Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Of Healing Hands

When it raines, it pours.
tBK2nct.png

Halls of Healing
Silver Rest, Kashyyyk

Samara had been up since dawn and already put in her daily five-mile run around the lake that bordered the western portion of the Silver Jedi Order's temple campus. Well, she did that when life and missions didn't take precedence. Today was a good day.

Recently, the Jedi Healer had returned to Silver Rest after being deployed with the Sliver Mobile Surgical Unit that is based out of the hospital ship SSV Comfort. The humanitarian mission had taken them to the war-torn Mid Rim planet of Velmor. Unfortunately, Mandalorian terrorists complicated their objective causing even more wounded including some medical personnel serving with SMSU #2; the unit Knight Raine was attached to. It was a real risk that came with the job and was readily accepted by members of the Silver Circle as they do their duty in caring for others.

The Liann checked her wrist chromo and noted that it was time to go meet her new padawan learner she was to take on as an apprentice healer. Samara had long put off doing this as she tended to doubt her abilities even though the Jedi Knight enjoyed teaching and seemingly was deemed a skilled Jedi doctor and surgeon by the Chief Healer.

Going out to the main lobby of the healing center, Samara's sea-green orbs peered around at those milling around for Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir ; the padawan she was to begin mentoring this day. The young Valkyri wasn't hard to pick out of the crowd as her head of red hair stuck out along with a perceived nervousness that was seemingly very unlike the patients waiting to be called back. Sam had felt the same way when meeting the Master Healer that took her under their wing all those years ago on Voss at the former SJO temple.

Walking up to the girl dressed in a pair of black Silver Circle scrubs with a grey cover jacket, the honey blonde flashed a friendly, disarming smile her way. "Sigyn? Hi, I'm Samara Raine. I am so excited to finally meet you in person and more so to start working with you side by side in learning the Healing Arts."

sjheaderpurple.png

Last edited:
The day was finally here. The day Sigyn was to meet her New master. She had recently been assigned to the jedi healer Samara Raine Samara Raine by the Council, though it had been Sigyn's wish that her New master was a healer. Since joining the jedi, Sigyn had been fascinated by the healers, how they could save those who should have died, heal their wounds, and help the recover. But she hadn't thought herself skilled enough back then, since she was just beginning to familiarize herself With the force and it's basics. But her Meeting her New master was postponed duo to the need of healers on Velmor.

Now, Sigyn stood in the Halls of Healing lobby, where she was told she would meet her master. All around her were patients, healers, and other personnel, which made it harder to spot Samara if she was already there.

To say the least, Sigyn was nervous. Her previous master had almost met her by chance, though she was nervous then too, but for different reasons. This would be her first assigned master. What if Sigyn wouldn't live up to her master's expectations? What if they didn't get along well? Right now, they were just strangers to each other. And, Sigyn wasn't very proficient in healing yet. She could heal small wounds to the flesh, and help ease pain, but not much more. For the past year, she had been traveling the Outer Rim on a sort of pilgrimage, trying to learn about the force, and enhancing her combat skills. But she had got very little healing practice in that time.

Suddenly, she heard someone coming towards her mention her name. Her heart begun racing faster, though the strangers smiled eased her off a bit. Then she heard the stranger identify herself as Samara. "Oh, yes, I'm Sigyn. It's a pleasure to meet you, master Raine." She bowed her head, as she had learned was a way of showing respect. "I'm very excited to meet you too, master. And I can't wait to learn the arts of Healing from you." Samara sounded really kind and genuine in the way she spoke. Maybe this would turn out relly well for both of them. "But I should probably let you know that I'm not very good at heling yet. But I am very eager to learn!"

"Well I am not a Master Healer quite yet, but someday sooner than later Force willing, hmm?" Sam quipped lightly as she gazed at the teenage padawan with a delighted look upon her face.

The Valkyri had the clearest blue eyes like glacial pools and seemingly her stature was quite sturdy like others of the girl's kinfolk that served with the Silver Jedi Order before her like the Heavenshields. They were all strong in the fighting sense. Being a healer one needed the same fighting spirit but show a softer approach laced with compassion. Though too, they needed nerves of steel and steady hands to function under pressure especailly when under fire say on the battlefield. Time would tell if Sigyn had what it took to be a Jedi Healer. That is what this apprenticeship was all about... developing her skill and knowledge from the basics on up, then putting it to real-time use. Just like anything else, practice makes perfect.

"No worries, Sigyn... We shall start from the beginning and progress from there. It's very important to have a strong foundation to draw upon when things become more complicated or go sideways. I often when stumped go back to square one and rework the problem to find the solution... but I think that is just common sense... Now, how about a quick tour before we get started?" Sam smiled, then motioned for Sigyn to follow her as the honey blonde turned around and began to walk back the way she came.

"This is the main lobby and waiting area. Off to the left, that hallway will take you to the traditional healing center where consultations and simple treatments via Force healing, crystals, and other natural remedies are used on such minor everyday type maladies you know like sprains, broken bones, general sickness etcetera," the Jedi doctor nodded as she led them to the right and down that hallway.

"Chief Healer Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel designed our Halls of Healing. She wanted the facility to be a tranquil place both for the patients and medical staff to work and recover in as you note the calming aesthetics and peaceful atmosphere of the facility. Believe me, when out in the field you don't find this very often. Comforts are far and few between yet we do with what we have to make it work. Best practices."

They soon came to a set of double doors that led into another part of the complex. Samara punched in a security code on the wall panel, then the doors slid back automatically. "In this wing, you will find the acute care wards. We have a Med-Surg Unit and a Critical Care Unit. I tend to spend most of my time here when I am on-planet. When I'm not, I serve on one of the hospital ships and deploy with a Mobile Surgical Unit to the front lines and humanitarian disaster areas."

The Jedi Healer stopped for a moment and looked serious but not in a strict sense. "Sigyn... If you don't feel comfortable or think you're not up to putting yourself all out there, then that's okay. Just say so now and we can find you another master that is more oh how can I describe it, sedentary. Yes, if I can say that," she grinned softly.

"Anyhoo, got questions at this point? If not, then I'll just have you change out of your robes and into a pair of scrubs like mine over there in the staff locker room as I, I mean we have rounds to do."

Last edited:
Sigyn let out a quietand relieved sigh when Samara said that it wasn't a problem that Sigyn had little experience with healing. The way she said it was very comforting for her, to hear that even eperienced healers go back to the basics from time to time.

"A tour sounds great," she said, and begun following her master. This wasn't the first time she was at the Halls of Healing, but she had never taken a thorough look at the different parts of it. It was interesting to listen to Samara telling about the Halls, and she was good at it. From the way she spoke, it was clear that she had spent a lot of time there, and really familiarized herself with it.

When they came to the acute care ward, Sigyn thought it was a bit strange that they needed to tap in a code to get in. It made sense that not anyone could just walk in if there was an emergency, and the healers needed to focus, but she hadn't thought about the need of code locked doors here before. On her homeworld, there was no such things as code locked doors to the healers. At least not in her village. There, the healer had a house, or hall, where people were just told not to enter unless summoned.

"No, I want this!" she said, stronger than she had meant to, when Samara asked if she didn't feel confortable with all this. "I want to be where we are needed, where the action is. I have always lived where it is danger, and that is how I have learned best. And it is out there healers are needed the most. As long as you are with me, then I am perfectly comfortable with it."

Then she walked over to the locker rooms, and changed into a set of grey scrubs. They were not like the clothes she normally wore, but far from uncomfortable. There were only the required shirt and pants she took, steering away from the jacket. Even if it would be smart sometimes, she would feel way too overheated in it. After puting her normal clothes away, she tied her hair in a tail at the back of her head.

"I think I'm ready, master," she said as she came out of the locker room. "But I have one question now. Out in the fields, when there is a big battle, do we wear these then too?" She motioned to the scrubs. "They don't give any protection, and I know that healers are not supposed to be in the middle of the fighting, but we might be required to sometimes, right?"

Samara Raine Samara Raine

Samara was standing at the counter of the nurse's station of the Med-Surg ward reading over a datapad that was used for a patient chart when the young Valkyri joined her after changing into a pair of scrubs like hers.

The honey blonde whose long hair was now pulled back into a single dutch braid turned her golden head and flashed Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir a smile. "Oh no, we have specialized healer robes which can be worn with additional armored plates if need be. These scrubs are just worn while on duty here at the healing center and/or aboard the hospital ships," Sam answered, then she reached into her cover jacket pocket and pulled out a crystal quartz pendant on a generic silver chain.

"This is for you and called the Silver Sigil. This amulet is a healing crystal and worn by our Jedi Healers to assist us in using the Force to heal more effectively when called to do so. Wear it with honor, use it in moderation as it can be quite draining to rely upon it all the time. We'll discuss that in more detail at a later time," she nodded knowingly, then added. "Also, if you want to change out the standard chain to something more fitting for you, feel free to do so."

With that said, Samara motioned for red-haired padawan to follow her into the ward, handing over the datapad that had all the patient's medical history and treatments at her fingertips. "Our first patient today is an Antarian Ranger who had a battlefield below the elbow amputation and now has a mechanical replacement. He is post-op day 3 without noted complications and should be on track to be discharged to light-duty. Let's assess him, then go from there, hmm... "

The Jedi doctor squirted some liquid gel sanitizer onto her hands from a wall dispenser outside the patient's room, then walked in and up to the side of the hospital bed. "Good morning, Corporal Mueller," Sam favored the soldier she'd been treating with a comforting smile, then indicated to her side. "This is Sigyn Vanir, my apprentice healer. We're going to check your prosthetic and hopefully get you out of here today so you can get back to your squad. Sound like a plan?"

"Hey there, Doc... Nice to meet ya, Sigyn is it? I'm good, no more pain, and whatever that cutie last night gave me I slept like a baby. Have at it, ladies. I'm all yours!" the rugged-looking man smirked with a toothy smile, then he placed his right arm that was in an open framed cast atop the bedside table for their ease.

"Anyways, can't let ol' Sergeant Tyrell Caphey Tyrell Caphey have all the fun without me. I can see why Sarge speaks so fondly of your bedside manner, ma'am. It's rather nice if I do say so myself," he added with a playful wink.

The Liann could feel her cheeks start to heat up with the flirtatious compliment, but she quickly released the embarrassment into the Force and continued on without skipping a beat.

"Well, we certainly can't have that now can we, Corporal... Sigyn, will you please grab the electro-stimulater from the cabinet over there, then we can check the neuro responses," Sam instructed her apprentice, then found where the panel opening was on the synflesh covered forearm and spread it open showing the wiring and mechanical structures of the new prosthetic limb.

Last edited:
Sigyn felt relieved when she heard that they had better protected robes when out in the field. Even for the healers that stayed behind a protected area, and healed the wounded soldiers that were brought there, it would be dangerous.

"Wow, it is beautiful," replied Sigyn when she was handed the crystal. She admired it for a moment, before putting it around her neck. "It feels really good too. Through the force, I mean. Calming." She was still nervous, so her words came out in a tumble. "Thank you, master."

She listened to Samara tell about the patient, and felt weird hearing that he had a mechanic arm. How would that even work? A human arm was connected to the brain, and that was how you were able to control it. So how someone could have a robot arm in replacement for their real one was well beyond Sigyn's understanding. Still, she followed her master to the room, and used the sanitizer on the wall just like her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Corporal Mueller. I am terribly sorry to hear about your arm." She tried to not look at it too much. Which was both hard and easy, because both arms looked more or less normal. But the way the Corporal was talking made it easier. So easy-going and carefree. Like it didn't bother him that he only had one real arm.

"Yes, of course," she said, and went over to the cabinet. Electro-stimulator? That was certainly something they didn't have on Midvinter. Luckily, there weren't many things in the cabinet that looked like something called an electro-stimulator. Turning around to give the instrument, she almost dropped it from the shock. The Corporal's arm was opened in the forarm, showing wires and other machanical things. "What in the- sorry," she caught herself before she could say something mean. "I guess this is what you meant by mechanical arm. Here is the electro-stimulator." Somehow, she couldn't take her eyes of the opened arm, even though she felt sickened by it.

Samara Raine Samara Raine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom