Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh no no no, not MY Business -- Reaction to the Rebellion

[member="Darik Plutan"] [member="Wan Min Brightsky"] @Adekos [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

ONE WITH THE FULL AND EXPRESSED CONSENT OF THE GEONOSIAN MONARCH AND ALL HIVE QUEENS AND OTHER ASSOCIATED MATRIARCHS

WE, the legally selected representatives of the native and non-native peoples of Geonosis, KNOWING that the interests of the sentient peoples of Geonosis are best served by keeping and distributing the means of production among the worker, warrior, and ruling castes in an equal fashion, FOLLOWING the tenets of Collectivism and Selectivism as chosen by the peoples of Geonosis and our allies in the Rebel Alliance, DO HEREBY order the IMMEDIATE AND OFFICIAL NATIONALIZATION OF ALL FOREIGN HOLDINGS ON GEONOSIS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

Foreign businesses are those designated as corporate holdings, subsidiaries, businesses, or other organizations with the purposes of the creation of wealth and profit for individuals or groups of peoples. Any business that is not a registered private entity within the space of the Rebel Alliance or any of its allies or is found to be in collusion with the enemies of the Rebel Alliance and its allies is hereby stripped of its legal right to claim ownership or control over the following:
1) Physical capital as expressed in the ownership of factory buildings, business parks, or any form of physical property.
2) Copyright and/or patent as expressed in physical capital ownership or physical property
3) The right to future profits from said physical capital
4) The right to future profits from the workers and managers of factories and all other forms of physical property.

Any business found to be in violation of these rules and regulations will be immediately seized by Geonosian officials and its owners, if found, punished to the fullest extent of the law.

FURTHERMORE:

We do hereby order any official of the Techno Union, Nee Albion Systems Authority, Nee Confederacy of Independent Systems that participated in the recent attempted invasion of Geonosis, or was involved in any of the crimes listed below to be a CLASS A WAR CRIMINAL and WANTED BY GEONOSIAN AND REBEL ALLIANCE LAW FOR CRIMES AGAINST SENTIENCE and CRIMES AGAINST THE GEONOSIAN PEOPLE. A reward of ONE MILLION REPUBLIC CREDITS will be issued to anyone who brings those involved in the following crimes to us for immediate trial:

WAR CRIMES:
1) DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET OF DRUCKENWELL: OFFICIALS OF THE TECHNO UNION (AS LEGAL INHERITORS OF THE TERRITORIES AND TITLES OF THE CIS) AND THEIR MERCENARY OR NON-MERCENARY ALLIES
2) DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET CORELLIA: AYDEN CATER AND HIS ALLIES. (NOTE: ALSO WANTED FOR HIS SUSPECTED INVOLVEMENT IN THE FAILED INVASION OF GEONOSIS AS AN ALLY OF THE TECHNO UNION)
3) ILLEGAL ANNEXATION OF THE MONASTERY SYSTEM

ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL CRIMES CRIMES:
1) ECONOMIC EXPLOITATION: USE OF UNPAID OR UNDERPAID GEONOSIAN LABOR FOR PURPOSES OF OFF-WORLD PROFIT CREATION
2) SOCIAL EXPLOITATION: ABUSE OF THE GEONOSIAN CASTE SYSTEM TO MAINTAIN THE UNFAIR ECONOMIC SYSTEM
3) POLITICAL EXPLOITATION: CREATION OF THE FORMER POLITICAL SYSTEM OF GEONOSIS WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE OF MAINTAINING THE ECONOMIC EXPLOITATION OF THE PLANET AND ITS INHABITANTS.

B8Z8K1r.png

"Oh... Is that so?"

The holoarray would relay the following news. Bright green emerald eyes would narrow upon the holoscreen. In her hand, Danger Arceneau, the Queen of Trade and the largest shipper, freighter, fuel supplier, and neutral business entity that spans from one end of the verse to the next picked up a comm.

She was not happy.

Not happy at all.

She had interests in Geonosis. Her arms manufacturer, her cloning facility that used to be Dooku's former hide out. Not to mention her other interests in warehouses, spaceports that spanned the entirety of the planet, and shipping contracts of all businesses on the planet.

She wasn't the sort to suddenly get her businesses "seized" and privatized.

giphy.gif

Her lips would purse, then thin.

It was time to start making some calls.

"Get me a body in the Rebellion... Tell 'em Arceneau is calling."

Admiral Brightsky sat quietly in her office, sipping a hot cup of caff, when her comm line rang. She activated it, bringing up the voice of a secretary.

"I'm sorry to bother you Admiral, but Miss Arceneau is calling and wishes to speak to a member of the Rebel Alliance's leadership immediately."

Min was taken aback for a moment. She'd heard of Danger Arceneau during her days as a salvage operator. She was one of the richest people in the galaxy.

"Go ahead and put her through."

The line clicked as she was connected.

"Miss Arceneau, this is Admiral Brightsky of the Rebel Alliance. I understand you wish to speak to someone in a leadership position?"

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

INTERNAL TO ATC
TO: CEO
URGENT
RE: Geonosis nationalization

Ma'am,

Since time is of the essence, I'll make this quick and save a more thorough briefing for later, at your convenience. Based on the Geonosis nationalization and the principles expressed in the Little Black Book of Selectivist principles, I estimate a very high probability of further nationalizations on Rebel Alliance-held worlds. Your warehouse and port on Jamoura are at risk, as well as the Companions Guildhouse, warehouse, port, trade station and contracts at Ryloth.

L. Beorht

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Marek had heard of the issues going on with Nationalization in the Rebel Alliance. He and Danger had a working business agreement, where Bright Star would carry Guild companions and ATC would allow gaming rights for Bright Star. This was a standard thing, and with ATC being the company that was carrying Bright Star, Marek knew that he was going to be safe, what was good for Danger was good for him. Still, a quick message, encrypted on Tion Channels was sent to the Trade Queen.

Ms. Arceneau--

We have a liner being prepped, we can move in to be used to carry your more... important personnel to wherever you wish. If you would like, I can set up stations for your displaced companions and facilities within friendly space. If there is anything I may do, do not hesitate to contact me.

-Starchaser

There in bright green aurabesh sigils, Danger would receive the memo from [member="Linna Beorht"], the Government Relations Department. If there was one thing to be said about Arceneau Trade and the CEO and President of the company, is that the woman would treat fair if done right. Her neutrality, humanitarian efforts, and the strict adherence to ensuring this policy on all Southern Systems Business Bazaar stuck true for any member under her list.

INTERNAL TO ATC
TO: L. Beorht, Govt Relations Dept
URGENT
RE: Geonsis Nationalization

Miz Beorht,

Do me a favor and send out inquiries who are supplying the Rebellion with arms, supplies, and the like. With how many stops our ships and freighters make and the various fuel ports, trade stations, and resupply areas in and around this sector, I reckon we have a manifest on who is scratching whom.

I wanna know who’s been busier than a cat scratching on a tin roof.

~ Danger Arceneau

Arceneau was a name well established on this little corner of the ‘Verse. Her home was Tatooine, and the first strings of Trade went directly to Geonosis and Ryloth and once the Mara came into the picture, exploded to life. ATC was here during the first incarnation of the Hutt Cartel back when it first had it’s roots on Tatooine. Then during the Galactic Trade Guild. Following that was the Confederacy of Independant Systems, Abrion Systems Authority, Abrion Corporate Authority, and finally the Techno Union. The Rebellion was now the newest contender her down south, and there needless to say, folk were like five nexu in a bag, clawing and yeowling in the baking heat of the Twin suns.

Far too many folk were busier than a one armed Monkey lizard with two peckers for her taste.

So when the call was patched through to one Admiral [member="Wan Min Brightsky"], Danger’s iconic visage would flare upon a holoscreen in front of the Rebel leader.

A feint smile would curve upon the Queen of Trade’s lips, a slight incline in greeting.

“Admiral Brightsky,” the roll of her tongue would breathe out the name in a husky voice that hung at the belt buckle. Those more apt to be woo’d by Danger’s charms would be so inclined to lean forward in fear of missing a word. But who knew what sort of tastes the Admiral would hold.

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance,” she’d coo, a small arch of a brow perking as she would take in the sight of the brunette woman with the slanted eyes.

“After all, reckon that being neighbors and all means we’ll be rubbing elbows more often than not, what with this bit of the Southern Systems being my grandaddy's original trade grounds.” trade had a place in the ‘verse. Trade mean the ability to connect to sectors and planets. Refuel lines and resupply. Stirred the economy. By far the one company that has been allowed to move freely in every major hyperlane was the one owned by the woman having a small chat with the Admiral.

“I’ve been hearing some word, Admiral,” she began, her head tilting slightly to the right, appraising the woman. Her voice was conversational, as if they were simply meeting the other over a Bedunday afternoon caf.

Her screen flared up with another message. That was from [member="Marek Starchaser"]. Now that was a thoughtful gesture, she’d muse, but her expression would not betray her thoughts nor reveal if she had been reading any memos.

No, for all intents and purposes, her attention was fixed solely upon the Admiral leadership of the Rebellion.

“And some of it don’t sit with me right.”

ENCRYPTED HOLOMESSAGE
To : [member="Danger Arceneau"]
RE : Breaking Events

Miss Arceneau,

Word has traveled to Ceto about your businesses and the Rebel Alliance. Please note Salacia Consolidated and our subsidiaries are here should you need assistance. Freighters can easily be diverted for your goods or personnel. I am also offering up storage or production at any of our facilities, as none are in Rebel Alliance held territory. Should you need it, my Head of Security, [member="Dirks Hutchinson"] , is also available at a moments notice.

Please do let me know if you need anything.

-Judah Dashiell

It walked into her office as if in cue, armed to the teeth but with its hands up. Looking at the woman for a moment, he kept his hands raised before walking go her desk and setting down a holo-projector and backed away into a corner of the room. An image of a man I'm glasses and a suit appeared before her, and he smiled from ear to ear.

"Good morning, or afternoon ma'am. I sent my weapon to you for your personal use in these trying times. Send him against those you wish, and if you need further aide I can manage that as well. I just wish to discuss Blas-Tech and buying a majority interest back after these children are dealt with."

He smiled, and his image began to fade.

"Cade Lee, out."

INTERNAL TO ATC
TO: CEO
URGENT
RE: Geonosis nationalization

Ma'am,

Rebel Alliance procurement is a black box. However, I'm finding some reliable indication of the following points, based on reports from our many facilities in Alliance space:
  • The Rebel Alliance manufactures at least some of its capital ships and weapons with state-owned yards and facilities. This is likely associated with the Alliance-backed (and probably Alliance-owned) Krasnie Drives out of Lameredd.
  • ReCal Manufacturing, a small, mobile startup, appears to be the trademark associated with most Rebel Alliance personal weapons.
  • Reliable battlefield reports indicate the use of advanced Republic capital ships, such as the Avenger-class, probably on loan from the Republic.
  • Some Alliance capital vessels are visual copies of KDY ships; however, they appear to be knockoffs rather than KDY-built.
Research ongoing.

L. Beorht.

Admiral Brightsky tried to put on a forced smile as the businesswoman, in her southern twang, proceeded to inquire quite rudely as to the status of her investments.

"Although it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Arceneau, I have to say that the tone of your voice is not very befitting a woman of your stature. As a legal representative of a foreign nation, I do not take being spoken to like an unruly child kindly."

Min took a breath for a moment and looked at the face of one of the most powerful business organizations in the southern arm of the galaxy. She'd stared down corporate invasion fleets, Primeval sector admirals, and angry wookies. An angered business woman didn't scare her.

"If you would instead like to change the tone of your question to one befitting an equal, I'd be happy to answer: The Geonosian Hive Queen and her associates carried out a completely legal action on behalf of the citizens of Geonosis. Darik Plutan as Rebel Alliance representative and Mister Anderson as representative to the Alliance Reform Senate signed the bill. No one made them do this, they did it of their own accord. If you wish to complain to someone, complain to the queen who ordered this to take place."

"As for getting to know one another since we're 'so close' in this neck of the woods, I would rather not become close acquaintances with someone who insults an Admiral with a Ph.D. from Coruscant University within five minutes of calling."

Danger was known for her cordiality. That is why she had directly instructed someone to connect her to someone on top. That the woman had so preemptively taken her method of casual conversation as being ‘rude’ and insulting, well now…that was an insult to her momma, Colette Arceneau herself!

After all, a woman’s reputation is all she has. Admiral [member="Wan Min Brightsky"] just so managed to stir the poodoo with that.

Danger’s expression would not shift, instead her smile would only widen into a ghost of a smile.

“My my, Admiral Brightsky, you are quick on that trigger, aren’t you.” Some might even say, feisty! she would muse as she said with a throaty rasp, as if slightly amused, but still maintaining her level of cordiality and Southern hospitality she was known for. While her twang and drawl would reveal her more humble origins, it also relayed a heavy dose of finishing schooling from her Hapan bred mother.

“Reckon you’ve been dealin' with all manner of rift raft if you mistake a cordial inquiry and my concern over what ‘rumor has it’ as ‘insultin'.

Maybe the Admiral wasn't used to her frank way of speaking, but her time in the business has shown her that being so netted her better results. That and well, it was just how folk down here spoke. Her head would cant to the left, green eyes unreadable but scrutinizing the woman. How curious, Danger had not stated what the call was about. Had not indicated that it had been about Geonosis at all.

For al the Admiral would know, Danger had started this call over concern of her Guildhouse on Ryloth.

“I hadn’t even begun to narrow down on what this particular call is about -- however, seein' as you immediately went to the defensive and to the point on the Geonosian nationalization, makes me wonder if mine was not the only call you’ve taken today?” her brow would give a subtle arch. Word down the Mara worked that way. If she found out, others were bound to come a callin' as well.

Not many had the cordiality Danger would offer.

“One would reckon you're the one walkin' the lines of propriety if this is how first impressions normally run for you Admiral.” and in this scene, everyone needed every ally and friend they had. Her words were not a threat, just an observation.

Danger was a networker you see; she was the face and connection of governments and various companies with clout throughout the ‘verse. Those who needed a neutral party to be their bridge or their olive branch, Danger would be the one to call. To play hostess, to provide a neutral means to soothe over ruffled feathers.

Admiral Brightsky was starting to ruffle Danger’s feathers already.

Her momma would call it like so ‘Quit goin' around your ass to get to your elbow.’ Meaning that the Rebel leader was taking the long way or doing things the hard way when there was no need to do so.

At least not yet.

“My momma done said that a woman’s reputation is all she has, and I’ve been keen on taking those Krayt pearls of wisdom to heart.” Danger would say, leaning back against her chair, not a single measure of displeasure nor indication of her current rising level of vexation reflecting in her cordial and pleasant expression. "I reckon my reputation in the past fifteen years of ownership and runnin' Arceneau Trade has made it more than clear that I'm a woman of reason and reciprocity."

Colette Arceneau said it right, when you're good to momma, momma's good to you.

“There ain’t no need for hostility Admiral… one catches more Bantha flies with honey than one does with vinegar.”

A small nod would be sent at @Death’s Hand at the message, although the news that Cade Lee was actually alive was certainly a new twist to the mix.

That would require a dinner.

The message from [member="Judah Dashiell"] would actually bring in a small genuine upward curve to her lips, perhaps even be thought to be sent to the Admiral herself.

[member="Linna Beorht"] ‘s message would start to bring in a flux of information. With how everything worked down here and the most expansive network of trade being in this section of the ‘verse, getting logs and information, plus being the main and often the only contracted shipper to ship goods… it made things easier.

More so when so many businesses were part of the Southern Systems Bazaar and certified members...

The Red Fleet was still busy licking its wounds after the Battle of Geonosis, and Admiral Xue was none too amused by any claims of illegal takeover. War criminals get no rights.

The blonde looked out the bridge of Mothma and surveyed the stars, eyes needling towards Roon, the capital of the Confederacy/Authority/Union/Whatever-the-heck-their-name-is-this-week. It was amazing how some parties assumed they controlled something simply by 'owning' physical land. Krasnaya knew otherwise, having handed her judgment to corporations in the past for denying sentient rights of the workers. These privileged fat cats could use a little period of loss in order to sympathize with those who had been afforded no such opportunity as the one they had so grossly taken advantage of.

This was not their world. This was the people's world. But they apparently did not understand that.

"Ochen preyatno poznakomit'cya."

[member="Danger Arceneau"], [member="Linna Beorht"], [member="Death's Hand"], [member="Judah Dashiell"], [member="Marek Starchaser"], [member="Wan Min Brightsky"]

Raziel was well aware that the abilities he’d just used to get past the front door staff, or rather to convince the front door staff the kindly welcome him in, would be setting off some very interesting devices in Arceneau’s possession. After all, he knew their security systems exceedingly well. The Spymaster was in no mood to intrude, but he was also not in the mood to wait for the corporate cogs to turn as layers of pointless bureaucracy tried to work out what to do with him.

Loud footsteps echoed down the hall as the expensive black shoes, polished meticulously, made a great noise with each step. Of course, even hampered by such formal wear, Raziel could move without a sound if it suited him. A well-tailored dark blue suit fit his form perfectly. Under one arm he carried a large datapad. Completely unarmed, with the exception of an ID badge and crypto chit that identified him as a member of Spynet.

Finding himself a seat in a waiting area, he smiled at the receptionist whilst she finished a conversation through her ear piece. Settling back into the chair, he flicked open the datapad. It took several seconds for the encrypted disk to load using the proprietary Spynet algorithm. When it did, it loaded a saved session, displaying the outline of a distinctive, V-shaped vessel.

Apparently the line was thrust upon the Bespin native, a backworlds accent invading her comms system. Krasnaya had learned to interpret such strange speech in her years with such a melded group of Rebels hailing from various parts throughout the galaxy, but that did not make it exactly pleasant upon her ears. It was sharp; bending in the wrong tones at the wrong points of inflection. Now, Xue's inherited speech patterns employed a lot of double-negatives and such, but whatever this Danger Arse-something was saying--some of it did not sound like it was even Basic. Overall, it was just grating on the admiral's ears and did not help the situation. "Zdravstvuytie," she greeted, knowing full well that was not a typical salutation in these parts. She was feeling agitated enough to commit to an eye-for-an-eye tactic in this conversation. And perhaps the less they understood from each other, the better.

Krasnaya was pretty sure neither one of them would like what the other had to say in this matter, anyway. "I'm Admiral Xue of the Red Fleet speaking with you now. Chief Brightsky is no longer no in communication."

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

Well, now that was rude.

Lips would purse in displeasure at being handed off like a two bit credit cafarel from Zeltros. The accent was not unfamiliar, what with Danger's traveling from one side of the 'verse to the next. You cross one accent then you find another. Same with the language. Regardless what it was, High Galactic or what have you, Basic was Galactic karking Basic.

Pursed lips would curve into a tight, if not rather seemingly cordial smile.

"Zdravstvuyte." it was a universal greeting, if she could recall. You could technically use it twenty-four hours a day, though only once per day to the same person. Very formal.

"Admiral Xue..." Danger would begin, echoing the name while her finger would start a steady increasing tap against the side of her low ball whiskey glass.

"Well, I'll have to see about those holocomm relays -- they are pretty finicky now a days ever since the Event, no?" she'd start with that twang, making a reference to the Netherworld event that had the Nine Hells spilling its skeletons and tearing Corellia asunder; something that could potentially be a reason for Brightsky's comm call suddenly dropping and transferring her over.

She was given 'em a way out out of politeness.

"I'm Danger Arceneau," well might as well cut down to the pleasantries and introductions. "Of Arceneau Trade Company." well, reckon one might as well make that tidbit clear.

"Seeing as my company's trade routes, production, and other interests of mine and that of the neutral Southern Systems Business Bazaar are on Ryloth, Jamoura, and Geonosis.. perhaps you can elaborate on the situation on Geonosis for me."

Trade is as trade does.

"And how that will affect not only the trade routes... but the local economy."

And my property.

It was fairly obvious what this call was about as soon as the word 'company' was uttered by the redhead on the line. Yes, someone had indeed gotten the boot from their Geonosis facilities. Krasnaya honestly did not care, though she considered a more prudent order of operations to be actually contacting the owners and giving them time to move out before enacting this. People liked their stuff, so it was no surprise that someone somewhere was going to be a bit disgruntled. Impetuosity was not a trait the admiral admired, especially from a strategic view.

Jamoura and Ryloth too? Xue would keep that in mind. "It seems a free workers movement for a more social government has become accepted by the Geonosians." Stating the obvious unless this Arceneau had not received the memo. "They want something new after years of stagnation and reliance only on outsiders."

The military leader paused and bit her lip as she read over the declaration again, confounded by the haste with which this must have been produced. While she completely agreed with the values that would come to the forefront with this political shift, the way it was being carried out was egregious. "They own everything now," she stated bluntly. "It's all theirs."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom