Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okikuti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
geonosian_jedi_by_roguedragon.jpg

Okikuti with his lightsaber

Image source: [X]

Name: Okikuti
Loyalties: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Role: He is a private detective

Development Threads: The capital Confederate sins (30 posts)

Species: Geonosian

Appearance: See the above image

Personality: He can get angry when the quality of the information does not hold up to scrutiny, or when he is unsatisfied with the quality of the level he is given, but is otherwise calm and collected off-duty; he is an information hound that goes to great lengths to obtain information. When he suspects people to be lying to him, he will get angry, plus he has a mind for detecting lies and hypocrisy.

Force Sensitivity: Knight

Weapon of Choice: Double-bladed lightsaber (melee), Force-lightning (ranged)

Skills:
  • Telekinesis (Apprentice-level)
  • Force-sense (Knight-level)
  • Mind trick (Knight-level)
  • Force-jump (Apprentice-level)
  • Tapas (Apprentice-level)
  • Force-lightning (Apprentice-level)
  • Drain Knowledge (Knight-level)
  • Force-fear (Apprentice-level)
Wealth: 5,000 credits

Combat Function: He would be able to use a green-bladed lightsaber, using Ataru (Knight-level)

Notable Possessions: A set of black robes, a datapad

History: Born into the warrior caste on Geonosis, Okikuti voluntarily entered gladiatorial combat and survived, but it was found that he could survive in the gladiatorial arena only by drawing upon the dark side of the Force. Since Geonosians were rarely seen using the Force, the mere existence of a Geonosian dark-sider made the news all over the planet, but as is traditional of warriors that survive gladiatorial combat, he ended up being in exile. This event drove him further into the dark side of the Force, hoping to be welcomed back into Geonosian society one day. For this reason, he was ecstatic when a Sith Knight ended up taking him under his wing as an apprentice, in hopes that he will gain sufficient skill in the dark side of the Force to be able to win back the trust of the Geonosians at home.

He was proving to be a rather slow learner, living up to the reputation of his species being difficult to train in the ways of the Force, alongside the Vulptereen and the Ewoks, but nevertheless managed to be a rather advanced acolyte by the time of the Eighth Battle of Ruusan. After the death of his master during the Eighth Battle of Ruusan, which ended up being a pyrrhic Sith Triumvirate victory over the Silver Sanctum Coalition, he was left without a master but nonetheless continued his studies of the dark side of the Force over the five years that followed, using a green-bladed lightsaber captured from a dead Jedi during the battle. While he attempted his return to Geonosis, alongside a few survivors of the Sith Triumvirate when it collapsed, he was immediately captured and scheduled for execution alongside the other members, mostly acolytes, of the failed expedition to strike at the heart of the then-Techno Empire. He was the only Force-using prisoner that survived the riot caused by the Triumvirate's attempt at rescue, and was offered knighthood and expungement of criminal records in exchange of which he had to serve the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Intent: To provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a dark side trainer, as well as with a private detective

[member="Klesta"]

If I'm honest, I continue to be perplexed as to the need for all these Force-User trainers you keep writing up. The point of an RP forum is to generate activity through the membership, so ideally, training should be conducted by PC members, not NPCs. That noted, let's get this worked through:

- You're getting the hang of an appropriate ability level for these characters. I can't complain as to the abilities you've set for the character, as they're in line with his 'rank'. That said, you noted that the CIS promoted him to Knight, rather than the Sith, and by that turn, he would not have completed his training (since his Master died in battle), and therefore his abilities should be closer/equivalent to Acolyte level.

- Would you mind linking me to the thread wherein the 'Eighth Battle of Ruusan' occurred?

- The CIS cannot offer Knighthood and a 'Darth' title to a Sith - he would classify as an Adept by their rankings, but not those of the Sith. He is therefore either a Knight by CIS classification, or an Acolyte among the Sith. Please do make this distinction.

- It is highly unlikely that a being with such a considerable criminal record (expunged or otherwise) would thereafter be recruited by a local police force.

If you could let me know when you've made a few edits to reflect these concerns, we'll move you along.

Thanks!

Klesta

Tirdarius said:
[member="Klesta"]

- You're getting the hang of an appropriate ability level for these characters. I can't complain as to the abilities you've set for the character, as they're in line with his 'rank'. That said, you noted that the CIS promoted him to Knight, rather than the Sith, and by that turn, he would not have completed his training (since his Master died in battle), and therefore his abilities should be closer/equivalent to Acolyte level.

- Would you mind linking me to the thread wherein the 'Eighth Battle of Ruusan' occurred?

- The CIS cannot offer Knighthood and a 'Darth' title to a Sith - he would classify as an Adept by their rankings, but not those of the Sith. He is therefore either a Knight by CIS classification, or an Acolyte among the Sith. Please do make this distinction.

- It is highly unlikely that a being with such a considerable criminal record (expunged or otherwise) would thereafter be recruited by a local police force.

If you could let me know when you've made a few edits to reflect these concerns, we'll move you along.

Thanks!
  • He had five IC years after the Eighth Battle of Ruusan to train and go along his Sith business, and he was rather advanced as an acolyte at the time; he would probably have been knighted earlier were it not for his master's death in combat
  • It is assumed that each side had NPC complements of Force-users in Invasions, many of whom are not codexed in the first place. The Eighth Battle - Coalition Invasion of Triumvirate Ruusan, which took place pre-Omega, was ultimately a pyrrhic Sith Triumvirate victory
  • I accept that Okikuti is a knight-level dark-sider without a Darth title
  • Geonosian police never planned for the possibility of FU criminals, and would otherwise not be equipped for questioning FU criminals: security droids and organic Geonosian police agents are just fine for NFUs but they realized it would not cut it for FUs when the Triumvirate came to riot on Geonosis
  • The reason why I want the CIS to have some NPC trainers, light and dark, is to be able to supplement the training of apprentice-level PCs in the case that PC trainers are away due to real-world issues: NPCs usually have better OOC availability than the writers behind PCs
But here, I made some edits reflecting the above.

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Klesta"]

The improvements are better. I noticed that most of the powers on the character have moved from Acolyte to Knight level - I honestly thought you had the balance better when it was the other way around!

As a quick check: has the Faction asked you to develop this NPCs, or are they mostly for your own use, with potential additional use for the CIS? Just want to clarify the intent behind the submission, and whether these subs are something the Faction genuinely wants. Would you mind clarifying that for me? Thanks!

Klesta

[member="Tirdarius"] The Confederate players claimed that I have been too biased towards the light with the past NPC subs, yet these NPCs addressed some faction needs for skills that the active PCs do not have, and this one addresses another one of these gaps.

Personally as a writer I have little use for a dark-side trainer, and I downgraded Force-lightning to apprentice-level.

[member="Klesta"]

I'm sorry, but that doesn't scan with your Development Thread, which is entirely you RPing with yourself. If your faction wants these NPCs, they need to participate in the threads with you, with at least half the posts written by other members of your Faction. With that in mind, I'm denying this submission. You're welcome to re-submit it once you've met that criteria, and we'll give it a second look.

[member="Silencia"]

I'm going to agree with my Judge here.

The evidence of this being created for, with the consent and effort of said faction is non-existent in your development thread. Thus far these "trainers" you have been submitting are coming across as merely a shortcut for you to train yourself these esoteric powers and skipping the most relevant part of being on an RP forum: rping with other members of the forum.

As Tirdarius said, you may second chance this, but we are going to need to see some relevant development from and within the faction for this and any other future Force trainers you submit.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom