Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Monsters and Maniac Masters--Survival on Vendaxa

"My name's Assadar." Z-1 said something. "Yes, Z-1, I'm sure she's already picked up on your name...well, if she hadn't before, I just said it! Bloody hell, why did I get the dodgy one...? Ahem." He concluded. "And what might yours be?"

Her name was Vinyata--or at least, she said it was Vinyata.

Over the next few days they set about establishing themselves on the planet, resigned to waiting out Assadar's maniacal master. By the end of the week they had set up a base camp with a hut and firepit. They were both equipped with water-skins, bone knives and other hastily-made implements. Vinyata did most of the hunting, with her invisibility, while more often than not Assadar would stay at the campsite and do whatever other work needed to be done. The two soon developed a grudging mutual respect. Vinyata, of course, was terrifying, but Assadar was often able to see answers and solutions that she could not, and always had a plan for every day.

There were close calls along the way--the closest of them being a fight with a terrifying acklay. It was only Vinyata's training that kept Assadar alive. From the first day she began to teach him. Nothing fancy--for as she declared, he'd be able to master her invisibility technique the day somebody made the Kessel run in 12 Parsecs. (He decided it was probably best to refrain from pointing out that according to a certain holopad he'd read, it had indeed been accomplished several hundred years ago in Luke Skywalker's day.) Instead, she taught him how to better use his connection to the dark side. Through deep meditation and rigorous drills, his connection to the force was considerably strengthened, and he could feel a palpable increase in the power that flowed through his veins. Most of all, she instructed him in the improvement of his "pitiful" swordsmanship. She tutored him in form VI, which focused on a set of fairly basic moves and the ability to chain force attacks in with lightsaber combat. Assadar immediately found this form far superior to anything he'd learned at the academy, as it allowed him to play to his strengths and use his force abilities while in close combat, as well as being much easier to become proficient at than anything he'd tried before. The style best suited to him taught at the academy had been Makashi, and while that didn't require much strength, Assadar had always found it exceedingly difficult and had ended up using a watered down version. By the month's end, he'd got the basics of his new style down.

Despite being lenient and allowing him to practice what Vinyata described with a certain amount of disdain as "a diplomat's form" she took a much harder line against "that ******* blaster." Assadar was loath to part with it. As he had previously been uncomfortable with lightsaber combat, he'd created his own style, often surprising his opponents in his sith trials by quick-drawing his blaster--a technique he'd mastered by the time he was into his mid-teens. Vinyata, however, absolutely hated it, calling the weapon "uncivilized" and saying that its use did not befit a person with his powers. Personally, Assadar didn't much care about how much he disgraced the damned order, so long as his head remained attached to his shoulders, but surprisingly he soon began to realize that using his new form, he could be far more effective in combat with the use of telekinetic attacks. For the first time, he began to view the force as something completely different--as a weapon, perhaps even more powerful than the technological weapons that humanoid hands had built. He even, though grudgingly at first, began to subscribe to Vinyata's view--that force wielders were as a rule more deadly than those who didn't have their power.

By the end of the month, Vinyata was shooting at him with his blaster during training every night. Though he'd never been very good at blocking the bolts thrown at him by the training droids in the Academy, there was something about knowing that any shot could kill him--though most were very poorly aimed--that gave him new clarity, and he quickly became proficient at defending himself, just as Vinyata unwillingly became a slightly better shot.

Assadar had been counting the days consistently since his arrival, and so on the dawn on the 31st day, he knew that within the next few hours the two of them would either discover themselves to be in much deeper trouble than they'd thought, or be rescued and bought back to civilization--if you could call it that. Honestly, Assadar wasn't sure which option he preferred...

@[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

Balaya had returned to the world. Even though the empire had fallen she could still bring back her apprentice to aid in the fight against the jedi. With a sneer she stood there on the ramp while waiting and she held the dark'chyld saber. More then enough still had to happen for plans while she moved. She sent a message out in the force so that he could come to her before she left him on the world. "Come to me my apprentice."

Assadar walked out into the clearing. It had been a month since he had last seen her--his master. In a way, he owed much to the pink-skinned sith. He would leave Vendaxa twice as strong as he had been when he'd arrived, and with a powerful mentor and ally to boot. Yes, Vinyata was going to be along for the ride, whether Balaya liked it or not.

A month ago, he would not have been able to sense his master's call, which had come from many kilometers away. Now, though, he felt her presence in his mind through the force with practiced ease.

"Greetings, master." he said. "Surprised to see me? Well, it would have been logical for you to assume that I wouldn't make it after you stranded me here with no equipment and no training. I probably wouldn't have made it, but luckily enough for me I managed to join forces with a fellow marooned Sith. She is a powerful ally to the Sith. I know that the Empire is close to destruction. Good Sith cannot be wasted. If you do not allow her to return to us, she will be rescued by someone else. I ask, therefore, that she return with us to civilization."

Meanwhile, Vinyata crept, invisible and silent, with superb agility, onto the top of the shuttle's hull. If the Sith refused to transport her, they would have to fight--and Assadar had insisted that from what he had been able to tell, they would need the element of surprise if they had to fight this woman. Looking at the eight-foot tall zeltron, it was not hard to imagine why he came to this conclusion.

@[member="Darth Praelior"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom