Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Olacet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical-Experiment-Vial-Vaccine.jpg

Image Source: Found here

Intent: To produce a new pharmaceutical for the Galaxy at large.

Development Thread: Dance of Fire and Water

Manufacturer: Salacia Consolidated

Model: Olacet Serum

Affiliation: Open market

Modularity: None

Production: Mass Produced

Material: Refined Ho'ola plant serum

Description: The Ho'ola plant was discovered on Raevana after Judah Dashiell first visited the planet with the Levantine Sanctum. Having a lightbulb moment with the potential use of an untouched planet, he sent back a team of scientists and botanists under the protection of Firemane Industries to collect samples for further analysis. The Ho'ola plant was shown to have pain killing properties in the sticky serum that was found in its yellow 'heads'. Work went about refining the serum into a usable, medical grade product. The pain killing properties provide relief for some of the most toughest situations, such as burns or loss of limbs or post surgery.

Medical : Dosage for refined Ho'ola is 5mg for every 70kg of body weight. Patients should not receive no more than 10mg per 70kg per 24 hours or face serious side effects and possibly death. Refined Ho'ola serum in a long-term use situation can damage the central nervous system, which would result in seizures, paralysis, and permanent slurred speech. Short span side effects in a hospital setting revolve around respiratory depression and fluid retention. Taking more than the 10mg per 70kg per 24 hours will result in adverse side effects becoming apparent in the patient but will result in a gradual build-up to the most severe side effects as drug tolerance builds and a higher and higher dose is required to achieve the same effects.Olacet serum should be delivered via hypospray only as all other dosage methods are not approved. Mid-to-long term use of the drug results in a addiction rate of twenty percent.

Dosage : 5mg per 70kg of bodyweight in humans and near-humans. No more than 10mg per 70kg per 24 hours.

Addiction Rate : Twenty percent of users who use the drug for more than three weeks per traumatic event.

Packaging : 10ml vials, twelve to a case

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Judah Dashiell"]

So the drug is useless to people in excess of 140kg? And it's only medicinal value is as a pain killer?

[member="Valik"]

Apologies, I left out the line "No more than 10mg per 70kg per 24 hours". Missed the fact I didn't put the weight in.

To answer the second part of your question yes, its just a high potency pain killer.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy

I keep trying to look at this submission as a pain killer but all I can see is a surefire way to kill someone in two or three doses of a mass produced item. Could we possibly make the effects a little less lethal?

[member="Valik"]

Alright, I edited the last several lines. Mainly I tried to focus on more of a drug tolerance rather than an almost instant death scenario. Is that a bit less lethal or were you looking for more in terms of knocking it down? For reference I am basing much of the drug on our real life morphine and the tolerance folks tend to build towards it over time in a long use situation.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy

That's great. I couldn't stop looking at it and being like "I could ramp up the dosages and put this in a grenade and kill people easy." and didn't figure that was your intent. Pending approval. Have fun with your drugs. I know I'll have fun with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom