alright now?" His condition scared her, actually. The idea of having the kind of gun that could fire and kill someone from anywhere across the galaxy -- power. She was more of a face-to-face person, though.

[member="Eenia Vahn"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"She knows." Kahlil nodded his head to [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] 's whispered question, again glancing from her to [member="Eenia Vahn"] . He trusted Nia with his life, as much as he trusted Kelsie with it. "Not yet, but I have a location. A well in CIS space that can heal me, hopefully, of my Father's curse." He sounded hopeful, but there was still the fear in his eyes. He had been gone for so long, how much longer could he go before his Father got bored of him?

But that wasn't what he wanted to talk about, he forced a warm smile, turning his attention to his drink. "So, how's your life been? Hows uh.. Well. I never did get his name did I." He laughed. Nervously. The first time he saw Kelsie's seemingly boyfriend was the day he left so he wasn't a burden on her life anymore.

Kelsie nodded and smiled to both of them. That was good, Kahlil needed people he could trust -- Kelsie needed a few as well. Perhaps she'd be able to find another friend in the young blonde who seemed so fond of Kahlil. Not that she fully trusted anyone -- anything could happen, and Kelsie was fully prepared to shoot her way out of this little coffee shop... but if a former Sith could adjust to hanging out with Jedi, perhaps Kelsie could as well. Perhaps.

"In CIS space, huh? Need a ride?" That was easy... she was likely going to be called back soon anyways as she'd recently applied for a position in the CIS' intelligence agency. She'd mention it later. "I think the toilet needs cleaning, Kahlil. I know you're a master with the plunger," she joked.

"Niklaas." Kelsie looked out the window, thinking about him for a moment before returning to the present. "Really good. We've been spending a lot of time together lately... got him off that mess of a planet Lithios finally."

"Ha. Hahahaa. Yep. Toilet bowl cleaner extraordinaire. Nothing weird or embarrassing about that!" There was, at least by how red Kahlil's cheeks got when [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] mentioned it. He glanced right to @Enia Vahn , shaking his head. no, he was just making a bigger deal of something small. "But.. Yeah. Allya said there was a spring that might truly be able to help. Getting a ride into CIS space, especially since Metus and my father seem to be getting on more friendly terms, would be good. Last thing I need is some Obsidian Knight coming around to hand me off to the Sith for the sake of their alliance." Were they really going to become allies? Kahlil had no idea. But he wasn't about to risk his life trusting a Sith Lord's intentions.

Kelsie chuckled softly at his embarrassment and decided not to tease him further and most definitely ruin his chances with this young blonde Jedi. It was nice to see that he'd found someone... she'd forgo talking about her own little romantic endeavors and mishaps.

"Allya, the Dauntless girl?" Kelsie gave a small nod, listening closely to his explanation. She honestly had no idea who Metus was; someone had probably explained it to her and she'd forgotten. But if it was important to Kahlil she'd keep it in mind. "Well I'm sure I can help you out, then. If you want, of course, you probably don't want a granny like me driving you around."

"Aye, the Dauntless one. And y'know, daughter of Metus. The leader of the CIS." Kahlil raised a brow suspiciously to [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] as she seemed to not understand who exactly Metus was. He did chuckle at the mention of granny though. "Come on, we both know you're barely older then me, even with all those extra years under your belt." He gave the woman a wink before turning to [member="Eenia Vahn"] , nodding his head.

"We can go with her. Meet up with Allya. Get to the fountain. What do ya think?"

Surprisingly - or maybe not so much, when considering her personality - Eenia had sat back and merely enjoyed the banter between the two friends. It did make her wonder what it would be like to catch up with some of her own friends from back home on Denon, but would they even have anything in common anymore? Or would that matter?

Whatever the case, Nia's focus shifted to Kahlil when she was addressed, and her brows lofted at his proposal. "Well, I mean if that's what we need to do in order to help you, then yeah. Of course I'm all for it." All for it without a wit of hesitation to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom