Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Trade and Travel

Ebj93bR.png

Intergalactic Monetary Fund Headquarters

Mygeeto
wtE0UXx.png

The Shadow Hammer slipped out of hyperspace into the Mygeeto System. Quickly, the Chiss verified his identification with planetary defense and made his approach to through the atmosphere. This trip was business representing Interstellar Shipping in front of a potential client in the form of the Intergalactic Monetary Fund (IMF) with his point of contact being the enigmatic Paris.

Mygeeto’s surface was primarily covered by ice, an environment Malicar was certainly used to. The Shadow Hammer glided in through the clouds and was on track to set down at the landing pad in one of the infamous banking clan buildings. Although, the Chiss was unsure how it was being used now.

The Shadow Hammer settled down on the landing pad where the cargo bay ramp lowered to the deck. The Chiss strode down the ramp, bundled up enough to keep the frost away, including a long coat and helmet.

XIdCw7d.png

He moved smartly towards a door that led to the interior…

gVylV75.png

[member="Paris"]

A quaint yet stout woman greeted the Chiss, seemingly looking bored with one hand on her forehead supporting its weight as she jotted down notes onto a piece of scrap paper, then scrunching it up and tossing it to the side, replacing it with yet another piece. There was a stack of such ideas, thrown to the side beside her. Her attention was brought to the entrance as her guest arrived, pinging the auto alert system and triggered two otherwise inactive droids to turn their mobile torsos 45 degrees and now track the visitor, Malicar, as he progressed into the reception.

Shortly afterwards, he was greeted by a warm smile and Paris removing herself from the work station and strutting forwards to greet the man.

"You must be Malicar! Paris Utorna, Acting CEO of the Intergalactic Monetary fund." The woman's gaze shifted to the droids, gesturing to them and then pivotting around, making tremendously swift progress down a pristine white corridor, every few meters being accompanied by a lush fake green plant"I request you excuse the droids, they're a formality. I'm the only organic on shift tonight so I am restricted by policy to have the security active."

Her legs came to a halt shortly thereafter as the droids teetered slowly behind the Chiss, stopping just at the door of a glass meeting room should Malicar choose to follow Paris, the interior rather basic but modern in design with a conference table and 12 chairs centered around a white rectangular table with rounded corners, the floor a steel grey. "So, I shall keep discussions as short and sweet as possible. IMF is currently looking for a freighting company to transport two variants of our 'goods', one toxic waste, the other a collection of medium-large sized droids to Coruscant."

~ [member="Malicar"] ~

Malicar followed the enigmatic woman further into the complex. As they came inside, the helmet was taken off and the coat draped over his arm. While the two droids were unnerving, he understood his clients taking precautions—such was the way of things. The Chiss followed Paris into the glass walled meeting room and sat across from the human.

"So, I shall keep discussions as short and sweet as possible. IMF is currently looking for a freighting company to transport two variants of our 'goods', one toxic waste, the other a collection of medium-large sized droids to Coruscant."

Malicar listened and made sure he understood the criteria. He responded, “Thank you for meeting me, Paris. I am quite sure we can help IMF. You wish to have toxic waste disposed of, which we will handle the disposal. In addition, you wish regular shipments of droids from Mygeeto to Coruscant…”

The Chiss looked at Paris and responded, “We can fulfill these two requests at a reasonable rate for the disposal if you allow us to dispose of it in our normal designated areas. Also, we can get your droids to Coruscant in 48 hours. If you wish for us not to deliver the droids with that quick of a turnaround, we can take some off the shipping fees. You will not find another shipping company faster. Does the 48 hour timetable work for you?”

[member="Paris"]​

"Oh to clarify Mr.. I'm unsure if that's correct syntax by your customs" she chuckled nervously to herself, allowing the man to take a seat should he so desire as she moved with her back facing towards him and continued pronouncing the proposition, "The toxic waste does not need disposed of. It's actually quite valuable for our internal production, however a recent ordnance passed by the local municipality has deemed it toxic to sentient life, and thus we cannot integrate it into the production of droids at this facility. The 'utopia'" she said with a slight air of sarcasm "hasn't quite got the same health code regulations, for now."

"And if you are wondering, we produce military grade toxic gas emitter droids; the aforementioned 'waste' is what allows us to certify it" she now pivoted on the spot as she reached the opposite end of the conference table, gesturing her hands in a dream like fashion as she then proudly uttered "millitary grade."

"The droids require a less formal spiel, we simply have consistent contract with some purchasers and while we do transport some of our own product, the cost of retrofitting our primarily combat focused warships into civilian cargo freighters is simply too great. Time is of the essence, so the 48 hour timescale sounds perfect for a regular shipment."

Hands now placed on the back of a white swivelling chair, bending over slightly to lock eyes with the Chiss which she was yet to do, "The question is, what do you need in return?"

~ [member="Malicar"] ~

Malicar eyed paris and replied, "I see. We will make sure to transport the toxic chemicals with care and discretion. I am glad the aggressive timetable for the droid deliveries works for you. We insure all of our loads. In return, we just need the credits for the contract. Based on the number of deliveries we will be running, I came up with a number that should be good for both of us..."

The Chiss slid the woman a datastick with pertinent contract information, "Is this acceptable to you, Paris?"

[member="Paris"]

"I will not lie, numbers are not where my role in this company lies." reaching for the datastick and placing it into a small pocket on the left hand side of her navy blazer before continuing "but on a preliminary basis, that will be more than acceptable." In a gesture of her own realization that she could simply view the information on the data holder by placing it into a holocomputer just inches behind her, allbeit it not turned on, she swiftly turned around announcing proudly to her audience of one.

"I suppose if that is all you w-..." grabbing the drive and attempting to put it into the holocomputer, "If that is all you wish-..", the attempt was fruitless. It wasn't turned on, that being the computer. "If that is-..." now speaking with a bit more fury in her voice "IF THAT IS ALL", slipping the drive in simply as she realized it was turned in the incorrect orientation, swivelling back to the Chiss and fixing a hair that laid astrewn across her face, disrupting the human's otherwise immaculate appearance. "If that is all you wish to discuss and these agreements are in line, I shall draft a negotiation and beginning direct transfers to the account listed immediately on IMF's behalf."

~ [member="Malicar"] ~

Malicar knew each of his clients had their own way to do business and their own strengths they brought to the table. That is why he did not even blink with Paris' difficulty in expressing herself. Paris' record spoke for herself and had seen much more in the galaxy than he ever would--wisdom was earned through experience and Malicar never forgot that truism.

Smiling the Chiss responded, "Excellent Paris--there is nothing more on my end. You will not be disappointed in the service we will provide IMF. We will get started with our first shipments for IMF within 46 standard hours."

Pause.

"Come by Dremulae sometime and tour the facilities. We would be glad to have you...have a pleasant day."

The Chiss bowed low before the human and added, "Here is my personal contact. If there is an aspect of our arrangement that is not suitable to IMF, please let me know and we will work it out..."

[member="Paris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom