Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Ashes and Crystals: Hunt Thread

John Ash

Only by Fire do we become Ash.
It had taken a bit of time, but John knew exactly how he wanted to go about this hunt. He went to Ord Mantell and found the perfect place for his hunt. There was an abandoned building at the edge of Ord Mantell City. He walked inside of it and looked around. It was empty for the most part and only contained two windows. Both of those windows were by the only door into the place. An entry way lead into a main chamber with several rooms off of it. An air system was installed into the place and it seemed to be running off of a separate generator than the rest of the city. Everything in there was perfect.

John got his plasma torch out of his ship, which was left docked a few blocks away from the building. He went up to the windows and checked them out. They were made out of duraglass but unable to open up. He tinkered with the window a bit and placed shielding on the inside portion over the windows with the generators hidden from sight. He then went down to the power generator and air circulation unit. He got it set up so that they were able to be controlled remotely by his wrist unit. He then set up a special component into the air unit that was also remotely controlled. He welded it all so it could not be tampered with using his plasma torch and went up to the top floor. He messed with the door and set it up so he could control it remotely like the other components of the house.

The house as nearly loaded out how he needed it to be. The last step was putting some furniture he found left around the city. He had a small waiting area set up facing a desk with a holoprojector on it. A small table in front of the chairs was placed. It looked like something an information broker might have. Everything looked right so it was time for the next step. He got onto the holoprojector and sent an encrypted message out to [member="Kham Nakgul"] that read:

Message to: Kham Nakgul
Message from: A potential friend

I understand that this message is going to sound suspicious, but I have taken an interest in your problems. I have come to learn that you have lost your throne and are seeking allies to help with reclaiming it. I believe I can help with that. I will leave an attached set of coordinates of where to find me. IF you choose to except this invitation, you will find me masked. I wish to keep my identity hidden for obvious reasons. I will await your arrival.

The message was sent out and now all John had to do was wait at the desk until the arrival of his target. He had changed into a black suit with his wrist unit hidden under his sleeve. He had his gas mask over his head and his defender bracers on under his sleeves. He had a stun blaster hidden under the desk as well. Everything was ready and it was now time to see how things went from here.

OOC: Investigation thread link.

Interesting, this could be useful. He tapped his comm sending a message to all those onboard the recently rechristened Forerunner. A much better name than the Renagade. This would be an excellant opportunity to potentially gain an ally and test out his new KX-Series droid's capabilities. "All Nazgul to me." Kham said into the comm, all nine of his Black Riders would meet him at the hangar. When he arrived there he arranged for a U-wing class shuttle, how Kham loved those, to be prepared for launch. "All men onboard." The Modulated voices fo his bodyguard's replied as did his droid. "Jumping to lightspeed." And so they did

--------------------

And so Kham and his elite bodyguard all approached the abandoned building all in black cloaks. Kham pulled back his hood, and entered the building in front of his guard. After him came his retuinine. He walked to the man who had called him here. "What do you want?" Kham asked, his men all had their hands on their weapons. His droid had targeted the man, it would be able to react at a moments notice. Kham was in no danger at the moment. "Why have you called me here?"

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

It seemed that [member="Kham Nakgul"] had arrived in much the way that he had expected, full force. The man was as much of a coward and looked to have as much of an overwhelming advantage as possible. Christophsis had taught John this fact. The way he had introduced himself wasn't winning him any points if John truly was a potential ally, so it was probably a good thing he wasn't. Soon enough everything would play out, so he was just going to have to play his part. It wasn't his style to be so deceptive like this, but it was best to adjust tactics for the situation....like how he was going to have to with that droid that showed up.

John stood up as the target and his party entered the building. He went to adjust his cuffs and as he did he subtly pressed some buttons on his wrist unit. The doors that were already shut completely locked up without making a sound and the part he added to the air unit activated. It began to pump coma gas through the vents to fill up the entire building full of the odorless, colorless gas. John had worn his mask with a highly advanced filter in it for this reason and would not be able to tell if it was working until it did himself. It was probably a good thing he had made sure he took all of the steps needed to prevent the gas from getting through his mask or he would end up passing out too.

John said in a voice that was altered from its original state, " Welcome. I am Ben Blackmoor. I recently opened up an information business here on Ord Mantell, so please don't mind the state it is in. Please take a seat and we can get started." He motioned towards the chairs around the small table before sitting down himself. He began to mess with his holoprojector and pulled up an image of a map and a planet. He pointed towards it as he said, " This is Ord Canfre. It served as a supply depot for multiple factions throughout history. It was controlled by a Mandalorian Crusade until recently, but that group seems to be gone now. You can find all kinds of supplies still left behind, including weaponry. There are other such planets around, and I can provide locations for you. Is this what you are looking for?" John waited for a reply as the coma gas filled up the room undetected without special sensors for it. He placed his hands on his desk with his hands cupped together. The hunt had started and now it was time to see how his trap went.

"Yes. That is what I am looking for." Kham said, but if this was a trap this single man seemed harmless, "Four riders search the building." He said, "I hope you don't mind. I have been captured before and only recently escaped a few days ago. But how may I help you in return? I assume you won't do anything for free." As four riders left the room the others relaxed, relax being a relative term, none of them would be caught off guard by an attack.

But then, soon after the door closed, Kham lost the other's feeds. It seemed they had slipped into a coma like state but that couldn't be right. "Go investigate." Kham said as he turned, he and his droid saw the other five riders slumped changing the feeds he saw they were in the same state as the others. "You tricked me. I guess I should have seen it comin..." Kham never finished his sentence as he slumped to the floor with an audible *thump* KX-5MO turned to look at his masters kidnapper before realizing that the gas was affecting his older circuits. The ones that he hadn't had replaced yet. The ones that kept his motor functions online. How unfortunate that he was standing over his master, this would hurt. *Wham* KX-5MO fell on top of his master, the sound of a rib or two breaking audible.

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

The trap didn't seem to be working as the target and his followers were still awake. Was the gas even pumping out through the vents right now? John frowned a bit behind his mask as he listened to what [member="Kham Nakgul"] had to say. He was about to protest it and give the gas more time to kick in when it came in full force. The target and his followers all began to collapse as the coma gas put them under. He began to reach for the plasma torch he had left in one of the desk drawers to take out the droid, the only none organic at this little gathering, but it seemed he didn't need it. The gas messed with it's older, faulty components and ended up shorting the thing. A bit of good luck it seemed. It was time to move into the second phase of the plan.

John pulled out the plasma torch from the drawer before pulling the stun gun from under the desk. He belted the gun as he walked over to the droid that was laying over the top of his target. He didn't know how long it would take the droid to reboot and he didn't want to find out. He pulled it off of the target and to the floor. He activated his plasma torch and then went about welding it's joints so that they were locked and could not move. He wanted to be sure even if it did come back online that it could do nothing. He made sure he was finished with every last joint before he deactivated the torch. Things were progressing smoothly so far. Hopefully it remained that way.

The gas continued to be circulated through the building as John began to drag the armored individuals into the basement where the generator was located at. He wanted them as far away from the top as possible in case someone came to snoop around too much. He had brought plenty of energy cuffs with him since he didn't know how many the target was going to bring with him, and nearly didn't have enough. He was a little surprised by the amount of guards this guy felt he needed. He got all of their arms cuffed behind their backs and feet cuffed together before going up the stairs against. John needed to secure the target now so that he could claim the bounty. He pulled out his remaining two cuffs as he bent over the man. He attempted to cuff his hands together behind his back and got a look at his side. Looked like there was some damage from when the droid fell on top of him. Looked like he was going to have to use a bacta shot to get it started healing once he got back to the ship. He then went to cuff the target's feet together to make sure he couldn't run away again later.

Assuming all of that went over well, John went over to the desk. He rummaged around it for a bit until he pulled out an air mask connected to an air tank. He went over to the target and pulled back the target's helmet. He then placed the air mask over the man's mouth and set the timer on the tank to activate for a few seconds every two hours. He had made filled the tank full of more coma gas to make sure the target stayed knocked out. Hopefully all of this went well.

Kham woke up, only long enough for a single conscious thought to from: Note to self: Get a gas Mask. before he blacked out again. He could do nothing to resist, the gas was having its effects, all he was bale to do the second time he awoke was activate his tracer and send out a call for help to come to the building to free his men.

[member="John Ash"]

John Ash

Everything had gone well enough, but it seemed that [member="Kham Nakgul"] tracker had started to light up. John frowned as he watched that and decided it was best to remove it. He left it on the top of the droid. He then went over to the holoprojector and pulled the hard drive out of it. It didn't have anything on it other than the single message to the target and location of a few old depot worlds, but he still didn't want to leave too much of his identity behind. He might be able to use it later anyways or sell the thing to a salvage yard for a few credits. Not that he was going to need credits after he was paid for this job for awhile.

John lifted up the target's unconscious body up off of the floor and threw him over his shoulder. Heavy. He pressed the button on his wrist unit and the door unlocked. He walked outside as he activated his com system. He sent an encrypted message out to [member="Petrovska Crystall"] that said, " I have Kham Nakgul in my custody. Provide a location for delivery and I will drop him off there as soon as possible. Payment is expected on delivery." He ended it there and let it send. He then went to his ship to put his captured target into it and get off world to another location while he waited for confirmation and a delivery location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom