Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Acquaintances and Less Than Legal Armaments

I'd recently helped get someone off of Nar Shadaa and away from Miss Blonde. While I wasn't sure standing in her way was a wise choice I didn't feel right about taking her in for the bounty. In any case I'd come to Nar Shadaa to meet another padawan I'd fought alongside on Malachor and more than that get some weapons that I'd need to mount on my new ship. The Valkyrie was nothing if not surprisingly agile and durable probably due to having been a Mandalorian ship before I'd found it.

In any case speed and durability could only get me so far and I needed to give The Valkyrie claws and teeth to fight back with. In terms of weapons and things for sale of questionable legality there really wasn't any place that was better than Nar Shadaa. As it was I'd gotten some intel from several probe droids I'd launched to the planet's surface that there were some weapons systems along with other parts that'd give The Valkyrie an edge. I'd also gotten coordinates from the probe droids as to where those parts and weapons systems were located.

Sending a transmission to the Jedi Padawan I was scheduled to meet I gave him coordinates of where to meet me on the main docks along with a message saying The first round is on me. Sending the transmission I began re-entering atmo and plotted a descent course and landing zone for the Valkyrie. Guess I'd see him soon...

@Ar'ekk

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Ar'ekk had changed over the years since he last met with Rasu Gan and Celiana on Voss. His figure morphed in something different due to injuries of war. He had received a transmission to assist a Jedi Knight in Nar Shaddaa, whose name was not revealed for their safety.

The Jedi landed on a public ship in Nar Shadda, a place short of friendly people and filled with scum. This was the right planet to come if you wanted to find out-of-the-ordinary-and-not-so-official type of work or simply 'illegal' if you wanna be blunt and call it by its actual name.

This mission seemed promising for once to get out of the routine and usual 'sit around and do nothing' life he had been carrying for the last months. Ar'ekk landed on the main docks as instructed by this strange Jedi figure he was supposed to meet there, looking around casually for a familiar figure. The Padawan had no idea who she was or if it was even a she, could her be human even?

It was time to find that out real soon.

[member="Celiana"]

As I made my way towards the docks in the Valkyrie I set down on one of the further docks out due to the size of my ship. After I'd set down I wired the docking fee to the proper place and then wired another ridiculous amount of credits to several sources. The things I was looking for here weren't exactly legal but I needed people to look the other way. My armor was already on and I clipped my helmet to my belt along with blades and blasters before pulling my hood up and exiting the Valkyrie. Triggering lockdown protocols on my ship I headed towards another figure in what looked to be a Jedi cloak. Skirting through the crowd I began weaving my way towards him, until finally I was behind him and to the left.

"I believe you are who I'm to meet with Mr.?" I'd always been good at weaving through crowds and I'd maintained the skill since leaving Coruscant years ago. Now that I was here beside him I drew back my hood and cast my senses over him. There was something familiar about him but I couldn't quite place it...

@Ar'ekk

Arekk

As he turned around to face this seemingly familiar figure, the hood covering part of his head came down with practiced bravado. The voice of this person brought him flashbacks to his early teachings and training during Voss. It was of someone he met years ago but never really talked to or bonded at all but he knew after everything. It was Rasu Gan's other apprentice, Celiana. They briefly met and trained years ago before the war erupted and their paths separated.

"It's Ar'ekk Daesharacor." the Jedi replied to her with a warm welcoming smile. He wanted her to realize who he really was despite his appearance took a drastic change over the last time.

"I am here to assist you in whatever you need, fellow Jedi."

Ar'ekk laid eyes upon the Valkyrie, a magnificent ship for its kind. There was some beauty in it that caught his eye.

[member="Celiana"]

His face may have changed but I recognized the young man who'd been possessed alongside myself and Master Rasu on Malachor. Smiling I said "Ar'ekk it's been a long while since Malachor. Though perhaps leave the fact we're both Jedi to the imagination, this is Nar Shadaa after all. I suggest we move someplace a tad louder though as there are listening ears around on the docks." Seeing Ar'ekk again reminded me of Master Rasu which made me a bit sad, I hadn't seen her in a long time. While I'd been granted the rank of Jedi Knight I still felt that I needed to take the trials with Master Rasu there, the Echani were fairly big on traditions. Master Rasu deserved the recognition for having trained me.

For now though I needed to be armed for whatever came against me. Odds were Nar Shadaa would help me do that, illegal armaments were one of the things that always seemed to come from this corner of the galaxy. Seeing as how I was never one to be predictable that suited me just fine...

@Ar'ekk

Arekk

"I'm glad you managed to recognize me after all this years, Celiana." the young Jedi replied, smiling widely. It was certain that the thought of two Jedi in Nar Shaddaa was more than a dangerous combination so it had to be kept in secrecy.

The task was not yet revealed by his companion as of yet but regardless of what it was, he'd tag along just fine.

"So tell me. What are we doing here exactly? I can get the picture of why we are at Nar Shaddaa."

Ar'ekk waited for an answer as he looked around, making sure no one was following them.

[member="Celiana"]

Lowering my voice I said "people who endure what we went through on Malachor tend to carry it with them, it's the ones like us who adapt after who don't let it change who we are that show what it means to be Jedi." Walking alongside him I looked around as I pulled my hood over my head I looked towards Ar'ekk. "Why we're here is that with the galaxy constantly at war and my having just acquired the ship you saw earlier that has only stock laser cannons I need some heavier armaments. Nar Shadaa is known for being able to supply things that aren't always...legal. The Council of Masters and I generally don't agree in our methods but I figure that since the Valkyrie is for all intents and purposes my home I should be able to defend it with any and all methods available to me."

"How about you Ar'ekk? Surely there's something the Smuggler's Moon has to offer you, I mean I know you're here to help me but still that can't be the only reason you're here...."

@Ar'ekk

Arekk

"Coming to Nar Shaddaa's like being at home. I might be here for something, yes, but let's focus on your task first." he replied with quickness and swiftly. He did not want to waste time in this world filled with scum and villainy although they'd found a couple of friends of his on the way.

The war had made the duo reencounter to gather up resources and being able to become battle-ready whenever the situation required. The city ran by Hutts was the perfect scenario to find parts and weapons needed to carry out this such hardous task and they both knew where to look.

"Let's get going on your command, Celiana." Ar'ekk said, gesturing towards the other end of the docks.

[member="Celiana"]

Simply nodding I said "Drinks first A'rekk I propose heading to a cantina before getting underway. I'd arranged a meeting with someone before we get started fully. I've...recently found something out about myself that I wasn't planning on. Plus we could always use more information." I silently wondered if Andorreth would choose to pursue my message or not...I wondered too about Zephyr, when we'd last seen each other I'd still been a padawan. More than that though he'd cared for me even though he'd had some darkness in him he'd been true to who he was. I couldn't help but feel that I'd pushed him away because I'd been lying to myself about the darkness within myself... I couldn't help but feel that perhaps I should try reaching back out to Zephyr...

Shaking my head I continued towards the closest cantina to await the arrival of Andorreth Vikar. For all I knew there'd been some specific reason as to why The Force had decided we should come together. In my experience it'd be a better idea to heed the will of The Force than fight it....

@A'rekk

Arekk

Nar Shaddaa and its cantinas were an special place to find trouble. This paid no mind to the young Jedi and his companion who simply wandered in like they owned the place and sat down near the bar, ordering two of the strongest of drinks. Ar'ekk continously looked over his shoulder, as if something through the Force was telling him to worry. Worry about that? It was impossible to be sure but it was a strange feeling. Perhaps nothing was going to happen at all.

"So, tell me. What have you been doing after all these years? Look at you, Jedi Knight of the Silver Order. I wonder where Master Rasu Gan is right now because I have not seen her since Voss."

The Jedi's mind went through all the memories and conversations held with Rasu Gan. All of them, including the day they met in Coruscant when she found the gifted child amongst the crowd of thousands in the market area of CoCo Town in the lowest of parts of the capital.

[member="Celiana"]

It definitely felt like years to be fair Malachor had been about a year ago... "Ahhh well...I was forced to seek out some rather....different mentors and such upon Master Rasu having left Voss. Actually I left Voss and stuck to some rather shadowy corners of the galaxy upon her leaving. I was actually off-planet when I was told to return to, The Masters in my absence had seen fit to grant me knighthood. However...I won't consider myself a full knight until I can take the trials with Master Rasu I'd decided she'd be the one to cut my braid even though I could at any time..." Looking at my drink I downed a large portion of it before looking at Ar'ekk. I missed Rasu dearly....and I too wondered where she'd gone...

@Ar'ekk

Arekk

"I no longer consider myself part of The Silver Jedi. After the war errupted, I saw that I was better being on my own. After all, that's how I lived most of my life before meeting Master Rasu. The things I saw on the battlefield made me realize it was not worth it anymore. I am independent now, looking for a new path in life."

His eyes were slightly bright, as if he had gotten a bit emotional. He held back to not show any emotion, repressing all thoughts. Ar'ekk turned to [member="Celiana"] and resumed the chat.

"It seems we've caught people's attention here. Are we meeting someone in this place?"

As he looked over his shoulder again, trying to see if someone approached the duo sitting by the bar of the cantina. The music and the chatter was loud, making it impossible to hear anything unless you talked to eachother's ear closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom