Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Offloading

Bralin slowly drifted into the Commenor docking area as he prepared the offload his passengers and cargo. One of his maintenance droids whistled as they watched the biomechanical being moving into position.

“I’m fine B20. Simply navigating around another vessel.” The ship would slow pull to the moorings, letting the docks hold him in place. He would watch through his senses as the passengers disembarked, with a couple noting that they were surprised by how good the experience aboard the partially biological ship. It made him feel good, though now he had to search for a new job. He also missed his kind by now. Maybe he would go back after this one. Perhaps see.... Eh. Maybe. He chuckled a bit to himself, slowly scanning the other ships. He hoped that port security wouldn’t get mad at him for it at least.

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

Knight Commander of Commenor
People watching was a secret hobby of Aoife's, and what better place than the port? Even after twenty years of exploring the galaxy, searching for her brother, there was always something or someone new to see or meet. Today was no exception, as some kind of... Perhaps a bioship, pulled into port. The people exiting the ship seemed pleasantly surprised, if the short snippets of conversation she could hear.

Intriguing.

Pushing herself off the wall, Aoife walked towards the bio ship. None of the security really questioned her, though walking confidently enough means no one questions what you're doing. Getting closer, she could feel the Force from the ship.

"How interesting..."

Bralin Bralin

The starship sat there, linking to the holonet for a second before noticing something. A stronger presence in the Force. He focused his senses on it, and found a female being walking up. She seemed interested in what was going on with him. Calling him interesting.

The Startreader would’ve smiled if her could, but instead he reached out with the Force, saying “Hello small one. I see you have taken an interest in me.” It was notable that the voice would be in Aoife’s head. A telepathic communication through the Force.

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

Aoife raised her eyebrows in surprise as the ship reached out to her, speaking to her through the Force. Telepathy, was it? She was never good at mind tricks, or anything like that but... At least he wasn't poking unnecessarily at her brain.

"Déithe duit. I've never seen a sentient bioship before, let alone one with a connection to the Force. Though, I imagine you've never seen someone of my kind either!"

A small laugh fell from Aoife's lips, and she smiled up at Bralin Bralin with interest. It was funny, how he had called her "small one" despite her being quite tall. Though, in comparison she was quite small, wasn't she?

"I am Aoife Jones, what may I call you?"

Bralin seems send out a sense of interest as he “looked” at the curious one, not exactly sure if he had seen any of her species before or not.

“I can’t say that I’ve met your species before. Though I’ve also never seen another bioship outside of my own kind, save one.” Then the smaller being introduced herself. Aoife Jones. Quite an interesting name. The ship would only stay silent for a moment though, happy to introduce himself as well.

“It is a pleasure, Aoife Jones. I am know as Bralin.”

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

Aoife hummed quietly as Bralin Bralin spoke to her, introducing himself. An amused smile pulled the corners of her mouth upwards, as she thought about how two rarely seen species were able to interact with one another. Even if she was only half-Anam.

"Have you ever heard of the Anam, Bralin? I'd be quite surprised if you have, as my mother's people don't tend to leave our home."

Slowly, Aoife began to walk around Bralin, wanting to see more than just one side. Really, she was almost too curious for her own good.

Bralin listened carefully, noticing that Aoife Jones Aoife Jones seemed to be moving around to get different looks at him. Anam?

"I can't say that I have heard of that species before. I assume you have never heard of the Startreaders as well?" He then thought, speaking up again. "What makes the Anam different from other species?"

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

"Can't say I'm surprised you haven't heard of us... Though I've never heard of Startreaders either, of which I assume you are part of, Bralin?"

Taking a slow walk around Bralin Bralin made Aoife feel even smaller than she had before. If she had to guesstimate, he was probably somewhere around 200, maybe 210 meters tall? Humming in thought over his question, she had to think of how to explain the Anam. She wasn't good at explaining things, not like Auburn, but...

"Well... we're genetically inclined towards learning pyromancy, to start. I don't think I've ever seen another race in the galaxy so predispositioned to using fire, actually... Though I've got a little under 200 years left to find out, I suppose!"

Aoife laughed once more, this time at her own commentary. She probably got a couple of strange looks, but she cared not for the judgmental looks of strangers who knew nothing of her.

"That would be correct. I am a Startreader." He would then listen as Aoife Jones Aoife Jones explained the Aman. Pyromancy? So they were good at controlling fire? Interesting. It was also interesting to note her potential lifespan. He did chuckle a little at her excitment.

"Your species seems quite impressive, Aoife. My own have become quite interesting in exploring the galaxy like you."

Aoife Jones

"Ah... There are many much more impressive species out in the galaxy. We Anam are rather... plain, I think. Eccentric, compared to most, but wholly unsuited to the galactic stage. We have no naval fleet, and the vast majority are pacifists. Even the small military we have is more for show and disaster relief than anything."

Aoife's smile faded into a passive look as she continued to wander around Bralin Bralin .

"We very rarely leave the safety of our home, and even now our Queen is very careful about who we interact with. Mostly it's with Mandalorians, nowadays."

The starship listened carefully, interested in what Aoife Jones Aoife Jones had to say.

"Your species sounds quite interesting. Perhaps, I could meet more of your people one day." He would then thing.

“Your species doesn’t sound much different than my own. We are also fairly pacifistic, though we are less confined to one world, and more scattered throughout the galaxy.”

Last edited:

Aoife Jones

"Well, if you ever meet this planet's president, you'll meet another! Though, even though we're both half-Anam, he takes after our father more... Oh, I forgot to mention, the President is my brother."

Aoife grinned, clearly proud of her darling little Aaron. Though, she really wasn't sure if Bralin Bralin could actually see her or if he was more just sensing her. Oh. That brought up a question.

"Oh. Speaking of being pacifists... Do you have any natural defenses, or do you have to travel with other ships to defend yourself? Can you actually see, or do you just... Sense where things are, using the Force?"

“Wait? Your brother is in charge of this world? Interesting. None of my kind hold such positions.” Maybe he’d be able to see the President at some point. While he did just sense her, this close it was more like Force Sight. He could see the grin, and it seemed to make him happy to see another being happy. Then the question of defenses came up, and the bioship though.

“Well, my species does have a strong hull, and powerful shielding, but we lack any true form of armaments, unless you could our tractor beams. I have been involved in evacuation missions before though. They can prove, challenging.”

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

"He is, and I'm very proud of him! He's my darling baby brother, even if he was quite a wild child... I imagine it might be a little difficult for a Startreader to hold a position as a planetary leader... Or even a city leader. I'm not sure they make desks big enough for your species. Ohhh maybe a military leader?"

Aoife pondered out loud, and tilted her head to the side as she continued walking around Bralin Bralin . Startreaders seemed to have high defensive capabilities, but next to no offensive abilities. They had the Force, so could they learn other techniques?

"Evacs? I've always wondered what those were like, but any tragedy that needed one, I always hear about months afterwards."

The large ship almost seemed to chuckle at the woman's excitement, and her note that a Startreader leading a planet could be difficult.

"That is true. I'm not sure I could figure out how that would work either." He then thought back to the evac missions, seeming to take a solemn thought before answering the woman.

"Evacuations aren't for the faint of heart. It's... not pretty. You're either rushing or becoming a hospital.... Ok, that last one's more a Startreader thing, but I hope it makes sense." He thought more, "looking" down at the smaller being. "I'm sure you have some adventures though."

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom