Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off again on again? (Krest)

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Her new group was fun and all but something was missing. She didn't know what it was exactly but it felt like a longing for the past. Slightly ironic given how convoluted and not very fun her past was. Perhaps it was home sickness. The Felecatian hadn't visited her home world in quite some time. That didn't feel right though, she didn't want to go there. It didn't make sense they she would miss it and not want to go there at the same time did it. Then Kitty had an idea. It had been far too long since she had carried out a job she was trained to do. It had been far too long since she assassinated anyone. In her mind it felt wrong that was something she wanted to do right now but her heart didn't listen too it. Before long she was browsing an encrypted database of posted jobs. There was one that stood out from the rest. Not because it was hard, easy, or interesting, but because it wasn't an assassination it was a slaughter. The client was from a rather primitive world so much so they didn't even have guns of any sort yet. The client was a monarch of a wealthy kingdom. They had recently been declared war upon by a rival kingdom. While they had wealth the rival had power and said rival was about to take all that wealth by force. The client chanced upon a scientific explorer who was visiting the world and his heart held greed. Client and explorer struck a deal and that was how this unusual job came to be. The details of the job were simply to take out anyone of importance in the rival kingdom it would be childs pay for even someone new to this kind of work, but for whatever reason Kitty felt like doing it.

The unstable feline went through her usual procedure of traveling, raging in hyperspace, and calming down after arrival. After that chronic hindrance she descended to the planet in her ship; cloaked as to avoid news spreading of a UFO. Not that the natives had radio communication. They still had to do things the old fashion way. It would be easy for the young sith to just walk up and get the job done without putting in any effort but what was the point of that. It wasn't like she was here for the money. Kitty felt like going all out which included putting on her assassin armor she vary rarely wore. It was hot and heavy but it could cloak and keep her safe from a great many things.

Turns out this was going to be a little harder than the assassin thought it would be. There was no ventilation inside the castle in which all the monarchs and military leaders currently resided. Even the roofs weren't safe as that was the favored lookout point of scores of soldiers. Disguise wasn't an option as only humans resided on this planet and there was no way to pass off as anything hiding her very inhuman body. It was fortunate she chose to bring her armor as she decided to move about the castle cloaked. She would stop and remain still whenever someone passed and only continue moving after she wasn't in their sight. Even though she was invisible she was taking every precaution. It wasn't perfect invisibility. Eventually the sith would find the throne room where a celebration was being thrown. Everyone of importance was here as it was the celebration before they set out to stamp out Kitty's client. Kitty used the force to close all the entrances and would continue to keep them locked shut with her power till she was finished. All heads turned as the simultaneous slamming of all the doors resounded throughout the spacious room. She was feeling awfully dramatic as her cloak dropped revealing her custom tightly fitted armor. Not a second had passed after that before she ignited her lightsabers. It was only then the guards trapped within began to rush at her.

To recall the battle to anyone would be a waste. It wasn't anything special just a one sided slaughter. Sitting upon the throne Kitty removed her plated hood and mask the colors of furred face and metallic armor not mixing very well. She stared out upon the bodies that littered the floor and zoned out slumping within the exalted seat. This didn't help at all. If anything she felt worse. What was the point of ending all those lives. It was selfish and the very act she was against within the sith.

[member="Krest"]

Oh how long it had been since Krest last had felt any stir in the Force from [member="Kitty"] . He had bonded with her like a parent to their child, and his constant desire to help her break her chains and find true peace had been denied when the two drifted from one another. So many things had happened, from another of his apprentices taking the name Ferus for himself and shattering the elder Zabraks mind to Krest wandering the galaxy to reclaim his broken memories. It had worked, for the most part, and Krest had returned to the galaxy a power Lord of the Sith, but he had nothing.

His wife dead by his hand. His son brought up to hate him. His daughter to his knowledge dead. Kitty had been all that was left, but there was never a hint of her that he could find. He assumed her dead like the others, until a whisper came. And it was on that whisper he acted, taking a ship across the galaxy to the very castle the woman was on. Dressed in the ceremonial leathers his kingship required he opened the door to her slaughter, staring around the room.

It was familiar. Long ago, he had done the same thing, and she had been the one to see. Now the roles seemed to be reversed. His blue eyes would find her on the throne, and a hint of a smile would form on his lips.

"Kitty."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty was brooding when Ferus walked in to behold her handy work. Or rather she forgot his name was Krest now. When she first caught site of him she jumped from the throne and bounded towards him in a way that was uniquely feline. What started as a sprint towards him turned into a run. What was once a run turned into a speed walk. What used to be a speed walk turned into a slow approach, until finally she was only a meter from him and she stood completely still. What had started as joy degraded to uncertainty matching pace with her movement. Krest held a faint smile but knowing the sith it could just as easily be the only warning to her demise arriving. Everything was so unclear with him. "Krest." She said almost like a question. "What brings you here?"

[member="Krest"]

"The Force really. Listening to it's flow leads me to many places, but this time it brought me to a place I wanted to be." Without warning he would pull [member="Kitty"] into a tight hug, his smile widening. It had been such a long time since he last had seen her, and couldn't help but hung the woman. "It has been far too long."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty wasn't given a chance to reply. She yelped as Krest suddenly pulled her into a hug. Though shocked she made no attempts to resist, her instincts weren't triggered by any ill intent. On the contrary she could feel the loving care that was put into it. It was infectious and she found herself melting in the embrace. Before long her furred cheeks were growing starting to get soggy as she hadn't even realized she had begun crying. Too long indeed. It felt as if from the moment they had parted ways Kitty was just aimlessly existing. She had been through so much in that time yet it amounted to little. It was reflected in her abilities as well. Although nothing to laugh at her skills hadn't improved much with the exception of art of the small which she had become so skilled at she used it passively nearly all the time.

She would enjoy the reunion for some time, but eventually some questions needed to be answered. Kitty would break from the embrace with a new light inside her and an air of determination surrounding her. "I think you owe me some answers. What has been going on with you and how come you are going by Krest now instead of Ferus?"

[member="Krest"]

There was a sigh from the Zabrak as he let [member="Kitty"] go, staring down at her. She was right to question what had been going on, but is was a hint of pride that kept him from answering immediately. "You know how I always end up training many, right? One of them by the name of Lucy decided he was fit to be me. He broke into my mind and ripped my memories from me, shattering it in the process. He took the name Ferus for himself and went on pretending to be me while I wandered the galaxy to find myself again. Course, once I did I killed him. But by then the name, my name, was tainted. So I came back to being Krest, my birth name." There was a frown on Krest's face as he spoke, as if the mere memory of his past pained him. "Anyway, what have you been up to?"

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty didn't expected such an easily explained answer. While it was by no means simple the ease with which it was explained felt like it was. She didn't know why she expected some long winded explanation as if it would somehow make it better. The fact Krest wasn't responsible for it and the person who was, was dead now only left more of a void. Kitty felt her life was a solid argument against the notion of a higher being and she rejected the idea the force had a will of it's own. Here Krest was telling her there was no reason behind any of this that it was all unfortunate happenstance. An event in their lives that simply existed to burn time. Yet hurt feelings still remained within Kitty and they fought with her deceptively strong mind. She wanted to blame him but couldn't as he couldn't be totally blamed and she didn't want to hurt him in the process. She didn't even realize it but she was using her unique verbal force meditation but without the verbal component leaving only her emotions to take anyone around her forcing them to feel exactly what she was feeling. The opposite of the empathy power some jedi possessed.

The conversation shifted to Kitty and those feelings were forced into the background as ones of her confusion and disappointment with what she had been doing with herself came to the fore front. "Nothing really. The only thing worth mentioning would be I somehow joined a start up criminal organization. The only real reason I'm sticking around is because the credits do help with my R&D projects. I'm starting to grow attached to the group though." Kitty replied her tone sounding monotone but her force power betraying all of her true feelings. She felt she should feel more disappointed with herself for joining and kinda enjoying such a group. "What about you. You have your memories and life back and you've found me, so now what?"

[member="Krest"]

"Now? I plan to unite all Sith together and change them. In a way, it's worked. The Ascendancy has made a place where Sith are no longer monsters to scare children to sleep. We rule because it is our right and our responsibility. Soon enough order will spread through the Galaxy, and Sith will enforce it." A zealous opinion, but to Krest it was the only true path he had left. It was either that, or accept that he killed his wife for no reason. And that would ruin him. "You can join me. Join the Ascendancy."

[member="Kitty"]

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty was intrigued to hear the sith had reformed. And what's more it sounded like Krest had directed it. "Absolutely. I may not be ok with the way things have gone but I want my master and father back." Kitty was joyous Krest had achieved their dream with the sith a dream Kitty had adopted and planned to continue on her own when she thought he flipped out and abandoned it. She hadn't done too much in that goal besides train a couple sith one of which was still in training. Now all of a sudden it was no longer a goal. What then was she meant to do? She had no choice but to join Krest and the Ascendancy. She wanted to join Krest and there was nothing for her to do if she did not join the Ascendancy. "You'll have to show me the new base, but I'll have to follow in my own ship for reasons you already know. How are things going with the assassins though and what's their role within this new Ascendancy?" Kitty asked. It was more than just a casual question. Being raised in the assassins and knowing only how to do that, it very much related to her.

[member="Krest"]

"The Assassins are still their own, and will remain so. Any from them are of course welcome, but we don't talk about them publicly. They shall remain in the shadows as they were meant to." There was a bit of finality to that, as if there was an unspoken rule about it. "As for a base, there is no base. We are a galactic power now. Bastion is the homeworld at least." He smiled again, nodding to [member="Kitty"] . "Let's bring you home."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom