Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Monsters and Maniac Masters--Survival on Vendaxa

DAY 1

The planet, at first sight, seemed like a wild paradise. Assadar had landed in the middle of a lush plain, where he could already see strange animals grazing. A large river flowed through the middle, and most of the animals congregated here. Assadar knew it was a perfect sort of meat--for him and for all the deadly predators who made these plains his home. There was a forest in the distance--and so instead of taking advantage of his bountiful surroundings, he quickly made for it. He planned to take up residence in the edge of the forest, so he was still sheltered but had ready access to the Savanna and its resources.

After a few hours of walking, staling through the long grass so as not to be seen as a target, he made it to the edge of the forest. He plunged inside, quickly entering another world of shifting light and still air. Here, the sounds of life were everywhere, and strange plants rose up from the ground. After a short while, he came across a clearing that he decided was suitable for a camp. The trees of the forest should provide some form of shelter from the elements. Thus, instead of focusing on shelter, he set about finding firewood for the night. The forest, though, yielded no dry wood at all, and that was an ominous sign--here, it was clear that the rain fell thick and hard, hard enough to breach the shield of the canopy.

After collecting enough wood, he set off to see what else he could find in the area. He soon came across a stream, babbling merrily down in the direction of his camp. Great. He thought. I bet she dropped me off in the low ground on purpose. He found a sharp stone which he figured he could use, as well as some larger, round ones to ring his fire. and took a long drink of the stream water--it was cold and sweet. He thren proceeded to harvest some fruit, which he found in abundance--all of it was brightly colored, which should hopefully make them easy to distinguish from one another--and therefore for him to pick the ones that were not poisonous. He'd studied the fruit extensively on his way there, as he knew it would be a very important food source. There was nothing else of interest there though, so after an hour or so he headed back.

It was starting to turn to dusk when he reached his campsite. Sitting down in a comfortable hollow in a gigantic tree, he placed his stones down around the fire and proceeded to light it--which turned out to be long and incredibly frustrating work. He finally got it to work--a pathetic little fire came into existence, but he was sure that the first gust of wind would extinguish it. Now, broke off a tree branch and got to work with his sharp stone, beginning to turn it into a makeshift spear. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good as his blaster for hunting, but he needed something. This job also proved tedious--his inexperienced hands slid across the wood imprecisely and inefficiently, either cutting deep gashes into the tip or not cutting at all. Therefore, he already felt considerably miserable when it started to rain--and this was no shower, but a full on tropical rainstorm. As thunder rolled across the sky, he pressed his back into the hollow and wrapped his jacket around him, hoping it would pass over soon. It most certainly did not.

Assadar was awoken from his miserable half-slumber by a very unexpected sound--a scream. The scream, however, was a very odd one: it sounded synthetic somehow, as if it was some odd being trying to imitate what a humanoid scream should sound like after hearing it only once. A moment later, an astro droid came into the clearing, moving as fast as it could with its wheels getting so little traction on the soggy, leaf covered forest floor. A second behind it, a massive beast burst into the clearing. It looked vauglely like a cat, though it was almost human height and about three times as long with an odd, rat-like tail. A nexu.

The nexu was obviously chasing the droid. However, it suddenly stopped and turned its head, quickly abandoning that chase for bigger prey.

Assadar leapt to his feet, whipping out his lightsaber and standing in the ready position. The nexu growled. Assadar saw him tense and leapt out of the way as the great animal pounced. He did it just in time, and the Nexu slammed into the tree. Assadar swung his lightsaber and cut a deep gash into hte beast's side, but the Nexu recovered immediately, and a new rage was in its primal eyes. It threw itself at Assadar. With no time to do anything else, he swung his lightsaber upwards and stabbed it into the cat's underbelly. The beast fell to the ground, and Assadar quickly dispatched it with another blow.

The Astro droid wheeled up to Assadar, who was breathing heavily. Assadar gave it a small smile.

"What's an astromech droid doing in a place like this, eh?" The droid responded in a series of beeps and boops. As he'd worked on a farm in the days of his youth, Assadar understood the language of such droids without the need for a protocol counterpart.

"I'm sorry to hear that. You're lucky you survived the crash if your master didn't make it." Assadar said. "But if you can show me where it is, maybe we could repair it and both get off this rock." The droid answered again.

"Beyond repair? Oh, great. Still, maybe there's some stuff there that I can salvage...Well, I guess I'm your new master now. What's your name, anyway?"

"Nice to meet you, Z-1. Well, I'm not about to get any sleep, so I guess we'd best be off. Let's see if there's anything useful to be had at this wreck of yours. An imperial shuttle's got to have something. We'll bury your master too."

Vinyata flew her dark sleek fighter through the atmosphere of Vendaxa. Gently pushing the stick forward, the fighter gracefully responded and dove after a shuttle Vinyata had been following for the past 6 hours. Vinyata had been tasked with the assassination of a Sith who had betrayed the order, and had complied, although hesitantly. Used to being on the top of the totem pole, the Pureblood had to make several adjustments since awaking from her stasis, and one of them was completing the tasks others assigned her.
Although it was nighttime, it was also cloudy, and to avoid detection, Vinyata had kept her fighter a safe distance behind her target’s shuttle while checking her datapads and tactical displays to keep track of the shuttles location. Now Vinyata had crept up to 2 miles behind her prey, and was closing at a fast pace. Anticipation started to slowly build within Vinyata, this would be one of her first missions, first dogfights, just a lot of firsts since the Old Republic era of 5,000 years ago. Glancing at a tactical display containing the data on her missile loadout, Vinyata tapped the display several times as she armed several high-explosive and EMP missiles. Flipping the cover to the fire switch on her control stick off, she gently placed her thumb on top of the small red button. The electronics of her fighter beeped as they did several calculations and locked on to the radar signature and heat signature of the shuttle.
Tensing up, Vinyata pushed the button and two EMP missiles fired out of the fighters compact wings. Switching over to high-explosive missiles, Vinyata again pushed the button and two HE missiles streaked out of her fighter at blinding speed.
Sensing confusion in the unsuspecting shuttle, Vinyata peered through the nighttime clouds and could make out the surprised shuttle begin evasive maneuvers. Glancing back at her tactical display, Vinyata could see that the EMP missile was 5 seconds from impact. 5...4...3...2...1. A flash of luminous blue electricity illuminated the night sky brilliantly. The shuttle began to spiral out of control randomly as it started to descend toward the forests of Vendaxa. Then the HE missile came down on the shuttle and obliterated its engines. KA-BOOM! In contrast to the bright blue of the EMP, the HE missile gave off a fiery red-orange explosion. Once the explosion subsided, the port side of the shuttle caught on fire.
The relishment of her victory was cut short when a stream of blue lasers zipped past Vinyata’s fighter, one of them managing to clip her wing. F%&^ Vinyata thought as she turned hard left. The stream of lasers closely shadowed her fighter as it desperately weaved through the clouds evasively. Banking a hard right, Vinyata’s fighter managed to turn around and started to fly toward her assailant, who was still hammering away.
Glancing at her tactical display, the fighter’s database identified it as a Republic XA-5 X-Wing starfighter. Why the hell are the Republic here? Vinyata thought furiously as she fired two missiles at the annoying X-Wing. Both missiles struck home, engulfing the X-Wing in a ball of fire as the fighter was torn to shreds. The remains of the fuselage of the X-Wing and its several s-foils gravely missed Vinyata’s starfighter as the two flew at high speeds past one another, shrapnel scratching the surface of Vinyata’s. That was WAY to close Vinyata thought.
Vinyata anxiously looked around the atmosphere around her, looking for anymore trouble. About 3 miles to her north she could make out what appeared to be a flight of X-A5’s. And they are heading right toward me, this is not good, I needed to kill the traitor and leave, and instead my mission is either compromised or the Republic wants something else from Vendaxa Vinyata thought. Vinyata let loose a volley of various HE missiles and proton torpedoes, throwing caution into the wind, gunning her fighter at a top speed of 4,000mph at her assaliants. All the four X-Wings undertook evasive maneuvers, and all but one of them was able to escape her missile barrage, exploding brilliantly, causing Vinyata’s eyes to squint almost shut.
Vinyata closed the distance with the X-Wing closest to her and closer toward the planet surface that the clouds Vinyata’s fighter flew through and engaged, unleashing the full might of her chaingun lasers upon the lone X-Wing. Although it weaved to avoid her fire, eventually the river of lasers struck X-Wing, bruning it, lacing it with explosions, and sending it in pieces tumbling down to the forest below. As this was happening, Vinyata could sense the other recovering X-Wings training their guns on her. Vinyata slammed the stick forward, diving almost perpendicular to the ground, just in time to dodge a hailstorm of blue lasers. Looping back around, Vinyata hoped to gain superior position on the X-Wings by diving underneath them, then ascending back up in a sort of circle that would land her on her opponents tail. To counter this, the X-Wings split up, one dove after Vinyata and the other did a barrel roll then proceeded to position itself so its guns were trained on a path that would interesct with Vinyata’s fighter.
Suddenly Vinyata’s cockpit started making an alarm sound as the X-Wing diving after her registered a missile lock and fired. Vinyata spiraled and dove to her left, desperately searching for a way to escape the missile. As she dove left the X-Wing that had the higher elevation and was about a mile higher than Vinyata and the other X-Wing trained their guns on her and fired an almost perfect shot of lasers that hit Vinyata’s fighter in between the engines and fuselage.
“God DAMN IT!” Vinyata shouted to no one in particular as her fighter started to respond more and more slowly. Cutting the engines, Vinyata reversed the fighter so it pointed at the X-Wing on her tail and let loose a full volley of proton torpedoes. Although the X-Wing spun and rapidly ascended, one after another proton torpedo found its mark and a purple explosion of energy engulfed the X-Wing.
Now alarms and warnings sounded loudly and rapidly as Vinyata’s fighter’s electronics started to fail and the fighter started to leak fuel and catch fire. Sensing the other X-Wing diving in for the kill, Vinyata pointed the nose of her fighter up toward her finally adversary.
“One last push girl, come on.” Vinyata willed her fighter as she gunned her engines and diverted all the power of her shields toward the nose of the fighter. “If I go down,” Vinyata said, “I’m taking you with me.” The distance between the oncoming X-Wing and her fighter narrowed as the exchanged laser fire. To late however, the X-Wing realized that Vinyata was attempting to ram her mortally wounded fighter into them. Vinyata guided her fighter into the X-Wing, and the two fighters collided to produce a hailstorm of shrapnel, fuel, and a massive explosion. Somehow the part of Vinyata's fighter containing the cockpit managed to remain intact, and it started to fall rapidly toward the forests of Vendaxa below. Fire was slowly overcoming the cockpit, and Vinyata realized her only option of survival was to leap from the cockpit, as she would either die in a crucible or maybe have the trees below break her fall. Activating one end of her purple bladed saberstaff, Vinyata cut a hole through her cockpit and jumped out, falling down toward the planet below, air abrasively colliding with her skin as she fell rapidly. Looking at the red amulet at her chest, she thought: "you better protect me."

The shuttle, thankfully, was relatively well preserved, considering it had clearly been blown to pieces. A large section of the main bodyt remained relatively intact. Assadar entered through a gaping hole in the side. The bodies of two people were there, and Assadar immediately knew they were dead. Much of the material on their clothes was charred and torn, but Assadar managed to salvage a small satchel as well as a few other scraps of material that he figured he could use to make something useful. There was also a blaster in one of their belts--Assadar pulled the trigger, and found that it still worked. A lucky find.

Apart from that though, there was nothing worth having. After about an hour of searching, Assadar buried the bodies of the crew. By the time he was finished, the sun was rising.

Z-1, who had been keeping up a fairly lively dialouge with the Sith, suddenly extended a small sensor from his chassis and began to scan the area.

"What's up, Z-1?" asked Assadar. "Wait, what? A pureblood Sith?" are you sure that crash didn't damage you a bit? Here, let's take a look... Z-1 responded with an agitades series of sounds.

"Well, if you say so. Fine, let's go check it out--I suppose 5 kilometers isn't too far. Maybe I'm not the only one with a bonkers master after all." And they set off.

@[member="Assassin686"]

Abrasive air collided with Vintyata’s skin as she rapidly fell toward the lush green forests of Vendaxa. Her black purple streaked hair fluttered violently behind her and she squinted her yellow eyes as she calculated for anyway possible to avoid a gory death. Closer and closer the trees below came toward Vinyata. Vinyata tilted her body to the left to avoid impalement on a tree trunk and continued to fall in between a group of trees. Sticking her arms out, she caught on to a thick tree branch as she body fell towards it. Vinyata then redirected her momentum into a swing, releasing her grip of the tree branch. Using the force, she pulled herself toward the tree trunk of the tree across from her, sticking her feet out to absorb the impact. Vinyata made contact with the tree and began to slide down the side of the tree trunk, making a hideous scraping noise as she went. Losing her built up momentum, Vinyata was eventually able to hop from branch to branch, finally landing safely on the firm dirt ground.

Glancing around, it seemed her dramatic entrance had scared off most wildlife, although she did spot a pleasant looking stream about 50ft away from her. Moving toward the rustling water, Vinyata channeled her adrenaline from the dogfight and fall into a torrent of anger and dark side emotion. Sitting down cross-legged by the stream, she began to meditate, dark energy radiating from her.

--

The dawn was breaking, and Vinyata had ceased her meditation. Vendaxa was not particularly strong in either side of the force, although the lack of artificial disturbance had helped the planet remain as a sort of well for force-users looking to replenish their energy. Vinyata stood up, contemplating what her next move should be. Reaching down to her belt, Vinyata pulled out her datapad. The datapad scanned the surrounding terrain and gave her a 3D holographic display of the geography, topography, and natural resources all within a 10-kilometer radius. The shuttle my target was in is 10-kilometers NorthEast of my position. Vinyata thought as she observed the holographic display. With little much else to do, Vinyata started forging through the green underbrush as she made her way toward the shuttle. Her mission had been to assassinate an Imperial defector, in particular a Sith, and she was not going let them live, if they had.

@Assard Illrast

Assadar and Z-1 moved along the stream, as the astro droid had told his new master that the pureblood sith they were looking for was there. After about three kilometers, Assadar saw her.

With her clothes in tatters, the sith looked like she could well have been a passenger aboard that shuttle--a survivor. However, since the very talktative Z-1 had not mentioned such a passenger, Assadar decided to discard that idea. Immediately, he noticed the lightsaber at her side. Clearly, this was indeed a sith. Sith--especially pureblood sith--were usually quite difficult to tangle with, and he considered getting out of there. There was no chance of slipping away now though; if she hadn't noticed him already she would in a minute. Therefore, he stepped out into the open. He signaled Z-1 to stay back, but the droid followed him anyway.

"Greetings." said Assadar warily.

@[member="Vinyata Nicashii"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As Vinyata made her way through the underbrush, she sensed another force-sensitive being approaching. Vinyata froze, and stared in the direction of the oncoming being, who appeared to be trained in the dark side. Walking through the clearing came a human male with brown hair and an astro droid at his side. Vinyata sized the newcomer Sith up. She felt confident that if this encounter came to blows she would win, although there was not anyone that she felt she couldn’t best in a duel. This particular individual appeared to be training his connection to the dark side of the force, and Vinyata assumed his lightsaber skills were sub-par than his force skills, although she had no way of confirming this. Reaching out through the force, she sensed the Sith’s emotions, he was apprehensive, tentative, nervous. Good, Vinyata thought sadistically, my reputation of being the rarest species in the galaxy precedes me. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]“Hello there.” The Sith nervously called. Vinyata stoically remained silent, and gave the outward appearance of down-right threatening. Why is this Sith Apprentice here on this backwater planet with no developed civilization? Vinyata wondered. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]“And just who may you be?” Vinyata replied her hand by her saberstaff in case the situation became antagonistical. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]@[member="Assadar Ilrast"][/SIZE]

Assadar didn't miss the movement, and his hand slid down to the lightsaber at his hip. "Me? I'm the sith you just met on this backwater planet. I'd ask you the same question, but I'm willing to be your answer would be just about as revealing as mine--so I'll ask you this instead. What do you want?"

Scathing, Vinyata thought as she let out a chuckle through her lipstick-lined teeth. Did he really just say that? She thought as her characteristic arrogance flashed through her. Maybe he is the unfortunate Sith I was sent to kill. Vinyata pondered.

“Well, let’s put it this way, I am an assassin, and my job is to assassinate people.” Vinyata said with over-exaggerative hand gestures and the tone of an instructor. “There was a Sith unfortunate enough to betray the Empire who traveled to this world. Unfortunately, since I was not given detailed intel, I have no way of knowing if it is you or not.” She studied this newcomer for his reaction.

"In that case," he said, "you probably have something to do with the burning wreck I just found. I take it one of the bodies in there's your man--or, erm, woman-- but it's hard to tell. Either way, if they're alive, then they're not anywhere near here--Z-1 only picked you up on his scanners, though to be perfectly honest I'm not sure if he's functioning the way he should be....Anyway, as for telling whether I am your target or not, I'm really out of ideas to be honest. I suppose you can figure it out."

Vinyata could feel another laugh forcing its way out of her lips as she sensed the rising aggression in the novice Sith that stood before her. Does he really think he can win in a duel with me? Vinyata thought.

In one swift motion, Vinyata twirled the hilt of her saberstaff around her right hand and activated it with a defining snap-hiss. Two radiating purple blades shot out of the saberstaff, and Vinyata stood stoically looking upon the novice Sith, who had activated his own lightsaber.

“Have fun.” Vinyata said as she willed the force to provide a soundless invisible force cloak around her.

@[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

Assadar, for one, was completely shocked. He'd heard of people using the force to make themselves invisbile, of course, but he knew it was very rare. Trying to keep his wits about him, he searched frantically for a disturbance that might indicate the Sith's presence, straining his ears to hear something, anything....but nothing.

Z-1 beeped angrily.
"Stay close to me." Assadar hissed, turing around on the spot to see if he could detect her. He caught no sight or sound of the pureblood sith.
There was one more option left to him. He knew it was Crazy, but there was nothing else for it, so he tried it. Trying to focus his mind, he drew on his fury and reached out, feeling around him, trying to use the force to sense his enemy. Amazingly, it worked, partially--for a fraction of a second he felt something where there should be nothing. With no time to think, he acted on instinct. He held out his hand and there was a great crack. Several branches snapped off an overhanging tree and plummeted down to the forest floor where he had, for a breif second, sensed her.

Vinyata couldn't keep running in circles around him forever, sooner or later she would have to attack. Positioning herself on a branch high in one of the trees surrounding her adversary, she summoned a powerful force push and launched it at him, intending to send him flying backward. Immediately following this attack, she decloaked. In mid-air she spun the hilt of her saber staff around her right hand, activating it. She held the blade high over her head for a killing strike.@[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

In a flash of movement, Assadar drew his blaster and pulled the trigger, hoping to hit the sith while she was flying through the air with her blade held aloft., and rolling out of the way as he did so.

A Sith relying on a blaster? Vinyata thought surprised, he is definitely weak. In mid air Vinyata swung her saberstaff sideways, deflecting the bolt into a tree nearby. Although the Sith had rolled away from her surprise attack, Vinyata easily recovered by executing a forward roll. Turning to face the now standing Sith, Vinyata charged in, unleashing a violent waterfall of strikes directed at random across his body for unpredictability. The overwhelmed Sith began to fall back, trying his best to keep up with Vinyata's fast offensive attack.

Assadar quickly found himself completely outmatched. He was able to defend against the female sith's flurry of attacks--just--but he knew he couldn't last. When he made his next block he pushed against his enemy with all his might, locking their sabers. He felt her quickly pushing him back, but his hand flashed out to his side and made a grabbing motion. There was another great crack as the nearest tree was uprooted and pulled over towards the pair, forcing both of them to leap out of the way. Assadar felt a rush of fatigue.

Focusing all his remaining power, Assadar took advantage of the brief respite and channeled all of his rage into one, powerful push. The other Sith was sent flying back into another tree. He knew she wouldn't be defeated, but he hoped that at least it would show enough strength and shake her up enough to make her a little more cautious and thus buy him a little time to talk to her. If it didn't he was dead--he had no strength left for a fight now. Z-1 turned to him and said something which reinforced Assadar's opinion that the droid was insane. Still though, the Sith would likely kill the droid out of spite if Assadar died, so what choice did either of them have?

"I'm really not the man you're looking for, you know." he said, with a brave attempt at maintaining his previously cool, calm manner. "But I'll let you in on a little secret. Z-1 isn't my droid--he was on the shuttle which I assume you shot down and he survived. He'll have the sensor logs to prove it too. Feel free to keep attacking me. You could probably beat me. But here's another secret: my master dropped me off here, to see how long I'd survive. She'll be back in one month. Granted, if she comes back and find I got killed by another Sith, she'll consider me just another one of the worthless recruits who didn't make the grade. However, I don't think she'd have any reason to pick you up after you got in the way of her little schemes either. So, you can either give me the chance to let Z-1 play back his sensor logs to you, and hope that when my master gets back we can get off this rock together, or you can continue fighting me, almost certainly kill me, and then try to explain all this to the Emperor's Bust. Your call." he finished with a barely disguised pant of exhaustion.

"The Empire's dead," Vinyata responded coldly (OCC: This is slightly before the Empire's fall, but she still can clearly see the projected outcome.) "I don't fear the wrath of a 'Sith' who is more concerned about their sexual appearance than combat abilities."

Vinyata stood up from the tree she had been pushed into, and repressed her boiling anger, still fresh and needing an outlet. Although it required a great deal of concentration, Vinyata suppressed her anger, and deactivated her saberstaff. What have the Sith come to? Vinyata scathingly thought. ​During the reign of the Resurgent Sith Empire an Acolyte would be stronger than this apprentice, and the powerful Darth's that reigned on the Dark Council new the true meaning of being Sith, pretty much everyone today is a fake. It had been difficult for Vinyata to grasp after awakening from stasis that the Sith Empire she knew was gone, and her race, the purebloods were extinct.

Although Vinyata despised the weakling in front of her, she could sense resourcefulness, obedience, the will to survive, and the potential to become an Sith apt in wielding the force. We just need to outgrow him out of that f***** blaster Vinyata thought.

"Very well," Vinyata said in her cold voice, "You have managed to convince me to save your life." Allies in this new era would help Vinyata thought.

"Show me the droids logs, and we'll work on getting you to pass your trials."

Assadar laughed. "And there was me thinking that the damn "trials" were done when I left Korriban." he said, deactivating his lightsaber. "Ah well. Z-1, come here, let's see if we can't access our alibi."

*Several minutes later*

Z-1's holoprojector burst into life, showing two men standing before the controls of a ship.

"Dammit, it's her alright." said one of them.

"I thought you said you shook that crazy lady off on Korriban?"

"I thought I did!"

There was a great explosion. Alarms blared.

"We're hit! An EMP missile! Systems are--"

KABOOM!

"We just lost engines! We're going down!" The holographic image turned to static, and then it was gone.

"Well..." Vinyata said, seeming to pronounce it longer than necessary "Good to know that I caused lots of suffering." Vinyata loved the thrill of hunting a target, it was a primal sensation that resonated with her.

"So," Vinyata said, turning to the Sith "What's your name. If you can forgive the slight...*ahem*....misunderstanding, it looks like we need to help each other getting of this planet." @[member="Assadar Ilrast"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom