Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Course It Was A Trap

volodymyr-shvachko-11.jpg
"Of course it'll be fine. There's no way I'm going to let those people get slaughtered, and I'm certainly not going to risk the lives of these people by not showing up." Kahlil glanced to the droid beside him. The lines of hyperspace slowly fade as his freighter exited into orbit. Below, a bright green planet, seemingly full of life. The Jedi swiped a hand through his silver hair before he stood to gather up his things. His lightsaber. His blaster. He didn't need anything else.

His droid, R6, lets out a small string of beeps and boops as it rolls between the seats in the cockpit to take control of the landing. "I know you can't see the village. It's deeper in. Just get close to the ground, I'll find it while you find a safe place to put the ship. Keep the coms on, yeah?" Another small drone of beeps as the ship made it's way down to the surface. "I'll be safe, promise."

One last exchange and a slight wave and Kahlil was gone, going down the ramp as it lowered to wander off deeper into the forest. It wasn't long until he saw the village ahead, though something was amiss already. He couldn't sense anyone within. A frown formed on his face as he neared, one hand resting calmly on the holstered blaster by his hip. Whatever was going on, there was only one way to find out.

She might be a Commander now, but Salis still got bored at times. And sometimes, that meant pulling just a bit of mischief to keep herself entertained. Occasionally strange individuals would pop up here and there. And whens he saw the chance, she found one that was just so convenient to see if he could keep her amused for the day. It had actually taken almost a week to set up, but thanks to her position, having those droids of Mike's work to make the false village was a peace of cake. Felt like a little blast to her recent mercenary past.

Her Astro Class LX Combat Freighter was hidden in the forest, inside it being her trusted Zepher, a droid. But a good one. And with him three TX-1 Robots and a common astromech. Of course if absolutely necessary she did have him prepared to open radio transmissions to her forces. But she doubted that it would come to that. It so rarely did, she was just...ever so cautious. She watched from a distance, keeping her presence in the force repressed to avoid discovery. For someone who was teaching another the ways of the Sith, and having been a Sith Knight herself, she wouldn't look like one at first glance. She wore armor that included a full helmet, Several phrik throwing knives on it, Sith_gloves over her hands, Stun Pearls in a pouch, an MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle with XAD_Omnisight around her back, 2 Model_Kylan-3s at her sides, a Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono connected to the head piece, back up comm links, and her Lightsaber neatly packed away in one of the pockets of the armor. The title of mercenary definitely was a more fitting expectation of someone that looked like that.

She wasn't all that far away from her "victim" so to speak. Rather, hiding up in the trees surrounded by leaves. But he was beginning to enter the false village. She grinned mischievously, and she leapt. Quietly as she could, intent on landing, behind him by around 10 yards using the force to prevent such a leap from actually causing in kind of damage. He would discover the lack of actual structures soon enough anyway, she felt no need to prolong it when what she wanted was already right before her, "Lookin for somethin?" she asked in a friendly tone, cocking her head and sliding the blaster rifle into her hands, but not aimed at him...right now. "Don't suppose it'd be some villagers in need of help?"

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Kahlil took a breath as he listened to the appearance of the voice behind him. He didn't turn, instead shifting his grip calmly from his blaster to the hilt of his lightsaber. The young man kept his eyes on the village ahead, glancing around curiously to see if there was truly no one there. True enough, he was quick to notice at this distance the fabrication. He slowly turned, glancing over his shoulder to [member="Salis"] .

"I take it you're the one who hired me then? I've never had someone make a fake village to get me alone before." He flashes a kind smile. "If you wanted to meet me, you could of just asked."

She let out a bit of a chuckle at his response about making a fake village and how to meet him, "Aw but that's no fun" she said gleefully, the rifle moved quickly, though he might have already expected a threat. Three shots towards his torso came in quick succession as she stepped backwards in to her left holding the weapon up but ready to move expecting he might be able to fire back, the rifle had a pretty powerful hit and was well within optimal range. Right after those three shots, she stopped hiding her power in the force. She was no force nexus, certainly not. In fact the fact that she had to stop focusing on hiding it would be evidence of it. But, should he be prone to being able to sense others abilities in the force, he would likely feel that she was very familiar with it. If it wasn't for that she now inhabited a clone body, the dark side would still have shown its scars on her face underneath her mask.

"I like playing with people and even if you accepted something so mundane it just isn't as entertaining." She chuckled away.

There was another breath from the young man as he closed his eyes. Danger whispered in his mind. His body relaxed visibly as he weaved through the shots, predicting their path through the Force alone. There was the signature snap hiss of a lightsaber as a blue blade sprang to life. He kept it low, non aggressive, but ready to react if she shot again. His silvery eyes opened to focus on the woman before him. His lips formed into a thin line as she stopped hiding herself.

"Ah? Well, I do hope I can be entertaining. Though, perhaps we don't have to fight?"

He danced his way around the weapons blasts and activated his weapon, but didn't attack. She groaned. "Oh dear, but then what interest would you be to me?" she asked, she shrugged the rifle off her shoulders, tossing it to the side, she paused her hands hovering over the two blaster pistols at her side. Instead she thought, "Ah screw it, I've been waiting for this anyway." and pulled a sabre-staff from the pocket in the back, revealing the dual bladed weapon before her and letting out a chuckle, "I don't get these enough, I won't be wasting it."

She began to move forwards, however, she did not activate the blade. Salis had an unusual mix of styles. While her combat style tended to be most like ataru, soresu, or Juyo. She combined these with a dual-phase saberstaff that could split into two twin sabers, using the quick changes in the weapons length to disorient opponents, but most importantly, often allowing her to get past defenses and avoid cutting herself when pulling wild moves with a saberstaff. But this was not he only style she had chosen to specialize in, the phrik blades on her belt had a purpose too. While few used it these days, Salis had a technique not unlike that of Darth Traya. But instead of lightsabers she telikinetically wielded, they'd be phrik daggers. Not used for defense, just offense. But she would only reveal these once the battle started.

"Let's dance, pal." She said like a giddy child before reaching one hand out attempting to force pull not him, but the structure of the building behind him to attempt to hit him with it. She knew a strong force user, focusing on it, could definitely resist a force pull. And he seemed ready. But resisting thrown debris was a bit different.

"You really just want to fight someone, huh." There was almost a sad tone to the young man's voice. His silver eyes softened. "Sounds like a Sith way of life. It only leads to pa-" Kahlil cuts off as one of the buildings behind him suddenly starts to crumble and fall forward. He turned his head in mild surprise at the scope of her strength, eyes widening for that brief moment. Then he moved. Small, quick movements. The core of his strength as a swordsman. His blade flicked upwards, cutting a hole as the wall fell in just a large enough shape for him to slip through.

Normally he'd try to out run the debris, but this wasn't a true building. Just an imitation to lure him in.

Dust and dirt kicked up, blocking his view as he stepped from the safe area he had made to a higher point. "Only leads to pain, though I think you know that. Is there any chance to sway you from this choice?"

She cocked her head at his reaction about fighting, about a Sith Way of life. It made her chuckle a little. Though...he still didn't engage even after the building crashed. He made hsi way through it with ease and up into another spot. Salis had to be slightly irritated at that. But his finishing of his earlier point made her chuckle a bit as she held out her arms with a shrug, "I'm not a Sith any more darling, it was entertaining for a little, but they got boring after awhile." She breathed in ignoring his other question. If he wasn't going to get any closer, she had to use another tactic. Her mind focused and she pulled the phrik blades from her belt, four of them, rising into the air around her, "You're going to have to get in close if you expect to do much with that blade of yours. Oh, and please don't go for your ship. I find them...well less exciting, so I'm more likely to try and finish it early."

With that she sent the phrik blades towards the Jedi, each of them attacking from a different angle. If he didn't close in, that meant she could put far more focus into the telikinesis on the lightsaber resistant daggers. Allowing her to attack more times then she would otherwise and recover them from being deflected faster. "I was this way long before any Sith ever found me. Let's just say it's as natural to me as is breathing, but way more exciting."

"Well that's assuming I plan to fight you." Kahlil's friendly smile returns as he lifts his blade in a simple stance. Obviously Soresu in theme. He stays where he is, though his smile turns far more nervous as she pulls out the various daggers and has them float in the air. "Living for the fight isn't a bad thing. Just when you let it consume and define you." Well, that was all he could get in. He shut right up as the daggers started dancing through the air to try and cut him apart. A normal person would of been cut to ribbons, but Force Users weren't a normal person.

It would be easy to notice for [member="Salis"] as she directly controlled the daggers. As they neared him, they slowed. Just a fraction, just enough for him to twist out of the way or flick his saber to push it off it's trajectory. He kept in the same spot, barely taking a step as needed. The center of the storm. The calm. He stays in control of his breathing, his movements. As little effort as possible to conserve his strength.

She raised an eyebrow as he took his stance still trying to claim peace. He said living for a fight was fine as long as it did not "define you" well...she definitely did. Well sort of, to her, it was what she did most of her life to enjoy herself. Others liked friends, games, living, drinking. But to her, almost all her joy was derived from moments where she got a good fight. So the thought of trying not to let it be a focus...well, it was just out of the question as far as she knew.

He responded to her daggers now, even as she brought them against him, he deflected, slowed, and barely even budged from where he was. Soresu. Such a defensive style. It was why she almost never used it unless she was beginning to tire. However, it did mean that, in spite of deflecting each of every of the four blades she was using, he'd be exhausted after she was. And she just couldn't have that.

So she moved. After another quick stab of all four at once, she used the force to aid herself, aid her speed, allowing her to make the rush between where she was and where he was in so much shorter of a moment. She'd reach his current position before the blades hit the ground if he hadn't moved already. And when she did she'd activate a single blade, bringing it in a swift angled slash intended to cut from the right knee upwards to the cent of the body. It was a fast movement, ataru was her specialty, and it was aided by the force, but it had to be aided by the force because Salis was not as strong as she'd like. It had to carry enough power with it to commit that act. If he leapt out of the way, she'd attempt to yank him back at her with the force, if he deflected or dodged she'd activate the other end of the saber staff ready to attempt to dodge in turn if he attacked.

There it was. She was truly going to force this fight on him. He had barely twisted out of the way of the four daggers when [member="Salis"] burst up towards him. His smile faded to gritted teeth as he forced himself to move again, this time bringing his saber down to catch hers and force it up and away with a quick deflection. Not taking the brunt of the attack and letting the power go upwards.

Kahlil didn't counter though. He kept his feet planted, eyes locked on the woman. "Truly, we don't have to fight. There are other ways to handle this, I'm sure."

He defended, but even in this close of a range, refused to attack. Why? He was putting himself in completely unnecessary danger. And more importantly he was making this fight a good bit less entertaining. "I doubt that. I spent time getting a fight, and I plan to get it." the blades lifted into the air again, and started simple attacks from the side, easy to repeat without having too terrible of an impact on her focus, and then she sent a flurry of strikes at him, leaping over him in the process. It was the final one though where she intended to try and screw with him, as while based on what she'd seen so far he might be able to defend against them. But the last strike was using that dual-phase advantage, as if he went to deflect or dodge. She'd deactivate her blade for a moment then reactivate it at a longer range in an attempt to cause a stab, rather then a cut like it might have seemed she was going for. This act would again cause the knives to cease their assault to ensure she had the attention on the action.

Regardless of the success or failure of that, she had one other thing to say, "The village may not exist. But I assure you that I have killed before, and I will again." it was a cheerful voice, not one a person should expect to hear with such a comment. Though, perhaps for someone with a history as Kahlil had, it wouldn't be surprising or maybe even unusual.

"Really, I don't want t-" He quieted down again as [member="Salis"] pressed on an assault against him. Kahlil continued to stay to the defensive side of things, reacting to what the ex Sith was doing rather then fight back and try to take the initiative. Her different angles of attack, jumping included, was far closer to his usual type of defense. Blaster fire rarely focused on a single point, unless someone was trained to properly fight a Jedi. Unlike the daggers that he rarely used his saber to deflect, he didn't let her blade swing without finding his there to deflect her strength away.

His gaze narrowed as she jumped away. Confusion. She was certainly too far away to continue her strikes, and the daggers had stopped floating. His own natural reaction kept him from being skewered as the longer phase of her blade activated. With vocal surprise he brought his blade across his chest to push her blade way, saving himself from a more fatal wound. But the sound of sizzling skin and the smell of burnt flesh was unmistakable as her blade cut across his side. He danced back and away as quick as he could, pain briefly warping his smile.

"I've no doubt. And I'm not going to tell you you have to stop. But, you don't need to kill innocent people, do you?"

Deflect deflect deflect. How very Jedi of him. Surely he could at least take a strike at her. She did smile as finally that extra dual phase trick managed to get a cut on him, though it failed to do any serious damage. And yet, he still refused to attack. Even smiled. And his response only helped solidify how almost irritatingly passive the man was. He said he wouldn't tell her to stop. But asked about the necessity of innocent people. She rolled her eyes, as well as her blade, deactivating the saber, not that it meant much given her fighting style, and crossing her arms. "Innocent, guilty, what's the difference to me? Jedi and even plenty of Sith all have some idea of who deserves to die, though I can at least accept the Sith's. What difference does it matter if you can do it?"

The absolute...lack of moral existence might make itself known with that. It wasn't that Salis chose to be evil, it was that she didn't recognize any difference. And it was actions that were evil, most of the time, which she found the most entertaining, "You Jedi like negotiations, so, I'll give you one. If you're entertaining enough, I'll be a lot more compassionate for a little while with people. Might save a few lives that way. But if you're not," she held her hands and arms out shrugging, "What a shame."

She brought her empty left hand out sending force lightning careening towards him, and with the other suddenly gave a force pull while activating her lightsaber again with one end towards him.

"I'm not going to negotiate you into changing your life. You are what I was, once. I know all too well what it's like to grow as a Sith." He let out a sigh of relief as [member="Salis"] deactivated her saber and spoke of negotiating. A chance for peace between them at least. He went so far as to shut off his own saber, letting it relax beside him. At least until the sense of danger flooded his mind. His eyes widened in surprise at the sudden spark of lightning as he barely brought up a hand to try and deflect it. A shimmer of blue, the quick forming of a shield.

Then the weightless sensation of being dragged through the air. He grit his teeth, unable to break the hold in this quick moment. So he went with it. The same hand that had formed the shield dived forward, his palm forming the same energy field to try and force the saber away from impaling him. He hisses in pain as both his palm and side are seared with pain, but he at least lands on his feet in front of her.

And he smiled. A very pained smile. "Really though, you and I don't have to fight."

No negotiations about life changes, apparently. Ok, so apparently he wasn't the most Jedi Jedi. But he certainly did subscribe to the idea of pacifism, especially given his mentioning growing as Sith. He did seem to think her deactivation of her weapon was a declaration of peace though, which on the one hand was amusing, on the other was just another sign of his pacifism. He defended against the lightning, and while he managed to somewhat deflect the lightsaber offcourse to save himself, still getting an injury causing her to let out a laugh of glee.

And then, still no attack. A smile. Pained but a smile. Still calling for peace. She groaned, "Will you really do nothing to save some lives hm? Not even a little push." she let out a groan in irritation "What's it going to take to convince you to fight me? Wait, alternative question, what makes you think what you have to say will actually have any reason for me to not fight you?" she inquired cocking her head at him. "What do you have to offer? Cause I'm getting fed up of trying to coax it out of you."

He was ready for another attack this time. But it never came. He let out a relieved sigh as he took a step back from [member="Salis"] as non threateningly as he could. "There is no one here for you to kill." A simple reason. More importantly though, she was getting more aggravated. That wasn't going to bode well if she was so against talking it made her angry. "I don't have an answer for either of those. I don't know you, or your past. Though, you could tell me. Then I could answer."

No one here to kill? Well that certainly wasn't true in her opinion. He was here. But even if she failed to kill him, combat itself was entertaining when effort was truly put forth. She gripped her lightsaber as he said that he didn't know what reason she would have not to fight him, saying for not knowing her or her past he couldn't answer. She breathed in and out, the blades on the ground shot to her, but instead of attacking, slipped themselves back onto her belt. He lightsaber was clicked onto her belt, accessible more then before. She reached out a hand, pulling her rifle to her, and then slinging it around her back, before removing her head piece and holding it while cracking her knuckles, "Alright, I'll give it to you quick. Born to Merchants. Pretty normal people. I was always good at fighting, even as a little girl. Pens, screws, if it could kill, I knew how to make it work." she grinned, "Scared my parents quite a few times. Didn't realize it at the time, but I guess the force helped when I actually did get into fights. The really bothersome people for my parents just kind of ended up dead or missing. Let's say that didn't help their fear. Found by Sith at some point, they recruited me. I was a natural to it, I loved it. Fighting, power, killing, it was what I specialized in. Became a Knight, made like, one friend. Got bored, left, became a mercenary. Ended up as a military commander now I guess."

Salis shrugged, "Needed a little action. Now, here we are. I do what I want, because why not? Now, tell me why I shouldn't just get some of my people after your ship. So that I can make sure your only way off this place alive is by fighting me."

Kahlil noded slowly, listening respectfully to the brief tale of [member="Salis"] 's life she was willing to give. He expected this much, her being so keen on being a fighter. He let out a sigh by the end, rubbing the back of his head as a frown took over his smile. "Living to fight isn't the sort of life I can just judge. My place isn't to deem if your life is unjust or not. Mandalorians, Iridonians. They live a similar life." He raised a brow slightly at the mention of his ship however, and shakes his head.

"It wouldn't be an easy thing to destroy, though I imagine that won't matter if you won't let me leave unhindered. But I still won't fight you. Fighting for the sake of the thrill isn't something I do anymore. Not that I did it much to begin with." He chuckled a little now, the smile returning as he thought back to his time as a Sith for a moment. The young Jedi took another step back. "I'm not your enemy, nor do I want to be. Perhaps it's what I don't have to offer you that will have you leave here in peace. I won't fight, and if your desire is to have a duel it would be best to let me go, no? Then one day we might truly have a fight, if you're as ruthless as you claim to be."

All that work, and he still ended up with a smile. She narrowed her eyes as he answered, saying he couldn't determine justice and comparing her lifestyle to others. That wasn't what bothered her. It was that he still seemed determined to not give her what she wanted. And sure enough, he did, refusing to fight. He took a step back, she took one forward, her mask making its way back onto her face as he continued speaking. Claiming not to be her enemy. That somehow her desire to duel was supposed to translate into letting him go since he refused. "You won't fight for the lives of others, you won't fight for your own." her voice was calm, but there was a bit of anger in it.

Salis did not use as much anger as one might assume. She enjoyed a fight and used her passion to fuel her abilities. But anger was only one of many emotions. Now though, after repeated denial. It was getting frustrating. "I intend to have my fight, regardless. If you're not it, you'll have to be a side item." her rifle slipped off her shoulders and her two Model_Kylan-3 blaster pistols hit her hands immediately sending off three shots each. Spread out across the torso, legs, and arms. They were not traditional cheap blasters, they were heavy blaster pistols. Essentially blaster rifles cut down to size. More of a kick with each shot to both user and the one being hit, with the disadvantage of less ammo. However, if he was intent on using Soresu on her. Then she was going to run that stamina reliant combat style to wits end by playing a long term offense.

No reason to waste energy on telikinesis if he wasn't going to fight back. She'd keep her attention up, but if he was determined not to attack, she was going to play that for all it was worth and give him endless attacks for it. Even as she did she spoke into the comms on her facemask, telling Zepher to have the ship prepared should she need to chase him down, or prevent him from making it back to his own ship. Salis wanted a fight, whatever the requirements were to get that.

Model_Kylan-3 ammo (current cannister): 47 left each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom