Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh I Just Can't Wait to Be King!

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Mythosaur Customs and Arms was a company that was started by a close friend of Gilamar. Though the large cat was decades younger than himself, he had spent a lot of time in his shops and had purchased a lot of the weapons he used personally from him. He also knew that many throughout Mandalorian used his weapons and armor as well. He was sort of a Beskar'gam mass producer if you will. His smiths were professional, and Kad himself was remarkable. But with the sudden reappearance of MandalHypernautics and their relentless production, taking up the Jack-of-All Trades approach, smaller businesses like Kad's and Shai Daw's had fallen by the wayside.

When it came to Daw, his decision to buy them was completely economic. He made excellent products that had jumped in popularity nearly over night and now with MandalMotors factories and shipyards, they were able to turn quite the profit with his line of speeders and other vehicles. Now with Kad, he saw that business was suffering, and so he had decided to come to his friend and purchase the company, keeping staff and leaving Kad with not only a large sum of credits, but a well paying, high-up job.

Walking up to Kad's home he tapped the door a few times and waited for a response.

@[member="Kad Kando"]

Kad flicked through the pages of a the analysis of Chai La weaponry. He hated not knowing his weapons, and the incident with Gilamar's armor had really peeved him. He was determined to not let that kind of incident happen again. Kando started slightly when he someone knocking on his door. He sighed and went up to answer the door. He rarely got visitors to his home nowadays. Anybody wanted to see him, they would have met him at his rather empty shop. He opened his door and was greeted to the grizeled @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] "Well if it isn't Gil'buir!", he said with a grin on his face. "Or should I call you Mand'alor?" Kad mock bowed for affect.

Gilamar Skirata

<Pah!> Walking past the large cat Gil patted the deceivingly soft shoulder of his furry friend. Plopping down into one of the seats in the main room Gil sighed heavily and whipped out his flask, looked at it for a moment, and set it down on the end table. His old eyes glanced at the pages on the table and chuckled. <You havin' trouble with that cannon too eh?> Reaching over he picked up the pages and started flipping through them. <Its a nice piece of tech...You know I got one o' these right?>
@[member="Kad Kando"]

Kad shook his head ruefully at the Mandalore. <I'm well aware.> he said grinning. <I was just hiding in the forge to save face>. The cat grabbed Gilamar's flask and took a swig of it casually. <The tricky bit was getting interface between the shoulder cannon, the targeting system in your helmet, and your firing mechanism to all work right.> He peered curiously at the man sitting across from him. <So what brings the Mandalore to my home?> he asked him. Usually if Gil had a tech request he would come to his shop.

Gilamar Skirata

Sighing, he leaned forward, the leather squeaking under the weight of his body. Placing his face in his hands he inhaled before looking his cat-like friend in the eyes. <I'm here to buy MCA> There, not it was on the table. Before his friend could give any snide remarks or heavy sighs he spoke again, <Look, I know you guys have been down lately, with the war with the Sith mostly done and I didn't want to see those greedy Neimodian bankers taking your business. So I thought...Maybe you'd come work for me, join MandalMotors as a subsidiary.>

@[member="Kad Kando"]

Kad's smile faded. His face grew tight with restrained frustration. The huge Cathar nodded slowly, letting his shock fade away and his composer return. <My father made this business>, he growled. <He took his craft and used it to make me the man I am today>. Kando gripped the table as he spoke. <And now I've whittled it away until I can barely sustain it.> The table began to creak and groan under Kad's pressure. He looked tiredly at Gilamar. <I gratefully accept your offer, Mandalore.> The large cat said.

Gilamar Skirata

The Man sighed, patting his friend on the shoulder. He understood what he might have been feeling, or weather he didn't but he could imagine how he would feel if someone walked into his own home and asked to buy out MandalMotors. Running his hand through his graying hair he blinked and took his flask, sliding it back into his shirt pocket. <Hey, you did your father proud. Let's go get a few drinks at the Oyu'baat>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom